All Gens RoAPL IX - Finals [Won by Mauville Magnetons]

Amaranth

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
4th time managing, finally actually won a RoAPL :D

this team was easily the best of any RoAPL teams I've been in, both as player and as manager, love you guys

MASTER APAGNAN // Thepatatedouce
Brother I honestly have no idea how we got here, you started randomly PMing me one day and I guess we're here now huh. I'm good at the things you're bad at, and you're good at the things I'm bad at, when I got the idea to manage with you I knew it was going to work out. It was really fun to share a teamchat with you for the first time and I am really happy I trusted you. You are, uh, unique, but that's okay. We do not win this tournament without your crampté

THE ARCHITECTS // BlazingDark RealJester Pideous
We retained the three of you for great prices and we built this roster together; this team definitely doesn't end up being so good without your insights, and of course, without your wins. Thank you for having faith in the Magnetons after a bad run last year, I'm very happy we were able to redeem ourselves together. I don't need to spend a lot of words because it's clear to see how crucial the three of you were.

THE DONS // Kenix Le Don
I spent a combined 50k and got a combined 16-1 record. What else is there to say? You guys are really fucking good, I trusted you to carry, and you carried. Starting every week 2-0 was a morale and confidence boost for everybody - so many of the best teams ever are built on the shoulders of one or two star players who put the team on their backs, and you were able to do that for us. You both should walk into SPL teams with no problems at all, good luck with your seasons there too.

THE HIDDEN GEM // Piyush25
Dropping a 6-0 for 3k, beating two SPL players in the process, then saying "was fun learning ORAS" is fucking insane man. The only thing better than a star player going undefeated is a 3k going undefeated. You can do really great things in this game brother, I think if you put your mind to a single generation and grind it for a while you can comfortably reach SPL level in any of them. Literally could not have asked more from you.

THE BACKBONE // Colteor Genesis7 Quarante8 earl gr3y
Grouping you together as the four of you all went for stupid cheap, but I knew you had potential for really solid seasons, and I was right. High effort in the builder, cheap prices, solid records - didn't expect a Piyush performance out of everyone, but I did expect you all to bring home key wins, and you delivered.
I have nice things to say about all of you - Colteor had the best record of these four, Genesis7 endured my relentless RBY armchairing and perfectionism, 48 carried prep for multiple slots every week, earl gr3y gave it his all despite irl circumstances. You all brought something important to the table and very much earned this win.

THE MISFIT // avarice
You didn't really mesh with the overall social environment, but I got you anyway because I thought you were simply too good for that price, and I think I was right to do that. Showing up and winning games can be harder when you're not so socially invested in a team, but you did it anyway with two clutch wins in Playoffs especially, and you have my respect and gratitude for that. Doing what you did is harder than it looks.

LES FRÈRES // Unamed Hyssou
You set the tone for our season by participating in the two stompings in Weeks 1 and 2. Things didn't go so well afterwards, but you were always nice and positive presences, took the benchings well, and continued to contribute to the environment whenever possible. You are better players than what you showed this tournament and I am sure you will prove it again in future tournaments. Thank you for your efforts.

THE SURPLUS // Uncle Jack 3d DugZa
I had other plans for the three of you, but the team was literally too good, and we ended up not needing you that much. I guess that's a good problem to have, but I'd like to team with you guys again if given more chances; I know you are capable of playing much bigger roles under other circumstances. Thank you for being available and doing your best when called.

MASTER PAMPU // Egor
Saving the best for last. I bought you for 3k because I thought you'd be good cover, some people even laughed at me for this pick. But you were so much more than good cover; you always had the scouts ready, always ready to sub in and somehow win even in a tier you weren't familiar with. If I was the brain and Patate was the heart, you were the muscles. I've hardly ever come across a teammate as good as you, even in SPL/SCLs. Thank you so much for everything, on behalf of the entire team. Good luck with your future projects on Smogon

Le Don

La Déchéance d'un homme
is a Community Contributor
RoAPL Champion
After 3 years of DPP tryhard, finally, FINALLY I get a custom ! And with the best team ever !!!

This year has been insane for me. A lot of teamtour wins ( I used to lose in semis / finals ), insane solo / teamtour perfs, ingame / prep / mentality stepup. I can now honestly say that getting unpicked last SPL has been more than beneficial for me than expected.
Going 8-1 was definitly unexpected. I got very lucky duing some games and very unlucky during others but I managed to win these games cause I never gave up and stayed focus despite the circumstances. I didn't feel the pressure of my price ( 26k iirc ? ); I was only focused on doing my best for the team. I'm ofc very proud of myself and of the team. ggs all. See you for ( I hope ) SPL ! Oh and I will upload some vids about RoAPL so stay tuned !
Le Don.png

Amaranth TYSM for drafting me. You're a very good manager and an insane RBYer. Ty for trusting me and for your constant support. :sphearical:
Thepatatedouce we used to hate eachother but we grow up and we ended to win ADPL together then RoAPL together. Best shitposter ever and very good manager. I started competitive mons on your server in 2020, we were both beginners and now we are here. TYSM for drafting me bro. TEAM FRANCE SUPREMACY !
Kenix you're a RBY god literally. You ABSOLUTLY SLAYED the pool. Starting every week 1-0 was so fucking good so ty for that.
Genesis7 Canada captain !!! Canada :handshake: France . Ty for your hard work in RBY.
BlazingDark You're such a great player and leader. I hope we slay more tours together in the future. TEAM FRANCE SUPREMACY !
RealJester Ça mord !!! You're so nice and good, keep going bro. You will do better in SPL this year.
Colteor Ik you're very good in ADV but you also managed to bring two times the same team in DPPPL finals without playing the tier. It showed that you're not only a great player but also a great leader. Trading Skyrio for you was more than worth.
Uncle Jack UNCLE PAMPU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :heart:
earl gr3y PAMPU GANG MEMBER n°1 and ADV slayer. Despite your irl circumstances you were always here to help and you did really well ingame. Keep going bro ! Oh and if you need me to learn DPP, you're always welcome in my dms :sphearical:
Pideous our first teamtour together ends on a win. You're such a good player and meta understander. I started DPP in Sept 2020, you joined just after me. I remember facing you many times on ladder, RoA Roomtours etc but you were grinding so much faster than me even if you started DPP after me. You're a source of inspiration for me, every DPPers and beginners. And again gz for your final DPP invit victory. I hope we will face each other for SPL !
Quarante8 PAMPU GANG MEMBER n°2 ! Same as Patate, we had beef but now everything is ok and we ended to win a tour together ! Your prep in BW carried us, ty for that bro. TEAM FRANCE SUPREMACY !
avarice we played together two times for DPPPL and you were already showing some good stuff. You did really well in BW and your final win was a Sweepage ( aka Masterclass on PS, tu l'as chacal ? ).
Piyush25 MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN you're so fucking good at this game. You played ADV for ADPL without knowing the tier and went like 8-2 or 8-1 and now you slayed ORAS pool going undefeated ( 6-0 ). You're already a legend to my eyes. @splmanagers pick this guy I beg you.
3d The pro deadgamer LMAOOOO. Ik you didn't play a lot but above that you're a great player. Ty for your work.
Hyssou Hyssman Dembele !! One of the nicest guy on this planed and great player. TEAM FRANCE SUPREMACY !
Unamed same as Hyss, ty for your hard work early / mid season. Keep playing, France need you and your experience. TEAM FRANCE SUPREMACY !
Egor PAMPU GANG EGIRL MASTER !!!!!!!!!!! You carried ORAS prep every week. You're the ORAS goat and a great friend. Best shitposter ever.
DugZa uuuuuh well idk what to say cause you weren't active but Ik you did well in ORAS during SSNLs etc so I hope you keep performing in this tier in the future !
@Helpers I won't name all of you ( cause idk if you want me to lmao ) but you must know I / we really appreciated your presence on Magneton's server. One of them is an ORAS legend :smogduck:.

Anyway ... WE MADE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR APAGNAN AND CRAMPTÉ !

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)