Gen 4 (RMT) The Blue Shower

The Blue Shower

Introduction

Yo. Welcome to the bluer experience you'll ever live. Today i'm gonna present you my main dpp team, built for the smogon tour 16 and which worked pretty well. My goal was simple : build an HO which always keeps the momentum and which doesn't let any set-up for the opponent. That had to follow this plan : a powerful anti-lead which has a nice match-up against everything, a support with SR + Roar / Explosion to avoid set-ups, three all-out mons and a late game sweeper. Agility Zapdos was the first choice but after a lot of reworkings, Empoleon replaced Bird Jesus.

The Team

Steel / Psy
Ability :
Clear Body
Item : Lum Berry
Nature : Adamant
EVs : 248 HP / 152 Atk / 96 SDef / 12 Spd
Meteor Mash | Bullet Punch | Earthquake | Explosion

Why Lum Berry ?
Sleep leads aren't common but they're still annoying. Furthermore, I have Swampert if the opponent leads with Heatran / Infernape. I don't care about Dragonite knowing that I can take a Fire Blast with my spread. Machamp is no longer a prob btw.

Why no SR ?
4 attacks lead is simply the best DPP OU lead *-*

Lead matchups
Aerodactyl : lol
Azelf : can be what he wants i dgaf
Dragonite : Explosion, see ya.
Froslass : lol
Heatran : Swampert.
Hippowdon : Explosion, see ya.
Jirachi : lol
Infernape : Swampert.
Machamp : lol
Roserade : a simple tspike is annoying but in this situation i kill her and i'm full HP.
Smeargle : (cf. roserade)
Starmie : Explosion, see ya.
Tyranitar : lol !
Zapdos : Swampert.

Water / Ground
Ability :
Torrent
Item : Leftovers
Nature : Relaxed
EVs : 252 HP / 216 Def / 42 SDef
Stealth Rock | Earthquake | Ice Beam | Roar
Other options :
/​

Swampert can be considered as an intruder in this team but he's working as my "pillar" who can take a lot of hits. He's very useful, especially against physical offensive teams. His ground immunity forces a Scarf Rotom-W to do something else than Thunderbolt so this is good for Empoleon. If Kingdra is dead, his fire resistance become indispensable to tank ScarfTran's Fire Blasts.

Dragon / Water
Ability :
Swift Swim
Item : Life Orb
Nature : Modest
EVs : 72 HP / 8 Def / 252 SAtk / 12 SDef / 164 Spd
Rain Dance | Hydro Pump | Dragon Pulse | Signal Beam
Other options :
Ice Beam, Waterfall, Outrage​

Good mon alert! A poor random offense (like remedy's ones) can't do anything against him. He's my main switch to Starmie and his main goal is to weaken waters like Suicune / Gyarados with Dragon Pulse (I hate Draco Meteor). His double fire resistance is amazing because i can set-up him 2ezli against ScarfTran. Signal Beam is probably not the best choice (especially in this team) but I love to OHKO Celebi and to weaken Starmie without using Hydro Miss. I think Outrage is the best option (over SBeam) but I have to low his defense to use it so it sucks :{ EVs to outspeed Jolly Flygon under rain and 72 HP for a life orb number blablabla (thanks bkc!)

Psy
Ability :
Levitate
Nature : Naïve
EVs : 32 Atk / 252 SAtk / 224 Spd
Psychic | Fire Blast | Hidden Power Fighting | Explosion
Other options :
Hidden Power Ground​

Azelf as a non-lead mon is not very common. He's however a very interesting sweeper for my team, working like Gengar, with his high speed and his ability which is needed to force Scarf Flygon to do something else than EQ. Against stall teams, his goal is to lure Scarf Tyranitar with HP Fight / Explosion, this gives me the chance to do some damages with Gengar. The spread is made to outspeed 216 Speed EVs Starmie, Gengar etc.

Ghost / Poison
Ability :
Levitate
Nature : Hasty
EVs : 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Shadow Ball | Focus Blast | Thunderbolt | Explosion
Other options :
Substitute​

Insofar as any grass type can come easily against Swampert, the amazing Gengar is my switch to Shaymin / Breloom (if swampert is asleep) / Celebi (I have to be careful, he can Psychic / TWave) and a good answer to Infernape / Lucario. As for Azelf, Levitate is very important in order to force the opposing Flygon to Outrage. Thunderbolt is for bulky waters and Careful Skarmory who can be annoying. Explosion is for Blissey and for any potential dangerous set-up (DDNite for example).

Water / Steel
Ability :
Torrent
Item : Petaya Berry
Nature : Timid
EVs : 12 HP / 24 Def / 252 SAtk / 24 SDef / 196 Spd
Agility | Substitute | Hydro Pump | Ice Beam
Other options :
Modest Nature (with 12 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 240 Spd)​

IT'S TIME TO TAKE A SHOWER HAHAHA ! It's obviously the star of the show(er), the team has been built to ease his set-up. I won't repeat how amazing this pokemon is, i would just like to say that the spread allows him to outspeed Adamant Scarf Flygon and Scarf Rotom-A after an Agility. Between Surf and Hydro Miss, the choice isn't obvious but once Torrent and the Petaya are both activate, the damages are too differents and Pump become the best option. Btw, Kingdra's rain can be useful to get another STAB with Hydro.

Importable
Metagross @ Lum Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Atk / 96 SDef / 12 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
- Explosion

Swampert (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SDef
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Kingdra (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 72 HP / 8 Def / 252 SAtk / 12 SDef / 164 Spd
Modest Nature
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Dragon Pulse
- Signal Beam

Gengar (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Explosion

Azelf @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 32 Atk / 252 SAtk / 224 Spd
Naive Nature
- Psychic
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Explosion

Empoleon (M) @ Petaya Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 12 HP / 24 Def / 252 SAtk / 24 SDef / 196 Spd
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Agility
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

Threats

Abomasnow : fuck you
ScarfTar + Blissey : fuck you
Vaporeon : fuck you
Cradily (Curse) : fuck you
Weavile : fuck you

Conclusion

sd infernape fixes everything on your threatlist!! definitely use this quality pokemon to fix your issues

you could probably throw toxic > roar / signal beam on swampert / kingdra and surprise a lot of abomasnows/vaporeons... which would make an empoleon sweep a lot easier.

perhaps colbur azelf would make it easier to defeat ttar (and lol weavile), losing the power of lo sucks but you wont miss the recoil and remember that sash zelf is pretty strong anyway...

vs cradily teams: kill the ttar/hippo, use rain dance, and barrage it with focus blast/ice beam that it wont be able to tank as easily without the sdef boost! 2ez

I always liked this team. It owns those solid bulky teams with only 1/2 water resists, and if one of those water resists is a Reflect Starmie it is usually game over for them.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)