SM OU Rocket Ship Forest

Hi everyone, The Nub Dragonite here! Today, I decided to make a team based around Z-Celebrate Shaymin! After using Z-Celebrate, Shaymin's stats are boosted to give it the potential to sweep late game. I understand that Shaymin is not the best choice in OU and can be replaced with Victini, but please understand that Shaymin is my favourite Pokemon and that I do not want to replace it.

Team Importable: https://pokepast.es/8f490fe543f1b116

A closer look at the team:

Heatran @ Assault Vest
Ability: Flash Fire
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 152 SpD / 106 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Earth Power
- Lava Plume
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Flash Cannon

Due to Shaymin's many weaknesses such as Bug, Fire, Ice, Flying and Poison, I needed a sponge to make sure that Shaymin survived until late-game at full sweeping potential. The best answer I had was Heatran. Heatran's amazing typing allows it to be resistant or immune to every single on of Shaymin's weaknesses. I decided to make a bulky Heatran to endure as many hits as possible, because it has no form of HP recovery. Earth Power is to Destroy any Poison types or opposing Heatran. Lava Plume is chosen over Magma Storm for a chance to burn opposing Mons. I am currently considering Magma Storm, but I do not like the accuracy of it and the low PP which is horrible against stall. HP rock is an interesting choice I chose, which annihilates Volcarona or Mega Pinsir. Flash Cannon is Standard Steel-Type STAB, I chose it to destroy Fairy types such as Mega Diancie.

Shaymin @ Normalium Z
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 6 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Celebrate
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]

The star of the team, Shaymin is the only Z Move user I could think of, other than a Bloom Doom Heatran to bait water-types. Z-Celebrate boosts each of Shaymin's stats, making it slightly bulkier in terms of SPDef and Def. Maximum Speed with a Timid Nature gives Shaymin enough speed to keep up with the tier. Unfortunately, Shaymin is absolutely destroyed by Priority moves and its many type disadvantages. I mainly use it as a pivot to sponge up status ailments with it's Natural Cure Ability. Seed Flare is Shaymin's only hope as a sweeping move. It's amazing power combined with STAB makes it a threat to slower water types. Unfortunately, it's 85% accuracy is what makes it so rare. Earth Power is used to kill Mons such as Toxapex and other Poison Types. HP Fire used to be HP Ice, but due to the increasing use of Mega Scizor and Ferrothorn, I decided to replace it with HP Fire.

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 6 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
Medicham's raw attack power is amazing. It can be used as a Revenge Killer with Fake Out or a Potential Sweeper. HJK dishes amazing amounts of damage, even if the opposing Mon resists Fighting. Zen Headbutt is used to deal with Pex and other Fighting or Poison types. The only thing Medicham has to watch out for are Ghost-Types and Status ailments, as both can severely hinder M Medicham's sweeping potential. I chose Mega Medicham over Mega Lopunny due to it's better Attack stat. Tell me if I should change it.

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 150 HP / 4 Atk / 102 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Flamethrower
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
Celesteela is used as a pivot to pressure opposing mons to swith out. No one likes taking a leech seed, which is why Celesteela is so useful. Celesteela's Special Defense allows it to take a Thundebolt or more from an opposing Scarfed Magnezone. Celesteela can in turn retaliate with a Flamethrower. Protect is used as a way to gain HP recovery without getting hurt. It's a cancerous low-level stratergy, but it works. Heavy Slam is Celesteela's main STAB.

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes
Toxapex is my sponge that can absorb attacks. It is also the main hazard setup, and a toxic spikes remover. Haze is to prevent Mons such as Volcarona or DD Tyranitar from setting up on it. Scald is there for burn chance, which can severely hinder opposing Mons. Recover and Regenerator allow Pex to stay healthy throughout.

Latias (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 6 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Defog
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Healing Wish
Latias. I prefer Latias over Latios because of it's SPDef bulk, and it was also part of the story lin in Alpha Sapphire, one of my favorite Pokemon games. Latias serves as a Pivot Defogger and a Healer. Psyshock are for those who have invested in SPDef bulk but not Def. It also takes care of opposing Pex, which is a pain in the ass. Draco Meteor is Latias' best Dragon STAB. Healing Wish is to heal any Mons who have been badly hurt or affected by a status ailment. The Scarf allows Latias to act first, and make sure that Taunt is not set up.

Threatlist:
Stall: Stall is a cancerous and autistic play-style, but it's pretty common these days for those who want to climb the ladder quickly. The combination of PP-Stalling, status and constant recovery wears out the team quickly.

Conclusion:
I still need help to improve this team. Please play test it and give me suggestions, but please don't replace Shaymin. Keep in mind that this team is still a Work In Progress.

Stall: Stall is a cancerous and autistic play-style,
Instead of crying and blaming others for your losses have you considered actually attempting to learn how to beat stall? Your only Pokemon that can even touch Chansey is M Medicham which might as well mean you start the game off 1-5 against stall. How can you whine about stall when you personally use a team so easily thrashed by it. If you lose to Gyarados you don't call it autistic, you learn to play the damn game and update your team to be less weak to it.

Stall easily crushes you as already said. Not just stall but literally just Chansey + anything to beat M Medicham. Even Chansey + M Sableye 6-0s but really any stall team will ruin you. Even just some bulky Chansey cores will tear you apart. Your only hazard control is a Choice Scarf Pokemon that doesn't even have Trick and your entire team lacks Stealth Rock. Seriously if you see Chansey anywhere on team preview just click X because you are going to lose.

Magearna only needs about 20% damage on Heatran to KO with Z Focus Blast from which point it just sweeps you.

M Medicham KOs something every time it comes it. You can switch Latias in once unless you take an Ice Punch then you just die.

If Toxapex drops to about 80% Hawlucha 6-0s.

Mega Mawile 6-0s you after a Swords Dance once Stealth Rocks are down.

Rain in general gives you trouble. Your Latias can't check M Swampert because you run Modest and you have no real answer to Tornadus Hurricane spam besides Celesteela who is easily worn down and Heatran, who gets destroyed by Knock Off / Superpower.

Psyshock M Latias has a good chance to 6-0. The uncommon CM Reflect Type also 6-0s.

Magnezone gets a KO on Celesteela and tears a chunk off of Heatran opening your team up to a whole bunch of things. Same with Weavile, Muk, or Tyranitar Pursuit. You rely on Scarf Latias too much.

You have nothing to switch in on Tapu Koko Volt Switch if Stealth Rocks are down. Volt-turn spam teams will easily tear you to pieces.

DD M Tyranitar 6-0s your team from full health.

If Toxapex drops to about 90% M Lopunny gets a KO every single time it comes it.

Celebrate Victini sweeps once Latias takes basically any damage.

Kyurem B 1v1s 4 of your Pokemon while Latias and Medicham can't switch in on anything. If Kyurem B runs Sub it just shreds you.

Zapdos walls basically your entire team.

Sub CM Blacephalon 6-0s if it predicts right against Toxapex, or if pex is just chipped a little.

Z Bounce Gyarados 6-0s. M Gyarados also gives you a lot of issues. Your only answer to either one is Latias Meteor + Fake Out spam.

Subseed Serperior or even just Scarf that aggressively spams Glare will give you huge issues.

Band Kartana smashes since nothing really switches into Knock Off. Even Shaymin risks a 2HKO with SR damage. Knock Off spam in general will deal massive damage by picking off important items like Assault Vest, Choice Scarf, or Lefties. Your Z and Mega mons don't handle damage well enough to be reliable switch-ins. Latias is Modest so all it takes is one Knock Off and you will also get swept by SD or a late game Scarf.

Your only answer to SD Garchomp is Latias who gets nuked by Z Stone Edge. If Latias is killed, Knocked Off, or Paralyzed you risk getting 6-0ed.

Fix Celesteela's EVs so they round evenly to 4, otherwise you're wasting EVs.

Your entire team relies on a bulky defensive core that completely falls apart once Heatran or Latias take any chip damage. You have zero real offensive might outside of M Medicham or a one time bomb with Shaymin. A huge number of offensive cores beat you by doubling down on your walls. For example Tapu Koko spamming Volt Switch to offensive Heatran will get a KO almost every single time. M Alakazam + Magnezone brings you to your knees. CM Z Fight Tapu Lele + Tornadus wins. Ash Gren + Garchomp spam hazards and put you under tremendous pressure if not straight up sweep. Ect. tl;dr your defensive core is okay at full HP but crumbles hard by mid or late game.

To fix all these issues would be impossible. I would just start over. Don't focus on countering everything with a few tanks as that's impossible. If you want to play with Shaymin run HP Ice and pair it with Magnezone to KO the steels. M Latias also pairs very well with Magnezone and gives you a Heatran counter(ish).

Also don't call people cancerous / autistic just because you don't know how to beat a Chansey.

Last edited:
I have seen MrHands doing that a few times and I completely agree with him. Its our fault (not talking about a particular person) that we post the team without testing it. Thank you very much MrHands.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)