SV OU RMT OU Trick Room(with explanations)

Hey everyone I just recently got back into gen9 more seriously and this is a solid Trick-room OU team that's racked me lots of wins. I'm currently hovering around 1600(source is I made it tf up). No team is truly perfect and im sure I can still improve a lil bit with this one so lmk what u guys think. Heres my team I guess:

Cresselia @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Trick Room
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Lunar Dance

Cresselia I find a solid trick room user with the ability to set up screens. It also is a powerful check against Great Tusk and you're only check against ground moves. Setting Screens is the most solid way to start a trick room and reliably switch out to your damage dealers. I often recommend settings screens first before, starting trick room to get the prolong TR. Lunar Dance is really clutch to regenerate hp to ur damaged mons or to switch out to not stall out trick room. Note lunar dance removes ursualunas burning. Careful against taunt users with cress.

Glastrier @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Chilling Neigh
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Brave Nature
- Close Combat
- Tera Blast
- Swords Dance
- Icicle Crash
This is one of your valuable sweepers that doesn't really get checked by anything in the meta. 90% of the time you should tera Him and get boosts. Tera Electric is the best as elec,ice has few checks and defensively the least amount of weaknesses(ground). Don't be afraid to lead with him against most mons, as he's bulky enough to 1v1 most mons and discourage hazard setters or just get tons of free damage. Also you can later revive him with cresselias lunar dance.

Ursaluna @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
Haha, facade go brrr. You have to actually be a little more smart and predictable with this as many teams cant switch predict him to nullify his power. But if they really have no checks against eq or facade than just spam as much as possible. Sub and SD I use to punish switch outs. I have tera ghost to punish fighting users. I don't use tera normal/ground as nothing will require 3 hits or more. I'm thinking of replacing sub with another damage move, but im not sure what tbh.

Slowking-Galar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Bug
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Eerie Spell
- Trick Room
- Flamethrower
- Chilly Reception
Another trick room user, with valuable utility and offers spdef compared to cress mostly tanking def. Eerie spell is useful against many mons and its ability to reduce pp is valuable against stallers. Regenerator is such a great ability as after it regens hp for more and more trick rooms. Flamethrower is another useful coverage move. Chilly reception is a really useful pivot move ,esp to switch out to glastrier and boost its def, and also to troll weather teams. LMK if I should replace him with slowbro or slowking or some other random trick roomer. Slowking-galar should not run dumb wear-down utility moves like toxic, toxic sp or slack off as I want to kill with my sweepers and get this mon tf out as soon asap.

Kingambit @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Swords Dance
- Kowtow Cleave
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
I'm mostly utilizing kingambit more of a pivot for it typing and ability to check. It is a slow dude so it makes good use of trick room however its unlikely he'll be one of the last alive. LMK if I should run low kick somewhere or tera-blast.

Skeledirge @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 188 SpD
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Torch Song
- Shadow Ball
- Slack Off
Another solid glue mon. Great typing and solid ability. He can definitely start sweeping after a couple of songs and could 1v1 most mons. Will-o-wisp is not used as I'm not looking to slowly wear their mons, I want to kill as much as possible and soon as possible.

General Strategy:
-Often start leading with glastrier as it can kill and get lots of free damage and discourage hazards and taunters.(also tera aggressively)
-If presented good opturntities switch to ur TR's and set screens/chill rec tf out.
-go to bear or horse 90% and reap ur free kills
-Lunar dancing ur mons(mostly bear and horse)
-Be resourceful with ur mons but dont try to act smart and switch in,switch out spam and damage ur sweepers or get threatened by setup, Its ok to sac and get reset for another TR

Further notes/info:
-Most stat distributions are from smogon, and could be optimized prolly
- This team has no hazard removers, but to mitigate for this basically, everyone has boots, and also leading aggressively can limit the amount of hazards set
-This team only has 1.5 special attackers(dirge and slowking-gal) so it can be heavily threatened by iron-def body press spammers. Make sure to preserve dirge as much as possible or aggressively threaten them first with the bear and the horse.
-I tried Enamorous(slow one) instead of skeledirge but tbh, shes kinda shit.
-I considered using hatterene instead of slowking but I feel like also she does more is have healing wish. Magic-bounce useless as said team not very weak against hazards and everyone is running sam-his.
-if u wanna recommend replacements, bear,horse and cress all stay. Everyone else could be replaced.

Thanks for reading this far I guess and tell me im not cooking with this team.

I would look into swapping slowking-h for slowking-k purely to cover some of your defensive weaknesses.

Also, sub on ursalune for fire punch to get at corv, ghold, and the like.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)