Multi-gen RoALT IV: Playoffs [16P Won by Frrf]

DYA

not a weeb
is a Community Contributor
⏮RoALT IV (2019)

Introduction | Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 | Week 6 | Week 7 | Playoffs | Spreadsheet

Introduction

Welcome to RoA's fourth Ladder Tournament!

Qualification

Weeks 1-7 will consist of qualifying by obtaining top 8 ladder positions in Gens 1-6 OU.
The week number will be equivalent to the generation's number.
For instance, week 1 qualifying will be on the [Gen 1] OU Ladder, Week 3 on the [Gen 3] OU Ladder and Week 6 on the ([Gen 6]) OU Ladder.
The following points are awarded the same across each ladder:

Points Per Ladder Position
1st:
2nd: 9
3rd: 7
4th: 5
5th: 4
6th: 3
7th: 2
8th: 1

If there are n ties for a position, additional positions (n-1) are filled beneath the tied position and the points are averaged out, according to the positions that are replaced by the tied position. E.g. If 4 players are tied for 6th, they earn 1.5 points each since 6th-8th offers a total of 6 points, which is shared between 4 players.

These points are collected for all 6 weeks into a qualifying leader board, the top 16 of which, at the end of the 6 weeks, qualify for the 16 man play-off stage, which will be seeded conventionally according to the leader board. Positions #17, #18, #19 and #20 will be listed as substitutes and be substituted in, in that order.

Rewards

Winners of the RoA Ladder Tournament Playoffs will earn the right to display
in their signatures
and achieving 1st, 2nd and 3rd place on a week's ladder entitles one to display these respectively:

Important Information

Please make sure you understand the Smogon Tournament Rules before signing up for a week.

If purposeful repeated forfeiting to boost ladder points is discovered, both players involved will be disqualified from the tournament. One could also be disqualified by using another alt to benefit the signed up alt (not using another just by accident).

Battle Location
Qualification is on PS! (official server) only. Any other ladder will not be counted.

Contact Location
For Playoffs, contact opponents via profile posts on the Smogon Forums.

Playoffs format

The format of each round of the playoffs will be a bo3o3 or more specifically 3 sets of FT2Ws sets. For each round in the playoffs phase, 3 OverUsed tiers will be chosen randomly to comprise the first first-to-2-wins-set (best of 3, excluding ties) that applies to every match, and another 3 OU tiers will be included in the second FT2W (~bo3) set. The last set consists of the remaining OU tier as well as one OU tier picked by each of the players (players are allowed to pick the same tier). The player who wins 2 out of the 3 FT2W (~bo3) sets will progress.

Week 8+: Playoffs

Seeding Ties were broken by Total ELO.

Round 1

[1] StepC vs Chomp29 [18]
[9] Blanko vs le LLiolae [10]
[4] Nalorium
vs Jamez155 [19] Decem [14]
[5] zugubu royale vs Century Express [13]
[2] mikmer vs Lord Ninjax [16]
[8] The Quasar vs shawyu 1313 [11]
[3] Oibaf vs toytean [19] Pkel SweeTforU [15]
[6] Bloody alfa vs Frrf [12]

First set is BW, ADV and DPP. Second set is SM, ORAS and RBY. Tiebreaker set is GSC, higher seed’s pick and lower seed’s pick.

Deadline: Sunday 6th December 8pm UTC

Round 2

[1] StepC vs le LLiolae [10]
[4] Nalorium vs zugubu royale [5]
[2] mikmer vs The Quasar [8]
[19] toytean vs Frrf [12]

First set is DPP, ORAS and SM. Second set is GSC, BW and RBY. Last set is ADV, higher seed pick and lower seed pick.

Round 3

[5] zugubu royale vs le LLiolae [10]
[12] Frrf vs The Quasar [8]

First set is GSC, ADV and SM. Second set is RBY, DPP and ORAS. Last set is BW, higher seed pick and lower seed pick.

Finals

[5] zugubu royale vs Frrf [12]

First set is ORAS, DPP and ADV. Second set is RBY, GSC and BW. Last set is SM, higher seed pick and lower seed pick.

Substitutes

[17] Fear (tie for 16th, didn’t respond)

[19] Jamez155 (Subbed in)
[20] Egor / toytean (Toytean subbed in)
[7] FriendOfMrGolem120 (voluntarily deprioritized)

Last edited by a moderator:
Neither bloody nor me noticed this had been posted until late yesterday and he's unavailable today, would it be possible to get an extension?

Reactions: DYA

DYA

not a weeb
Last edited:
claiming act vs bloody for r1, we agreed on either wednesday or thursday, i messaged him yesterday (wednesday) that i'd prefer to play on thursday to which he didn't answer anything, today (thursday) i pm'd him on discord at around 9pm +1 asking him at what time he wanted to play, it is now 11pm +1 and i still have not gotten an answer, i have also been looking for him at regular interval on both main and stours to no avail

Reactions: DYA

DYA

not a weeb
claiming act vs bloody for r1, we agreed on either wednesday or thursday, i messaged him yesterday (wednesday) that i'd prefer to play on thursday to which he didn't answer anything, today (thursday) i pm'd him on discord at around 9pm +1 asking him at what time he wanted to play, it is now 11pm +1 and i still have not gotten an answer, i have also been looking for him at regular interval on both main and stours to no avail
Given, contact with toytean once you can.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)