RM: Mono-Ground Team

I battle in a mono-type league on another forum. There are a few rules I have to abide to though:
  • At least 4 of my Pokemon must be part Ground (They don't require Ground moves)
  • I can have up to two alt's of any types. They MUST have at least one ground type move
  • No Ubers (Includes Chomp)
Not too strict, but it's very hard trying to cover a weaknesses with 4 Pokemon the same type.

Hippowdon/Impish/Leftovers

HP 252 Attack 16 Defence 152 Sp.Def 88
- Thunder Fang
- Earthquake
-Slack off
-Stealth Rock
Gets the Sand storm going and blocks a few sweepers like Tyranitar. Also Sets up SR and is my only Gyrados counter.​

Heatran/Modest/Choice Specs

Sp.Att: 252 Speed: 252 HP: 4
- Dragon Pulse
- Overheat
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
He's my only pure Special attacker and is quite a beast when passed Gliscors Rock Polish. I was thinking about scarfing him :/​

Dugtrio/Jolly/Choice Band

Attack: 252 Speed: 252 Hp: 4
-Sucker Punch
-Earthquake
-Aerial Ace
-Stone Edge
Revenge killer. Fast, Simple, Effective. Shame he can't switch into anything though.​

Swampert/Relaxed/Leftovers

HP 240 Defence 216 SP.Att 52
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Earthquake
- Roar
Could he be any more standard? He's one of the key Pokemon in my team and gets me a lot of wins. Gotta love the Water/Ground combo :D​

Gliscor/Impish/Leftovers

Defence: 252 HP: 252 Attack: 4
- Taunt
- Rock Polish
- Batton Pass
- Roost
I was going to go for the wall set but Hippowdon and Swampert have most of that covered so BP seemed a good option.​

Cradily

HP 252 Def 160 Sp.Def 96
- Toxic
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Recover
A nifty little special wall. Most people I battle don't expect it to sponge hits like it does.​

So, that's my team and as you can see they share a lot of weaknesses. It's also very Gyarados weak which is a major problem. Any critisisms, advice, alternate sets will be greatly apprietiated ^^

Just stating that ur Cradily is Rock/Grass whilst having no ground-move. Or does ur sentence mean that ur using EQ?

:o I didn't realise it was violating that rule *embarrased*

Ah well, I've fixed it :/ I may just get rid of Rockslide since the surprise factor of Mirror coat is probibly more effective. Skarmory/Bronzong (not that Rockslide would do anything anyway) resists it but at least I can hit most Steels with EQ.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)