All Gens RoAPL V: Finals [8T/96P Won by Mt. Moon Men]

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjdaas

this girl rly slapped some letters together huh
is a Community Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Currently all logos were done by 0Nl and Kaiju Bunny, thanks friends!
⏮ RoAPL 4 | Discord | Spreadsheet

Manager Signups | Player Signups | Talk | Replays | Usage | Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5|
Week 6 | Week 7 | Semifinals | Finals

Introduction

The old gen team tournament you've been waiting for, for so long... will have a new winner!

The format will consist of 2 spots of RBY OU, GSC OU, ADV OU, DPP OU, BW OU and ORAS OU - every series except RBY's will be decided in a first-to-1-win (FT1W) series, RBY featuring a FT2W series. RoAPL V will have 7 qualifying weeks, followed by a seeded semi-finals (top 4) and then finals. Managers and assistant managers will not be able to play. Dead games and adjudged wins/losses will be declared for incomplete matches. Teams will receive 2 point for an overall win, 1 a point for an overall tie and 0 points for an overall loss at the end of each week. Most points, followed by most individual wins, least adjudged losses and least dead games, will decide qualification for the playoffs. Head-to-head team records are considered, before a 3-on-3 tiebreak, if there is still a tie for a seed. Please play all your matches on the Smogon Tournament PS! server and save and post your replays!

RBY OU
Banned Moves
Dig, Double Team, Fissure, Fly, Guillotine, Horn Drill, Minimize (Dig/Fly Glitch Prevention + Evasion + OHKO moves).
Banned Pokémon
Mew, Mewtwo.
Clauses
Freeze Clause, Sleep Clause, Species Clause.

GSC OU
Banned Pokémon
Celebi, Ho-oh, Lugia, Mew, Mewtwo.
Banned Moves
Double Team, Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, Minimize (Evasion + OHKO moves).
Banned Moveset Combinations
Hypnosis|Lovely Kiss|Sing|Sleep Powder|Spore AND Perish Song AND Mean Look|Spider Web (Sleep Perish Trap)
Clauses
Sleep Clause, Species Clause, Freeze Clause.

ADV OU
Banned Pokémon
Deoxys, Deoxys-Attack, Deoxys-Defense, Deoxys-Speed, Groudon, Ho-oh, Kyogre, Latias, Latios, Lugia, Mew, Mewtwo, Rayquaza, Wobbuffet, Wynaut.
Banned Moves
Double Team, Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, Minimize, Sheer Cold (Evasion + OHKO moves).
Banned Moves on Pokémon
Ingrain on Smeargle.
Clauses
Sleep Clause, Species Clause.

DPP OU
Banned Pokémon
Arceus (All formes), Darkrai, Deoxys, Deoxys-Attack, Deoxys-Defense, Deoxys-Speed, Dialga, Garchomp, Giratina, Giratina-Origin, Groudon, Ho-oh, Kyogre, Latios, Lugia, Manaphy, Mew, Mewtwo, Palkia, Rayquaza, Salamence, Shaymin-Sky, Wobbuffet, Wynaut.
Banned Moves
Double Team, Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, Minimize, Sheer Cold (Evasion + OHKO moves).
Banned Abilities
Sand Veil and Snow Cloak for Pokémon with more than one ability.
Clauses
Sleep Clause, Species Clause.

BW OU
Banned Pokémon
Arceus (All Formes), Blaziken, Darkrai, Deoxys, Deoxys-Attack, Deoxys-Defense, Deoxys-Speed, Dialga, Genesect, Giratina, Giratina-Origin, Groudon, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Kyurem-White, Landorus, Lugia, Manaphy, Mewtwo, Palkia, Rayquaza, Reshiram, Shaymin-Sky, Thundurus, Tornadus-Therian, Zekrom.
Banned Moves
Banned Items
Soul Dew.
Banned Abilities
Moody, Sand Veil, Sand Rush and Snow Cloak.
Banned Ability Combinations
Drizzle & Swift Swim, Drought & Chlorophyll.
Clauses
Sleep Clause, Species Clause, Team Preview Clause.

ORAS OU
Banned Pokémon
Aegislash, Arceus (All Formes), Blaziken, Darkrai, Deoxys (All formes), Dialga, Dugtrio, Genesect, Giratina, Giratina-Origin, Greninja, Groudon, Groudon-Primal, Ho-Oh, Hoopa-Unbound, Kyogre, Kyogre-Primal, Kyurem-White, Landorus, Lugia, Mewtwo, Palkia, Rayquaza, Reshiram, Shaymin-Sky, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zekrom.
Banned Moves
Double Team, Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, Minimize, Sheer Cold (Evasion + OHKO moves), Swagger.
Banned Items
Gengarite, Kangaskhanite, Lucarionite, Mawilite, Sablenite, Salamencite, Soul Dew.
Banned Abilities
Arena Trap, Moody, Shadow Tag.
Clauses
Sleep Clause, Species Clause, Team Preview Clause, Baton Pass Clause.

Finals

Konikoni City (3)
vs. (8) Mt. Moon Men
Managers: Finchinator, crayon pop vs. Gilbert arenas, PDC

RBY OU: Hipmonlee 0-2 MetalGro$$
RBY OU: EB0LA 0-2 Heroic Troller
GSC OU: dice vs. kaori
GSC OU: TSR vs. Kingler12345
ADV OU: UD vs. McMeghan
ADV OU: elodin vs. robjr
DPP OU: Fener vs. TonyFlygon
DPP OU: snøfall vs. Void
BW2 OU: Souf vs. Marshall.Law
BW2 OU: Eo Ut Mortus vs. Djokra
ORAS OU: jonfilch vs. fakenagol
ORAS OU: xray vs. frisoeva

Battle Location: http://smogtours.psim.us/ (no hiding battle rooms)

Deadline is June 2nd 23:59PM EDT
Completed Matches: 10/12

Last edited:

kjdaas

this girl rly slapped some letters together huh
is a Community Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Congratulations to the Mt. Moon Men for winning this prestigious tour with such a strong performance, very well deserved!

Also shoutouts to all the other managers and players who caused zero drama and performed very well, so that the last week of the regular season was one of the more exciting ones I have seen in a while! I also want to thank the host team, who were really timely with updating the thread/sheet and were amazing to work with.

I hope to see all of you compete again next year, but with a slightly different format with SM OU becoming an old gen!

elodin

the burger
is a Tiering Contributoris a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
Congratulations to the Mt. Moon Men! You guys were clearly the better team and have been dominating throughout this tournament, winning the whole thing is more than deserved to all of you.

That said, I do have to shoutout the MVPs of our series: Finchinator and crayon pop. I didn't know managers could be this incompetent in a team tournament, official or not, even if they were actively trying to sabotage their own franchise. I don't remember teaming with players this trash and/or useless in a very long time. Somehow the two of you managed to draft a team with an astounding amount of two good players (three if you include my girl lacus) and proceeded to be useless during the whole tournament. I was part of the worst SPL team in the history of the tournament (SPL V Raiders) and that was partially because we had a completely useless pair of managers. I sincerely thank the both of you for teaching me a valuable lesson though: no matter how bad things are, they can always be worse. So thank you for a performance that would make locopoke and Hugendugen jealous indeed, looking back at that SPL I miss those guys managing me over you two idiots.

Last edited:

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
This was actually pretty fun. I was very much on the fence about managing to begin with, but Rui seemed motivated and I wanted to make sure he got a team, so I figured it’d only be a small time commitment and I could enjoy myself.

Well, 3 Rui quits and 5 new Rui discords later and I was actually running the team myself, which wasn’t exactly a welcome change, but it came alongside some pretty pleasant interactions, even including those with Elodin :blobtriumph:

Our roster clearly wasn’t one of the top 2-3 in the tournament, but through a lot of clutch play and some fortune we made it here. We came back 3-4 times and stole a playoff spot -> clawed into the finals through a tiebreak, so that was pretty cool. Better team definitely won in the finals though, so congratulations to the Moon Men and well played. ggs everyone

EB0LA

Banned deucer.
Fun run boys 7th in the final week of regular season, to all the way into the finals! Fun games along the way, even though rng wasn't always on my side, but the wins I got were in some clutch games getting us the extra win in week 7 & winning vs. Kaz in the 5-6 deciding match to take us into tie breaker scenario in semi's. Hope to see you all again next year! #KoniiClannnOut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)