SV OU RMT Manual Quark Drive

Hi! I am pretty decent at random battles and reached 2000 elo multiple times, but have only a few times managed to reach 1500 elo in OU. I like building my own (unique) teams but needless to say they aren't very good. This is my latest one with 6 quark drive mons, I feel like it's decent but could be improved, curious what your thoughts are.

Iron Treads @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Electric Terrain
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Volt Switch

Terrain setter #1. Usually puts in a lot of work, it's decently bulky but not that much because of the speed investment. That has helped me a lot of times to get the electric terrain up though. Good spinner and steel type and electric immunity.

Iron Jugulis @ Terrain Extender
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Taunt
- U-turn
- Electric Terrain

Terrain setter #2. Used to be Pawmot but he wasn't pulling his weight. Jug is better for sure. Usually my lead because taunt prevents hazards from going up.

Iron Hands @ Assault Vest
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch
- Fake Out

Man this guy is bulky and strong! Probably my favourite member of the team, helped me out of a bad spot a lot of times. Despite his weak base power moves I've never felt the need to switch to close combat/wild charge. Fake Out is new and I haven't tested with much, used to be rock tomb but never needed it for Volc or anyone else.

Iron Leaves @ Leftovers
Tera Type: Psychic
EVs: 88 HP / 160 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Psyblade
- Swords Dance
- Night Slash

Usually my Great Tusk switch-in. Used to have Taunt instead of Night Slash but I wanted to be able to hit Goldengo. Now I want to also hit Corv though! Give me more moveslots! Speed boost makes it faster than most scarfers and after an SD it still hits like a truck. Pretty bulky too so getting an SD off is usually not difficult. Used to have a life orb but I definetily prefer it's longevity with leftovers. But maybe an electric seed could be interesting..

Iron Moth @ Air Balloon
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fiery Dance
- Sludge Wave
- Psychic
- Toxic Spikes

This is the set I probably am the least sure about. Air balloon has won me quite a few games, especially ones where great tusk seemed to be set up to sweep. T-spikes is because I couldn't fit hazards on anyone else and has been okay, Psychic is nice coverage for Pex, Tusk, Glim etc.

Iron Valiant @ Choice Specs
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Aura Sphere
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

Very fast and strong, not sure about the set though. I don't like having to hit focus blasts so the first two moves I'm pretty sure about, the last two almost never get clicked. Shadow ball is nice for Gholdengo but doesn't ko it from full, tricking basically means saccing Valiant because it's not bulky enough to survive it's opponents move... Trick has been nice a couple times against stall though. Maybe I should run thunderbolt instead of Trick.

Here's the pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/3c623c6b1fb039dc

Bonus replay of me struggling in the 1200's: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1841953734

Keeping in mind that you want a quark drive team... I would first and foremost put pincurchin on your team in replace of (in my opinion) iron leaves. Iron leave is... Okay. But it gets EATEN by common mons with common moves in OU. To me, it seems like the weakest link. And electric surge is a must-have ability for this team.

Pincurchin @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def (OR 252 SpD) / 4 SpA
Tera Type: Flying
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Spikes/ t spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Memento/ t spikes

So, let's now give your iron treads a different item and move. Leftovers seem to fit well here and by swapping stealth rocks for electric terrain, you fix your lack of hazards issue. And if you make your pincurchin SpD, then you can even look into making iron treads full HP/ Def for another bulky pivot mon.

As for Iron jugs, I think you're safe to swap out its item and move here too. Since you have two really powerful special attackers, making iron jugs a pivot mon would work well for momentum. Earth power/knockoff gives you good coverage/ utility, and adding in HVboots lets you swap in and out with less to worry about. You can also choose leftovers but boots is my suggestion. I would also put on full spakt/ spe. If you keep full hp/ spe, then knockoff might be the way to go for harassment.

Since pincurchin and treads cover us in the hazard department, iron moth is free to add another coverage move (energy ball?). And while I understand why you would give it an air balloon, you will find more use with choice specs/ scarf. You'll also find more use giving your iron valiant booster energy with calm mind (for trick) and close combat (for aura sphere). The reason is that iron moth has a lot of utility for heavy spakt hits, while iron valiant now can act as your wincon. Then iron valiant's nature becomes hasty and you're sitting pretty.

This is just what I would do, personally. BUT I haven't played with your team nearly as much as you have so take what I say with a grain of salt.

ANYWAY, have fun. Stay safe. Drink water. And catch many dubs; I hear they're in season. :mad:

Keeping in mind that you want a quark drive team... I would first and foremost put pincurchin on your team in replace of (in my opinion) iron leaves. Iron leave is... Okay. But it gets EATEN by common mons with common moves in OU. To me, it seems like the weakest link. And electric surge is a must-have ability for this team.

Pincurchin @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def (OR 252 SpD) / 4 SpA
Tera Type: Flying
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Spikes/ t spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Memento/ t spikes

So, let's now give your iron treads a different item and move. Leftovers seem to fit well here and by swapping stealth rocks for electric terrain, you fix your lack of hazards issue. And if you make your pincurchin SpD, then you can even look into making iron treads full HP/ Def for another bulky pivot mon.

As for Iron jugs, I think you're safe to swap out its item and move here too. Since you have two really powerful special attackers, making iron jugs a pivot mon would work well for momentum. Earth power/knockoff gives you good coverage/ utility, and adding in HVboots lets you swap in and out with less to worry about. You can also choose leftovers but boots is my suggestion. I would also put on full spakt/ spe. If you keep full hp/ spe, then knockoff might be the way to go for harassment.

Since pincurchin and treads cover us in the hazard department, iron moth is free to add another coverage move (energy ball?). And while I understand why you would give it an air balloon, you will find more use with choice specs/ scarf. You'll also find more use giving your iron valiant booster energy with calm mind (for trick) and close combat (for aura sphere). The reason is that iron moth has a lot of utility for heavy spakt hits, while iron valiant now can act as your wincon. Then iron valiant's nature becomes hasty and you're sitting pretty.

This is just what I would do, personally. BUT I haven't played with your team nearly as much as you have so take what I say with a grain of salt.

ANYWAY, have fun. Stay safe. Drink water. And catch many dubs; I hear they're in season. :mad:
Thanks for your analysis. If I understand correctly you're saying manual terrain (the idea I was going for) is just unviable, which I guess is fair enough. I will first try to make treads more defensive and try making valiant a mixed attacker.

Thanks for your analysis. If I understand correctly you're saying manual terrain (the idea I was going for) is just unviable, which I guess is fair enough. I will first try to make treads more defensive and try making valiant a mixed attacker.
It's not that its UNviable, it's just not your best option.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)