Multi-gen RoA Standard Tournament II: Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckw

Tired
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Signups | Round 1 | Round 2 | Round 3 | Quarterfinals | Semifinals | Finals

Introduction
The Ruins of Alph Standard Tournament (RoAST) is an annual tournament open to all players that seeks to find the best player in all old generation OverUsed tiers. Winners will earn the right to display the RoAST mini-trophy
in their signatures.
Once again, the tiers will be Gen 1-6 OU. All players that signup will be entered into two single elimination brackets, each consisting of 3 unique tiers, with each bracket complementing the other for each round. Every round, a unique combination of tiers (not previously featuring in any bracket) will be randomly determined for both brackets. Players must play and win in 2 tiers (best of 3 wins) against their opponent to move onto the next round, a loss resulting in elimination from the relevant bracket.

Example Scenario:

Bracket 1 is generations 1,3,5 and Bracket 2 is generations 2,4,6 for round 1. Bracket 1 is 1,2,6 for round 2.
If a player wins in bracket 1 but loses in bracket 2 for round 1, they will restricted to playing their opponent in generations 1,2,6 for round 2. If they win for round 2, they may have to then play generations 4,5,6 in round 3.

If one player is the only player left in both brackets, they win the tournament, otherwise winners of both brackets battle each other once in all tiers (don't repeat in the case of a tie). If the match ends 3-3, players take it in turns, starting with the winner of the last battle to strike out tiers. Once 3 tiers have been removed, the tiers remaining will be the ones played in a first-to-2 wins tie-break set (tiers repeated in case of a tie).

Consistency across every generation will probably be the key to victory in this tournament.

Bracket 1 (GSC OU / DPP OU / ORAS OU) - 7/8

dcae (2-1) Exiline
Gilbert arenas (2-0) Mr.378
cb aaron judge (0-2) Excal
eden's embrace (1-2) pasy_g
dom (0-2) SOMALIA
Pohjis (W-0) Trace
BKC (0-2) Amphareixon
Pkel SweeTforU (2-1) TPP

Bracket 2 (RBY OU / ADV OU/ BW OU) - 7/8

You must report the record and tiers you won when you post win!

PM me on discord if you have any questions. Good luck everyone!

Extension deadline is 11;59 PM GMT +0, 9th September

ROUND DEADLINE: 11:59 PM EST 12th September

Last edited by a moderator:

Ampha

"They don’t call me Greed for nothing!"
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Won vs ranshiin,Sorry for all the haxes ugh
(Lost DPP won ORAS GSC)

Last edited:

ckw

Tired
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Winterains We have talked about this already but I'll give an answer here as well. First of all, you werent forced to play this; i just gave you two an extension. Mr 378 informed me about an emergency which didn't allow him to be much active during the weekends. I think that's good enough to grant an extension for a series. You should be fine to play since:

Given the many number of extensions in this round. I have decided to extend the deadline for the extensions to 11:59pm EST 9th September while the deadline for Round 3 has been extended to 11:59 EST 12th September

won vs anish for r2; lost gsc; won adv/dpp ggs
lucix, didn't hit me up today like he planned yesterday

Reactions: ckw
won dpp and oras vs cb aaron judge with a lot of luck going in my favor, ggs and sorry again for the hax

Won in 2 vs Dom ggs [oras and gsc] (aside from the fact that he unfortunately he lacked evs and a move in one of the games)

pasy_g

Banned deucer.
asking for extension, since winterrains had an extension before and we scheduled for today but he couldnt make it to some rl trouble, and we rescheduled,soooooooooooooooo

Reactions: ckw
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)