SM OU RMT Mega Latios Team

I am a intermediate level player that wants to ladder well and win tournaments. I have made a team and had decent succes with it in tournaments but want some feedback. So here we go!

Surge (Latios-Mega) @ Latiosite
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Roost
- Psyshock
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam

I chose a standard Mega Latios set to build around. The Roost + 3 Attacks set allows it to have reliable recovery while dishing out strong attacks against big metagame trends such as a Lando-T, Heatran, Zygarde, Non-Shuca Tapu Koko and more. Special walls will have to deal with Psyshock and the Tyranitar that likes switching in will have to take an EQ. Overall, Mega Latios is an amazing mon dealing with most of the meta.

Magnezone @ Assault Vest
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 248 SpA / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

The next member of the team was Magnezone. Magnezone can deal with steel types that Mega Latios' EQ doesnt touch. Pokemon like Mega Scizor (lacking u turn), Celesteela,and Ferrothorn are some examples that Magnezone. Magnezone with 8SPDEF and an AV (since even though choice scarf is a good choice I dont like being locked into moves) can let it take a Utility Heatran's Earth Power one of Magnezones threats and then Volt Switch out to be death fodder for a different mon so another mon can safley come in.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 216 HP / 252 Def / 28 SpA / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled

For my next member I wanted a rocker that could reliably set up rocks and still have some other usefulness and have reliable recovery. Enter Clefable, an amazing rocker as well as a mon who could have some hidden tricks up her/his sleeve. This also completes a FDS core that is great offensivley and defensively and able to check eachothers weaknesses. Soft-Boiled is the best way that Clefable can get back health reliably. Moonblast is it's primary STAB move allowing to check any dark types that are lured in by Mega Latios. For it's final slot I decided to put Flamethrower. Flamethrower allows it to reliably OHKO Kartana and 2HKO SPDEF Ferrothorn. And with its speed investment it outspeeds Non-Invested Celesteela.The rest is just a standard Magic Guard Clefable set.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Earth Plate
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Gravity
- Swords Dance

The king of the OU metagame himself. Over the more commonly scarf I ran Earth plate ,though. This allows Landorus to 2HKO Tangrowth with EQ. With not many wallbreakers on this team so far I added SD and Gravity for Skarmory and Zapdos who wall it. This provides the team with a wallbreaker and an amazing mon.

Tapu Bulu @ Rockium Z
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Next up is yet another wallbreaker in Tapu Bulu. Bulu, although letting Lando down offensivley creates a decent defensive core as Bulu takes water attacks while Lando takes poison,and bug moves for Bulu. The BuluZone core is created where Bulu and Magnezone form a phenomenal defensive core thanks to Grassy Terrain and helps the entirety of the team out. Rockium is ran because of Torn T and Mega Pinsir who are common switchins to bulu. Bulu helps balance out the team a lot.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp

And finally to round things out our final member is Rotom Wash. Rotom Wash is incredibly bulky and can weaken physical attackers with its Will O Wisp and create momentum with a slow Volt Switch to get a mon like Mega Latios in safely. It also is also the one and only defogger on the team. With Hydro Pump it can hit mons such as Heatran very hard if they decide to stay in.

What do you guys think of my team? Give me suggestions on how to improve this! Its OK for you to say to me something is really bad since that is part of learning.
Full team import: https://pokepast.es/82f529b53c8661fa

Really cool team You have here and I see why you've had a lot of success with it. You have a strong core as of right now being the usual fairy stall dragon however I do see some flaws with the team. Some being very small suggestions with the movepool while others I would just replace said Mon.

Threats:

- Ash-Greninja is pretty scary for your team. While you do have a Bulu it isn't a defensive set meaning it doesn't check it as well as it potentially could. This can be to fixed with a minor set adjustment.

- Lack of Speed control. It is pretty essential to have a scarfer on this sort of team in case a late game sweeper gets out of control. For example weakness policy zygarde could run through your squad as it carries iron tail so something to tank a hit and hurt it back would be advised.

Minor Changes:

- While I understand the reasoning behind using flamethrower on Clefable you have a magnezone for that reason to trap the steel types you mentioned. I would run the standard ev investment because I suggest removing flamethrower and running wish. Wish provides a way to reliably heal your team such as magnezone who lacks recovery.

- I personally don't think AV magnezone is as good as it used to be. For this reason I would suggest running Steelium Z and Substitute > Volt switch. Steelium Z let's you potentially nuke incoming Latis for example which would wall you otherwise. This choice is up to you but I do think you have a good enough defensive core to handle threats like koko and to less of an extent lele.

- I would run the bulky scarf landorus over this set as you need a scarf user and landorus fits this role very well. Keeps you with a secondary check to offensive threats like zygarde etc. And now gives you a defog user because of the change in going to make.

- As for Bulu I'd run a more specially bulky set with SD. This keeps it as an offensive threat but allowing it to have the bulk to tank hits from ash gren and to an extent lele. As I have swapped out your Z move onto magnezone I'd suggest using Synthesis over Stone Edge to better handle Lele and gren on the switch-in. As for the item use leftovers again for better recovery.

Major Change:

- I would scrap rotom at this point as it does nothing except give you a better swampert answer. I feel like your team lacks a good cleaner though landorus can now fulfil that role. I would use Ash-Greninja instead because one it provides spikes support which is great for Mega Latios to break and also doesn't make your team as weak to the lati twins. Though you'd have to play around with reflect type Latias but Bulu should be able to tank HP Fire moderately well.

Naive Nature
- Roost
- Psyshock
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 80 HP / 148 Atk / 84 Def / 196 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power Ice
- Defog

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

Magnezone @ Steelium Z
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power Fire

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
EVs: 224 HP / 216 SpD / 68 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Synthesis

I personally didn't need to make that many changes to your squad. I do think your Kartana matchup can be a bit shaky but it's doable. Hope these suggestions help.

Changes:

-The team is very weak to Volcarona, I would use rock slide or stone edge on Landorus to check it. Any mon in the team cannot stop it, is better to have something, even if is just a check.

-If Clefable will be wisher I would put knock off or flametrhower instead of soft-boiled. Using 2 recover moves immobilize too much Clefable, soft-boiled limits Clefable's movepool.

-I would put U-Turn in Gren Ash, I think that momentum is much better to pressure ur opponent in my opinion.

-I can't see steelium z Magnezone, I would use the choice specs or the choice scarf, even a assault vest.

-I think that Bulu has too much recovery, with synthesis and the terrain has enough, I would put a grassium z or a life orb.

That's everything, know practise and improve yourself on the ladder o battling with another players.

Really cool team You have here and I see why you've had a lot of success with it. You have a strong core as of right now being the usual fairy stall dragon however I do see some flaws with the team. Some being very small suggestions with the movepool while others I would just replace said Mon.

Threats:

- Ash-Greninja is pretty scary for your team. While you do have a Bulu it isn't a defensive set meaning it doesn't check it as well as it potentially could. This can be to fixed with a minor set adjustment.

- Lack of Speed control. It is pretty essential to have a scarfer on this sort of team in case a late game sweeper gets out of control. For example weakness policy zygarde could run through your squad as it carries iron tail so something to tank a hit and hurt it back would be advised.

Minor Changes:

- While I understand the reasoning behind using flamethrower on Clefable you have a magnezone for that reason to trap the steel types you mentioned. I would run the standard ev investment because I suggest removing flamethrower and running wish. Wish provides a way to reliably heal your team such as magnezone who lacks recovery.

- I personally don't think AV magnezone is as good as it used to be. For this reason I would suggest running Steelium Z and Substitute > Volt switch. Steelium Z let's you potentially nuke incoming Latis for example which would wall you otherwise. This choice is up to you but I do think you have a good enough defensive core to handle threats like koko and to less of an extent lele.

- I would run the bulky scarf landorus over this set as you need a scarf user and landorus fits this role very well. Keeps you with a secondary check to offensive threats like zygarde etc. And now gives you a defog user because of the change in going to make.

- As for Bulu I'd run a more specially bulky set with SD. This keeps it as an offensive threat but allowing it to have the bulk to tank hits from ash gren and to an extent lele. As I have swapped out your Z move onto magnezone I'd suggest using Synthesis over Stone Edge to better handle Lele and gren on the switch-in. As for the item use leftovers again for better recovery.

Major Change:

- I would scrap rotom at this point as it does nothing except give you a better swampert answer. I feel like your team lacks a good cleaner though landorus can now fulfil that role. I would use Ash-Greninja instead because one it provides spikes support which is great for Mega Latios to break and also doesn't make your team as weak to the lati twins. Though you'd have to play around with reflect type Latias but Bulu should be able to tank HP Fire moderately well.

Naive Nature
- Roost
- Psyshock
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 80 HP / 148 Atk / 84 Def / 196 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power Ice
- Defog

Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

Magnezone @ Steelium Z
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power Fire

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
EVs: 224 HP / 216 SpD / 68 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Synthesis

I personally didn't need to make that many changes to your squad. I do think your Kartana matchup can be a bit shaky but it's doable. Hope these suggestions help.
I do get what you are saying about this but giving ashgren ice beam instead of spikes not only gives him a dragon switchin, it gives him a Zyg counter, which I do not find on the team besides Latios (which gets smacked by an Outrage)

Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Ice Beam

Changes I would make on the team would be the following

1. Make Lando-T Scarf. Not only does Lando-T excel at scarf, you don't have to move all his evs into speed to hit certain mons.
2. Give Latios Draco Meteor instead of Earthquake. You already have eq on the most used mon in the metagame, but running a non-spa attack on an spa based mon is weird imo.
3. Definitely make Magnezone Specs Analytic with lowest speed. This gives magnezone a 550+ Spa, coupled with stab, and analytic. Imagine that.
Magnezone @ Choice Specs Ability: Analytic
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
4. Toss Rotom for a better defogger and swampert answer if thats what you'd really want.
Anyways, hope my advice helps and good luck with your team :)

Changes:

-The team is very weak to Volcarona, I would use rock slide or stone edge on Landorus to check it. Any mon in the team cannot stop it, is better to have something, even if is just a check.

-If Clefable will be wisher I would put knock off or flametrhower instead of soft-boiled. Using 2 recover moves immobilize too much Clefable, soft-boiled limits Clefable's movepool.

-I would put U-Turn in Gren Ash, I think that momentum is much better to pressure ur opponent in my opinion.

-I can't see steelium z Magnezone, I would use the choice specs or the choice scarf, even a assault vest.

-I think that Bulu has too much recovery, with synthesis and the terrain has enough, I would put a grassium z or a life orb.

That's everything, know practise and improve yourself on the ladder o battling with another players.
While I agree it is volc weak that isn't a hard solution to solve. The simplest change would be to just run a scarf keldeo with stone edge over ash-gren. So while I agree rock slide on lando isn't bad you haven't stated who would have defog though I assume you'd replace psychic on latios for it. But you can play against volc to a limited extent with rocks + doubling but yes I agree I forgot the Pokemon existed seeing as it is barely seen much anymore.

As for the rest of your changes I don't see where your coming from to be able to tell me to 'practise' more xD. Soft boiled and wish clef is the set everyone is using right now so clearly you have no idea what your talking about. While yes knock off or flamethrower can work why would he need it. Knock off may be nice to remove heatran lefties etc. But why give that up for your recovery move. The set doesn't have protect so you need soft-boiled. As for flamethrower it's not needed as he has a magnezone for the likes of scizor and Ferro etc.

U-turn on ash greninja is very sub-par and was mainly used near the start of his release. While yes it gives momentum, spikes is much better for wearing your opponent down and is also good at giving you momentum as you can play around your opponent wanting to defog. I personally think u-turn and volt switch aren't necessary at all on most Pokemon if you know how to double. So I also don't agree with this change though I don't think it's as bad of a suggestion as b4.

Steelium Z magnezone is a set so I don't understand what your even saying here. Yes scarf is the most popular set which would be nice to help vs sd kart or band kart. The only reason I suggested Steelium Z over electrium z is because it is nice to catch out threats like the lati twins which he may struggle breaking with especially if keldeo is now run.

And again synthesis on that bulu set is common to help you reliably check threats like gren etc. Yes it's interchangeable for something like substitute but I opted for synthesis as it's his best check to said threats. The only reason I have lefties is because I suggested Steelium on magnezone otherwise I'd use grassium.

Hope that clears up reasoning behind the sets so while I agree it was volc weak which was my bad I disagree with the reasoning behind your other changes or improvements. I probably won't bother responding back to whatever post. But instead of being a dick about it just rate the team yourself in your own image to help. Have a good day :)

I do get what you are saying about this but giving ashgren ice beam instead of spikes not only gives him a dragon switchin, it gives him a Zyg counter, which I do not find on the team besides Latios (which gets smacked by an Outrage)

Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Ice Beam

Changes I would make on the team would be the following

1. Make Lando-T Scarf. Not only does Lando-T excel at scarf, you don't have to move all his evs into speed to hit certain mons.
2. Give Latios Draco Meteor instead of Earthquake. You already have eq on the most used mon in the metagame, but running a non-spa attack on an spa based mon is weird imo.
3. Definitely make Magnezone Specs Analytic with lowest speed. This gives magnezone a 550+ Spa, coupled with stab, and analytic. Imagine that.
Magnezone @ Choice Specs Ability: Analytic
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
4. Toss Rotom for a better defogger and swampert answer if thats what you'd really want.
Anyways, hope my advice helps and good luck with your team :)
He has both Clefable and Bulu and bulky lando I don't see how ice beam on gren accomplishes anything imo. He has what's necessary to wall zygarde so I don't agree with that change. It could be nice to deal with opposing grass types but other than that spikes is overall better.

Earthquake is simply needed to hit Heatran and tyranitar otherwise they hard wall you. Especially in heatran case it's nice to switch in to it and be able to remove it. Its the best set going around. I do agree draco could be nice though i would replace psyshock with whatever coverage you want. While that magnezone set could work he needs magnet pull otherwise ferro, scizor and celesteela etc. Are too problematic for his team so I wouldn't run that on this team.

I only made this post as you quoted me though I realise it was about the greninja. I just commented on everything else because I don't 100% agree it works on this team. If you made your own rmt and gave different Pokemon to suggest then maybe that magnezone set for example would have it's niche advantages idk. Anyway good luck with future battles and rmts:)

Indigo Plateau

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
UU Leader
Hey MysitclaHaze! Cool team that you have here, Magnezone is a sweet offensive partner that can dent a lot of teams that rely on Steel-types like Celesteela to check Mega Latios.

However, the team does have some glaring flaws. Offensive non-Z Landorus doesn't see much usage, and I don't think it's the best idea to have it alongside Tapu Bulu, as Grassy Terrain will hinder its sweeping capabilities. Clefable's set is not as good as it could potentially be, and your team lacks reliable Speed control to deal with huge threats like Ash-Greninja and Tapu Lele, for example.

======================

Let's talk about some specific threats to your team so that we can find where exactly to improve it.

Magnezone being your only Steel-type means that both Mega Alakazam and Tapu Lele have a really good matchup against your team. Whenever either one are brought in safely, they get to fire off strong Psychics. The only thing that outspeeds is Mega Latios, which can't do much to either one in return.

Adamant Tapu Bulu won't be checking Ash-Greninja any time soon, as Hydro Pump 2HKOes it on the switch, and Dark Pulse 2HKOes Rotom-W. Ash-Greninja is a huge threat in OU, so having at least one durable answer to it on your team is almost always a necessity, especially on a Mega Latios build.

Mega Latios has a versatile movepool and with Psychic, Ice Beam, and EQ, it can 2HKO your entire team. Clefable is an OK answer to it, but it can't switch into it forever, and risking a Speed tie with your own Mega Latios doesn't seem like a solid game plan against it.

Weavile can trap your Mega Latios and hit the rest of your team hard with a Choice Banded set, as nothing on your team outspeeds it due to your lack of Speed control. Not much else to say here as you're forced to keep Clefable and Rotom-W healthy at all times.

Similar to Weavile, Mega Lopunny outspeeds your entire team and it can become really scary after Landorus is weakened. Although it's not too common, PuP variants can break through Clefable and proceed to sweep your team if you don't keep it healthy enough.

======================

Below are the suggestions that I believe would make this team better:

>

Losing a Water resist sucks, but by looking at what threatens your team, you're in dire need of Speed control. Choice Scarf Kartana can revenge kill all of the aforementioned threats and forms a good offensive core with Tapu Bulu. It also greatly benefits from the Magnezone on your team, as Magnezone can trap problematic Pokemon for it like Celesteela and Scizor. Rotom-W feels like it doesn't do much for your team, as you can already effectively pivot out with both Magnezone and Landorus-T.

Psychic > Psyshock
On Mega Latios, Psychic is better than Psyshock to prevent Pokemon like Clefable from walling it, and is just a harder hitting move for it in general.

Thunder Wave > Flamethrower, Calm Mind > Stealth Rock
I think Thunder Wave is a better fit on your team, as it gives you a secondary form of Speed control outside of solely relying on Kartana to do it. Steel-types that Flamethrower would normally hit are either already dealt with by Magnezone pretty reliably. The next thing would be giving Clefable Calm Mind over Stealth Rock so that your team has another wincon since my next change will be making Landorus-T defensive.

Defensive

Now that I removed your Stealth Rocker, I think it would be beneficial to have a defensive Landorus-T to reliably pivot into physical attackers and set up Stealth Rocks. Flyinium-Z allows you to beat Hawlucha and other Flying-types like Tornadus-T, which become bigger threats without Rotom-W on the team. I also think you're okay without HP Ice here, as you have Bulu + Kartana and Clefable for Zygarde.

SpDef Swords Dance
A specially defensive Tapu Bulu gives your team a really good answer to Ash-Greninja, other Water-types, and a better matchup against Psychic-types like Mega Alakazam and Tapu Lele. Swords Dance allows you to still set up on passive Pokemon like Clefable and can be a good wincon late game against bulkier teams.

>

Choice Scarf Magnezone lets your team trap Kartana, which can become quite problematic if Mega Latios isn't healthy, and also provides the team a better matchup against Pokemon like Pinsir. I would definitely run it here seeing as Assault Vest only helps in very specific matchups - for example, you still die to Psychic into Focus Blast from Mega Alakazam and are still OHKOed by Lele's Fight-Z.

======================

(click me!)

Only one Pokemon change, but I had to change a few sets to make the team as good as possible, and I definitely think it's better than the initial version. Some Pokemon you have to watch out for are
, as it becomes scarier if Magnezone is removed due to no Rotom-W,
if you waste your Z-Move prematurely, and
if it manages to stay out of Knock Off range.

Hope you enjoy the team, and let me know if you have any questions! :toast:

Last edited:
Hey MysitclaHaze! Cool team that you have here, Magnezone is a sweet offensive partner that can dent a lot of teams that rely on Steel-types like Celesteela to check Mega Latios.

However, the team does have some glaring flaws. Offensive non-Z Landorus doesn't see much usage, and I don't think it's the best idea to have it alongside Tapu Bulu, as Grassy Terrain will hinder its sweeping capabilities. Clefable's set is not as good as it could potentially be, and your team lacks reliable Speed control to deal with huge threats like Ash-Greninja and Tapu Lele, for example.

======================

Let's talk about some specific threats to your team so that we can find where exactly to improve it.

Magnezone being your only Steel-type means that both Mega Alakazam and Tapu Lele have a really good matchup against your team. Whenever either one are brought in safely, they get to fire off strong Psychics. The only thing that outspeeds is Mega Latios, which can't do much to either one in return.

Adamant Tapu Bulu won't be checking Ash-Greninja any time soon, as Hydro Pump 2HKOes it on the switch, and Dark Pulse 2HKOes Rotom-W. Ash-Greninja is a huge threat in OU, so having at least one durable answer to it on your team is almost always a necessity, especially on a Mega Latios build.

Mega Latios has a versatile movepool and with Psychic, Ice Beam, and EQ, it can 2HKO your entire team. Clefable is an OK answer to it, but it can't switch into it forever, and risking a Speed tie with your own Mega Latios doesn't seem like a solid game plan against it.

Weavile can trap your Mega Latios and hit the rest of your team hard with a Choice Banded set, as nothing on your team outspeeds it due to your lack of Speed control. Not much else to say here as you're forced to keep Clefable and Rotom-W healthy at all times.

Similar to Weavile, Mega Lopunny outspeeds your entire team and it can become really scary after Landorus is weakened. Although it's not too common, PuP variants can break through Clefable and proceed to sweep your team if you don't keep it healthy enough.

======================

Below are the suggestions that I believe would make this team better:

>

Losing a Water resist sucks, but by looking at what threatens your team, you're in dire need of Speed control. Choice Scarf Kartana can revenge kill all of the aforementioned threats and forms a good offensive core with Tapu Bulu. It also greatly benefits from the Magnezone on your team, as Magnezone can trap problematic Pokemon for it like Celesteela and Scizor. Rotom-W feels like it doesn't do much for your team, as you can already effectively pivot out with both Magnezone and Landorus-T.

Psychic > Psyshock
On Mega Latios, Psychic is better than Psyshock to prevent Pokemon like Clefable from walling it, and is just a harder hitting move for it in general.

Thunder Wave > Flamethrower, Calm Mind > Stealth Rock
I think Thunder Wave is a better fit on your team, as it gives you a secondary form of Speed control outside of solely relying on Kartana to do it. Steel-types that Flamethrower would normally hit are either already dealt with by Magnezone pretty reliably. The next thing would be giving Clefable Calm Mind over Stealth Rock so that your team has another wincon since my next change will be making Landorus-T defensive.

Defensive

Now that I removed your Stealth Rocker, I think it would be beneficial to have a defensive Landorus-T to reliably pivot into physical attackers and set up Stealth Rocks. Flyinium-Z allows you to beat Hawlucha and other Flying-types like Tornadus-T, which become bigger threats without Rotom-W on the team. I also think you're okay without HP Ice here, as you have Bulu + Kartana and Clefable for Zygarde.

SpDef Swords Dance
A specially defensive Tapu Bulu gives your team a really good answer to Ash-Greninja, other Water-types, and a better matchup against Psychic-types like Mega Alakazam and Tapu Lele. Swords Dance allows you to still set up on passive Pokemon like Clefable and can be a good wincon late game against bulkier teams.

>

Choice Scarf Magnezone lets your team trap Kartana, which can become quite problematic if Mega Latios isn't healthy, and also provides the team a better matchup against Pokemon like Pinsir. I would definitely run it here seeing as Assault Vest only helps in very specific matchups - for example, you still die to Psychic into Focus Blast from Mega Alakazam and are still OHKOed by Lele's Fight-Z.

======================

(click me!)

Only one Pokemon change, but I had to change a few sets to make the team as good as possible, and I definitely think it's better than the initial version. Some Pokemon you have to watch out for are
, as it becomes scarier if Magnezone is removed due to no Rotom-W,
if you waste your Z-Move prematurely, and
if it manages to stay out of Knock Off range.

Hope you enjoy the team, and let me know if you have any questions! :toast:
Not sure about anyone else but I tested this and it seems to work quite well! Nice job Indigo!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)