XY Ubers RMT Dual Screen HO - Set up and kill

This is my second completed Ubers team and I've played with it only a few times. With ORAS not too far away, I decided to RMT this since the current meta is soon ending and I don't ladder in the Ubers tier anymore - but rather am learning different tiers. Also, a Mega Gengar ban looks imminent. The team, as suggested by the title revolves around setting up your sweepers behind screens and going onto win, or damage your opponent's team so bad it's very close to game over. I found this playstyle to be very successful in the few games I've played with it, as it makes it hard for the opponent to play around since behind screens offensive pressure is negated, allowing you to set up. Their only options are phazing out or crippling, but send your mon in at the right time and your opponent is really put into a corner.

Screen + Hazard Setter

Deoxys-Speed @ Light Clay
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Reflect
- Light Screen

For the MVP of the playstyle itself, I chose the most reliable mon to do the job. Outspeeding the entire tier bar a set up Geoxern and Scarf Skymin, neither which carry Taunt anyway, Deo-S very reliably gets its job done. Prankster Thundurus with Taunt is a threat however, but you switch here to something that deals with it easily and thanks to Thundurus being really frail it struggles to dent much in this team. The EVs allow it to survive a Crunch from T-tar after accounting for Sandstorm damage and were optimal since it has no attacking moves anyway. Max speed is obvious. Stealth Rock grants many KOs that HO needs and obviously very helpful as it punishes switches - something that HO forces many of. Taunt is to prevent hazard removal and Reflect and Light Screen for the screens. Light Clay for 8 turns of screens instead of 5.

Set up sweeper #1

Arceus @ Life Orb
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- ExtremeSpeed
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Shadow Claw

For my first set up sweeper I chose Ekiller, one of the most reliable mons to dent holes in teams or clean late game. Behind screens, along with its natural 120/120/120 bulk it can get to +4 easily and sweep or open up an easy win condition for others to come in and clean up. Earthquake hits Mega Lucario, Blaziken, Dialga, Zekrom and the uncommon Aegislash so it can't play no King Shield games. With Life Orb, Earthquake picks up the OHKO on Lucario, Blaziken and Gengar with Shadow Claw, which it wouldn't with Silk Scarf or Lum Berry. Jolly nature to outspeed Gengar on the switch in and to at least speed tie with other Arcs trying to catch it with Will-O-Wisp. It is also my Xern check, because everything else on the team hits Xern hard enough for this to revenge kill it easily thanks to strong Life Orb, STAB Extremespeed priority.

Set up Sweeper #2

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 56 HP / 32 Def / 252 SpA / 168 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Geomancy
- Thunder
- Substitute

For the second set up sweeper I chose the most deadly mon in the entire meta - Xerneas. Behind screens, its common checks such as Scizor, Aegislash, Poisonceus fail to pick up the KO in it before dying themselves, making this stupidly good. As for other checks such as Klefki, Substitute is there to deal with it. Blissey trying to Toxic stall is just set up bait, as it takes two Seismic tosses to break the sub with the HP EVs I gave it, and you can just set up more Geos behind the sub which means Blissey can't tank Moonblasts anymore. Aegi is a 50/50 even behind screens however, but you do have an advantage since Gyro won't get the kill, giving you room for error. The 32 Def EVs is so Genesect can't get the +1 Atk so it fails the OHKO, 168 Speed makes it outspeed Adamant Excadrill in Sand. 56 HP brings it to 415HP, any below 400 means only one Seismic Toss can break the sub. Thunder deals with SpDef Kyogre and Lugia after rocks, though the accuracy is pitiful. Xerneas is best played behind Reflect so strong physical attackers can't break the sub, and after Geo its Spdef is at +2 anyway. If Klefki is on the field, send it in when the sub is easy to keep intact.

Stallbreaker + Check Remover

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond

For my next mon I brought in Mega Gengar for the amazing utility it provides. Thanks to STAG, it can support other mons by removing their checks and opening up a sweep. Also immensely useful for stall as it can take out the mons giving me trouble so others can come in and finish off. Sludge Wave is its strongest STAB and so naturally was chosen, it also deals with fairies meaning Yveltal can come in and wreck. HP Fire is for Scizor and Klefki - both mons that can check Xerneas. It also 2HKOS Ferro which is useful since the Xern set I'm using struggles with it, as does Ekiller and Zekrom. Taunt is to deal with stall and to give the opponent no options but to die with Gengar with Destiny Bond. It's also an Ekiller check, though of course a very shaky one (50/50).

Late game cleaner

Zekrom @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Outrage
- Draco Meteor
- Sleep Talk

I realised I was weak to the most common Scarfer in the meta - Kyogre, so I got in Zekrom. Zekrom can switch in on Kyogre and threaten the OHKO with Bolt Strike, meaning I regain offensive pressure. Zekrom puts in huge work against teams unprepared for it, and for teams that do, once removing the Fairy and Ground core, Zekrom can clean up the game easily. Removing the fairy and ground core isn't too difficult with the likes of E-killer and Mega Gengar. And Landorus is a bad Ekiller check IMO, as it can't do much back other than Intimidate. You can easily do the hit and run tactic, and weaken it til it's just death fodder or dies to an Espeed. With rocks up this becomes even easier. Naive nature was chosen since most Scarfed Ogres run Modest, meaning Zek can outspeed. If not, then at least speed tie. Zekrom is also a back up Ekiller check, as it can tank a +2 Life Orb Extremespeed and hit back and get the KO. Again, this is guaranteed since everything else on the team hits it hard enough to ensure this and provides enough offensive pressure to not let it set up to +4. Deo-S can Taunt. Bolt Strike and Outrage are obvious choices, while Draco Meteor is there to hit physically defensive tanks such as Lando and Groudon for good damage. Sleep Talk is for Darkrai and was chosen over Volt Switch/Dragon Claw since I never found myself having to use these moves.

Support Mon

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 100 Atk / 240 SpA / 168 Spe
Rash Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt

Yveltal is probably the least synergetic mon in this team. I couldn't really think of a last mon that added too much, so I chose Yveltal since on its own its deadly anyway. It mainly comes in to scout how my opponent plays or regain momentum because it has so much offensive pressure. The moves are the standard attacking Life Orb set, with Taunt to help deal with stall and stop things like Ghostceus setting up. Taunt also goes well with Sucker Punch. Taunt also goes very well with Oblivion Wing so stall can't wear you down, allowing Yveltal to just keep hitting while preventing recovery for opposing mons. Though it has the least synergy I'd say it's still a good member of the team, and has actually been the MVP quite a few times. Reliable counter to Ghostceus too, and can absorb Will-O-Wisps aimed at Ekiller since all other mons on the team wouldn't like a burn. Oblivion Wing helps negate chip damage from burns. The 100 Atk EVs guarantees to break a Xern's sub since a SubGeoXern likes to set up on Yveltal. It runs the same speed as Xern which allows it to outspeed Ho-oh and Lando-T reliably, and of course Exca not in Sand, not to mention it makes that strong priority even stronger.

CALCS

Zekrom switching in on Scarf Ogre

252+ SpA Kyogre Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Zekrom in Rain: 250-294 (73.3 - 86.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Kyogre Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Zekrom: 268-316 (78.5 - 92.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

If rocks manage to get up which usually isn't the case since HO punishes non-damaging/crippling turns, you can lose out to (very) high rolls. If this happens, complain about hax, call your opponent bad and forfeit.

Zekrom tanking Ekiller

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Arceus Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Zekrom: 274-325 (80.3 - 95.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Again prone to rocks, sadly. You'd have to hope for a low roll here.

Every other mon can be used as back up checks anyway, since they can tank a +2 Espeed and Gengar is immune to it.

Guaranteeing breaking Xern's sub

100 Atk Life Orb Dark Aura Yveltal Sucker Punch vs. 108 HP / 32 Def Xerneas: 104-122 (24.7 - 29%) -- 99.9% chance to 4HKO -- This calc was important since Yveltal is the only thing SubGeoXern was able to get behind a sub on, so I invested in Attack.

Thanks for reading, interested in any optimizations I may not have seen yet. Suggestions more than welcome.

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
bro this is your 3rd RMT within like 2 months

simmer down

(may rate later)
It's pretty similar to the previous one- it's just after my changes really.

Since this is already after my rate, if I have any comments I might suggest running Volt Switch over Sleep Talk on Zekrom, as it has really nice synergy with Gengar and Darkrai is annoying but you revenge it quite easily. I suppose same thing with U-Turn Yveltal being an option too. Just a suggestion.

Good luck!

It's pretty similar to the previous one- it's just after my changes really.

Since this is already after my rate, if I have any comments I might suggest running Volt Switch over Sleep Talk on Zekrom, as it has really nice synergy with Gengar and Darkrai is annoying but you revenge it quite easily. I suppose same thing with U-Turn Yveltal being an option too. Just a suggestion.

Good luck!
Thanks will try out, probably U-Turn for the trap

bro this is your 3rd RMT within like 2 months

simmer down

(may rate later)
Yeah I do too much o.o, but as Haxiom said it's an edit after his suggestions, I wanted it to be a new thread. This will be my last RMT in a long time anyway since I'm just playing Randoms for now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)