Rip Van Winkling back into Smogonville

Howdy all, it's been a while - 10 years apparently, Jesus Christ. What'd I miss? Any old timers from the bygone decade still hanging out around these parts?

Some chat ops over at PO told me Smogon was dead, but looking at the active user count I'd say that sounds like a dirty lie. Long live the king &c.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
how'd you even know about PO if you've been gone for 10 years lol

that would skip even the shoddy days

you should have gone straight from netbattle to showdown

how'd you even know about PO if you've been gone for 10 years lol

that would skip even the shoddy days

you should have gone straight from netbattle to showdown
I meant 10 years gone from smogon. I briefly back got into metagaming around, idk, 5 or 6ish years ago? It was early B/W which was kind of awful, OU tier was a mess. At the time iirc netbattle was gone, showdown worked briefly then went to shit, and pokemon online was the only functional game in town, so that's what I worked with and that's the first thing I googled last night on a whim.

Is there anywhere left on the internet where people still RS or DP metagame, or do I have to learn this newfangled chromosomal nonsense?

I meant 10 years gone from smogon. I briefly back got into metagaming around, idk, 5 or 6ish years ago? It was early B/W which was kind of awful, OU tier was a mess. At the time iirc netbattle was gone, showdown worked briefly then went to shit, and pokemon online was the only functional game in town, so that's what I worked with and that's the first thing I googled last night on a whim.

Is there anywhere left on the internet where people still RS or DP metagame, or do I have to learn this newfangled chromosomal nonsense?
The Smogon Tournaments server, although all official Smogon tournaments are played there, many users can usually find battles from most of the past metagames, especially with OU gens from past generations. You will need to ask a user like Oglemi or M Dragon (basically anybody that is a &Leader or ~Admin) for Voice status if you want to ask for battles from other users on the server, though.

The link to that server can be found here

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)