RMT #2

This is my second RMT. I plan on using this in Shoddy.

At a glance:

Gengar @ Wide Lens
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 108 HP/150 SpA/252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hypnosis
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Standard lead. I've always liked double status. Wide Lens is for accuracy as half of it's moves are hit or miss.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 148 HP/252 Def/104 SpA/4 Spd
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave
- Seismic Toss
- Softboiled

Standard special wall.

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Trait: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP/100 Atk/152 Def/4 Spd
Impish Nature
- Drill Peck
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind

Physical wall. I prefer Drill Peck over Brave Bird, but if someone gives me a good reason to use Brave Bird, I'll most likely make the change.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 172 HP/ 120 SpA / 216 Spd
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Surf

Rapid Spinner and Gyarados counter.

Salamence @ Life Orb
Trait: Intimadate
EVs: 120 Atk/252 SpA/136 Spd
Rash Nature
- Brick Break
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Roost

Yet another standard set. I use it as more of a late-game sweeper.

Machamp @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/6 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Cross Chop
- Ice Punch
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Tyranitar counter as well as status absorber. Also likes to abuse Rest with Guts.

Problems: I'll edit this later after testing.

The biggest problem here is your team gets destroyed by Infernape, Tyranitar and Gyarados. You also have problems with SubMind Jirachi and the like also.

First off get rid of Donphan for Starmie. Use the Standard Rapid Spinning set with Thunderbolt which helps you ALOT against Infernape and Gyarados.

Stealth Rock on Skarmory since you have to replace Donphan. You already don't have Leftovers so I would take out alot of those Atk Evs.

Status Absorbers are really common now anyways and you have Gengar. I would change your Blissey to either a CMset or a Wish passer. Standard Blissey just doesn't really cut it anymore.

Replace Heracross on this team. Use Machamp or something so you can beat Tyranitar.

I'll go ahead an use Starmie. I was using it earlier, but I thought Donphan would cover some of my other weaknesses.

Spikes will be replaced with Stealth Rock on Skarmory and I might go with Wish on Blissey.

I don't understand why I would replace Hera though.

You should replace Heracross because otherwise Tyranitar 1-2HKOs everything on your team. Machamp could make a good Tyranita counter and also absorbs sleep.

I was under the impression that Hera made a good TTar counter. But Machamp sounds good. I suppose you mean the Rest-Talk set?

I would use Cross Chop over Dynamic Punch and run guts to abuse sleep. Cross Chop has 85% acc which is very good and hits just as hard. With STAB and Guts it is doing its Cross Chop as 2.25x more power.

I'm going to go ahead an use that set. I like the idea.

Also, I was told to replace Dragon Claw with Roost on Salamence. Which should I use?

Roost, Brick break is needed for Blissey and everything else should be handled with his special attacks

I dunno, Mamoswine runs all over this. Skarm is your best counter, but Blizzard will 2HKO. SkarmBliss doesn't work anymore, with Lucario, Infernape, Salamence and Mamoswine running around. I suggest replacing Skarm with something better, such as Zapdos or Gliscor, and then get a good Mamoswine counter to patch that extra Ice weakness up.

How about Zong > Skarm? I might as well keep SR. I would lose my phazer though and Gyarados has been known to sweep me even after one DD.

If Gyarados can sweep you after a DD, you need a better counter. Skarm can't whirlwind out gyarados anyways thanks to Taunt.

Well, all I can come up with is Charge Beam Cress and HP Electric Bronzong. I could actually use both over Bliss and Skarm and make Cresselia more of a Special wall.

Sets:

Cresselia @ Leftovers
EVs: 96 HP/ 252 SAtk/ 160 Spd
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Moonlight
- Charge Beam

Different Special Wall for two reasons. One, I'm tired of using Bliss and two, Charge Beam adds extra coverage against Gyara which gives this team problems. The Calm Mind set looked interesting, so I decided to use it unless someone thinks I should just stay with the original set.

and/or

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/ 90 Atk/ 8 Def/ 64 SAtk/ 96 SDef
Relaxed Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- HP Electric
- Reflect

Another Gyarados counter w/ HP Electric and Reflect to shut it down. EV spread looks weird though and it would help if I could get it fixed up. It has enough Special Attack to 2HKO Gyara though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)