Rom Hacking Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Websites like ProjectPokemon.com and Pokecommunity.com have died down way too much and nobody goes on them. i think we should have a ROM hacking section to the forums for posting tools or asking for help. this would also attract more people to Smogon. tyvm

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I would say that both communities you listed actually have quite active involvement, they've had recent projects and releases, plus just know the methodology of hacking better than we do. While the advent of patching has made hacking a less risky practice smogon doesn't have the community base built around in-game hacks when we are primarily more concerned about high level play.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
... smogon doesn't have the community base built around in-game hacks when we are primarily more concerned about high level play.
That's the biggest issue here. If no one is on ProjectPokemon (OP's assertion), what makes you think they will suddenly pop up on Smogon? I don't think it would really attract new people to Smogon since the people who were to come to smogon for our non-existent hacking community would rather go to ProjectPokemon, an established community. This isn't going to happen, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)