RMT - First attempt at UU since early Gen IV

Haven't been in the competitive scene for years, here's my first attempt at a UU team.

Crobat @ Black Sludge
Trait: Infiltrator
EVs: 168 HP / 192 Atk / 144 Spd / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- U-turn
- Brave Bird
- Roost

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Trait: Trace
EVs: 80 SDef / 252 HP / 176 Def
Calm Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Recover

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Careful Nature
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect
- Foul Play

Honchkrow @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Claydol @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Suicune @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Spd
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Quick breakdown:
Crobat - Taunt lead, Scout
Porygon - Mix wall, T-Wave
Umbreon - Synchro Support, Wish + Heal Bell
Honchkrow - Revenge killer, Psychic swap in, Lead Vs. Zoroark
Claydol - Stealth Spin, Phys Wall W/ Toxic
Suicune - Monotype CM Sleep Talk

I built this team after seeing Crobat as a fairly solid lead, I used to go around with Persian/Ambipom and try for setups until I realized avoiding wall leads was near impossible. Persian was my original scout.

My glaring weaknesses are rock/(priority) ice type moves and Steel walls (registeel has proven strong against me in a few cases), but finding space for a fire type move in my set is embarrassingly hard.

Originally I had Sandslash on my team but I noticed any time I was blocking off stealth rocks they generally had Levitate (Claydol, Bronzong) so all I could do was stealth rock and rapid spin then swap to Umbreon which also couldn't do much, since synchronize won't copy Toxic over to steel types. I recently replaced him with Claydol in the hopes he'll outperform Sandslash, which was never safe to swap in and hard to lead with.

Fighting types may look scary to Umb/Pory but I can safely swap in Crobat and either Brave Bird or Roost to prevent the always inevitable super effective Stone Edge.

Critiquing would be cool, I don't know of a better ground type rapid spinner than claydol/sandslash, I'd like to have Umbreon be my dedicated special wall + synchro support, but sacrificing Claydol's great special defensive stat hurts.

I would replace the Scarf on Honchkrow to a Life Orb. Scarf Honchkrow is beaten by every other Scarf user in the tier, and getting yourself locked into Sucker Punch can really screw you over. Everything else on the set looks good.

Your team has pretty low offensive pressure on it, your only dedicated attacker is Honchkrow, as Suicune needs multiple CMs to do real damage. I think Porygon is not necessary on this team, it contributes to the team's Fighting weakness and you have enough walls already. I really want to suggest Scarf Victini, it would really help out your team and help cover its weaknesses. The only down side would be another Stealth Rock weakness, but as long as you play smart with Crobat and Claydol it might not be too bad.

I would replace the Scarf on Honchkrow to a Life Orb. Scarf Honchkrow is beaten by every other Scarf user in the tier, and getting yourself locked into Sucker Punch can really screw you over. Everything else on the set looks good.

Your team has pretty low offensive pressure on it, your only dedicated attacker is Honchkrow, as Suicune needs multiple CMs to do real damage. I think Porygon is not necessary on this team, it contributes to the team's Fighting weakness and you have enough walls already. I really want to suggest Scarf Victini, it would really help out your team and help cover its weaknesses. The only down side would be another Stealth Rock weakness, but as long as you play smart with Crobat and Claydol it might not be too bad.
perhaps jolly honchkrow with life orb to make up for the lost speed? i specced him to outspeed ambipom and other 361 speed pokemon but it doesn't seem too useful.

are there any other useful substitutes over honchkrow? maybe weavile?

really hate the thought of using victini but it'd help with swapping cro/krow out of wisps, i'd just have to make sure claydol never dies though.

sceptile, mew, porygon Z (modest scarfed) over pory2 and using mienshao over honchkrow might be an acceptable swap, but i'm not entirely sure..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)