VGC 21 Rillaboom

[OVERVIEW]

Rillaboom is a solid offensive pivot in the metagame due to its high Attack, excellent movepool, and amazing ability in Grassy Surge. With its strong Grass-type attacks like Grassy Glide and Wood Hammer, it can easily threaten metagame staples like Kyogre and Groudon. Additionally, it provides teams with a necessary Water-type check and solid support moves in Fake Out, Knock Off, and U-turn. However, it is hindered by its weaknesses to common Pokemon like Incineroar, Calyrex-I, and Thundurus. It is also crippled by Intimidate, which has a dominant presence in the metagame thanks to Landorus-T and Incineroar.

[SET]
name: Utility
move 1: Grassy Glide
move 2: Fake Out
move 3: U-turn
move 4: Wood Hammer / Knock Off / Protect
item: Assault Vest / Miracle Seed
ability: Grassy Surge
nature: Adamant
evs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
In-battle alt: Gmax

[SET COMMENTS]

* The combination of Grassy Glide and Grassy Terrain allows Rillaboom to make quick work of Pokemon like Calyrex-S and Kyogre. When Gigantamaxed, it turns into G-Max Drum Solo, the only consistent way for non-Choice Band Rillaboom to OHKO Kyogre.

* U-turn allows Rillaboom to pivot into a partner Pokemon that's more suited to take advantage of the current situation, oftentimes a healthy restricted Pokemon such as Zacian-C or Dialga.

* Wood Hammer is a harder-hitting STAB move that can be used to hit slower Pokemon such as Porygon2 and Lapras, while Knock Off improves Rillaboom's supportive capabilities and heavily threatens Calyrex-S. Protect can be used to give Rillaboom extra longevity, as it can survive the turn and heal with Grassy Terrain recovery.

* Assault Vest gives Rillaboom more durability when facing special attackers like Calyrex-S and Kyogre, while Miracle Seed grants it access to stronger Grass-type attacks and the freedom to use status moves like Protect.

[SET]
name: Choice Band
move 2: Wood Hammer
move 3: U-turn / Superpower
move 4: Knock Off / High Horsepower
item: Choice Band
nature: Adamant / Jolly
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]:

* Grassy Terrain-boosted Grassy Glide allows Rillaboom to hit faster threats such as Kyogre and Calyrex-S for large amounts of damage thanks to its +1 priority.

* Wood Hammer is deals large amounts of damage to targets that Rillaboom naturally outspeeds, such as Lapras and Tapu Fini. It can also secure crucial OHKOs that Grassy Glide cannot, like Dynamaxed Kyogre and Grimmsnarl. However, it suffers the drawbacks of no priority and recoil damage.

* U-turn allows Rillaboom to act as a hard-hitting pivot, whereas Superpower allows Rillaboom to hit Dialga and Incineroar for super effective damage, at the cost of continuously lowering its damage output.

* Knock Off allows Rillaboom to have both offensive and supportive utility by removing items while still dealing respectable damage to Calyrex-S, Calyrex-I, and Solgaleo. On the other hand, High Horsepower allows Rillaboom to hit Fire- and Steel-types like Incineroar, Zacian-C, and Dialga for super effective damage.

* An Adamant nature with maximum Attack investment and Choice Band makes the most of Rillaboom's offensive potential, most notably making it a much better offensive check to Kyogre and Groudon.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Swords Dance can be used to further boost Rillaboom's offensive capabilities; however, it takes up a moveslot that would otherwise be used for extra coverage. Taunt can also be used on Miracle Seed sets to disrupt Amoonguss and Dusclops, which can stop Trick Room setup or Spore spam, but it is still less useful than other moves like Protect.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[He-who-is-not-to-be-named, 541224]]
- Quality checked by: [[zeefable, 501951], [Raineko, 294287]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Rabia, 336073]]

Last edited by a moderator:
add remove (comment) anything else i want to highlight will be in yellow

[OVERVIEW]

Rillaboom is one of the premier (pretty sure this is like the 2nd or third analysis that has opened with "is the premier adjective", let's try and be a bit more diverse in our writing) offensive pivots in the metagame tier due to its high base Attack stat, large excellent (it really isn't /that/ big, especially for our purposes. BUT, it's very important thanks to Fake Out/Grassy Glide/Knock Off etc) movepool, and amazing ability in Grassy Surge. (Stopping the sentence here) - which, when paired with Grassy Glide, gives Rillaboom a boosted STAB 70 Base Power move, and access to moves like Fake Out and U-Turn. Rillaboom is one of the few Pokemon in the format that can OHKO non-Dynamaxed Kyogre, and it isn’t affected by Rage Powder or Spore, some of Amoonguss’ best status moves. (Grassy Glide thing is a tidbit for the moves section, and the Amoonguss comment is really long winded and overly specific) However, it is hindered by its middling bulk and speed tier , as well as its weaknesses to Flying-, Fire- and Ice- type moves. (Assault Vest Rillaboom is honestly fairly bulky, 85 with a priority move isn't terrible, and I'd like specific examples of what Pokemon threaten rilla instead of just listing some of its more common type weaknesses).

[SET]
move 3: U-Turn
move 4: Wood Hammer / Knock Off Protect

(I fixed the spacing for this and the second set. spacing is really important for when these actually get updated so just keep that in mind)

[SET COMMENTS] - Utility:
  • This set allows Rillaboom to pivot during turns, allowing it to cycle Fake Out while also dealing considerable damage to opposing Pokemon. (This type of set specific overview isn't really needed. List moves 1-4 and their uses, then talk about the items (in this case there are two, so it would be their positives and negatives of using one over the other. EV spread is pretty basic so it doesn't need elaboration.)
  • Once Fake Out is used, Grassy Glide should be the go-to move, unless the opposing Pokemon is weak to one of Rillaboom’s other moves - under Grassy Terrain, Grassy Glide gains priority, allowing Rillaboom to move before many of its opponents and secure a hefty amount of damage. (First, be sure to split this up into two separate points with Grassy Glide first. explain the benefits of Grassy Glide and what prominent Pokemon it hits (kyogre lapras etc). Then make a second point about the usefulness of Fake Out for giving the player more control of the battlefield etc).
  • U-turn allows Rillaboom to pivot between turns while still dealing chip damage into a more suitable partner, increasing Rillaboom’s longevity while further weakening opponents oftentimes a healthy restricted Pokemon such as Zacian-C or Dialga.
  • The final move oftentimes depends on Rillaboom’s item, and its teammates. (Fluff) Protect is useful for situations where the player knows both opposing pokemon are aiming for Rillaboom, but it cannot be selected with Assault Vest. Wood Hammer is a harder-hitting STAB move that works well if Rillaboom is playing without terrain/Grassy Glide is too weak can be used to hit bulkier opponents such as Porygon2 and Calyrex-I, while Knock Off improves Rillaboom’s supportive capabilities utility (it also serves as a way for Rillaboom to hit Calyrex-Shadow harder). and heavily threatens Calyrex-S. (Be sure to move these around, I changed the move order!!)
  • As for natures, Adamant is always best in this case - Rillaboom can do more damage, and speed isn’t as much of a factor here, since its EV spread is optimized for longevity. (Make this comment about Miracle Seed vs Assault Vest and their benefits/weakpoints)

[SET] #2
name: Stronk Monke Choice Band
move 3: Superpower / U-turn
evs: 4HP / 252Atk / 252Spe

[SET COMMENTS] - Stronk Monke:
  • An Adamant nature with maximum Attack investment and Choice Band Maximizes makes the most of Rillaboom's offensive potential, allowing it to seriously cripple(if not OHKO) opponents that don't resist its moves most notably making it a much better offensive check to Kyogre and Groudon. (Item/EV/Nature mentions go at the bottom)
  • Terrain boosted Grassy Glide, when paired with Grassy Surge, gives is Rillaboom's a powerful boosted priority move that is now boosted even further with Choice Band primary attack of choice, allowing to hit faster threats such as Kyogre and Calyrex-S for massive amounts of damage thanks to its +1 priority.
  • Wood Hammer is even more powerful than the aforementioned Grassy Glide, and while it suffers the drawbacks of no priority and recoil damage, it can secure crucial OHKOs that Grassy Glide cannot (such as? mention that Wood Hammer is also more effective for hitting slower targets that you already outspeed naturally).
  • U-turn allows Rillaboom it to fulfill its role act as a hard-hitting pivot, while Superpower allows Rillaboom to hit Glastrier, Urshifu-S, Dialga and Incineroar for super-effective damage, at the cost of continuously lowering its Atk and Def damage output. (Suprpower is mentioned first, so mention Superpower first here).
  • Knock Off allows banded Rillaboom to serve some utility have both offensive and supportive utility by removing crucial items(like Weakness Policies and Eviolites) while still dealing respectable damage to Calyrex-S and Solgaleo, and while High Horsepower allows Rillaboom to hit fire-types and steel types for super-effective damage, making it a more optimal fourth move slot if Rillaboom opts to run U-turn.
  • As for natures, Adamant boosts Rillaboom's already incredible Atk stat even more, which might help in very close matchups, but Jolly is also an option, given that Rillaboom's Atk stat is already boosted by Choice Band

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

It is possible to run Acrobatics or Drum Beating for speed control, but generally Rillaboom is used as a non-Dynamax attacker, and it also has better STAB moves in Wood Hammer in Grassy Glide, so these two moves usually aren't used. (I have never seen either of these used effectively. Mention Swords Dance for increasing its offensive capability and Taunt for a cool support move it can run on Miracle Seed sets)

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]
Your user ID is the string of numbers in the URL of your smogon profile.

Voldy, I'm happy you volunteered to write this analysis and I hope you stick with it and finish it. I know there are quite a lot of revisions to be made, but I promise you by the end you'll have become a more competent writer and player.

To allow you to focus more on this analysis, I am going to put Moltres-G back up for reservation. I will be around to help you in any way you need with the continued writing of this analysis.

Netherious

some call me papa neth
is a Community Leader Alumnus
add remove (comment) anything else i want to highlight will be in yellow

Your user ID is the string of numbers in the URL of your smogon profile.

Voldy, I'm happy you volunteered to write this analysis and I hope you stick with it and finish it. I know there are quite a lot of revisions to be made, but I promise you by the end you'll have become a more competent writer and player.

To allow you to focus more on this analysis, I am going to put Moltres-G back up for reservation. I will be around to help you in any way you need with the continued writing of this analysis.
I'd like to piggyback off this; I'd like to be second QC for this. This is my QC placeholder once changes are implemented.

To also note. for Other Option don't feel like you NEED to have a lot there. We don't need to dig up options that aren't actually options. I think there is potential in Taunt and even Snarl that is worth mentioning, however Rillaboom is pretty linear in its role and outside of these main two sets, there's not much else to mention. Maybe mention the potential niche of Coba Rillaboom? It feels like a stretch no matter what you pick so, you may not need more than SD, Taunt, and Snarl. Write it out and we'll see if it feels necessary.

Appreciate you tackling the monkey!

[OVERVIEW]

Rillaboom is a solid offensive pivot in the metagame due to its high Attack excellent movepool, and amazing ability in Grassy Surge. However, it is hindered by its weaknesses to common pokemon like Incineroar, Ho-oh, Zapdos, Landorus-Therian and Moltres-Galar, which can OHKO or 2HKO Rillaboom without taking much damage. (This needs work. The overview should be about 5-7 sentences. Use the first sentece to hype it up, then talk about its generally good traits, then explain what it struggles vs and why in the last few senteces)

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS] - Utility:

* Grassy Glide should be the go-to move, unless the opposing Pokemon is weak to one of Rillaboom’s other moves. Under Grassy Terrain, Grassy Glide gains priority, allowing Rillaboom to move before most opposing pokemon with a 70 BP Boosted STAB move. This The combination of Grassy Glide and Grassy Terrain allows for Rillaboom to make quick work of makes it well suited to deal with pokemon Pokemon like Lapras Calyrex-S and Kyogre.

* Fake Out allows for more control of the battlefield, as immobilizing a foe for a turn can as the player can essentially choose which pokemon they don’t want to move on their first turn. If played right, this can lead to a quick setup or an easy sweep.

* U-turn allows Rillaboom to pivot into a partner pokemon that’s more suited to take advantage of the current situation, oftentimes a healthy restricted Pokemon such as Zacian-C or Dialga.

* Protect is useful for situations where the player knows both opposing pokemon are aiming for Rillaboom needs to be preserved, but it cannot be selected with Assault Vest (We assume the ready knows this, so we avoid mentioning it). Wood Hammer is a harder-hitting STAB move that can be used to hit bulkier slower opponents such as Porygon2, Lapras, and Calyrex-I, while Knock Off improves Rillaboom’s supportive capabilities and heavily threatens Calyrex-S.

* As for items, Miracle Seed can be used to boost the power of Rillaboom’s Grass-type moves while allowing for the potential usage of status moves like Protect, at the cost of having less Sp.Def(when compared to using Assault Vest). Meanwhile Assault Vest boosts Rillaboom’s Sp.Def, increasing its livability at the cost of forcing it to use attacks only. Miracle Seed grants Rillaboom access to stronger Grass-type attacks and the freedom to use Protect, but Assault Vest gives Rillaboom more durability in the face of special attackers like Calyrex-S and Regieleki.

[SET] #2

[SET COMMENTS] - Choice Band:
* An Adamant nature with maximum Attack investment and Choice Band makes the most of Rillaboom's offensive potential, most notably making it a much better offensive check to Kyogre and Groudon. (Move this to the bottom)

* Grassy Terrain boosted Grassy Glide is Rillaboom's primary attack of choice, allowing to hit faster threats such as Kyogre and Calyrex-S for massive amounts of damage thanks to its +1 priority.

* Wood Hammer is even more powerful than the aforementioned Grassy Glide, and while it suffers the drawbacks of no priority and recoil damage, it can secure crucial OHKOs that Grassy Glide cannot, like Dynamaxed Kyogre and Grimmsnarl or Lapras. It’s also better suited to dealing large amounts of damage to targets that Rillaboom naturally outspeeds, like such as Lapras or and Tapu Fini.

* U-turn allows it to act as a hard-hitting pivot, while Superpower allows Rillaboom to hit Dialga and Incineroar for super-effective damage, at the cost of continuously lowering its damage output.

* Knock Off allows Rillaboom to have both offensive and supportive utility by removing items while still dealing respectable damage to Calyrex-S, Calyrex-I and Solgaleo, while High Horsepower allows Rillaboom to hit fire-types and steel types for super-effective damage, making it a better fourth move if Rillaboom opts to run U-turn.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Swords dance Dance can be used to further boost Rillaboom’s offensive capabilities, however it takes up a moveslot and is only compatile with Miracls Seed. cannot be used with Assault Vest or Choice Band. It’s also possible to run Taunt as a support move, but like Swords Dance, it cannot be used with Assault Vest, and it has minimal benefit on a Choice Band set. Taunt can also be used on Miracle Seed sets to disrupt Amoonguss and Dusclops, but is still less useful than other moves such as Wood Hammer or Protect.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2]]
not QC 1 yet, the first half especially needs some attention still. bug me with any questions you may have.

Be sure to review the spelling and grammar standards. The word "Pokemon" as well as all move names, stats, and "Dynamax" are capitalized.
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/spelling-and-grammar-standards.3656658/

take 3
green text is for additions
red text is for removals
(blue text is for comments and will be in parentheses)
The Series 8 metagame is packed with water types that serve many roles, but all of them have one thing in common - a fear of Rillaboom. (Analyses are not movie trailers) Rillaboom is a solid offensive pivot in the metagame due to its high Attack excellent movepool, and amazing ability in Grassy Surge. With its strong Grass-type attacks such as Grassy Glide or Wood Hammer, it can easily threaten metagame staples like Kyogre and Groudon. Additionally, it provides teams with a necessary resistance to Water and solid support moves in Fake Out, Knock Off, and U-turn. However, it is hindered by its weaknesses to common Pokemon pokemon like Incineroar, Calyrex-I, and Thundurus. It is also crippled by Intimidate, which has an extremely high presence in the current metagame thanks to Landorus-T and Incineroar. Ho-oh, Zapdos, Yveltal, Landorus-Therian, Calyrex-Ice and Moltres-Galar, which can OHKO or 2HKO Rillaboom without taking much damage . Additionally, many pokemon like Lapras or Kyogre usually pack an Ice-type move, allowing them to potentially OHKO Rillaboom before it can do damage. (These sentences basically do the same thing, which is provide a laundry list of examples when only a handful are necessary. Rillaboom's weakness to Intimidate is crucial and cannot be left unstated)

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

- The combination of Grassy Glide and Grassy Terrain allows for Rillaboom to make quick work of Pokemon like Calyrex-S and Kyogre.

- Fake Out allows for more control of the battlefield, as immobilizing a foe for a turn can can lead to a quick setup or an easy sweep. (Decided to cut this because Fake Out falls into the obvious move mention category)

- U-turn allows Rillaboom to pivot into a partner pokemon that’s more suited to take advantage of the current situation, oftentimes a healthy restricted Pokemon such as Zacian-C or Dialga.

- Protect is useful for situations where Rillaboom needs to be preserved. Wood Hammer is a harder-hitting STAB move that can be used to hit slower opponents such as Porygon2, Lapras, and Calyrex-I, while Knock Off improves Rillaboom’s supportive capabilities and heavily threatens Calyrex-S.

- Miracle Seed grants Rillaboom access to stronger Grass-type attacks and the freedom to use status moves like Protect, but Assault Vest gives Rillaboom more durability when facing special attackers like Calyrex-S and Regieleki.

[SET] #2

[SET COMMENTS]:
- An Adamant nature with maximum Attack investment and Choice Band makes the most of Rillaboom's offensive potential, most notably making it a much better offensive check to Kyogre and Groudon. (Move this to the bottom)

- Grassy Terrain boosted Grassy Glide is Rillaboom's primary attack of choice, allowing to hit faster threats such as Kyogre and Calyrex-S for large amounts of damage thanks to its +1 priority.

- Wood Hammer is even more powerful than the aforementioned Grassy Glide, and while it suffers the drawbacks of no priority and recoil damage, it can secure crucial OHKOs that Grassy Glide cannot, like Dynamaxed Kyogre and Grimmsnarl. It’s also better suited to dealing large amounts of damage to targets that Rillaboom naturally outspeeds, such as Lapras and Tapu Fini.

- U-turn allows it to act as a hard-hitting pivot, while Superpower allows Rillaboom to hit Dialga and Incineroar for super-effective damage, at the cost of continuously lowering its damage output.

- Knock Off allows Rillaboom to have both offensive and supportive utility by removing items while still dealing respectable damage to Calyrex-S, Calyrex-I and Solgaleo, while High Horsepower allows Rillaboom to hit fire-types and steel types for super-effective damage, making it a better fourth move if Rillaboom opts to run U-turn.

- An Adamant nature with maximum Attack investment and Choice Band makes the most of Rillaboom's offensive potential, most notably making it a much better offensive check to Kyogre and Groudon. (Move this to the bottom) (you did not move this to the bottom, so i moved it to the bottom)

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Swords Dance can be used to further boost Rillaboom’s offensive capabilities, however it takes up a moveslot and is only compatible with Miracle Seed. Taunt can also be used on Miracle Seed sets to disrupt Amoonguss and Dusclops, but is still less useful than other moves such as Wood Hammer or Protect.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[zeefable, 501951], [username2, userid2]]
Please be quick with implementing this, we really need this up asap. There's nothing extra for you to add. Just remove everything I left in red and add what's in green, the comments are just explanations
zeefable-QC.gif

yuki

Huh? Me? Not this time...
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
ADD REMOVE COMMENTS HIGHLIGHTS

[OVERVIEW]

Rillaboom is a solid offensive pivot in the metagame due to its high Attack, excellent movepool, and amazing ability in Grassy Surge. With its strong Grass-type attacks such as Grassy Glide or Wood Hammer, it can easily threaten metagame staples like Kyogre and Groudon. Additionally, it provides teams with a necessary resistance to Water and solid support moves in Fake Out, Knock Off, and U-turn. However, it is hindered by its weaknesses to common Pokemon like Incineroar, Calyrex-I, and Thundurus. It is also crippled by Intimidate, which has an extremely high presence in the current metagame thanks to Landorus-T and Incineroar.

[SET]
move 3: U-Turn U-turn (Fixed formatting here)

[SET COMMENTS]

- The combination of Grassy Glide and Grassy Terrain allows for Rillaboom to make quick work of Pokemon like Calyrex-S and Kyogre. (A mention of G-Max Drum Solo would be apt here, as it is the only consistent way for non-CB Rillaboom to OHKO non-Dynamaxed Kyogre.)

- U-turn allows Rillaboom to pivot into a partner pokemon that’s more suited to take advantage of the current situation, oftentimes a healthy restricted Pokemon such as Zacian-C or Dialga.

- Wood Hammer is a harder-hitting STAB move that can be used to hit slower opponents such as Porygon2, Lapras, and Calyrex-I (not entirely convinced by this because I don't think this is doing enough damage before being inevitably floored, don't force a third example in here), while Knock Off improves Rillaboom’s supportive capabilities and heavily threatens Calyrex-S.

- Miracle Seed grants Rillaboom access to stronger Grass-type attacks and the freedom to use status moves like Protect, but Assault Vest gives Rillaboom more durability when facing special attackers like Calyrex-S and Regieleki. (Your set mentions Assault Vest as the primary item, so I'd prefer if we spoke about that bit first) (Consider if Regieleki is actually a good example here, because you resist it anyway - unless there is some calc that I'm missing)

[SET] #2 (For future reference, this formatting for sets is super strict. Do not add anything to it because it will not upload to the dex)
evs: 4HP / 252Atk / 252Spe 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe (Absolutely imperative that this is right)

[SET COMMENTS]:

- Grassy Terrain boosted Grassy Glide is Rillaboom's primary attack of choice, allowing it to hit faster threats such as Kyogre and Calyrex-S for large amounts of damage thanks to its +1 priority.

- Wood Hammer is even more powerful than the aforementioned Grassy Glide, and while it suffers the drawbacks of no priority and recoil damage, it can secure crucial OHKOs that Grassy Glide cannot, like Dynamaxed Kyogre and Grimmsnarl. (Structure here should be reworked, talk about its positives as being more powerful and securing the KOs, then add "at the cost of recoil damage and lack of priority.") It’s also better suited to dealing large amounts of damage to targets that Rillaboom naturally outspeeds, such as Lapras and Tapu Fini.

- U-turn allows it to act as a hard-hitting pivot, while whereas Superpower allows Rillaboom to hit Dialga and Incineroar for super-effective damage, at the cost of continuously lowering its damage output.

- Knock Off allows Rillaboom to have both offensive and supportive utility by removing items while still dealing respectable damage to Calyrex-S, Calyrex-I and Solgaleo, while High Horsepower allows Rillaboom to hit Fire-types and Steel-types (Added a hyphen here) for super-effective damage (Examples here are worthwhile), making it a better fourth move if Rillaboom opts to run U-turn. (Kinda don't care for this statement, because lots of the Steel-types that it can hit are actually just neutral to Superpower (Zacian-C, Solgaleo and Necrozma-DM). I think that you could still run HHP with U-turn for this reason.)

- An Adamant nature with maximum Attack investment and Choice Band makes the most of Rillaboom's offensive potential, most notably making it a much better offensive check to Kyogre and Groudon.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Swords Dance can be used to further boost Rillaboom’s offensive capabilities, however it takes up a moveslot and is only compatible with Miracle Seed. that would otherwise be used for extra coverage. Taunt can also be used on Miracle Seed sets to disrupt Amoonguss and Dusclops, but is still less useful than other moves such as Wood Hammer or Protect. (Consider if it is actually less useful right now over those moves, and possibly just explain why. I think there's merit over Protect, say, but not over Wood Hammer because of the damage.)

[CREDITS]

I'll recheck this afterwards, then I'll give QC 2.

yuki

Huh? Me? Not this time...
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
ADD REMOVE COMMENTS HIGHLIGHTS

[OVERVIEW]

Rillaboom is a solid offensive pivot in the metagame due to its high Attack, excellent movepool, and amazing ability in Grassy Surge. With its strong Grass-type attacks, like Grassy Glide or Wood Hammer, it can easily threaten metagame staples like Kyogre and Groudon. Additionally, it provides teams with a necessary Water resist and solid support moves in Fake Out, Knock Off, and U-turn. However, it is hindered by its weaknesses to common Pokemon like Incineroar, Calyrex-I, and Thundurus. It is also crippled by Intimidate, which has an extremely high presence in the current metagame thanks to Landorus-T and Incineroar.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

- The combination of Grassy Glide and Grassy Terrain allows for Rillaboom to make quick work of Pokemon like Calyrex-S and Kyogre. When Giganatamaxed, it turns into G-Max Drum Solo, the only consistent way for non-Choice Band Rillaboom to OHKO Kyogre.

- Wood Hammer is a harder-hitting STAB move that can be used to hit slower opponents such as Porygon2 and Lapras while Knock Off improves Rillaboom’s supportive capabilities and heavily threatens Calyrex-S.

- Assault Vest gives Rillaboom more durability when facing special attackers like Calyrex-S and Kyogre, while Miracle Seed grants Rillaboom access to stronger Grass-type attacks and the freedom to use status moves like Protect.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]:

- Grassy Terrain boosted Grassy Glide is Rillaboom's primary attack of choice, allowing it to hit faster threats such as Kyogre and Calyrex-S for large amounts of damage thanks to its +1 priority.

- Wood Hammer is even more powerful than the aforementioned Grassy Glide, so it’s better suited to dealing large amounts of damage to targets that Rillaboom naturally outspeeds, such as Lapras and Tapu Fini. It can also secure crucial OHKOs that Grassy Glide cannot, like Dynamaxed Kyogre. However, it suffers the drawbacks of no priority and recoil damage, it can secure crucial OHKOs that Grassy Glide cannot, like Dynamaxed Kyogre and Grimmsnarl.

- U-turn allows it to act as a hard-hitting pivot, whereas Superpower allows Rillaboom to hit Dialga and Incineroar for super-effective damage, at the cost of continuously lowering its damage output.

- Knock Off allows Rillaboom to have both offensive and supportive utility by removing items while still dealing respectable damage to Calyrex-S, Calyrex-I and Solgaleo, while High Horsepower allows Rillaboom to hit Fire-types and Steel-types like Zacian-Crowned, Incineroar and Dialga for super effective damage.

- An Adamant nature with maximum Attack investment and Choice Band makes the most of Rillaboom's offensive potential, most notably making it a much better offensive check to Kyogre and Groudon.

(Fixed spacing here)

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Swords Dance can be used to further boost Rillaboom’s offensive capabilities, however it takes up a moveslot that would otherwise be used for extra coverage. Taunt can also be used on Miracle Seed sets to disrupt Amoonguss and Dusclops, which can stop Trick Room setup or Spore spam, but it is still less useful than other moves like Protect. (Might just be a misunderstanding: I think Wood Hammer should be spoken about for its extra damage that you would lose out on. Don't mention Protect pretty much)

(Need you to change the hyphens in the set notes to asterisks, as that's the format for bullets in the dex)

[CREDITS]

QC 2/2

Light Sanctity

The Usurper
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
AM CHECK

Be careful when implementing this, since when you copied this over you accidentally copied the OO and the Credits. I removed it myself. Be sure to make sure all of the ACs, RHs, etc are taken care of when applicable.

RH = Remove Hyphen, RC - Remove comma,

ADD REMOVE COMMENT

[OVERVIEW]

Rillaboom is a solid offensive pivot in the metagame due to its high Attack, excellent movepool, and amazing ability in Grassy Surge. With its strong Grass-type attacks, like Grassy Glide or Wood Hammer, it can easily threaten metagame staples like Kyogre and Groudon. Additionally, it provides teams with a necessary Water resist and solid support moves in Fake Out, Knock Off, and U-turn. However, it is hindered by its weaknesses to common Pokemon like Incineroar, Calyrex-I, and Thundurus. It is also crippled by Intimidate, which has an extremely high presence in the current metagame thanks to Landorus-T and Incineroar.

[SET]
In-battle alt: Gmax Gigantamax

[SET COMMENTS]

* The combination of Grassy Glide and Grassy Terrain allows for Rillaboom to make quick work of Pokemon like Calyrex-S and Kyogre. When Giganatamaxed, it turns into G-Max Drum Solo, the only consistent way for non-Choice Band Rillaboom to OHKO Kyogre.

* U-turn allows Rillaboom to pivot into a partner Pokemon that’s that's more suited to take advantage of the current situation, oftentimes a healthy restricted Pokemon such as Zacian-C or Dialga.

* Wood Hammer is a harder-hitting STAB move that can be used to hit slower opponents Pokemon such as Porygon2 and Lapras, (AC) while Knock Off improves Rillaboom’s Rillaboom's supportive capabilities, (AC) and heavily threatens Calyrex-S.

* Assault Vest gives Rillaboom more durability when facing special attackers like Calyrex-S and Kyogre, while Miracle Seed grants Rillaboom access to stronger Grass-type attacks, (AC) and the freedom to use status moves like Protect.

[SET]
In-battle alt: Gmax Gigantamax

[SET COMMENTS]:

* Grassy Terrain boosted Grassy Glide is Rillaboom's primary attack of choice, allowing it to hit faster threats such as Kyogre and Calyrex-S for large amounts of damage thanks to its +1 priority.

* Wood Hammer is even more powerful than the aforementioned Grassy Glide, so it’s it's better suited to dealing large amounts of damage to targets that Rillaboom naturally outspeeds, such as Lapras and Tapu Fini. It can also secure crucial OHKOs that Grassy Glide cannot, like Dynamaxed Kyogre and Grimmsnarl. However, it suffers the drawbacks of no priority and recoil damage. (AP) it can secure crucial OHKOs that Grassy Glide cannot, like Dynamaxed Kyogre and Grimmsnarl. (If this is incorrect please shift it back to the way it was)

* U-turn allows it to act as a hard-hitting pivot, whereas Superpower allows Rillaboom to hit Dialga and Incineroar for super-effective super effective (RH) damage, at the cost of continuously lowering its damage output.

* Knock Off allows Rillaboom to have both offensive and supportive utility by removing items while still dealing respectable damage to Calyrex-S, Calyrex-I, (AC) and Solgaleo, while High Horsepower allows Rillaboom to hit Fire-types and Steel-types like Zacian-Crowned, Incineroar, (AC) and Dialga for super effective damage.

* An Adamant nature with maximum Attack investment and Choice Band makes the most of Rillaboom's offensive potential, most notably making it a much better offensive check to Kyogre and Groudon.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Swords Dance can be used to further boost Rillaboom’s Rillaboom's offensive capabilities, however, (AC) it takes up a moveslot that would otherwise be used for extra coverage. Taunt can also be used on Miracle Seed sets to disrupt Amoonguss and Dusclops, which can stop Trick Room setup or Spore spam, but it is still less useful than other moves like Protect.

[CREDITS]

Last edited:

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
add remove comments
[OVERVIEW]

Rillaboom is a solid offensive pivot in the metagame due to its high Attack, excellent movepool, and amazing ability in Grassy Surge. With its strong Grass-type attacks (RC) like Grassy Glide or and Wood Hammer, it can easily threaten metagame staples like Kyogre and Groudon. Additionally, it provides teams with a necessary Water resist Water-type check and solid support moves in Fake Out, Knock Off, and U-turn. However, it is hindered by its weaknesses to common Pokemon like Incineroar, Calyrex-I, and Thundurus. It is also crippled by Intimidate, which has a dominant presence in the current(referring to specific metagame states is typically taboo. I could see VGC getting away with it even still because y'all have more distinct metagames than Smogon tiers, but removing this word doesn't really edit the sentence's meaning at all, so) metagame thanks to Landorus-T and Incineroar.

[SET]
In-battle alt: Gigantamax Gmax

[SET COMMENTS]

* The combination of Grassy Glide and Grassy Terrain allows for Rillaboom to make quick work of Pokemon like Calyrex-S and Kyogre. When Gigantamaxed, it turns into G-Max Drum Solo, the only consistent way for non-Choice Band Rillaboom to OHKO Kyogre.

* U-turn allows Rillaboom to pivot into a partner Pokemon that's more suited to take advantage of the current situation, oftentimes a healthy restricted Pokemon such as Zacian-C or Dialga.

* Wood Hammer is a harder-hitting STAB move that can be used to hit slower Pokemon such as Porygon2 and Lapras, while Knock Off improves Rillaboom's supportive capabilities and heavily threatens Calyrex-S.(this feels like a time where I'd list what an "obvious" move does if only because it's slashed behind two other moves and very clearly has some distinct negatives)

* Assault Vest gives Rillaboom more durability when facing special attackers like Calyrex-S and Kyogre, while Miracle Seed grants Rillaboom it access to stronger Grass-type attacks (RC) and the freedom to use status moves like Protect.

[SET]
In-battle alt: Gigantamax Gmax

[SET COMMENTS]:

* Grassy Terrain-boosted(AH) Grassy Glide is Rillaboom's primary attack of choice, allowing it allows Rillaboom to hit faster threats such as Kyogre and Calyrex-S for large amounts of damage thanks to its +1 priority.

* Wood Hammer is even more powerful than the aforementioned Grassy Glide, so it's better suited to dealing deals large amounts of damage to targets that Rillaboom naturally outspeeds, such as Lapras and Tapu Fini. It can also secure crucial OHKOs that Grassy Glide cannot, like Dynamaxed Kyogre and Grimmsnarl. However, it suffers the drawbacks of no priority and recoil damage.

* U-turn allows it Rillaboom to act as a hard-hitting pivot, whereas Superpower allows Rillaboom to hit Dialga and Incineroar for super effective damage, at the cost of continuously lowering its damage output.(why is Superpower listed after U-turn and in a much more negative note when it's slashed in front of U-turn? seems to me that U-turn should be front slashed instead)

* Knock Off allows Rillaboom to have both offensive and supportive utility by removing items while still dealing respectable damage to Calyrex-S, Calyrex-I, and Solgaleo. On the other hand, High Horsepower allows Rillaboom to hit Fire- and Steel-types like Zacian-C, Incineroar, Zacian-C,(AC) and Dialga for super effective damage.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Swords Dance can be used to further boost Rillaboom's offensive capabilities; however, it takes up a moveslot that would otherwise be used for extra coverage. Taunt can also be used on Miracle Seed sets to disrupt Amoonguss and Dusclops, which can stop Trick Room setup or Spore spam, but it is still less useful than other moves like Protect.

[CREDITS]

gp 1/1 when done

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)