Battle Spot RMT: Mega Blaziken Team (In-Game)(Singles)

Blaziken-Mega @ Blazikenite
Ability: Speed Boost
Level: 50
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Protect

Well, Blaziken. The core of my team. I chose Blaziken because of Its versatility. Flare Blitz and High Jump Kick Are Blazikens 2 most powerful STAB moves. Not only that But Can hit hard for neutral damage. Knock Off is good to get rid of items and can hit various things for super-effective damage. Protect to scout and to get of my ability, Speed Boost.

Thundurus @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe /4 Hp
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave

Standard Thundurus set. Nasty Plot to boost special attack. Mostly used in times when I can safely predict. Thunderbolt is for decent STAB and its very hard. HP Ice if for coverage and to hit hard Flying and Dragon types like Landorus/Landorus-Therian and Garchomp. Thunder wave is a great way to take advantage of prankster. Paralyzing foes making them slower and easier to revenge kill.

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch

I picked Rotom-Wash because it can come in clearly with an uncommon weakness and can bring pokemon in. Hydro pump is its most powerful STAB move and not SO great to RELY on it is still good and and weaken foes.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock

This is a very defensive Ferrothorn. 252 Hp to help with the bulk. 252 Defense to maximize that defensive bulk. 4 Special defense to help a little with special defense. Impish Nature to help maximize its defensive bulk. Leech for chipping away the foe's health while gaining a bit. Protect to go along with Leech Seed while also for scouting/Stalling. Since Ferrothorn is very very slow Gyro Ball is recommended and with Ferrothorn's decent attack stat. Stealth Rocks to chip away small damage. Sometimes small Stealth Rock damage can aid Blaziken massively.

Gengar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball
- Destiny Bond
- Focus Blast

This Pokemon revenge kills Pokemon that Blaziken can't handle. Timid to maximize speed. Sludge Bomb is Gengar's hard hitting STAB move. Shadow Ball is Gengar's other hard hitting stab move that can hit for neutral damage. Destiny Bond is to take a foe down with you if you can KO it. Focus Blast is for coverage.

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Rock Slide
- Dual Chop

Garchomp has outstanding speed and amazing attack power. This EV spread is a standard one. Earthquake is its strongest Ground STAB move. It also hits hard for neutral damage. Outrage is its strongest Dragon Type STAB move. Rock Slide is for coverage and also has decent power. This last slot is mainly a filler. Dual Chop mainly to break Prankster Substitute.

Please help if you can. I have played around with this team an works surprisingly well but some things just don't play out well. I think some pokemon aren't working or maybe items.

Thank you for taking your time to read this. -PikachuVoltage

I accidently posted this in the wrong place so I am reposting it here. Sry of in convinence.

LoL, I saw that. Your team actually could've just been a BSS team, since it's standard enough there's not a whole lot one can do with it.

Even so, I see a few things. Going down the list, Blaziken should move 4 HP to SpD for Download Pokes, it hardly makes any difference, especially when you consider it beats Porygon2, but you might as well. Thundy isn't commonly seen holding Lefties, though considering its most used item is Sitrus Berry, Lefties probably is OK. Still, I'd replace its item with a Sitrus Berry and give the Lafties to Ferro. Other than that, again move the HP EVs to SpD, and I'd run Taunt over NP. Other than the item, which we've already discussed, there's not much to say about your Ferrothorn. I'd just be wary about the bad synergy between Thunder Wave support from Thundy, Gyro Ball, and Ferro's bad speed. Maybe go Impish w/ Iron Head and 31 spe IVs, but you only have one paralysis spreader, so IDK. Rotom-W is fine for the most part-just run some damage calcs to make sure they're the best(cause they're probably not.) Gengar's fine. I would get rid of Dual Chop on Garchomp, since it doesn't do much of anything to most sub users(if you're lucky, the first hit will break the sub, and the second will actually damage the opponent, though one hit of Dual Chop is really just 60 BP factoring in STAB. Then there's the imperfect accuracy and the fact that it won't help with physically bulky, resistant, or immune subbers like Gliscor and Whimsicott.) I find it quite funny that the most used Pokémon has a bad movepool-use something like Poison Jab, Crunch, or Aqua Tail for the fourth slot. Hope that helps!

LoL, I saw that. Your team actually could've just been a BSS team, since it's standard enough there's not a whole lot one can do with it.

Even so, I see a few things. Going down the list, Blaziken should move 4 HP to SpD for Download Pokes, it hardly makes any difference, especially when you consider it beats Porygon2, but you might as well. Thundy isn't commonly seen holding Lefties, though considering its most used item is Sitrus Berry, Lefties probably is OK. Still, I'd replace its item with a Sitrus Berry and give the Lafties to Ferro. Other than that, again move the HP EVs to SpD, and I'd run Taunt over NP. Other than the item, which we've already discussed, there's not much to say about your Ferrothorn. I'd just be wary about the bad synergy between Thunder Wave support from Thundy, Gyro Ball, and Ferro's bad speed. Maybe go Impish w/ Iron Head and 31 spe IVs, but you only have one paralysis spreader, so IDK. Rotom-W is fine for the most part-just run some damage calcs to make sure they're the best(cause they're probably not.) Gengar's fine. I would get rid of Dual Chop on Garchomp, since it doesn't do much of anything to most sub users(if you're lucky, the first hit will break the sub, and the second will actually damage the opponent, though one hit of Dual Chop is really just 60 BP factoring in STAB. Then there's the imperfect accuracy and the fact that it won't help with physically bulky, resistant, or immune subbers like Gliscor and Whimsicott.) I find it quite funny that the most used Pokémon has a bad movepool-use something like Poison Jab, Crunch, or Aqua Tail for the fourth slot. Hope that helps!
Thank you for your help but one thing. I won't be able to have 2 sitrus berries.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I would use Life Orb on Thundurus and swap Nasty Plot for either Focus Blast or Grass Knot. Use Hidden Power Ice on Rotom-W (preferably over Thunderbolt), it makes him an even better answer to Mega Salamence, and the coverage is great for things like Garchomp as well. However, Rotom-W and Thundurus don't have the best synergy, do you have access to a Suicune? That may be a better choice of Water-type and allows you to use Sitrus Berry on Thundurus. Ferrothorn should have a Relaxed nature with 0 speed IVs if you want to use Gyro Ball, Omastar is right in saying that if you want to use Impish (and potentially be spreading paralysis around) that Iron Head would be a better option. Finally, use Fire Fang instead of Dual Chop on Garchomp.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)