RMT (pre pokebank): Uhh... Brain or Brawn?

Can you have two mega Pokemon on a team?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Team Mega Lucario/Mega Alakazam

Hello people! I’m Brad, nice to meet you all. I’m here and posting my first legitimate competitive team ever! Although I do have to note that I have played a fair amount of Pokémon Online in BW and BW2. It’s great that gamefreak has made competitive battling so much more user friendly for people like me who wanted to competitive battle, but couldn’t begin to understand how to just jump into an intense metagame. Anyways, take a look and bear with me!

This team focuses on two great gifts received in this gen. Their names are mega lucario and mega alakazam. The synergy they have and the mind games they create, make it difficult for opponents to come out on top.

Luc

Lucario @ lucarionite
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Inner Focus (adaptability)
EV: hp 4 atk 252 spd 252
Moves: Swords Dance
Close Combat
Extremespeed
Crunch

Being one of the most powerful and versatile mega evolution available, it’s easy to see why lucario will have an entire team devoted to him. This set mimics his old SD set of BW2 and DPP, can still be used to great affect its great coverage, power, and few weaknesses. Swords dance to boost luc’s attack to insane levels. Close combat has incredible power with adaptability and his massive attack stat. backing it up. Extremespeed picks off anything faster than it, and IMO is generally more useful than bullet punch. Crunch to round out the coverage to hit Aegishlash and others who resist CC and ES very hard. All in all, it’s a very cool and scary Pokémon.

Ala

Alakazam @ Alakazamite
Nature: timid
Ability: Magic Guard (trace)
EV: hp 4 sp atk 252 spd 252
Moves: Psyshock
Focus Blast
Shadow Ball
Substitute

If someone told me one of the most feared special attackers and revenge killers in BW2 OU would have a mega evolution, I would have disregarded the comment and told them to eat their pants. But I would be very wrong. Mega Alakazam is a monster. Psyshock and Focus Blast make it a potent wall breaker, revenge killer, and late game sweeper. Shadow Ball rounds its coverage and why wouldn’t you take advantage of the benefits of the new ghost type buff. This set literally has perfect coverage and I can’t think of anything that can take two hits from this thing. Substitute is the icing on the cake to ease prediction and give protection to this frail old man. (Mega alakazam and lucario are great teammates. The versatility to have two Pokémon who can play mind games with opponents and still function well out of mega evolution is amazing.)

Mr. Mence

Salamence @ life orb
Nature: naïve
Ability: intimidate
EV: atk 64 sp atk 192 spd 252
Moves: Draco meteor
Dragon claw
Fire Blast
Earthquake

Yes, I had to put him on. He’s way too good of a lucario partner for me not to use him. With intimidate support, ground immunity, fighting resistance, and fire resistance, salamence makes easy work of most Pokémon who give lucario trouble. His great special attack also removes or at least cripples physical walls like hipowdon. Draco meteor, fire blast, and EQ are standard on this set, but I like to run dragon claw on salamence for a couple reasons: to have the versatility mix mence needs and to avoid the dreaded fairy switch-in while committed to outrage.

Spinnie

Starmie @ life orb
Nature: timid
Ability: natural cure
EV: hp 4 sp atk 252 spd 252
Moves: Surf
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Rapid Spin

Since salamence is around, who doesn’t appreciate SR damage, and the new entry hazard stick web that has been introduced, it consistently solidifies starmie’s posion on mine and many other teams. I need starmie to be offensive here so he can take care of threats like garchomp, gyarados, skarmory, and gliscor, as they provide a problem for his teammates. Surf for perfect accuracy with boltbeam coverage to round it out. Of course, it needs rapid spin to keep the team alive from entry hazzards.

repTar

Tyranitar @ leftovers
Nature: sassy
Ability: sand stream
EV: hp 252 atk 4 sp def 252
Moves: Stealth Rock
Pursuit
Crunch
Fire Blast

This guy… He was originally a part of the roster as my gengar check, but it can’t muster up enough speed with choice scarf to trap the mega ghostly menace. Instead, TTar’s job on this team is to simply prvide as much support as it can with SR. Among that, it like to take electric type attacks for starmie, ghost type attacks for alakazam and fire type attacks for lucario. It can also hit those special attackers hard with crunch or trap them with pursuit after it absorbs their pitiful attacks. Fire blast is there for ferrothorn and scizor because their presence will be just as much or more in the new upcoming meta game.

Mr. Mamo

Mamoswine @ life orb
Nature: adamant
Ability: Oblivious
EV: hp 4 atk 252 spd 252
Moves: ice shard
Icicle crash
Eathquake
Stone edge

Say hello to my favorite Pokémon from the last gen. He sports massive attack, which aid him in his main role of wall breaking and hole punching. STAB EQ is silly strong, enough said. Along with it is the great ice STAB duo: ice shard and icicle crash. Stone edge is helpful with its perfect coverage with EQ. The real reason he’s here, besides him being a monster revenge killer, is his fantastic typing. This team has a huge weakness to paraphazing and mamo is here to help with that being immune to twave. It and starmie also comploment each other fairly well.

Strengths/Weaknesses

This team is good at making things switch because of all of its immediate offensive threats. Powerful mixed attackers, hole punchers, and a SD sweeper make it hard for opposing teams to stick with a balance strategy as it always keeps them on their toes. Stall and offensive teams will have no business messing around with the mega evolution versatility of this team. Check as you may, but you shall not counter my offensive pokes.

Weaknesses... As I said, para-phasing is a big problem for this team with mamoswine out of the mix. Also, threats like mega gengar, scizor, and TTar who can trap essential team members will cause havoc. Most importantly, this team must stay offensive and be the first to be offensive in order to keep momentum and have teammates live to fight for another switch-in. There are probably more too.

Conclusion

I had fun building this team and it almost reminds me of the better time when not everyone was running a weather team. And remember kids, the best offense is the best… uh offense!

Please let me know what you guys think! Again, this is my first post and I would really like some hardcore Pokémon criticism seeing that my team is defiantly not perfect lol

Thank you

Ditch the mega alazazam, it is not really better than its normal counter part, simply because it is not more powerful than a life orb alazazam, and it loses out on magic gaurd which is a great ability, by the way I would recomend giving alakazam a focus sash

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)