Reverse V-Formation (OU RMT)

Well we all know what a V looks like, so reverse it and we have a point at the top followed by two lines going down to the side. My thought is if the lead doesn’t have to die (for instance suicide leads) he should be supported asap because a quick start can really frustrate and flush out my opponents game plan. So I thought if I have two pokemon who can come in and force my opponent to show his walls/tanks as early as possible I can save my guys to handle with those when I clear the field of death fodders.

At A Glance
http://www.poke-amph.com/diamondpearl/sprites/212.pnghttp://www.poke-amph.com/diamondpearl/sprites/212.png

Claydol @ Leftovers --- The lead, but not the leader.

Ability: Levitate
Evs: 252Hp / 144 Def / 114 SpA
Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
-Stealth Rocks
-Rapid Spin
-Ice Beam/Shadow Ball
-Earth Power

This playdoh is one of the best at doing its job. His job on this team is simple, set up Stealth Rocks and IF, they set theirs up blow them away. Thanks to his relative bulk he can spin them away rather safely and threaten any anti-leads if they can get hit with any of the moves for super-effective. Dragonite leads can really dent a team with its power. With Ice Beam I can try to scare it off as losing Dragonite is a quick blow to the team. Aerodactyl also can get 2hko so that's a quick exit for that guy as Taunt followed by a Stealth Rock is almost always what Aerodactyl can do (barring Crunch however it doesn’t 2hko). Earth Power is for Heatran, Metagross, Jirachi (unscarfed which is not likely but it's something), steel basically (excluding Bronzong), anything that can get hit for super-effective. Shadow Ball is another consideration over Ice Beam for Azelf coverage but that's basically it so maybe not needed.

Gyrados w/ Life Orb --- The right hand man, the dragon fish serpent.

Ability: Intimate
Evs:252Atk / 252 Spe/ 4Def
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
-Dragon Dance
-Taunt
-Waterfall
-Bounce

Gyrados is monster! Try not to let this guy set up, no; I DARE YOU to stop this guy from setting up. After some test plays I really experienced this guy’s power after heavily doubting it can do much of anything. Bulky waters (like Swampert, which happens to be a common lead) with no electric to scare him off is gonna get set up on to the point that physical walls (even Skarmory) can't stop. Phazers are useless against this guy (even Skarmory). After one Dragon Dance he out speeds all tanks/walls (hoping he does) and after two it’s basically over. Taunt stops any walls/tanks from trying to mess me up (even Skarmory). If Skarmory comes after a Dragon Dance I can just Taunt the Whirlwind and get another Dragon Dance up if he switches. Waterfall and Bounce are stab so doing the math prematurely its +2atk/+1atk (if Intimidated), +stab, +life orb off the top I can’t really see a pokemon covering both of these attack (meaning they will get hit for at least neutral damage). Coming in on pokemon setting entry hazards is also a good time to bring him in as he can Taunt and Bounce away from any Explosion(s).

Jolteon w/ Life Orb --- The right wing, with no wings.

Ability: Volt Absorb
Evs:252SpA / 252 Spe / 4Hp
Nature: Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
-Substitute
-Thunderbolt
-Shadow Ball
-Hidden Power (Ice)

Okay, okay Gyrados isn't perfect. I left out one his major counter(s) Rotom(forms) and IF Rotom is Scarfed(and it is safe to say at least 60% of people run a scarf one) this guys is one of the safest guys to come in and scare it away. Substitute is for scouting of course and with its speed I can run through slower life orb users like Gengar, Starmie, etc. as these guys really can surprise people without Blissey and potential put you in a tough spot. Shadow Ball does this job as life orb should ohko those guys. Thunderbolt just acts as main stab trying to lay waste to anything that can get hit with it for neutral. Hidden Power (Ice) for those dragons (unscarfed mainly, but not likely). Thanks to Substitute (if I have it up on the switch) I can bypass it but that’s a big IF.

Rotom-H w/ Choice Scarf --- The left hand man, but it's a ghost not a man.

Ability: Levitate
Evs: 252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 Hp
Nature: Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
-Trick
-Thunderbolt
-Will~o~Wisp
-Shadow Ball

A scarf Rotom with a bulky flare. This Rotom has been really fun and can really surprise people. Will-o-Wisp is the first option as Tyrantar don’t really mind being scarfed but burnt means a chance of not being 2hko'd. Trick leads are annoying and this guy covers that for this team. Haven’t really done the math but I want to add just enough to 2hko Scarfed Latias if max spA is need then maybe I'll consider it. Discharge is for Gyrados usually I’ll just bring this in instead of Skarmory as Discharge does the job and with scarf I can outspeed bulky Gyrados. Rotom-H keeps them guessing I have Thunderbolt and Overheat so that’s a plus.

Skarmory w/ Shed Shell --- The left wing, now that's a bird.

Ability: Keen Eye
Ev: 252Hp / 252Def / 4 Atk
Nature: Impish
-Spikes
-Whirlwind
-Brave Bird
-Roost

Well after exploiting Skarmory I figure I’ll rant about his strengths. Best physical wall in the game? (maybe?) Spikes really help out Gyrados if my main plan of sweeping with him fails. Whirlwind on infinite or a Tornado? very possible with Skarmory. If I get Taunted, Brave Bird can really do some need damage on that poke and hopefully revenge kill with my other guys. Roost spamming is not really fun but it just happens.

Scizor w/ Leftovers --- The last pokemon?

Ability: Technician
Evs: 212 Hp / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
-Swords Dance
-Bullet Punch
-Bug Bite
-Super Power

I really did know why I am using Scizor. Priority, Hit and Run, I really don't know... i just needed priority in case something bad happens and a pokemon gets super speedy so i can bypass and Bullet Punch it to death. It can be assumed that coming in on Blissey's Toxic then Subbing up and then use the following necessary move. Thunder Wave probably won't be coming because Jolteon usually will be in play and barring an incredible prediction Thunder Wave probably won't come (not saying it won’t). Is this about the same reason why people use Scizor? I really never got why you would use him unless you just wanted to kill stuff or do damage to others.

Try Swords Dance over Substitude on Scizor, and X-Scissor over U-Turn. Sub + U-Turn means you lose your sub. SD and X-scissor works better in my opinion. Thunderbolt over Discharge on Rotom-a cause you want power, and if you para the wrong pokemon on the switch in (like Tyranitar), you can't burn it and you're pretty much screwed.

ok changes will be made so what i got from you guys is SD scizor with classic rotom-h

and about the para on tyranitar that wouldnt be bad if i get a scarf ttar with para thats basically a useless ttar but i dont know ill give it a try

im considering a special wall/tank over scizor and doing some tests for a better fit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)