Revving Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a thought: Thrash is now 140 BP and 85% accurate. Basically nothing uses Thrash as is but at this level of power maybe it could find use on a strong Normal-type or -ate pokemon. The move has its innate downfalls so huge levels of power are warranted.

Sigh. Hmmm, In that case... fine disregard.

I got some other ideas.

K-Muk
Abilities: Sticky Hold/Gooey (Intimidate)
New Moves: Drain Punch, Recover

Maybe a bit too generous, but Kanto-Muk could use a lot of help. If I only gave it a dark type, (which is a canon decision) it would be stronger, but this is in the spirit of trying to make sure Alolan Muk doesn't completely overshadow his original counterpart.

Kingler
New Moves: Shell Smash, Aqua Jet
Abilities: Defiant/Shell Armor (Sheer Force)

Kingler struggles with needing both Agility and Sword Dance, also that shell looks like it could thematically use a Cracking.

Shell Armor: Defiant but for Defenses. Some Pokemon will really enjoy tanking up in the face of Sticky Webs or an intimidate. For those worried about the loss od Crit Hax prevention, we still have Battle Armor. Or you could swap it around and make Battle Armor the one that boosts defense defiantly. I don't care, I just don't find clone abilities very intriguing.
That’s actually a pretty solid change for kingler. Gives it an interesting way to stand out over other water types (multiple ways to punish stuff like defog), and gives its most common set in agility a means to be very solid, nice.

So to begin with, Mega Audino now has Regenerator. Also, because I think it should have to begin with, Audino in base and mega is now pure Fairy. Iirc it doesn’t have Moonblast, so it has that now. Finally, it loses Toxic and Calm Mind while gaining Cosmic Power, Sing and Recover. It loses Toxic because duh. CM + Recover could be annoying as it would have killpower. cosmic power makes it less powerful but annoying to kill. Sing is mostly flavor for now, but I suppose it could be useful.

The following changes are also approved.
Stats-
Gallade: 68/165/95/65/115/110
Gardevoir (new): 68/65/95/165/115/110

Abilities-
Gallade (new): Stamina - A Swordsman needs a lot of Stamina in order to keep fighting (have you played Skyward Sword? You should know)
Gardevoir: Pixilate

Moves-
Gallade: Play Rough, Sacred Sword
Gardevoir: ---

New Ability:: Initimidate

New Move: Tail Glow (Rev’s note: I think Ampharos should have gotten this move to begin with.)
Heatproof now provides an immunity to Fire-type moves and burning.

Rivalry now raises Attack and Special Attack by 25% when the Pokemon's type matches the opponent’s.

Pressure now also has Unnerve’s old effect of preventing opponents’ berry use (since Unnerve no longer does that).
Damp - Sunny Inverse of Dry Skin, providing Fire immunity and rain poisoning and slight water weakness but heals during sun.
Bullet Proof/Mega Launcher - Blocks/boosts the power of blast, beam, ball pulse, Pump, and bullet moves.

The list is decent. Besides everything that was currently effected by these 2 abilities, we can add: Ice Beam, Fire Blast, Moon Blast, Signal Beam, Solar Beam, Hydro Pump, Aeroblast, Gunk Blast, Boom Burst, Psybeam, Aurora Beam, Spike Cannon, Pin Missile, Fusion Bolt, Charge Beam, Flame Burst, Flash Cannon and others I’m probably forgetting. (Rev’s Note: Mind Blown and Bullet Punch were removed. The first I didn’t get and Bullet Punch to me was always a Punch at the speed of a bullet.)
Kingler
New Moves: Shell Smash, Aqua Jet
Abilities: Defiant/Shell Armor (Sheer Force)

View attachment 134231
Slowbro-Mega: Shell Armor -> Unaware

You would be Unaware too if you were being eaten alive.

View attachment 134232
Garchomp-Mega: Sand Force -> Mold Breaker

Seems to fit Garchomp's "power" theme while being more useful in general.
Approved for both of them. Now, for something different.

Poliwrath
+20 HP and Defense
-Damp, +Contrary
+Drain Punch, Close Combat, Hammer Arm, Ice Hammer, Liquidation
Reasoning: The spiral on its belly turns everything upside down for Poliwrath. The move additions are to abuse the ability, and the stats are simply to make it bulkier while emphasizing the physical bulk Poliwrath exerts. Liquidation should have happened to begin with.

Here is a set that my idea would easily see in OU, at least imo.

Poliwrath @ Assault Vest
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Close Combat
- Liquidation
- Drain Punch
- Ice Hammer

Alternatively, you could run 252 Spe over 252 Def and run Jolly Nature to take advantage of the speed boosting as much as you can.

Bullet Proof/Mega Launcher - Blocks/boosts the power of blast, beam, ball pulse, Pump, and bullet moves.

The list is decent. Besides everything that was currently effected by these 2 abilities, we can add: Bullet Punch, Ice Beam, Fire Blast, Moon Blast, Signal Beam, Solar Beam, Hydro Pump, Aeroblast, Gunk Blast, Boom Burst, Psybeam, Aurora Beam, Spike Cannon, Pin Missile, Fusion Bolt, Charge Beam, Flame Burst, Mind Blown and others I’m probably forgetting.
I know this was just approved but now I have the chance I want to echo what a couple of others have said regarding this being potentially overpowered. Having Chesnaught and Kommo-o being essentially immune to special Ice, Fairy, and Fire moves, allowing Chesnaught to become an oppressive tank and Kommo-o more than enough opportunities to set up, is asking for trouble.

Also would like to add support for Pidgeot getting Focus Blast since it will help its viability and is a common TM moves for many less suitable Pokemon.

New stuff:

Unnerve --> Stakeout, +10 speed
Now Arbok has access to a trapping move thanks to Constrict, having Stakeout added as its ability punishes players who try to avoid being trapped by it. A speed buff will help it out defensively, giving it a chance to attack before being hit by common Ground and Psychic type attacks.

+ Head Smash or Brave Bird.
This will allow Aerodactyl and its mega counterpart to have more reliable STAB combo. Stone Edge and Aerial Ace are not the greatest pair of STAB moves and Aerodactyl deserves better.

Elemental Fang moves (Ice, Electric, Fire + Poison ): Increase power to 75 to match Elemental Punches. Lower accuracy to 90% to compensate for 10% chance to flinch. Poison Fang now has matching effect. I believe the only relevant Pokemon with access to both are Feraligatr and Tyranitar.

I’m actually in favor of a nerf. If I could at the very least addendum Bulletproof: the newly gained “immunities” are now simply just 33% (25 If it’s still too much) damage reductions.

If Mega Launcher is too much with all these boosts, reduce it for non-pulse moves if possible.

just a simple suggestion:

Slam could be changed to a 130 power, 100 accuracy Normal move with Priority -1. Slam is a completely useless move that is basically just a filler for Pokemon's level up sets, but with this change it would actually be somewhat useful as a powerful Normal move with a drawback. Slam currently isn't learned by many powerful Pokemon so it's unlikely to break anything but it adds a fun option, especially with Z-moves.

oh and Rock Climb could be like Normal's Freeze-Dry and hit Rock types SE instead of being resisted.

Bulletproof and Mega Launcher are fine for now. Chesnaught is actually good now and Clawitzer isn’t anything special, and Mega Blastoise is better. Kommo-o will simply lose Bulletproof. What will replace it is TBD.

Would these be considered too much?

If a Pokemon with Pickup holds a one-time use item and consumes it, there is a 30% chance that on a subsequent turn its item will be recovered. Pickup cannot recover items that have been removed via Knock Off, Magician, or Pickpocket, or berries eaten by Bug Bite, Pluck, or destroyed by Incinerate. It also cannot recover items that, when consumed by Fling, have a secondary effect (e.g. King’s Rock, Flame/Toxic Orb, Light Ball)
Pickup has really poor distribution, the most viable users of it would likely be Ambipom and Gourgeist. Assuming that an LC tier will exist for this pet mod I can’t say how much this affects Pickup mons in terms of viability as I don’t play, but if anyone here does play LC I’d appreciate your feedback.

Useful items: Absorb Bulb, Berry Juice, Cell Battery, Eject Button, Red Card, Gems, Mental Herb, Power Herb, White Herb, Weakness Policy, Terrain Seeds.

All attacking moves of a Pokemon with Stakeout have the same properties as Pursuit, i.e. they go before the opponent switches out and their damage is increased by 1.5x. If the Stakeout Pokemon uses U-turn or Volt Switch, the opponent’s switch is cancelled (similar to U-turn/Volt Switch’s interactions with the Eject Button).
AFAIK, the only Pokemon with access to Stakeout are Yungoos and Gumshoos. This gives Gunshoos a great edge in putting a lot of pressure on the opponent as nothing can switch out safely without taking damage. Again I’m not an avid player of LC but I would expect Yungoos to have a more significant impact on the meta because of this buff.

If a Pokemon with Pickup holds a one-time use item and consumes it, there is a 30% chance that on a subsequent turn its item will be recovered. Pickup cannot recover items that have been removed via Knock Off, Magician, or Pickpocket, or berries eaten by Bug Bite, Pluck, or destroyed by Incinerate. It also cannot recover items that, when consumed by Fling, have a secondary effect (e.g. King’s Rock, Flame/Toxic Orb, Light Ball)
Pickup has really poor distribution, the most viable users of it would likely be Ambipom and Gourgeist. Assuming that an LC tier will exist for this pet mod I can’t say how much this affects Pickup mons in terms of viability as I don’t play, but if anyone here does play LC I’d appreciate your feedback.

Useful items: Absorb Bulb, Berry Juice, Cell Battery, Eject Button, Red Card, Gems, Mental Herb, Power Herb, White Herb, Weakness Policy, Terrain Seeds.

All attacking moves of a Pokemon with Stakeout have the same properties as Pursuit, i.e. they go before the opponent switches out and their damage is increased by 1.5x. If the Stakeout Pokemon uses U-turn or Volt Switch, the opponent’s switch is cancelled (similar to U-turn/Volt Switch’s interactions with the Eject Button).
AFAIK, the only Pokemon with access to Stakeout are Yungoos and Gumshoos. This gives Gunshoos a great edge in putting a lot of pressure on the opponent as nothing can switch out safely without taking damage. Again I’m not an avid player of LC but I would expect Yungoos to have a more significant impact on the meta because of this buff.
Pickup would probably still suck, except for Pumpkaboo in LC which doesn't have anything else for a good ability anyway.
Stakeout does not solve Gumshoos's problem of any offensive mons just annihilating it before it can do anything, but maybe it could be useful.

Stakeout could be good for but as said above Gumshoos doesn't exactly scare anything out.

Problem with Pickup is the relevant Pokemon that have it have better abilities lie Gluttony Linoone, Technician Ambipom and Huge Power Diggersby. From what I've played of LC, Eviolite is far better on all Pickup users. I guess it would allow Munchlax to run an extra move over Recycle on its Berry Juice/Recycle set (even then Recycle would be more reliable than 30%) but that would just about be its only niche across every metagame.

Elemental Fang moves (Ice, Electric, Fire + Poison ): Increase power to 75 to match Elemental Punches. Lower accuracy to 90% to compensate for 10% chance to flinch. Poison Fang now has matching effect. I believe the only relevant Pokemon with access to both are Feraligatr and Tyranitar.
Poison Fang, while underutilized, had that nice 50% toxic chance, Not sure I'd want to further make it undesirable by lowering it to 10%, even with the damage boost.

Poison Fang, while underutilized, had that nice 50% toxic chance, Not sure I'd want to further make it undesirable by lowering it to 10%, even with the damage boost.
I think underutilised is a bit of an understatement. Even though the only Pokemon that would use it are A-Muk, Crobat, and Drapion I can see 50% being a bit much with the buffs. It becomes a similar problem to Scald where your best move is to hope you don't get burned in some cases. Maybe 30% just because it has low availability?

Speaking of status changes:

Make Will-O-Wisp available only to Fire types and always hits when used by a Fire type to match the Toxic changes. Clicking Will-O-Wisp often has very few drawbacks dealing residual damage and crippling physical attackers.
Make Thunder Wave available only to Electric Pokemon and always hits when used by an Electric type to match the other two status moves and reduce the arguably worst mechanic in the game.
Increase Dark Void accuracy back to 80% to give Darkrai its relevancy back in Ubers. Smeargle remains unable to use it.

Also Levitate replacements (making Levitate a mechanic is the best change if this mod)
Gastly/Haunter --> Cursed Body
Koffing/Weezing --> Aftermath
Misdreavus/Mismagius --> Berserk
Unown --> Adaptability
Vibrava/Flygon --> Tinted Lens
Lunatone/Solrock --> Magic Guard
Baltoy/Claydol --> Magic Bounce
Duskull --> Cursed Body
Chingling/Chimecho --> Simple
Bronzor/Bronzong --> Soundproof
Carnivine --> Arena Trap
Rotom + forms --> Gooey (think ectoplasm)
Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf --> Trace
Giratina-O --> Neuroforce
Cresselia --> Oblivious
Tynamo/Eelektrike/Eelektross --> Protean
Cryogonal --> Snow Warning
Hydreigon --> Mold Breaker
Vikavolt --> Serene Grace

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Make Will-O-Wisp available only to Fire types and always hits when used by a Fire type to match the Toxic changes. Clicking Will-O-Wisp often has very few drawbacks dealing residual damage and crippling physical attackers.
It could be argued that Will-O-Wisp is moreso a Ghost-type move than a Fire-type move with its obviously supernatural undertones and wide availability to Ghost-types. Maybe Fire- and Ghost-types can get it?

Useless ability reform: Leaf Guard - now functions like Magic Bounce during harsh sunlight.

Most of it's users would need a buff in order to really be viable with it, but it certainly creates potential with Charizard-Y setting sun and needing hazards kept away. Tsareena looks the most promising of the pokemon who get it to actually accomplish something in OU.

A few buffs for some of my favorite 'mons

Mega Charizard-X

Speed +10 Attack +10 Spattack -20

Zard's relatively useless spattack is reduced, while it gains a speed boost to outspeed/speed tie threats like the latis and garchomp, while an increase in attack gives its moves a little more firepower (pun intended).

Kyureum-Black

Gains: Ice punch, Earthquake

Kb gains some new toys to abuse with its monstrous attack stat.

Really excited about this new mod (wanted to join on the original CFM, but felt it was too far along)!

Ideas:
U-turn:
Base Power 70 > 50
Volt Switch: Base Power 70 > 50

The ability to scout for potential switch-ins while also having a moderately powerful STAB makes these two moves amazing. In particular Choice Scarf users with high Attack can use this move to gain a lot of momentum for little risk (most prominently Landorus-T). Nerfing their Base Power makes prediction more of a necessity, although the moves still retain their effectiveness.

Blizzard: Accuracy 70% > 80%
Thunder: Accuracy 70% > 80%

There is little reason to use either these moves, especially with 70% accuracy.

Tauros: Base Attack 100 > 115

There is no reason Tauros should have a higher Speed stat than Attack, nor should it be weaker than Dodrio and Stoutland. While bulls are certainly fast, they are more known for their strength (especially as opposed to other animals). The buff hopefully gives Taurus a little buff, while also making its strength match its design.

Hustle: Increases Speed by 50% at the cost of 20% accuracy. Increases wild encounter rate with higher level Pokemon.

It never made sense to me why an ability called Hustle had nothing to do with speed but instead raised the power of physical moves. This change helps a lot of LC Pokémon, as Speed is vitally important in that tier. Plus, Togekiss might actually get some use out of this.

Also, as a question, are the Gardevior/Gallade changes for the Mega Evolutions (judging from the stats)?

Last edited:
R
Blizzard: Base Power 110 > 120
Thunder: Base Power 110 > 120

There is little reason to use either these moves, especially with 70% accuracy. Thunder might be a little too strong in Rain, but it doesn't look like the best Rain abusers would be using Thunder anyways.
Isn't Tapu Koko run on the vast majority of rain teams?

Really excited about this new mod (wanted to join on the original CFM, but felt it was too far along)!

Ideas:
U-turn:
Base Power 70 > 50
Volt Switch: Base Power 70 > 50

The ability to scout for potential switch-ins while also having a moderately powerful STAB makes these two moves amazing. In particular Choice Scarf users with high Attack can use this move to gain a lot of momentum for little risk (most prominently Landorus-T). Nerfing their Base Power makes prediction more of a necessity, although the moves still retain their effectiveness.

Blizzard: Accuracy 70% > 80%
Thunder: Accuracy 70% > 80%

There is little reason to use either these moves, especially with 70% accuracy.

Tauros: Base Attack 100 > 115

There is no reason Tauros should have a higher Speed stat than Attack, nor should it be weaker than Dodrio and Stoutland,.

Hustle: Increases Speed by 50% at the cost of 20% accuracy. Increases wild encounter rate with higher level Pokemon.

It never made sense to me why an ability called Hustle had nothing to do with speed but instead raised the power of physical moves. This change helps a lot of LC Pokémon, as Speed is vitally important in that tier. Plus, Togekiss might actually get some use out of this.

Also, as a question, are the Gardevior/Gallade changes for the Mega Evolutions (judging from the stats)?
Any particular reason why tauros shouldn’t be faster than it is strong or stronger than stoutland and dodrio? You should have a sensible reason/ evidence to back up a change.

Some more ideas from me.

In addition to its regular effects, Shield Dust reduces damage taken from damage-dealing moves that have a secondary effect by 30%. Basically, every move affected by Sheer Force will also be affected by this. Since Sheer Force increases the power of moves, Shield Dust should decrease their power. Every Pokemon with access to Shield Dust is Bug-type and shit (except for Cutiefly in LC but that's banned anyway).

Pollen Puff has a 50% chance to raise the user's Special Attack by one stage, in addition to its regular effects.

Type:

Abilities:
Aroma Veil / Shield Dust (Sweet Veil)
Stats: 60 HP / 55 Atk / 60 Def / 109 SpA / 70 SpD / 130 Spe BST 484
New Moves:
Lovely Kiss, Spikes, Memento
Niche: Suicide lead with a sleep move. Has the unique combination of Sticky Web/Spikes and Memento can be handy for getting something in to set up. Might be good in lower-tiers but not OU-worthy by any stretch.

Type:

Abilities:
Soundproof / Bulletproof (Shield Dust)
Stats: 75 HP / 125 Atk / 115 Def / 100 SpA / 100 SpD / 85 Spe BST 600
New Moves:
Fire Blast, Softboiled, Glare, Calm Mind
Niche: Meet the first non-Bug Shield Dust mon. An improved Kommo-o with a little less defense but more power. I think it's pretty much got all it needs, but it certainly appreciates Fire Blast for hitting Scizor harder.

Type:

Abilities:
Shield Dust / Tinted Lens (Wonder Skin)
Stats: 70 HP / 65 Atk / 70 Def / 110 SpA / 85 SpD / 100 Spe BST 500
New Moves:
Heat Wave, Powder
Niche: QD sweeper with an extra coverage option and Powder (because Powder is a good move ok)

Effect 1: All status moves that are used against this Pokemon have their accuracy changed to 30% and bypass evasion/accuracy checks a la Horn Drill/Fissure/Sheer Cold/Guillotine. This includes status moves that, ordinarily, would never miss. Does not affect Pokemon with the ability No Guard, Teravolt, Turboblaze, and Mold Breaker.
or
Effect 2: The above, minus affecting moves that never miss.
There's so much shit that can and will miss with Wonder Skin it makes setup really scary. Hope you're packing something with Haze or Unaware. Still, only a few Pokemon get it and they're really mediocre; let's see how much a buff to Wonder Skin might change them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)