1v1 Rillaboom 3 Strikes : peaked #26 on the ladder

RudeLiees

formerly Xr Kartana
Hello :)! Here’s my second RMT in 1v1, this team is based on Rillaboom, because this Pokémon have a rly good attack, which is coupled by powerful stabs and grassy surge allow him to ohko most of neutral mons.
  1. Proof of peak
IMG_0357.jpg

THE TEAM !
:Rillaboom:Rillaboom @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Grassy Glide
- Wood Hammer
- Knock Off
This set allow him to hit most of the tier without get ohko, knock off remove potential Custap Berry or weakness policy, wood hammer ohko sylveon, ogerpon water, Gliscor, valiant if he doesn’t run encore disable set, he can also ohko dondozo.
Grassy slide is mostly used against valiant because of encore-disable or against custap Berry user like Manaphy (endure).
Finally drain punch allow him to stay healthy against bulky mons.

:sableye: Sableye @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Prankster
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Protect
- Encore
- Disable
- Recover
Pretty standard set, if u play correctly u can win almost every game against non dark type except valiant which is can be hard to beat.

:urshifu: Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Choice Band
Ability: Unseen Fist
Tera Type: Fighting
Jolly Nature
- Ice Spinner
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- Fire Punch
This Pokémon will be chosen if there’s no scary answers like Manaphy, ice spinner ohko haxorus, surging strikes break potential sturdy, close combat is for bloodmoon or meowscarada non scarfed, Finnaly fire punch is for hit corviknight !

I hope you’ll enjoy the team, and good luck if you try this team :)

importable :https://pokepast.es/eb14858b89e97592

Last edited:

recti

formerly Arvinraj K III C
Hi and my appologies for no one responding to your post . I myself am a 1v1 learner and ladderer. Your team looks solid of the bat but loses to tinkaton and choice banded chien-pao though tinkaton can be considered extremely rare chien-pao is used a decent amount
252+ Atk Choice Band Rillaboom Grassy Glide vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Chien-Pao in Grassy Terrain: 228-268 (75.7 - 89%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery. It also seems that you lose it chien-pao most of the time
252+ Atk Choice Band Sword of Ruin Chien-Pao Giga Impact vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: 339-399 (99.4 - 117%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
thank you and please pardon me if I said anything wrong. I hope you meet more success with this team!

Miyoko

Nature lover
is an official Team Rateris a Tiering Contributor
Hi! Some changes according to current dlc

1. Life Orb :life orb: --> Choice Band :choice band: on rilaboom
Try Fake Out on Rillaboom :Rillaboom:, it helps vs sturdy pokemons such as :archaludon: Archaludon. You can try it out.
2. Try Primarina :primarina: --> :urshifu-rapid-strike: Urshifu-rapid-strike
You need some special attackers. Currently primarina is one of the best hydro cannon killer and is strong. It fits good in every teams :primarina: can use hydro cannon to kill strong options that surging strikes :urshifu-rapid-strike: can't kill

Everything else looks good. Maybe u can try some bulk on Rillaboom to survive some hits from other strong pokemons but the team structure and everyhing else looks good. Thank you!

:sv/mew: Bye :sv/mew:

Hello, I like the concept of the team, so I wanted to share my thoughts about a few changes that could happen here based on the new dlc. First I will include my personal issues with the team, and then I will suggest the changes I see fit. Of course you implement whatever you like!

- First of all, in my opinion, the main issue of the team right now is dealing with offensive
. Due to Sturdy, Urshifu-S doesn't really beat this thing, and it gets OHKOed back by Electro Shot or even by Draco after the SpD drop cause of CC.
252 SpA Archaludon Electro Shot vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: 414-488 (121.4 - 143.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Archaludon Draco Meteor vs. -1 0 HP / 4 SpD Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: 468-552 (137.2 - 161.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Obviously, Drain Punch Rillaboom seems like a chance of beating it, but it doesn't do enough damange (yes even with Adamant), and Arch outspeeds + KOes eventually with the combination of Electro + Draco (or even Flash Cannon). Then again, Rilla loses to Stamina set also. At last, I think your only real chance is with Sableye, but imo it might need a little bit of "outplay" so I wouldn't count it as a safe answer to it.

- As Miyoko stated above, I 100% agree that the team is full of strong physical attackers, and there is no special attack presence. That might not work against teams that are built around annoying physical walls such as
. Same as Arch, your only real chance against such walls is
, so again you are ending up in many situations where your click looks obvious.

- Fairy types, in general. Good thing is that 2 out of the most used Fairies are
and
which you can beat ofc with Rillaboom, but the other 2 members of your team are pretty weak to these 2. However, the real problem is that there are Fairies that can also beat CB Rillaboom such as Encore + Disable
(the standard set loses to Sableye but there are some sets running Moonblast so you have to be careful),
, and even Stall (sap sipper)
. At the end of the day, you are ending up relying on Sableye outplays, making your click "predictable" once again.

- The last thing, that I personally would change is the item of either
or
. This is more personal opinion, but I never put the same item on 2 out of the 3 mons of my team. Also, due to the fact that the item locks you into 1 move you lose to threats that are mentioned above such as Encore + Disable
, so this thing basically 3-0es.

My suggestions

I understand by the title that the main idea of the team is Rilla + Shifu, so I will not change these 2 members at all and perhaps only some details on their sets.

- I would change
on
into
. This fixes the issue I mentioned above with the Fairy threat and the Special Attacker
. Some bulk investment helps as well, you can check it below with the new importable. I won't change the CB on Shifu because it is helpful now to deal with Steels or Fire types that RIlla might struggle with such as Metagross and Volcarona.

-
-->
. I understand why Sableye is here, but the dirge addition helps Rilla + Shifu core with the threats that are mentioned + the lack of Special Attack issue. It is also able to beat problematic threats for the other two such as

I hope this is a bit helpful for you, and if you want to test the team with the changes I did, here is the
Rillaboom @ Assault Vest
EVs: 184 HP / 84 Atk / 240 SpD
Careful Nature
- Fake Out
- High Horsepower
- Wood Hammer
- Grassy Glide

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch

Goodra-Hisui @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sap Sipper
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 224 HP / 52 Def / 184 SpA / 12 SpD / 36 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Acid Spray
- Flash Cannon
- Counter

Last edited:

RudeLiees

formerly Xr Kartana
Hello, I like the concept of the team, so I wanted to share my thoughts about a few changes that could happen here based on the new dlc. First I will include my personal issues with the team, and then I will suggest the changes I see fit. Of course you implement whatever you like!

- First of all, in my opinion, the main issue of the team right now is dealing with offensive
. Due to Sturdy, Urshifu-S doesn't really beat this thing, and it gets OHKOed back by Electro Shot or even by Draco after the SpD drop cause of CC.
252 SpA Archaludon Electro Shot vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: 414-488 (121.4 - 143.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Archaludon Draco Meteor vs. -1 0 HP / 4 SpD Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: 468-552 (137.2 - 161.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Obviously, Drain Punch Rillaboom seems like a chance of beating it, but it doesn't do enough damange (yes even with Adamant), and Arch outspeeds + KOes eventually with the combination of Electro + Draco (or even Flash Cannon). Then again, Rilla loses to Stamina set also. At last, I think your only real chance is with Sableye, but imo it might need a little bit of "outplay" so I wouldn't count it as a safe answer to it.

- As Miyoko stated above, I 100% agree that the team is full of strong physical attackers, and there is no special attack presence. That might not work against teams that are built around annoying physical walls such as
. Same as Arch, your only real chance against such walls is
, so again you are ending up in many situations where your click looks obvious.

- Fairy types, in general. Good thing is that 2 out of the most used Fairies are
and
which you can beat ofc with Rillaboom, but the other 2 members of your team are pretty weak to these 2. However, the real problem is that there are Fairies that can also beat CB Rillaboom such as Encore + Disable
(the standard set loses to Sableye but there are some sets running Moonblast so you have to be careful),
, and even Stall (sap sipper)
. At the end of the day, you are ending up relying on Sableye outplays, making your click "predictable" once again.

- The last thing, that I personally would change is the item of either
or
. This is more personal opinion, but I never put the same item on 2 out of the 3 mons of my team. Also, due to the fact that the item locks you into 1 move you lose to threats that are mentioned above such as Encore + Disable
, so this thing basically 3-0es.

My suggestions

I understand by the title that the main idea of the team is Rilla + Shifu, so I will not change these 2 members at all and perhaps only some details on their sets.

- I would change
on
into
. This fixes the issue I mentioned above with the Fairy threat and the Special Attacker
. Some bulk investment helps as well, you can check it below with the new importable. I won't change the CB on Shifu because it is helpful now to deal with Steels or Fire types that RIlla might struggle with such as Metagross and Volcarona.

-
-->
. I understand why Sableye is here, but the dirge addition helps Rilla + Shifu core with the threats that are mentioned + the lack of Special Attack issue. It is also able to beat problematic threats for the other two such as

I hope this is a bit helpful for you, and if you want to test the team with the changes I did, here is the
Rillaboom @ Assault Vest
EVs: 184 HP / 84 Atk / 240 SpD
Careful Nature
- Fake Out
- High Horsepower
- Wood Hammer
- Grassy Glide

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch

Goodra-Hisui @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sap Sipper
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 224 HP / 52 Def / 184 SpA / 12 SpD / 36 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Acid Spray
- Flash Cannon
- Counter
Hello ! sry for the late response, This team is outdated but thx for your suggestions ! I laddered a bit and came back to the 1500, for sableye, with the new released mons he's litteraly unviable, the change is really deserved, I'll come soon with an rmt, with a new team

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)