ORAS OU RIP Meme Team (Peak #1 at 2008)

scizor-mega.gif
terrakion.gif
latios.gif
zapdos.gif
seismitoad.gif
weavile.gif

So ABR stall was becoming popular, Volcanion just came out, and banded Tyranitar is becoming popular. I like Tyrantrum more than any of those. I decided to build a team around Tyrantrum. It looks cool. I also got #1 with it. Also Zarel deleted Meme Team (plz don't ban me for leaking).

scizor-mega.gif

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Scizor is a really good mega right now since it checks fairies, latis (without hp fire) and passive mons while providing momentum with u-turn and being a backup win-con. The mons which Scizor usually baits out (Heatran, Rotom, Volcanion, Zapdos, Skarmory, etc.) tend to invite in Tyrantrum so it can get a free kill. Mixed defense Scizor is stupidly bulky, avoiding the 2hko from attacks like Gengar's shadow ball and Lopunny's HJK while also being one of the best weavile counters in the game. Latios can be dangerous to this team since if it has HP Fire it KO's everything but Weavile can trap and kill it. this is the teams only dragon and fairy resist so be careful about lures.

terrakion.gif

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Rock Slide
- Quick Attack

Terrakion is overall more consistent than Tyrantrum since it has a powerful 100% accurate stab in CC and complementary rock stab while having a better speed tier. It 2hkos many bulky things including hippo, skarm, clef, and amoonguss. Quick attack is pretty clutch and can help vs offense. Rock slide is 3rd move since there are not very many coverage options and having something accurate with a chance to flinch is nice.

Tyrantrum @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Superpower

Tyrantrum is one of the wall/stall/balance breakers (being that its one counter is mainly mega aggron). Baned Tyrantrum can 2HKO many standard walls in balance such as Skarmory (252 Atk Choice Band Tyrantrum Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 198-234 (59.2 - 70%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery) and after skarmory, tank chomp set does not like switching into this monster. This pokemon tears apart common stall teams used on ladder which is very useful at the moment since the ladder is now filled with stall cancer because of the hoopa suspect. It hits hard.

latios.gif

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

Latios is a good glue mon in OU, checking Keldeo, electrics, Volcanion, Charizard-Y, and other water mons such as Manaphy, Rotom-W while providing a average speed tier, hazard removal and longevity throughout the match. Even though there are a lot of pursuit trappers in the meta it can still do its job by checking and switching in to everything we said above, get a defog off and remove hazards and get decent amount of damage off to the other team.

zapdos.gif

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Heat Wave
- Toxic
- Roost

This pokemon is an excellent lopunny wall with static now being avaliable and can paralyze it because Lopunny is somewhat of a big threat to this team because nothing wants to really switch in to it and Zapdos can cripple it very well. Toxic is for breaking other walls for Zapdos and also for wearing down other threats to the team more efficiently. It is specially useful on Zapdos since it lures ground types to put them in range of Tyrantrum. Volt switch is just for STAB and for volt-turn momentum which can be helpful for sending in tyrantrum or weavile safely. Heat wave is for scizors and ferros which are a little annoying for this team to deal with. Torn-T is also rising in popularity, and Zapdos hard walls it.

seismitoad.gif

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 84 SpD / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb

Seismitoad is an odd choice for a rocker in OU, but it has a good role on this team. It is able to block pretty much all volt switchers, including Rotom-W without being too annoyed, while acting as a deterrent for opposing offensive teams to spam water moves. Max special attack makes it slightly uncomfortable for offense to switch into Seismitoad, and can get some surprise kills (Heatrans which try to stay in, low health Tangrowth, etc.). Sludge bomb is mainly used to punish Serperior switch ins (Serperior can wear my team down) while getting poisons on water resists like Rotom-W so that the rest of my team can put in work. The EV spread allows it to live 1 non-specs hp grass from Volcanion (offensive Seismitoad has its advantages and I need too much bulk to live a specs hp grass).

weavile.gif

Weavile @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

Banded weavile has now come to popularity thanks to ABR and is an amazing balance/stall breaker and does not have many switch-ins. Defiensive Skarmory is a somewhat of an answer to this pokemon but its doing a whooping 252 Atk Choice Band Weavile Icicle Crash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 112-133 (33.5 - 39.8%) -- 30.4% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery and the chance to flinch is also nice, so this isnt the best answer to it which is amazing for the team. This pokemon also does a large portion to any azu set ( AV Set 252 Atk Choice Band Weavile Icicle Crash vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 118-140 (29.4 - 34.9%) -- 12.4% chance to 3HKO) . Weavile can also weaken Keldeo, Manaphy, Ferrothorn, Clefable and Rotom-W for M-Scizor and Tyrantrum to sweep late game. Banded weavile also pursuit traps Latios (the team has no switchins to hp fire Latios) and other psychic types.
Screenshot from 2016-05-10 17:31:03.png

diancie-mega.gif
magnezone.gif

This core is dangerous because my only real switchin to Diancie is Scizor

medicham-mega.gif

This mon is straight up broken. Luckily Zapdos takes it ok and has a chance to para.

bisharp.gif

Zapdos and Scizor can take a +2 sucker punch, but it is still threatening to the rest of my team. If the matchup vs Bisharp is uncomfortable, you can change Tyrantrum to banded Terrakion.

charizard-megax.gif

If it gets up a DD and its not paralyzed or in range of priority, its over.

ADF Test for giving me his alt and helping me write the descriptions

MegaStarUniverse for helping me write the descriptions

Hiye for giving up mons to play haxball

qwazz for thinking every team i make is bad

blarghlfarghl for having a weird name

ez for being the gift that keeps on giving

imsosorrylol for being so sorry lol

flamz for linking other tyrantrum team

Darkreaper for testing and other stuff

Rampecker for helping use the team

Attachments

Last edited:
I really love this team! =]
A few things you may want to consider:
1.) Sp.def Seismitoad with Gunk Shot > Sludge Bomb and Earthquake > Earth Power - I know you mentioned that offensive has its advantages over bulky, but as you also mentioned, the team is weak to Mega Diancie. Even if Diancie teams don't run Mag, most Diancies will get a KO almost every time they come in due to the majority of them carrying HP fire. Sp.def Seismitoad can take 2 Moon Blasts and eat HP Fires all day while resisting D-Storm and it can threaten it back. I know Gunk Shot has a 20% chance to miss, but the power output may be well worth it as it hits Serp harder than a Modest Sludge Bomb even when unboosted. Also, unboosted EQ hits almost as hard as invested Earth Power due to the higher bp and Toad's slightly higher Attack stat. A Sp.Def variant will also allow you to check Volcanion better as Specs is an issue for the team due to the high burn chance on Steam Eruption which plagues Lati switch ins.
2.) Banded Terrak > Banded Tyrantrum - I know you mentioned that you can use Band Terrak to mitigate a Bisharp weakness, and this is true. It also is just generally more useful in most match ups, and it can really save you vs. Zard X because: +1 252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Dragon Claw vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Terrakion: 277-327 (85.7 - 101.2%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
Terrak has a good chance to live +1 Dragon Claw and a decent chance after rocks. You can even slap Quick Attack on there for a bit of extra priority to help revenge boosted or even scarfed threats since this team lacks a bit of speed control.

- Anyway, I really like the team as Tyrantrum is one of my favorite gen 6 Pokemon! Exploiting its potential to hit #1 on the ladder is truly something to be proud of! Hope I was helpful =]

Genesis7

is a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
Hey DANN3! First of all, nice team, and congrats on the peak. You've obviously done well to hit #1, but I honestly feel that this team can be elevated far past where it's at now. These changes are going to be quite drastic, but bear with me.

You say you're weak to a Mega-Diancie + Magnezone core, which is understandable. I feel that adding Chansey over Zapdos may be beneficial as it allows you to check diancie and hard wall magnezone, effectively shutting down that core.

Unfortunately, with chansey over zapdos you will have a much greater Bisharp weakness than initially stated. I reccomend adding keldeo over seismitoad and defensive Mega-Venusaur over Mega-Scizor. This combo will completely shut down Bisharp and will give you a great defensive core.

Of course this change now leaves you without a rocker, so I would add Air Balloon Heatran with a toxic/taunt stallbreaker set to both add a rocker and give you a way to handle Zard-X, removing Latios for this mon. This removes yourhazard removal, but with the omission of Zapdos, it doesn't reallymatter - a better gameplan would be to just stack spikes instead of defogging your opponent's hazards, so adding a Specially defensive spikes Skarmory should patch up a few holes (giving you a reliable Lati answer and helping with Diancie) while advancing your win condition. You can put Skarmory over Tyrantrum, since it has questionable synergy with the team after these changes have been made.That mon is like poor anyways. Finally add Bisharp over weavile so you aren't as rocks and your new team is complete! Capische?

Changes in short:
---->

---->

---->

---->

---->

---->

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave
- Aromatherapy

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind

Bisharp @ Leftovers
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Attachments

Love your team a lot, don't have any changes except that you should add Serperior to the threat list - if Weavile is gone or it has a sub up it's kind of over.

This is a very good team, it's innovative and full of surprises. I like the addition of Choice Band Weavile; with it's fantastic typing in ice and dark it hardly has any switch-ins. In all honesty I believe this team is well built, so well done :)

PS: ignore qwazz (jk), if you build solid teams like the one above, I'm sure you team building skills must be off the charts ^^

Subjugator

Banned deucer.
So today I went under an alt to start laddering low-ladder to rebuild my confidence and what not. So I click on the "Battle!" button and I see that the Grand Influence of Our Lord & Savior DANN3 has reached all parts of our world, and here we have some lowlife skrub who stole your team.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-372603487

Why did I post this? Well, one, I feel happy that I beat the #1 of the world, but on a serious note, this implies how influental you and your teams are. Keep up the good work fren

Last edited:
1.) Sp.def Seismitoad with Gunk Shot > Sludge Bomb and Earthquake > Earth Power - I know you mentioned that offensive has its advantages over bulky, but as you also mentioned, the team is weak to Mega Diancie. Even if Diancie teams don't run Mag, most Diancies will get a KO almost every time they come in due to the majority of them carrying HP fire. Sp.def Seismitoad can take 2 Moon Blasts and eat HP Fires all day while resisting D-Storm and it can threaten it back. I know Gunk Shot has a 20% chance to miss, but the power output may be well worth it as it hits Serp harder than a Modest Sludge Bomb even when unboosted. Also, unboosted EQ hits almost as hard as invested Earth Power due to the higher bp and Toad's slightly higher Attack stat. A Sp.Def variant will also allow you to check Volcanion better as Specs is an issue for the team due to the high burn chance on Steam Eruption which plagues Lati switch ins.
2.) Banded Terrak > Banded Tyrantrum - I know you mentioned that you can use Band Terrak to mitigate a Bisharp weakness, and this is true. It also is just generally more useful in most match ups, and it can really save you vs. Zard X because: +1 252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Dragon Claw vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Terrakion: 277-327 (85.7 - 101.2%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
Terrak has a good chance to live +1 Dragon Claw and a decent chance after rocks. You can even slap Quick Attack on there for a bit of extra priority to help revenge boosted or even scarfed threats since this team lacks a bit of speed control.

- Anyway, I really like the team as Tyrantrum is one of my favorite gen 6 Pokemon! Exploiting its potential to hit #1 on the ladder is truly something to be proud of! Hope I was helpful =]

I've tried out the team with both these changes. Terrakion is more consistent with Close Combat, a STAB that doesnt miss and has really good coverage and base power, so I feel it is more worth it (along with its speed tier and ability to check Bisharp), even though Tyrantrum is more fun. A spdef Seismitoad increases the longevity of this team and pressures clef a little more if it happens to be flamethrower (also helps vs diancie), so thats a nice change. However, rotom and talonflame are slightly more annoying as seismitoad can't deal with them as effectively without being weakened. I could try something funky with refresh but not worth it imo.

ummm seismitoad can't learn gunk shot ._.

you mean poison jab maybe...?

is this spread ok?

252 HP / 244 SpD / 12 Spe ?

Last edited:
Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 116 HP / 140 Atk / 252 SpD
Brave Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab
- Scald

yea it cant learn gunk shot but poison jab is good enough since clef is softboilding a lot and you can fish for crits (spread isnt 2hkod by diancie)

So i laddered to top again but with terrakion > tyrantrum and terrakion is way more consistent

i also updated replays and importable

Hi,

The team is really fun to use.

Do you have some advices to deal with MSableye ? (cause Latios can not kill him)

Hey DANN3, I really like your team and I guess that the Latios>Tyrantrum fix was needed because Char-Y was too problematic and your only way to deal with him was predicting around Solar Beam and Fire Blast. Anyway, I would suggest you to use a Colbur Berry instead of Life Orb on Latios to try to avoid the Pursuit/Crunch game when you face a ScarfTar as revengekiller (which is very common on Char-Y's teams).
Also, Lugubros: I think CBKion, CBWeavile and Max SAtk Seismitoad are enough to deal with MSab.

PS: Congrats for the peak!

I've won 7/7 games so far with the team, but I'm finding the lack of grass moves gives you a hard time dealing with Rotom-W and Quagsire. You may want to add those to your threat list. Also not having a fairy move is a bit odd, but it's just forcing me to play better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)