All Gens RoA Olympics 4: Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

H.M.N.I.P

https://youtu.be/pIr6TjG7Rko
is a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
''Won in 3 for DPP OU. gg haru, was a fun and wild one. idk if the mediterranean season is going to end soon (obv i hope not) but i wanna thank every single member of the mediterranean experience and whoever supported me during this journey. 5 finals obv isnt a good result and im sure we could have done better, but im proud of our wins and my loses, i had fun playing them all. Lets go team mediterranean, we can still do it, i know.''

Requesting a potential extension for my game in dpp ubers, we were both stuck with awkward times because of midterms and I managed to schedule another bo3 at the same time we did have scheduled like a doofus

Wigglytuff

mad @ redacted in redacted
is a Tiering Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Semifinals Decisions:

re: ADV OU Exiline vs Lord Ninjax
The only scheduling I see here is Lord Ninjax trying to schedule with no response from Exiline. Going to call this an activity win for Lord Ninjax, if there's evidence to the contrary, let me know.​

re: DPP Ubers Zwein vs TSR
Messy case inbound.​
Zwein initially contacted TSR early in the round. Over a course of about a week, they set a scheduled time for Saturday Oct 26th at 1pm GMT-5. Both showed up at around the correct time, but TSR had scheduled his UU Majors set for that timeframe. When Zwein contacted TSR, he was in the middle of his Majors set.​
The following screenshots are from PS! PMs, which are always a tricky subject for hosts to deal with. I'm assuming Zwein, the sender of these screenshots, is GMT-5 as stated in the VM correspondence, and I'm assuming these logs aren't doctored. TSR, let me know if they're false.​
From what I can see, Zwein waited for roughly (as PS screenshots are based on individual system time) an hour past the scheduled time before logging off, and it doesn't seem that TSR was ready to play in any part of that hour. As such, this is counted as TSR missing the scheduled time and there is no basis to grant an extension based on attempts by both to schedule, but limited availability.​
However, Zwein hasn't officially called activity in this thread, so the choice is theirs. Zwein, if you want an extension, we can do that. If you want to claim your activity win, that's fine as well. I leave it up to you. Please respond within 24 hours or I'll proceed with the activity win.​

re: DPP UU Lord Ninjax vs Donphantastic
Lord Ninjax missed the first scheduled time they set, and then Donphantastic "missed" the second scheduled time they set (he claims he was on but, as I'm sure you all know by now, I can't accept that as evidence he was online at the scheduled time). The second scheduled time was October 20th, Lord Ninjax has yet to respond to Donphantastic's proposal to reschedule.​
Since both missed a time, that part cancels out. When considering the effort put into scheduling, the advantage goes to Donphantastic because a) he used timeframes and timezone when scheduling and b) Lord Ninjax has been nonresponsive to Donphantastic's attempt to reschedule for 8 days. Donphantastic also dropped a message early yesterday, which hasn't been responded to. Donphantastic has a solid case to activity.​
Similarly to the last case, though, Donphantastic needs to actually call activity for me to grant it (Exiline vs Lord Ninjax is different because Exiline didn't even do the basic requirements of scheduling). Or this series could get an extension. Please respond within 24 hours or I'll proceed with the activity win.​
[update]: Donphantastic has claimed activity. Activity win awarded to Donphantastic.
re: BW Ubers Cynara vs Aishia
Confused what happened here...seems like there was a scheduled time? What happened to this battle?​
Anyway, flipping for now:​
Cynara advances to Finals.
re: ORAS OU Lopunny Kicks vs MegaLucario
I'm starting to recognize these names lol, both these dudes have somehow gotten to semifinals on only coinflips? And I think I'm lucky when I freeze a mon in randbats LOL​
No contact, flipping:​
Lopunny Kicks advances to Finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)