Pet Mod Roulettemons [Finished Mod + Now with Random Battles!]

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Obvious winner here, Panthee won this time. This is our 45th Pokemon, only 5 more until we move on to balancing!

As for the next slate...
Magipie
Poison/Fairy
Gale Wings/Clear Body/Iron Barbs
125/76/141/113/119/26
Viable Moves: Poison Jab, Sludge Bomb, Play Rough, Moonblast, Slack Off, Zing Zap, Vacuum Wave, Will-o-Wisp, Relic Song, Crunch, Ice Shard, Sacred Sword, Techno Blast, Calm Mind, Nature Power, Flare Blitz, First Impression, Extrasensory, Rock Blast, Focus Punch
Other Moves: Fairy Wind, Uproar, Twister, Smart Strike, Struggle Bug, Accupressure, Flame Charge, Disarming Voice, Psych Up, Quick Guard, Lovely Kiss, Slash, Rage, Poison Sting, Wrap, Wake-Up Slap, Gear Up, Gyro Ball, Vice Grip, Prismatic Laser

Dragolow
Dark/Dragon
Gooey/Run Away/Emergency Exit
147/38/75/132/35/173
Viable Moves: Crunch, Dark Pulse, Dragon Claw, Dragon Pulse, Stun Spore, Trick, Energy Ball, Close Combat, Sludge Wave, Icicle Spear, Bug Buzz, Gear Grind, Attack Order, Body Press, Surf, Drill Run, Tail Slap, X-Scissor, Dragon Dance, Snipe Shot
Other Moves: Stored Power, Dual Chop, Forest's Curse, Glaciate, Me First, Egg Bomb, Gust, Gravity, Punishment, Flying Press, Eternabeam, Blast Burn, Toxic Thread, Wrap, Razor Leaf, Dive, Razor Shell, Peck, Power Trip, Guard Swap

Hunting
Ghost/Fighting
Guts/Unburden/Gale Wings
161/38/155/93/64/89
Viable Moves: Shadow Bone, Shadow Ball, Sky Uppercut, Aura Sphere, Play Rough, Drill Peck, Wild Charge, Leaf Storm, Rapid Spin, Leech Seed, Meteor Mash, Cross Chop, Zen Headbutt, Volt Switch, Superpower, Dark Pulse, Sunsteel Strike, Spacial Rend, Whirlwind, Moonblast
Other Moves: Miracle Eye, Wring Out, Slash, Swift, Fake Tears, Double Slap, Magnet Bomb, String Shot, Branch Poke, Aqua Ring, Water Pulse, Gyro Ball, Amnesia, Sandstorm, Role Play, Mega Punch, Arm Thrust, Mimic, Weather Ball, Psybeam

Dracith
Dragon/Ghost
Air Lock/Scrappy/Pressure
146/141/39/157/30/87
Viable Moves: Dragon Claw, Dragon Pulse, Shadow Bone, Shadow Ball, Cotton Guard, Psychic Fangs, Sacred Fire, Destiny Bond, Encore, Stun Spore, Strange Steam, Will-o-Wisp, Grav Apple, Techno Blast, Swords Dance, Steam Eruption, Trick, Ice Shard, Liquidation, Yawn
Other Moves: Camoflauge, Worry Seed, Water Gun, Charm, Screech, Future Sight, Growth, Rock Wrecker, Charge, Dragon Rush, Reversal, Swagger, Bullet Seed, Rain Dance, Psychic Terrain, Electrify, Heart Swap, Mean Look, Muddy Water, Disarming Voice

Stunboon
Electric
Infiltrator/Fairy Aura/Gorilla Tactics
126/149/19/120/124/62
Viable Moves: Fusion Bolt, Thunderbolt, Sunsteel Strike, Rock Polish, Destiny Bond, Poison Jab, Fake Out, Heat Wave, Beak Blast, Scald, Fire Fang, Slack Off, Pyro Ball, Aurora Veil, Strange Steam, Body Press, Attack Order, Sacred Sword, Behemoth Blade, Light Screen
Other Moves: Poison Sting, Crush Grip, Conversion, Spider Web, Hyper Beam, Mega Drain, Guard Split, Mega Kick, Heal Pulse, Future Sight, Dizzy Punch, Thief, Growl, Stockpile, Confuse Ray, Land's Wrath, Mega Punch, Prismatic Laser, Conversion 2, Poison Fang

That's about it! Discussion phase has begun! I'll likely start up voting Thursday or Friday.

Magipie: An annoying fat Fairy that sets up Calm Mind and wins. The added Poison type makes it immune to Toxic, which is huge, but it comes with some additional weaknesses. I think you could compare this to Baloon pretty easily, but unlike Baloon, is far from lacking in Special Defense. It can become really quite untouchable after a CM, and the fact that it can kneecap physical attackers with Will-o-Wisp would be a big part of what makes this annoying to deal with. It would also definitely supplant Baloon almost entirely as a defensive Fairy-type, even with its addition weaknesses. So this would at worst be something that is really good and outclasses other things, and I think it could potentially be broken just based on how stupid its bulk is, but maybe not.

Dragolow: It would share the throne of speed king with Electritar, the current fastest mon in the meta. Much like Electritar, it's a blazing fast special attacker. It has a more spammable STAB type, but admittedly worse coverage. At a glance it seems broken, but when you dig in a little you see that it's potentially manageable. Bellena (unless it predicts with Specs Sludge Wave), Giranium, Barracoth, Gorilax and Glacida could be checks to it, just due to their great bulk, and the fact that even with Specs Dragolow would struggle to touch them too much. Pidgeotine, Biceon, Ninjoth, and Panthee would be able to pivot in on it and either gain momentum, set up, or just kill it. So there is definitely counterplay to it. Against offense this would be a great cleaner though, just able to spam Dark Pulse and wear down its switch-ins for later in the game. I think an apt comparison might be Specs Ash-Greninja; excellent speed tier and able to just wear down its switch-ins with Dark Pulse or cheese through with flinches, but also fairly one-dimensional and has a well-defined set of defensive counterplay. I have no doubt this would be a really good, potentially even centralizing mon, but broken? Possibly. I might just be talking shit.

Hunting: This thing is actually very similar to Voltecta, and arguably largely inferior to it. Both are physically defensive, special attacking Ghost types with Rapid Spin and the ability to pivot with Volt Switch. Voltecta has greater flexibility due to its somewhat nicer speed tier, it's also got Calm Mind, letting it also play as a setup mon, as well as an arguably better defensive typing. Voltecta has a worse offensive typing, but that almost doesn't matter since Voltecta has access to Focus Blast which is as strong as a STAB Aura Sphere. Voltecta also has the STAB Volt Switch letting it gain momentum while doing a lot of damage. So what does Hunting have? Well, Leech Seed. It's a good check to the mons in this meta that are immune to Leech Seed (the Grass types + Balar are all more physically oriented) so it can just freely throw out Leech Seed and be annoying as hell. This definitely gives it a lot more staying power than Voltecta. Is being a Leech Seeder enough to distinguish it from the otherwise superior Voltecta, and justify its place in the meta? Well IMO, no, not really. It's still just really redundant.

Dracith: In many respects it's similar to Specyte, but with even greater mixed capabilities and coverage, and Swords Dance instead of Dragon Dance to absolutely blow away defensive cores. Its flaws are even more pronounced though: it has that same poor bulk, and a really middling Speed tier that basically makes it dead weight against more offensive builds. It's also super vulnerable to Pursuit, but unlike Specyte is actually slower than Ninjoth. Its movepool is wide enough that you can easily justify fully physical or special, choiced or non-choiced sets. This is one of those super matchup-based mons, and until the full set is known, Ramron is basically the only check to it. Although I'm generally the type of player who favours high-risk breakers like this, I feel like a lot of what it accomplishes it just too similar to the other Ghost types available, especially Specyte.

Stunboon: The weirdo option. There aren't a whole lot of Ground types, so often it'll just be able to spam outrageous Choice Band Fusion Bolts. These Fusion Bolts are ridiculous, doing about 48% to Brawnkey, an insane feat for a physical move (for reference, CB Dracovish Fishious Rend would do about 57% to Brawnkey). The most physically bulky Ground type (Biceon) is hit hard by Sunsteel Strike, and Anteros can be covered with Pyro Ball. So coverage is not really a problem. Its low speed and pitiable defence would be what limit it the most, making it another one of those mons capable of outputting insane damage but falling flat against offensive teams (or pursuit trappers). It does have priority though! The extremely wonky CB Fake Out actually does an okay amount of damage with the Gorilla Tactics boost, letting it potentially pick off something weakened. So it is similar to Ostria in that respect. Overall, this one isn't too overbearing due to its prominent flaws, and I don't hate it. Electric types are fairly abundant though, and this one would play like a more unilateral Stuneleon, so idk if it's the best choice.

Magipie
Poison/Fairy
125/76/141/113/119/26
Viable Moves: Poison Jab, Sludge Bomb, Play Rough, Moonblast, Slack Off, Zing Zap, Vacuum Wave, Will-o-Wisp, Relic Song, Crunch, Ice Shard, Sacred Sword, Techno Blast, Calm Mind, Nature Power, Flare Blitz, First Impression, Extrasensory, Rock Blast, Focus Punch
Other Moves: Fairy Wind, Uproar, Twister, Smart Strike, Struggle Bug, Accupressure, Flame Charge, Disarming Voice, Psych Up, Quick Guard, Lovely Kiss, Slash, Rage, Poison Sting, Wrap, Wake-Up Slap, Gear Up, Gyro Ball, Vice Grip, Prismatic Laser

Dragolow
Dark/Dragon
147/38/75/132/35/173
Viable Moves: Crunch, Dark Pulse, Dragon Claw, Dragon Pulse, Stun Spore, Trick, Energy Ball, Close Combat, Sludge Wave, Icicle Spear, Bug Buzz, Gear Grind, Attack Order, Body Press, Surf, Drill Run, Tail Slap, X-Scissor, Dragon Dance, Snipe Shot
Other Moves: Stored Power, Dual Chop, Forest's Curse, Glaciate, Me First, Egg Bomb, Gust, Gravity, Punishment, Flying Press, Eternabeam, Blast Burn, Toxic Thread, Wrap, Razor Leaf, Dive, Razor Shell, Peck, Power Trip, Guard Swap

Hunting
Ghost/Fighting
Guts/Unburden/Gale Wings
161/38/155/93/64/89
Viable Moves: Shadow Bone, Shadow Ball, Sky Uppercut, Aura Sphere, Play Rough, Drill Peck, Wild Charge, Leaf Storm, Rapid Spin, Leech Seed, Meteor Mash, Cross Chop, Zen Headbutt, Volt Switch, Superpower, Dark Pulse, Sunsteel Strike, Spacial Rend, Whirlwind, Moonblast
Other Moves: Miracle Eye, Wring Out, Slash, Swift, Fake Tears, Double Slap, Magnet Bomb, String Shot, Branch Poke, Aqua Ring, Water Pulse, Gyro Ball, Amnesia, Sandstorm, Role Play, Mega Punch, Arm Thrust, Mimic, Weather Ball, Psybeam

Dracith
Dragon/Ghost
146/141/39/157/30/87
Viable Moves: Dragon Claw, Dragon Pulse, Shadow Bone, Shadow Ball, Cotton Guard, Psychic Fangs, Sacred Fire, Destiny Bond, Encore, Stun Spore, Strange Steam, Will-o-Wisp, Grav Apple, Techno Blast, Swords Dance, Steam Eruption, Trick, Ice Shard, Liquidation, Yawn
Other Moves: Camoflauge, Worry Seed, Water Gun, Charm, Screech, Future Sight, Growth, Rock Wrecker, Charge, Dragon Rush, Reversal, Swagger, Bullet Seed, Rain Dance, Psychic Terrain, Electrify, Heart Swap, Mean Look, Muddy Water, Disarming Voice

Stunboon
Electric
126/149/19/120/124/62
Viable Moves: Fusion Bolt, Thunderbolt, Sunsteel Strike, Rock Polish, Destiny Bond, Poison Jab, Fake Out, Heat Wave, Beak Blast, Scald, Fire Fang, Slack Off, Pyro Ball, Aurora Veil, Strange Steam, Body Press, Attack Order, Sacred Sword, Behemoth Blade, Light Screen
Other Moves: Poison Sting, Crush Grip, Conversion, Spider Web, Hyper Beam, Mega Drain, Guard Split, Mega Kick, Heal Pulse, Future Sight, Dizzy Punch, Thief, Growl, Stockpile, Confuse Ray, Land's Wrath, Mega Punch, Prismatic Laser, Conversion 2, Poison Fang

(Respectively, 2 fit the Broken realm, one has too much competition, one is trash, and one is very close to being broken)

Deleted member 503163

Obvious winner here, Panthee won this time. This is our 45th Pokemon, only 5 more until we move on to balancing!

As for the next slate...
Magipie
Poison/Fairy
125/76/141/113/119/26

Dragolow
Dark/Dragon
147/38/75/132/35/173

Hunting
Ghost/Fighting
Guts/Unburden/Gale Wings
161/38/155/93/64/89

Dracith
Dragon/Ghost
146/141/39/157/30/87

Stunboon
Electric
126/149/19/120/124/62

That's about it! Discussion phase has begun! I'll likely start up voting Thursday or Friday.
Alright so none of these are Dinodily uhh I would like to recommend that we bring Dinodily back because Dinodily was robbed.

DuoM2

whao
Voting has begun, and will most likely end on Sunday! But on top of that, I have FOUR new sprites to share, all of which are from different people...

Bellena (By Scoopapa).png
Bellena (By Scoopapa, Shiny).png
- This is Bellena, by Scoopapa. The design here mostly takes aspects from flamingoes, as shown by things like its legs, its head and neck, and I'd assume the feathers as well. I'm not sure if it was just imagined as a flamingo mixed with a dragon or if there's anything specific about the dragon parts.

Balar (By Leonard).png
Balar (By Leonard, Shiny).png
- This is Balar, by leonard (from big bang theory). There's not exactly much to get when looking for the origin of this name, so instead, the focus on the design mostly went into the movepool and the fact that the name sounds demonic. Later, the Pet Mods Discord came up with the idea that the name could be taken from "Baal" and "ar." I can't remember what Baal means, but ar means air in Porteguese.

06 - Cephalopire.png
- This is Aquatopus, by myself. I based this design around the vampire octopus and the rest is somewhat obvious. I don't have a Shiny for this yet, and I still don't have one for Specyte either, but those will both be coming later.

Panthee (By Aquatic).png
Panthee (By Aquatic, Shiny).png
- This is Panthee, by AquaticPanic. Rather than going for an animal or something similar, they decided to go for basing it around sentient pants! Just for fun, they mentioned to me that Panthee is able to reshape itself to fit whatever Pokemon it wants, and it does this while using things like Helping Hand. It's also kind of hilarious thinking about how a pair of pants would use something like Bolt Beak or Phantom Force.

That's about it! Big thanks again to everyone who's made a sprite for this, I really appreciate it!

Solaros & Lunaris

Hold that faith that is made of steel
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Dragolow, None

Sidenote: We came up with sentient pants at around 230 Pokemon. GameFreak has not created a sentient pant Pokemon. So are we the uninspired ones?

DuoM2

whao
Obvious winner here is None. Spreadsheet will be updated soon.

As for the next slate...

Termeler
Ground
Volt Absorb/No Second Ability/Defiant
64/49/51/158/130/148
Viable Moves: Earthquake, Earth Power, Leaf Storm, Scald, Double-Edge, Wild Charge, Sludge Wave, Nasty Plot, Ice Fang, Reflect Type, Pain Split, Gear Grind, Rapid Spin, Bulk Up, Spectral Thief, Spiky Shield, Glare, Body Slam, Clear Smog, Leech Life
Other Moves: Confuse Ray, Quick Guard, Trop Kick, Iron Tail, Ice Ball, Cotton Spore, Toxic Thread, Ancient Power, Feather Dance, Shell Trap, Vital Throw, Metal Claw, Parabolic Charge, Mud Shot, Acid, Aromatic Mist, Smokescreen, Rage, Gyro Ball, Thief

Venoming
Poison/Steel
Stamina/No Second Ability/Fur Coat
125/167/23/73/141/71
Viable Moves: Poison Jab, Sludge Bomb, Iron Head, Flash Cannon, Double-Edge, No Retreat, Foul Play, Sticky Web, Synthesis, Drum Beating, Detect, Taunt, Plasma Fists, Surf, Yawn, Psycho Boost, Mach Punch, Glare, Precipice Blades, Spirit Shackle
Other Moves: String Shot, Rollout, Thunder Shock, Hold Back, Quick Guard, Fake Tears, Embargo, Comet Punch, Frenzy Plant, Dynamic Punch, Last Resort, Pound, Smog, Stockpile, Tail Whip, Heal Pulse, Cosmic Power, Silver Wind, Take Down, Self-Destruct

Bellossum
Grass
Cheek Pouch/Parental Bond/Protean
114/96/66/86/158/80
Viable Moves: Leaf Blade, Energy Ball, Autotomize, Pursuit, Thunder Punch, Acrobatics, Trick, Psycho Cut, Explosion, Shadow Ball, Shore Up, Nature Power, X-Scissor, Grass Knot, Hyper Voice, Night Slash, Pain Split, Power Gem, Leech Life, Multi-Attack
Other Moves: Branch Poke, Throat Chop, Meteor Assault, Thunder Shock, Curse, Struggle Bug, Trick-or-Treat, Confusion, Lock-On, Bide, Swallow, Take Down, Headbutt, Mud Bomb, Acid Armor, Octazooka, Razor Wind, Cotton Spore, Twister, Me First

Blastora
Fire
Light Metal/Forewarn/Aerilate
63/126/102/99/131/79
Viable Moves: Blaze Kick, Flamethrower, Sticky Web, Psystrike, Synthesis, Swords Dance, Behemoth Blade, Defog, Healing Wish, Spectral Thief, False Surrender, Coil, Shadow Punch, Defend Order, Attack Order, Glare, Parting Shot, Dragon Claw, Iron Head, Autotomize
Other Moves: Magnitude, Branch Poke, Follow Me, Metal Sound, Burn Up, Mind Reader, Peck, Lock-On, Metal Claw, Pluck, Wring Out, Night Daze, Phantom Force, Mist, Mud Sport, Payback, Confuse Ray, Iron Defense, Hold Hands, Slash

Skeluar
Ghost/Poison
Effect Spore/Innards Out/Unaware
58/57/53/162/157/113
Viable Moves: Shadow Bone, Shadow Ball, Poison Jab, Sludge Bomb, Focus Blast, Fleur Cannon, Steam Eruption, Focus Punch, Relic Song, Plasma Fists, Iron Head, Apple Acid, Hurricane, Aqua Tail, Double-Edge, Blue Flare, Techno Blast, Acrobatics, Slack Off, Sticky Web
Other Moves: Worry Seed, Mirror Move, Smelling Salts, Aurora Beam, Bind, Topsy-Turvy, Whirlpool, Camoflauge, Water Pulse, Iron Defense, Mud Shot, Snatch, Mean Look, Pin Missile, Telekinesis, Flame Wheel, Imprison, Teleport, Heavy Slam, Lock-On

That's about it! I'll probably have a slate that's a bit different not too long from now. Discussion phase has begun!

Termeler: Those stats and Nasty Plot would make you think it is terribly broken, but if you consider that it has useless abilities and no secondary STAB, along with coverage options that could be better and it only seems "fairly broken". A lot of specially bulky mons are resistant or immune to Ground, namely Pidgeotine, Mosqung, Lemotic, Ostria, Crazefly, among others (the specially bulky Ice types like Glacida, Ninjoth, and Barracoth would be able to check it too despite not resisting Earth Power), and the best coverage moves it has to cover all of those are Ancient Power and Hidden Power Ice, which are pretty weak. Against offensive teams it's pretty beastly though. The only things that naturally outspeed it are Electritar and Albatrygon. The much more splashable Electritar doesn't revenge kill it well at all, and Albatrygon's matchup is pretty half and half. Even though the defensive counterplay isn't as grim as it seems at first this thing would still run wild, I reckon, so that's probably a no from me.

Venoming: With Fur Coat, it has roughly the equivalent of 64 base Defense when uninvested, and roughly base 95 when fully invested. So it can reach some pretty nice mixed bulk levels with investment. It's got recovery, and is actually pretty strong. It could play as a real bulky Taunt-based stallbreaker, that can also set up Sticky Web, or a slow No Retreat sweeper, although with non-stab priority, I guess?? I'm not too interested in this one really. It feels like unnecessary competition to the current defensive Steel types, even if Taunt makes it play a bit differently.

Bellossum: First of all, great name. Seems pretty similar to Ostria, another specially bulky Grass-type with Protean. Ostria's got higher offenses and different coverage though. Bellossum makes up for it with higher bulk and better recovery, but doesn't really have the utility to back it up. It does have Trick though, which lets you maybe run a choiced set, although it's still pretty weak, even with Protean or Parental Bond. The most interesting thing it's got is Curse, as it's got a classic stat spread for a Curse sweeper. Of course you'll need to run Parental Bond as your ability in this case. Honestly not too enthralled with this one, it doesn't seem like it stands out too much.

Blastora: Blastora is interesting to me. Fire types are uncommon of course, and although this would be our second pure Fire type and third physical Fire type it distinguishes itself well I think. It has a somewhat underwhelming stat spread and not the best coverage options, but it has a ton of boosting and utility moves. I could see it rocking SD + 3 Attacks, Sub Coil, Rest Coil, some kind of double dance set, or a pivot set with Sticky Web or Defog and Parting Shot. Or any sort of hybridization of these. Aquatopus is by far the biggest thorn in its side, speed creeping it very easily and shutting down anything it can attempt doing really besides Toxic, but other than that it doesn't fare too bad against most other things, although it does have 4MSS and can't 100% beat everything else. I'd imagine it can maintain a Sub against Baloon, Bellena, Anteros, the defensive Ice types, and maybe Brawnkey too in certain situations. Spectral Thief is nice for Coil sets as well, preventing the opponent from setting up alongside it and also providing coverage for Flamepion and Skeleray, although Aerilate Return is arguably better 2-move coverage with a Fire move for more offensive sets. It's got other cool tech like Glare and semi-reliable healing. Honestly really like this one, it looks like fun with all its options, even though it sucks that it's so stuffed by Aquatopus.

Skeluar: So here we have Super Gengar. Very insane special attack and coverage would let this one just melt defensive cores. It's got the classic combo of Shadow Ball + Sludge Bomb + Focus Blast which has great neutral coverage, but also comes with some other very nice coverage options like Blue Flare, Fleur Cannon, and Steam Eruption. Innards Out gives it more utility against offensive squads, letting you take down a weakened foe with you or stopping any sweeper threatening from running wild. This one just seems way too crazy and one-ups our current Ghost-types too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)