(ROLEPLAY) Smogon High School - Signups Open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teh

the saint
is a Pre-Contributor
hello everybody!!! my name is teh and i saw this cool thread so im starting a new roleplay set in smogon high school!! there will be classes and pokemon battles and NO MATH HOMEWORK (dont worry everyone) i will need active peopel to roleplay with me to make this the best roleplay ever! please dont sign up if you arent going to be comitted to the series.

BACKSTORY
-
this takes place in the world of pokemon. pokemon exist and every student is given a starter pokemon when they enter smogon high school
- smogon high school focuses on competitive pokemon battling! the children of the best pokemon trainers ever get sent here and learn how to battle gooder
- MAGIC POWERS exist. you can be a wolf girl or a mermaid or whatever as long as its not too op
- there is an evil team called 'team stunfisk' that harass students and is led by dr. dreadit. they have secret plans to rule the world
- teachers are like gym leaders where they focus on one type but students can choose whatever

RULES (IMPORTANT
)

- NO CUSSING (MY MOM CHECKS MY IPAD)
- you can only sign up for one person at a time. if you want to play someone else the previous character needs to be removed
- dont troll this is a serious roleplay im not kidding ill get very mad at you if you troll and ban you
- please do not argue with me

AVAILABLE ROLES:

Student:

- will be the main focus of the story and peopel who want to be a student have to be active
- get a starter pokemon at the begining of story (NO EVOLUTIONS)
- go to class to get better at pokemon
- do after school tasks like battling other students or fighting team stunfisk
- IF YOU WANT TO BE A MAIN CHARACTER PLEASE TELL ME

Teacher:
- less focus than students but still important
- helping students learn how to be master pokemon battles
- can choose a team of 6 pokemon that arent legendarys but must share type
- will be in after school activities during more important parts

Miscalinus characters:
- not any specific character but you will be called to fill in dialogue for background characters and the evil team stunfisk grunts
- please pick this if you are a adult and busy
- if theres not enough people to fill this i will help

HOW TO SIGN UP:
pleasde copy and paste the template in the text box and post in the comments
====APPLICATION====
Character name:
Pronouns:
Role You Picked:
Pokemon:
A little bit about yourself:

sign ups will be open until i feel like there are enough people. if you have questions please ask me here
thank you for reading :)

Teh

the saint
is a Pre-Contributor
Character name: Seth
Pronouns: he/him
Role You Picked: Student
Pokemon: larvitar
A little bit about yourself: younger brother of silver and son of giovanni. i was bitten by a cursed wolf as a child which gave me magic wolf powers that let me see into the future for a bit. i found larvitar when it was being attacked by 2 charizards and i fought them off with my wolf powers and we became best friends. emo. cool and mysterious. pitch black and long hair.

hidin

What a kind young man
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Gonna debunk the big lie here and say this; Seth has had a roleplaying addiction since the bright age of 12. He's very eager about this project but due to his shyness (and mass of his fingers) he won't type a confirmation message here. Perhaps find a solution for that? I don't know. Your move Teh

Character name: BestDatrix
Pronouns: he/him
Pokemon: Rowlet
A little bit about yourself: A Pokemon trainer who keeps screaming "The Rowlet Line is good I swear". I mean, it is good.

Last edited:

Mathy

I swear I have good sitting posture
is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Character name: Zoe
Pronouns: She/her (she's trying out zig/zag with close friends)
Role: Student
Pokemon: Rattata
  • she's half (hoenn) zigzagoon so she has a cute tail and the ability to find lost items
  • lesbian, loves making the "im so gay i cant even walk straight" joke. which is also true because she's half zigzagoon
    • phy ed except for the pacer test which she called "homophobic" when they made her redo it (she couldn't run straight)
    • math (she leads the math club and has been campaigning to the school board to add math back to the curriculum)
    • youtube piano roll tutorials (she doesn't actually know piano she just thinks they're neat)
    • sweet food
  • dislikes
    • people asking her to battle (she keeps wrongly assuming people want to fight her because she's half pokemon. there's probably a cool backstory related to this. she always asks "battle my rattata... right?")
    • crypto (though she's secretly holding onto $250 in bitcoin (it was $1000 when she bought in))
    • literature class
    • dry food (bonus points if you know the Nature without looking it up! cuz i sure didn't.)
thanks for hosting this, never really did one of these before but i thought i'd try to learn character writing. i really wanted to be a student but i am "a[sic] adult and busy" so maybe just make me a comic relief side char. with a possible B-plot romance arc

uppa

^_^
is a Top Artist
APPLICATIONCHARACTER NAME:uppa the kid
80.png

STUDENT (shy kid)
POKEMON: mareanie REASON: i've been told we look similar! ^^haha
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOURSELF: looking for my pookie
EDIT: ths is me
80.png
and i have powers to breath underwater, go invisble, and command dreepy but my dreepy isnt my starter because i dont need a poke ball to train it or command it ok thanks KattenK for sprite

Last edited:
Character name: Bia
Pronouns: Hee/ Heem (He/Him)
Role You Picked: talented student that doesnt like to study
Pokemon: Absol (if allowed, holding Absolite)
A little bit about yourself: I hate effort, Except If I particularly like The goal (hence The Absol). Likes To eat (a lot). Doesnt pretty much Care About Other's opinions. Regular European Grey(as in black & white parents) can have a perfect accent but often forces a french accent. Likes To criticize others

I like that Idea and am ready To steal it whenever

Character Name: !#MISSING_NAME
Pronouns: She/Her
Role You Picked: Student (?)
Pokemon: Purrloin
A Little Bit About Yourself:

She shows up one day to this school, out of the blue, in some class somewhere. She's completely alien to this school, and the school is completely alien to her. Everyone is so pre-occupied with other things (or even mysterious forces...) that they don't seem to notice her presence - perfect conditions for a (near) blank slate. Slowly, however, as the story progresses, little bits and pieces of her will begin to reveal themselves, from her name, her origins, to her goals and motives.

yeah this character is intended to be a bit of a wildcard (her "name" is not actually her real one, otherwise she's referred to as "The Unknown"). no, I do not want her to be the main character.

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
Character name: Walter Hartwell "Heisenberg" White
Pronouns: He/Him
Role You Picked: Teacher
Pokemon:
1706076356549.png

A little bit about yourself: My name is Walter Hartwell White. I live at 308 Negra Arroyo Lane, Albuquerque, New Mexico, 87104. This is my confession. If you're watching this tape, I'm probably dead– murdered by my brother-in-law, Hank Schrader. Hank has been building a meth empire for over a year now, and using me as his chemist. Shortly after my 50th birthday, he asked that I use my chemistry knowledge to cook methamphetamine, which he would then sell using connections that he made through his career with the DEA. I was... astounded. I... I always thought Hank was a very moral man, and I was particularly vulnerable at the time – something he knew and took advantage of. I was reeling from a cancer diagnosis that was poised to bankrupt my family. Hank took me in on a ride-along and showed me just how much money even a small meth operation could make. And I was weak. I didn't want my family to go into financial ruin, so I agreed. Hank had a partner, a businessman named Gustavo Fring. Hank sold me into servitude to this man. And when I tried to quit, Fring threatened my family. I didn't know where to turn. Eventually, Hank and Fring had a falling-out. Things escalated. Fring was able to arrange – uh, I guess... I guess you call it a "hit" – on Hank, and failed, but Hank was seriously injured. And I wound up paying his medical bills, which amounted to a little over $177,000. Upon recovery, Hank was bent on revenge. Working with a man named Hector Salamanca, he plotted to kill Fring. The bomb that he used was built by me, and he gave me no option in it. I have often contemplated suicide, but I'm a coward. I wanted to go to the police, but I was frightened. Hank had risen to become the head of the Albuquerque DEA. To keep me in line, he took my children. For three months, he kept them. My wife had no idea of my criminal activities, and was horrified to learn what I had done. I was in hell. I hated myself for what I had brought upon my family. Recently, I tried once again to quit, and in response, he gave me this. [Walt points to the bruise on his face left by Hank in "Blood Money."] I can't take this anymore. I live in fear every day that Hank will kill me, or worse, hurt my family. All I could think to do was to make this video and hope that the world will finally see this man for what he really is.

====APPLICATION====
Character name: Amber
Pronouns: she/her
Pokemon: Squirtle
A little bit about yourself: HI! Im Amber ^_^ My hobbies include doing ket in an abandoned canadian parking lot :3 Im excited to meet the other students O_O Please be nice though :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)