Done Roomevents alias

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawn of Ares

Power of Athena!
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Especially for the longer roomevent names, whenever one is using /roomevents view, it might be helpful to make aliases for those roomevents so the staff don't need to type out the full name and instead can use said aliases.

pre

pkmn.cc
There is already an /events alias by the looks of it - is that short enough, are you do also want an alias like /re (which is potentially too valuable to give)?

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
There is already an /events alias by the looks of it - is that short enough, are you do also want an alias like /re (which is potentially too valuable to give)?
I think they more meant have an alias for the particular roomevent, akin to rfaq aliases. So say you have a roomevent called aReallyLongEventName, you could add an alias long so that /events view long would be the same as /events view aReallyLongEventName

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Random Battle Lead
i support the above wholeheartedly; it's a pain to type out !events view randbats workshop in Rands every time we want to advertise our next Workshop event. It'd be really cool if we could add aliases to our roomevents so that the commands for actually displaying them could be less than 30 characters long.

Asheviere

Banned deucer.
I've told people informally but I'm fine with this being a thing, though I dont know the best way to logistically implement this (including how we store the aliases in the data). If someone has a better idea than me I'm 100% on board though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)