RNG Abuse (Cheating?)

Okay this is officially the stupidest thing you have said. So the noobs who try to catch pokemon who only appear at a certain time of the day are cheating too?
so you dont change the time an date on your ds where you RNG? BTW calm down its a video game... no need to call people stupid...

so you dont change the time an date on your ds where you RNG? BTW calm down its a video game... no need to call people stupid...
I didn't call you stupid, what you said was stupid.

Yes, you do change the date and time. But that's not cheating.

muffinhead

b202 wifi vgc
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
isnt the fact that you manipulate the time on the DS a off set to anyone? thats kinda borderline cheating if one you catch the pokemon at a date before the game was released, or catch one on a date that hasnt even happened yet.
The thing is, DSes were made so that years / time / date were changeable. this still means that changing this does not violate what the DS / game is programmed to do. The Pokemon in question is still 100% legit. I'm pretty sure you can compete in a competition even if the year on your DS says 0, hahah.
Okay this is officially the stupidest thing you have said. So the noobs who try to catch pokemon who only appear at a certain time of the day are cheating too?
This is not cheating either, sarcasm aside. In fact, it's even harder to RNG Pokemon whose encounter slots change based on time of day.
/me glares at Scyther

yes designed to change the date because not every bought and turned on the DSi, DS, ect at the same time. I'm sure they didnt do it that way so that people could later manipulate games on the system...

yes designed to change the date because not every bought and turned on the DSi, DS, ect at the same time. I'm sure they didnt do it that way so that people could later manipulate games on the system...
You are likely going to have a rough time proving that, regardless of whether it is true or not.

I'm sure somebody thought of this and said who cares. I mean its not cheating at all let's say you want to catch rotom.k. you're busy later at 8 pm and its 11am. You don't want to wait untill 8 to catch it.

Also RNG not cheating. You are manipulating the game to give you what. You want. Like what mattj said RNGing during a battle is not only awkard but near impossible unless you have luck/able to tell who you battling what to choose

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)