All Gens RoA Community's Choice Ladder: March 2019 - GSC Inverse

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're doing 3 days per stage this time around. Voting is broken up into two stages:
  • Generation Voting - The first stage, where we vote for which be featured in the upcoming ladder. All that you need to post during that time is "RBY", "GSC", "ADV", "DPP", "BW", or "ORAS"
  • Format Voting - The second stage, where we vote for a particular format of the winning generation. Options will include traditional formats like NeverUsed and Little Cup, but also wilder picks like Balanced Hackmons and STABmons.
In order to prevent alts, your account needs at least 5 posts to vote; others will just be deleted. The other rotationals for next month will be DPP UU and an ADV staff's pick.

Voting is now open for generations!

RBY -
GSC - ///// /
ADV -
DPP - /
BW - ///
ORAS - //

And GSC takes it with half of the total votes. Now for Format Voting:

No Lax OU
No Healing Moves OU
Monotype
Anything Goes
1v1
Weather or Not?
Middle Cup
Inverse

My thoughts on these metas:

No Lax OU -- I've played this before and didn't find it to be that interesting. I guess it's not that bad.
No Healing Moves OU -- This could be fun. A lot of fast attackers would become more viable when Snorlax/Zapdos/Suicune can't just outlast them with Rest(/Talk). Although it would be very fast paced.
Monotype -- I think this is probably too centralised towards the best types to be much fun, but I haven't tried it.
Anything Goes -- Is this just allowing OHKO moves and double-team in GSC Ubers? Is species clause off? I don't think it's a good fit for GSC either way.
1v1 -- I don't think this is a good GSC meta, I even prefer RBY to it.
Weather or Not? -- This could be very fun to experiment with, although no-one has confirmed to me whether the weather ability granted by holding an evolution stone is permanent or 5-turn.
Middle Cup -- I haven't tried this meta, but it seems like it would just be more limited in terms of what you can use than other metas, which doesn't sound that fun. I could be wrong though, maybe it is really balanced and enjoyable.
Inverse -- This sounds like it would be interesting to theorise about and play.

So I am hoping we get Inverse / Weather or Not?, or otherwise No Healing Moves OU or No Lax OU. Please not Monotype/Anything Goes/1v1.

Voting for Inverse

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)