[RMT] Switch Force Team Revealed

Background
So what began as a random shoddy idea eventually evolved into a wifi team which I have been using for months. As described in the title, this is a team designed to force an incredible number of switches to keep the opponent on his toes. While switching is the most powerful mechanic in pokemon, the aim of my team is to make it in-effective for my opponent.

Overview
I dislike using predictable Leads/Support/Sweepers so I will be using a larger amount of BL pokemon then normal (And yeah this is a team I play in OU a lot). Although they might have stronger OU counterparts, I find that they make up for it by being less easy to read. Here is my team at a glance.

Up Close

Timid / Volt Absorb @ Leftovers
252 SpA / 252 Speed / 4 HP
~Substitute
~HP Ice
~Thunderbolt
~Baton Pass

I lead with Jolteon because it's always been safe. It's extremely fast and it can set up a sub for scouting. If they switch Jolteon can pass it to someone else, or just get a free hit in. Jolteon won't stay in for long however, but that is fine as Volt absorb is a great switch-in trick which I can abuse later with some prediction.

Calm / Clear Body @ Black Sludge
204 HP / 92 SpA / 172 SpD / 40 Spd
~Toxic Spikes
~Rapid Spin
~Ice Beam
~Surf

My team completely relies on Tentacruel. It sets up toxic spikes, spins away enemy traps, and takes special hits nicely. I did not put HP electric on it because Jolteon is a stronger electric user. Tentacruel and Leafeon are a simple and useful wall combo (Although not unbeatable by any means).

Impish / Leafguard @ Leftovers
196 HP / 92 Attack / 72 Speed / 150 Defense

~Wish
~Leaf Blade
~Yawn
~Protect

Leafeon, like tentacruel is another key feature in this team. Leafeon really is the king in forcing switches because of two things. For one he covers for many of Tentacruels weaknesses well. He takes Earthquakes like a champ, the damage is a joke. He can switch into thunderbolts too if Jolteon is down as backup. His weakness to fire and Ice are also handily covered by tentacruel. I have to give credit to Anti for this because I read a little analysis he did of this combo and I found it to be effective. The second reason is that the movelist is something special. Wish is an extremely useful heal on this team because tentacruel lacks one. Yawn is great for forcing a switch, and protect works great with Yawn/Wish so I can bypass that "waiting" turn. Protect is also good just because I can leech some lefties and toxic spike damage, or simply scout an attack. Leafblade always 2HKO's TTar, and it probably (65%) will OHKO even the bulkiest of Swampert. Overall Leafeon is going to add some sturdiness to my team.

Adamant / Thick Fat @ Choice Band
168 HP / 252 Atk / 90 SpD
~Pursuit
~Focus Punch
~Fire Punch
~Body Slam

Snorlax is a Heavy Hitter, but his set requires a lot of prediction. Pursuit is great for trapping fragile ghosts, Fire punch can actually deal respectable damage to skarmory and many other steels, Body Slam is nice for STAB and a high paralysis chance which is annoying. Finally, Focus Punch is a guessing game move, if you start it on the switch whoever comes in is going to feel pain. Snorlax can also stand up to a few special hits too with this bulky spread. I would say I use him mainly to kill Gengars. Although that is just one thing he can do, I find myself doing it like every other shoddy battle I play. He can also help leafeon with thickfat absorbing flamethrowers, and Ice Beams. Sometimes he can Focus Punch from behind a Jolteon sub if I plan it correctly, although that is something random which I should never see in a serious battle.

Adamant / Technician @ Choice Scarf
252 ATK / 252 Speed / 4 HP
~Aerial Ace
~U Turn
~Pursuit
~Brick Break

Why would I use scyther? Well when do we see him anymore, people are so hyped with bullet punch Scizor that poor scyther is forgotten. Fortunately this works to his advantage because no one will see him coming. With a scarf this guy is fast, he can easily sweep a weakened team with technician boosted Aerial Ace. If he would rather have someone else do his work, U Turn away to a counter. Having 2 Pursuit users is fun, especially when scyther covers for snorlax (LOL!). He takes fighting attacks well depsite his frail stats, and snorlax can take the fire for him in return.

Relaxed / Torrent @ Leftovers
240 HP / 216 Def / 52 SpA
~Earthquake
~Hydro Pump
~Stealth Rock
~Roar

Finally Swampert is included to fill in a few gaps. He can set up SR to compliment toxic spikes, and he can Pseudo Haze to boot. Roar is also painful when things switch into Tspikes and SR again and again. He stands up to Mixape who could wreck havoc, and he can cover for the few outstanding threats to my team. Mainly Skarmory and Heatran come to mind, although there are a few others I can't think of. Skarmory especially because he could wall my large pool of physical attackers.

Conclusion
For a team made of many second best options, it does fairly well. It can definitely force a TON of switches which I abuse with SR/Tspikes. I would appreciate some good rates because one mind can not possibly think of all the flaws and weaknesses possible to a team. Although you may not believe me I have never lost a battle on wifi or shoddy with this team, although I rarely use it on shoddy to keep it secret. I don't have to worry about that anymore because I expect platinum to change everything anyways.

If anyone ever used Heracross with Earthquake (for Tentacruel, not really Jolteon), slapped on a Scarf or a quick agility boost, he would almost completely annihilate the team with the exception of that darn scarved Scyther. But when you think about switching, Scyther dies after a few Stealth Rock entries and gets OHKOed if he happens to switch in on one of Heracross' Stone Edge's.

I'm pretty sure Pursuit+Fire Punch is an illegal combination on Snorlax. Try replacing one of with Crunch or Earthquake. If you chose Crunch I would replace Focus Punch with Earthquake since Focus Punch is somewhat of a 1 time only move, and your opponent will expect it next time around.

@ Havoc - Yeah Heracross was the reason why I included scyther, Do note that Scyther cleans him pretty well and I do absolutely need to keep the enemy SR off the field. I usually can do so with tenty before Hera shows up. Any other reccomendations on Hera?

@ Faint - I can have both pursuit and Fire punch thanks to the new tutors in platinum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)