(M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 24 Atk/232 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Flamethrower
- Grass Knot
- Close Combat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Infernape is my main wall-breaker. He also fits in as a late-game sweeper. Standard set otherwise.

(F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def/80 SAtk/176 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave
- Wish
- Protect

Blissey is the main source of Special Defense for this team. Also used to slow things down with TWave.

@ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 160 HP/216 Spd/132 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Surf

Starmie provides Rapid Spin support for the team. It's also great at countering Garchomp, provided it isn't holding a Scarf.

@ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/128 Atk/128 SDef
Sassy nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Hypnosis
- Earthquake

Provides Stealth Rock and sleep support. Reflect is used to slow down some of the physical threats to this team.

(F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 216 HP/16 Atk/176 Def/100 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance
- Taunt
- Earthquake

Yeah I played this team a bit earlier.

I woud give Wish + Protect to blissey and keep ice beam and twave. Donphan lacks as a spiner/wall becuse of its lack of recovery, and you have no source of recovery for him on the team.

The Scarfdos is cool, but its not very effective. I think making gengar your lead (scarfed or not) and gyarados as maybe bulkyDDer would be better.

cool team otherwise! Love the metagross.

eh, Scarfchomp and garchomps in general can give you problems too. Donphan's health will chip away very fast taking Eq's and eventually outrages. Probably not that big of a problem. This goes the same for Lucario too. Since donphan walls noth them nicely, it needs to keep its HP! Give blissey wish

I think I'm going to replace Donphan with Starmie. Then, maybe MixedVire over MixApe? With Starmie, both it and Dos are drawing electric attacks.

I'm going to continue to test Scarf on Dos however. If it doesn't work, Gengar will take the lead spot (Scarf) and Dos will probably be standard.

Starmie would be okay... .but then you lose SR and some defensive coverage against like Ttar and Garchomp. But seriously try Wish on Blissey to keep Donphan alive better.

I see your reasoning for using Vire... I just think vire sucks lol :x And from what I saw you're pretty good with that nape hehe

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well with that in mind you could add Bronzong over Metagross and Starmie over Donphan. The only downside to this is you lose your Two Tyranitar counters, but, in place you get some solid support for nearly everything else:

- Infernape, Gyarados (should you use Thunderbolt on Starmie) and Mamoswine are effectively countered.
- You won't lose Rapid Spin coverage.
- Stealth Rock and the new addition of Hypnosis will be there for your use in Bronzong.

If you weigh out the two different ways to go about the team, you will find that Starmie and Bronzong will cover more than what Donphan and Metagross did.

Now because Lucario and Heracross aren't countered by any particular Pokemon, I would further advise Wish on Blissey (as Mystica suggested) but not for Donphan (with the above changes in mind, he won't be in the team), but for Gyarados instead. I will be honest though that Gyarados isn't a great Heracross counter, nor Lucario for that matter. One Stone Edge from Heracross on that Gyarados with them EVs (that aren't focused on Defense and HP as much as they could be) will end up being nothing but trouble for your team. However, if Heracross' not locked into Close Combat / Megahorn, then it can only spell good news for you. You're always welcome to use Gliscor and Starmie over Donphan and Infernape / Gyarados / Metagross / Gengar.

Basically, it's about reducing the threats to your team by sacraficing Pokemon that don't counter anything specifically.

I went with some of the things you guys suggested. Defense-wise, this team looks so much better. I still have a feeling that electric attacks are going to give me trouble however.

Most Electric attacks are special so I wouldn't worry about it.

Electrivire could be a problem, since only Bronzong is a true switch in and it can only sit there and soak up the hits. Maybe you could give Bronzong Earthquake?

Don't get me wrong though, vire isn't exactly going destroy your whole team, I just think it'd be a lot easier for you if you went with EQ.

Most Electric attacks are special so I wouldn't worry about it.

Electrivire could be a problem, since only Bronzong is a true switch in and it can only sit there and soak up the hits. Maybe you could give Bronzong Earthquake?

Don't get me wrong though, vire isn't exactly going destroy your whole team, I just think it'd be a lot easier for you if you went with EQ.
Most electric attacks being special means Blissey is the one taking all the hits. Everyone else is too fragile (besides Bronzong) and as you said, it doesn't have much to counter with.

I will most likely go with EQ on Zong as Reflect hasn't been much help from what I've seen. Earthquake might also help with a little Lucario weakness I just found.

----------------------------

Other then that, I've found a slight weakness to ResTalk Cune once I've lost Infernape. Even with Infernape, it's risky getting in safetly.

If you went with the standard Bulkydos, you could pose an immediate threat to Suicune with Taunt/Dragon Dance. Hate to ruin your unconventionality there, but I think it'd be best for the team overall.

Unfortunetly, you're right. I've been wanting to make that change for a while but I thought I little more testing would help. Gyarados will become standard and Gengar will move into the lead spot.

Now, should I go with Specs or Scarf on Gar?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)