RMT Nintendo Videogame Championship!

I've had maybe four days to make this team, it is doubles and will be played with the officially given rules for the championship. I am inexperienced at doubles, and have hardly done anything involving OU pokemon before, any crits and comments would be greatly appreciated. Here we go:

Weavile@ Focus sash
Pressure
Hasty nature
4hp/ 252 atk/ 252 spe atk

- Fake out
- Protect
-Ice shard
- Taunt

Bronzong@ Lum berry
Levitate
Sassy nature
252 hp/ 152 atk/ 8 def/ 96 spd

- Gyro ball
- Trick room
- Hypnosis
- Explosion

My leads. Weavile uses Fake out on the most daunting opponent while Bronzong hopefully pulls off a trick room. Weavile will survive the first round almost certainly, and taunts anything that needs taunting before dying. Bronzong will either keep going as Weavile taunts or explode as he protects. I can also switch weavile out for Dusknoir if its safe, and bronzong can still safely explode.

Dusknoir@ leftovers
Pressure
Relaxed nature
252 hp/ 252 def/ 4 spd

-Trick room
- Pain split ( Replace with Dark Pulse?)
- Shadow sneak
- Will-o-wisp

He comes out whenever he can and will hopefully not have to set up trick room again right away. I wanted pain split because I wanted him to last as long as possible, but now I'm thinking I need a little more power. Burn anything that needs burning and hopefully last more than three turns. Explosion won't affect him if he's in with Bronzong.

Snorlax@ sitrus berry
Thick fat
Sassy nature
Evs are as of now undecided. Suggestions would be great, thanks.

-Belly drum
-Flamethrower
-Thunderbolt
-Body slam

Basically "Hello, I'm here to wipe up the mess," Belly drum if I can get it in. Is there anything better than sitrus berry? Anyway, a bunch of attacks for coverage and body slam for stab and stellar hax paralysis. Help me fix him up if he needs fixing. He comes in when needed if needed. I have to be very careful, a he can't restore health.

And thats that. Let me know what I've done wrong and what I've done right.

Don't have time for a full rate, but the only thing I can say right now is that your team seriously lacks power. I'm serious. Your Weavile doesn't have much in the way in attacks (on a separate note, Weavile should be Jolly with 216 Spd and 40 HP--why does your Weavile have Sp. Atk EVs, anyway?--and I honestly believe having Taunt and Fake Out on the same set is a bit much; I'd rather go Taunt in order to reliably shut down the opponent's set up since Weavile's ridiculously fast anyways), Bronzong can't do much outside of blowing up, and Dusknoir, even with a positive nature and 252 Atk EVs, doesn't really do much damage to anything. Snorlax is really your only powerhouse here and his nature and moveset are all wrong (Flamethrower and Thunderbolt don't benefit from Belly Drum).

So, what can you do? I'd suggest nixing Fake Out on Weavile and replacing it with Night Slash, possibly even getting rid of Protect for another attack as well. Second, I would drop Bronzong and move Dusknoir into his place so that way you have a Trick Roomer immune to Fake Out and Explosion--but don't run Pain Split, it sucks. I'd prefer Brick Break or Imprision or Psych Up or something (although if you run the latter, I would suggest a more offenensive-minded spread and dropping WoW for another attack). Snorlax just needs to be tweaked; give 'im a brave nature, replace Flamethrower and Thunderbolt for physical attacks--I'm thinking Crunch and maybe EQ--and you're golden. That leaves you with one last poke to fill in your team, and something special based wouldn't hurt. You could try Slowbro/king or Camerupt or Cacturne or something to the sort. Conversely, you could go with a physical sweeper and give them Psych Up to copy Snorlax's +6 boost. There's Slowbro/king (lol) but also Tangrowth (gives you a good EQ resist, although you don't wanna run Chlorophyll), or Regirock if it's allowed (gives you a good Fire resist and has great defenses).

Thank you so much, I've next to no experience with OU and doubles. I'd really rather not lose Fake out on Weavile, its too useful in doubles. I have replaced protect with night slash, I'm not sure what I was really thinking with him.

Dusknoir is swapping out pain split for Brick Break (Never realized how much I needed this)

Snorlax now has Belly Drum, crunch, EQ, and Body Slam.

At this point I can't really swap out Bronzong. I don't have enough time to breed and train another pokemon, as the VGC is on Saturday. I also don't like the thought of losing Explosion. It seems almost essential in doubles.

You don't know how helpful this was, I'm rather stressed because I'm basically cramming to finish my training.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)