SV OU RMT Ting-Lu and Great Tusk combo, any advice or recommendations would be great

Hi, just wondering what your thoughts on this team build is? I want to centre it mostly around a defensive ting-Lu and offensive Great tusk, have been working on this team for a few weeks with help from some friends but I’m pretty new to competitive pokemon, so just looking for any advice and/or changes that could improve this team, thanks

Ting-Lu @ Leftovers
Ability: Vessel of Ruin
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Ruination
- Whirlwind

Ting-lu is my main hazard setter with stealth rocks and spikes, whirlwind allows it to swap out a bad match up while also making good use of stealth rocks, ruination is also there as a decent attacking option

Great Tusk @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Headlong Rush
- Close Combat
- Ice Spinner
- Rapid Spin

great tusk is the attacking ground type I’ve added, with max Atk and speed and jolly nature to hopefully our speed a few mons, with headlong rush and close combat as nukes while icespinner to help take care of the likes of landorus, plus rapid spin to remove any hazards for the rest of my team

Baxcalibur @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Thermal Exchange
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Icicle Spear
- Glaive Rush
- Earthquake

I really like baxcalibur, especially with loaded dice and icicle spear, glaive rush and earthquake for a strong coverage move along with dragon dance to help it out speed a few more mon

Enamorus @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Cute Charm
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Mystical Fire

I live CM Ebamorus as well to just spam moon blast, but it also has the option for earth power and mystical fire depending on the match up, terra steel should help it a bit defensively if needed so it can help sweep through a few mons

Gholdengo @ Life Orb
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt

Gholdengo with life orb and nasty plot should give it a massive special attack stat to help it sweep along with Enamorus and baxcalibur, make it rain is a massive nuke, for which nasty plot will not only give it a boost but also offset its sp Atk drop, while shadow ball with terra ghost should also provide an excellent ghost attack with thunderbolt for coverage

Slowking-Galar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Psychic
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Chilling Water
- Future Sight
- Slack Off

This is the one spot I can’tseem to decide on, I’ve looked at putting toxapex and glimmora here along with many others, but can’t seem to make a choice, I’ve given it assault vest andso def to help make it bulky to help it set toxic spikes up while alsousing future sight, plus I gave it recover to help it last longer in battle,

Thanks heaps, any advice/ratings or recommendations are welcome

Attachments

A great team for a new player! You have a pretty good core already, but there can be some improvements. I'll do my best to not completely change the team to the point of where its unrecognizable but still improve it! Here are some General Improvements for the team.

General Improvements:

Set Changes:

Change :Gholdengo:'s set from what you are using right now to :air-balloon: set. :Gholdengo: is not a very fast sweeper as a 293 speed stat is nothing compared to the high speed of the current meta. :air-balloon: Helps out much more with what your team idea is (:Ting-Lu: hazard stack). Your :Gholdengo: is under alot of stress to keep hazards up with its Good as Gold ability. With it not being bulky and also getting chipped down from its own :life-orb:, :great-tusk: can just Eq/Knock-off predicting :Gholdengo: on the switch killing it/getting it really low. Air balloon solves this with it blocking rapid spin and being immune eq as well. to Here is a rundown of the :air-balloon: set. I prefer a bulkier :air-balloon: set but I'll recommend you the offensive set so you can still dish out damage like the original set. Make it Rain and Shadow Ball are on this set as you still want to deal damage. Nasty Plot is also on this set as you can still go for sweeps on slower teams and is a great move for predicting switches and Recover to keep you healthy and is also good for predicting switches as your opponent groans as the 70% they worked for is mostly healed back.

:Gholdengo:'s new epic set ---> https://pokepast.es/6e5fc85065da96b9

Change :Slowking-Galar:'s set from what you have now to the standard pivot set. Right now, your set is a bit of a mess. I'm sure that you forgot but when you put an :assault vest: on a pokemon, It can only use attacking moves. With what you have now, it looks like more of a support :Slowking-Galar:. I will link 2 sets below, but I will recommend the Pivot set the most because thats what your :Slowking-Galar: looks like the most right now. Here is a rundown of the Pivot set. Future Sight to force switches to a dark type/resist, Its really good if you Future Sight, Switch out to a phys attacker like :Baxcalibur: or :great-tusk: putting the opponent's defences in a bind. For example, you might force in :kingambit: with the Future-Sight and then knowing this, you can switch into :great-tusk: and go for a CC. Chilly Reception is for a slow pivot (which is always great) into one of your strong pokemon like :Enamorus:. And Recover for Stalling out attacks. Sludge Bomb is a good attacking move as getting PSN secondary effect is horrible for some mons on switch in and can hit fairys like :iron-valiant: This set is EVed for max bulk (hp) and max phys bulk. :Slowking-Galar:'s Spd is already really good but you could change it to be even more bulky on the SPD side of you are going to only be using it for SPD attacks but I recommend you keeping it as a mixed wall because you are running offensive :great-tusk: and :ting-lu: doesn't have a good recovery option besides leftovers. So its good to have one wall to do it all. Its regenerator ability helps keep it alive as well as its nice recovery with Recover. Tera Flying is to be immune to Eq and also :heavy-duty-boots: is to be immune to all hazards even after Tera flying. Down below is the set I described and also the :assault-vest: set.

:Slowking-Galar:'s 2 new sets. ---> https://pokepast.es/6200c54ae0f40bdb

Small Changes:
Change :great-tusk:'s item from :rocky-helmet: to :heavy-duty-boots: . If you are running offensive :great-tusk: then you should use :heavy-duty-boots: instead because :great-tusk: is not as bulky as it normally is and getting chipped by hazards really shows the loss in bulk.

Change :Baxcalibur:'s Eq to Ice Shard. Your team is pretty slow as you only have one mon that is 300+ speed before setup and can be easily killed by a :choice-scarf: user like :Meowscarada: or :cinderace:. Ice shard helps hit dragapult and priority is always good in a clinch. While you are mostly walled by steel types, you have :great-tusk: for a reason.

Notes:

Your team is pretty slow

Your team is pretty weak to :Zamazenta:. Ofc you can still deal with it but you are going to burn alot of resources to do it. Here are some counter play examples.

Tera :ting-lu: to poison and Whirlwinding :zamazenta: out. You should make sure that you keep :ting-lu: alive to deal with :zamazenta:.

If that is not available, then you can try to kill it with :enamorus: but be aware of its tera type as that can be a matter of a win or a loss. You can also try to force a tera with :Slowking-Galar:'s Future Sight or break sub but be aware of crunch as most :zamazenta: run crunch.

You are also pretty weak to :Samurott-hisui:

:focus-sash: lead :Samurott-hisui: with taunt or in general beats :ting-lu:. Super effective stab from :Samurott-hisui: hits hard and also it hits your :great-tusk: super-effectively. Ceaseless-Edge hits :slowking-galar: super-effectively too. It also can beat :enamorus: 1v1 with a water-type move and then aqua-jet for a kill. Your best bet is to moonblast with :enamorus: switch into :Great-tusk: and rapid spin. Watch out for different sets of :Samurott-hisui: as :choice-scarf: is also a common set. Make sure to read the team preview and infer from there.

Your team is also weak to rain in general.

With these changes, you should be good to go! Have fun on ladder with this team and Go get em!

A great team for a new player! You have a pretty good core already, but there can be some improvements. I'll do my best to not completely change the team to the point of where its unrecognizable but still improve it! Here are some General Improvements for the team.

General Improvements:

Set Changes:

Change :Gholdengo:'s set from what you are using right now to :air-balloon: set. :Gholdengo: is not a very fast sweeper as a 293 speed stat is nothing compared to the high speed of the current meta. :air-balloon: Helps out much more with what your team idea is (:Ting-Lu: hazard stack). Your :Gholdengo: is under alot of stress to keep hazards up with its Good as Gold ability. With it not being bulky and also getting chipped down from its own :life-orb:, :great-tusk: can just Eq/Knock-off predicting :Gholdengo: on the switch killing it/getting it really low. Air balloon solves this with it blocking rapid spin and being immune eq as well. to Here is a rundown of the :air-balloon: set. I prefer a bulkier :air-balloon: set but I'll recommend you the offensive set so you can still dish out damage like the original set. Make it Rain and Shadow Ball are on this set as you still want to deal damage. Nasty Plot is also on this set as you can still go for sweeps on slower teams and is a great move for predicting switches and Recover to keep you healthy and is also good for predicting switches as your opponent groans as the 70% they worked for is mostly healed back.

:Gholdengo:'s new epic set ---> https://pokepast.es/6e5fc85065da96b9

Change :Slowking-Galar:'s set from what you have now to the standard pivot set. Right now, your set is a bit of a mess. I'm sure that you forgot but when you put an :assault vest: on a pokemon, It can only use attacking moves. With what you have now, it looks like more of a support :Slowking-Galar:. I will link 2 sets below, but I will recommend the Pivot set the most because thats what your :Slowking-Galar: looks like the most right now. Here is a rundown of the Pivot set. Future Sight to force switches to a dark type/resist, Its really good if you Future Sight, Switch out to a phys attacker like :Baxcalibur: or :great-tusk: putting the opponent's defences in a bind. For example, you might force in :kingambit: with the Future-Sight and then knowing this, you can switch into :great-tusk: and go for a CC. Chilly Reception is for a slow pivot (which is always great) into one of your strong pokemon like :Enamorus:. And Recover for Stalling out attacks. Sludge Bomb is a good attacking move as getting PSN secondary effect is horrible for some mons on switch in and can hit fairys like :iron-valiant: This set is EVed for max bulk (hp) and max phys bulk. :Slowking-Galar:'s Spd is already really good but you could change it to be even more bulky on the SPD side of you are going to only be using it for SPD attacks but I recommend you keeping it as a mixed wall because you are running offensive :great-tusk: and :ting-lu: doesn't have a good recovery option besides leftovers. So its good to have one wall to do it all. Its regenerator ability helps keep it alive as well as its nice recovery with Recover. Tera Flying is to be immune to Eq and also :heavy-duty-boots: is to be immune to all hazards even after Tera flying. Down below is the set I described and also the :assault-vest: set.

:Slowking-Galar:'s 2 new sets. ---> https://pokepast.es/6200c54ae0f40bdb

Small Changes:
Change :great-tusk:'s item from :rocky-helmet: to :heavy-duty-boots: . If you are running offensive :great-tusk: then you should use :heavy-duty-boots: instead because :great-tusk: is not as bulky as it normally is and getting chipped by hazards really shows the loss in bulk.

Change :Baxcalibur:'s Eq to Ice Shard. Your team is pretty slow as you only have one mon that is 300+ speed before setup and can be easily killed by a :choice-scarf: user like :Meowscarada: or :cinderace:. Ice shard helps hit dragapult and priority is always good in a clinch. While you are mostly walled by steel types, you have :great-tusk: for a reason.

Notes:

Your team is pretty slow

Your team is pretty weak to :Zamazenta:. Ofc you can still deal with it but you are going to burn alot of resources to do it. Here are some counter play examples.

Tera :ting-lu: to poison and Whirlwinding :zamazenta: out. You should make sure that you keep :ting-lu: alive to deal with :zamazenta:.

If that is not available, then you can try to kill it with :enamorus: but be aware of its tera type as that can be a matter of a win or a loss. You can also try to force a tera with :Slowking-Galar:'s Future Sight or break sub but be aware of crunch as most :zamazenta: run crunch.

You are also pretty weak to :Samurott-hisui:

:focus-sash: lead :Samurott-hisui: with taunt or in general beats :ting-lu:. Super effective stab from :Samurott-hisui: hits hard and also it hits your :great-tusk: super-effectively. Ceaseless-Edge hits :slowking-galar: super-effectively too. It also can beat :enamorus: 1v1 with a water-type move and then aqua-jet for a kill. Your best bet is to moonblast with :enamorus: switch into :Great-tusk: and rapid spin. Watch out for different sets of :Samurott-hisui: as :choice-scarf: is also a common set. Make sure to read the team preview and infer from there.

Your team is also weak to rain in general.

With these changes, you should be good to go! Have fun on ladder with this team and Go get em!
Thankyou soo much!!! I’ll get those changes sorted out,
And yeah I completely forget assault vest only allows damaging moves, oops ;)
Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)