- Magnet Rise

You may begin nominating once more.

Set:Kabutops@Life orb
EVs:252 atk 252 spd 4 hp
-Rock Slide
-Waterfall
-Rapid Spin
-Stealth Rock
In many senses of the word, Kabutops is at the pinnacle of RU. In a tier chock-full of hazard users, Rapid Spin users are coveted, and Kabutops is the best offensive user of the move available.Kabutops has good type synergy with Vivillon,and also helps with Stealth Rock by removing it with Rapid Spin in case Xatu is dead.

The moves on Kabutops are quite obvious,Waterfall is the most reliable STAB and also hits quite hard,possibly OHKOing Rhyperior and doing damage to many threats in the tier.Rock Slide is here to cover whatever resists Waterfall,and also to take out Xatu leads that prevent Kabutops from using Stealth Rock,which is used to weaken the opposing team(because Vivillon doesn't get a lot of OHKOS).Finally,Rapid Spin provides support to Vivillon,as Vivillon hates rocks.

The EVs are there to ensure Kabutops spins/gets up rocks as fast as possible,and the attack EVS also make sure Kabutops is able to get a few kills before dying.

Sure,if we use Kabutops the team will be weak to Electric,but we could just use a ground type such as rhyperior.Overall,Kabutops is one of the best Rapid Spinners in RU and overall an amazing
Pokemon.

DISCLAIMER:Some stuff I put here was from this smogon entry:http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/kabutops

Last edited:

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Okay, so I think we really need a solid switch in to a ton of things, that is also a good option on offense with enough offensive presence to deter opposing mons from setting up.

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Roar

Adamant SpD Rhyperior seems like a really good choice for this team, setting up SR which is pretty much mandatory for every team, while being extremely hard to take down. This still hits really hard with Edge Quake coverage, and with roar there isn't an opportunity for the opponent to set up, which is important, as right now an opposing set up sweeper will have little trouble getting past our team if we allow them to set up. After this we would need a really switch into Water-Types, but this at least gives us a fire resist, flying resist, and something to deter those types from walking over our team (SR). Also solves Moltres weakness ;o.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I wanted to nom rhyperior but llamas already took it so ya....either way though i have an alternative option that may or may not serve the team better (especially against the faget known as heliolisk).

Druddigon @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Sucker Punch

Assault Vest Druddigon brings a few things to the table that i think would be pretty desirable for the team as it is. First off, our team is pretty damn weak to Heliolisk and Electric-type moves in general at the moment, with Heliolisk outspeeding every Pokemon on this team and 2HKOing all 3 at worst. Druddigon happens to be a pretty damn good defense against this, being really bulky especially with the Assault Vest tacked on. Also, unlike alternative options for Electric-type resists such as Rhyperior, it is neither weak to heliolisk's coverage moves (surf, grass knot), making it significantly more Sturdy as an Electric-type check than the Ground-types that a lot of people will probably be suggesting. Druddigon gives us a resistance to the Fire-types that Steamroll through Vivillon, Cobalion, and the frail Xatu as well, most notably putting a stop to at least some Delphox's antics with the ability to take any hit; even from say specs Psyshock in a pinch, and OHKOing after Stealth Rock with Sucker Punch afterwards. Moltres still has a shot to break through, but to do that it needs to have all of Stealth Rock, good damage rolls, perfect prediction, and perfect accuracy on Hurricane, so Druddigon should still be enough to make firebird think twice (something to revenge kill in one of the two remaining slots would probably be nice though). Outside of this, Assault Vest Druddigon simply gives us an all around excellent tank Pokemon that can do all of take hits, dish them out, revenge kill annoying things with a clutch Sucker Punch, and help to wear down the Steel-types that stand in vivi's way with either repeated Outrages or a Fire Punch on the switch.

If not Assault Vest Druddigon, Stealth Rock Druddigon could probably work too, although its significantly less bulky.

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
At this point, I feel like it may be easier to fit on defense against electric types/moltres/etc (perhaps via a different avest user?) than it will be to fit on a stealth rock user without being redundant. For that reason, I'm leaning more toward's atomicllamas's suggestion.

passion

heavenly :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
hi before i post i think i should mention New Breed ILYYYYY.

kso i made up this set up wen i had like 48hours of no sleep and thought it sounded super autistic until i used it and found great success on laddr!!!1 The set I am nommin is as follows.

Zoroark @ Life Orb
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Memento
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Grass Knot​

alright so i decided this is cool cause it hits a lot of shit that has potential to check vivilon (i.e escav, rhyp, registeel etc) for a good amount of damage setting up potential sweeps. it further helps set up sweep with the memento support for when it is about to die. zoroark is also generally a hard hitter and typing wise seems like a solid fit for the current team.

also next round [since im clearly winning this round] u (BAN ME PLEASE)s should pick a fuckin elec resist oml LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
What destroys this team? ELECTRIC ATTACKS.
What stops Electric attacks? LIGHTNINGROD.

Raichu @ Life Orb
Ability: Lightningrod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power Fire

Basically, you set up an NP on one of the many switch-ins Lightningrod can get you and sweep with 110 Speed and +2 LO Thunderbolts or coverage.

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
hi before i post i think i should mention New Breed ILYYYYY.

kso i made up this set up wen i had like 48hours of no sleep and thought it sounded super autistic until i used it and found great success on laddr!!!1 The set I am nommin is as follows.

Zoroark @ Life Orb
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Memento
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Grass Knot​

alright so i decided this is cool cause it hits a lot of shit that has potential to check vivilon (i.e escav, rhyp, registeel etc) for a good amount of damage setting up potential sweeps. it further helps set up sweep with the memento support for when it is about to die. zoroark is also generally a hard hitter and typing wise seems like a solid fit for the current team.

also next round [since im clearly winning this round] u (BAN ME PLEASE)s should pick a fuckin elec resist oml LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
At this point, I think that knock off needs a place on the set. Slowking walls the team right now, and it isn't the easiest thing to kill without a pursuit user. Something like zoroark that could pose as vivillion/coballion could eliminate it easily with a knock off

GlassGlaceon

My heart has now been set on love

Lanturn @ Choice Specs
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 192 Spd / 252 SAtk / 64 HP
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt

-This set is an old favorite of mine from the BW2 Era. Specs lanturn hits surprisingly hard, and it fills a bunch of criteria our team needs
-a fire resist
-an elec immunity
-a semi slow switching move to allow access into one of our sweepers.
-immediate power
-Yellow and blue, baby. Makes team preview stick out more
It helps us against our slowking weakness by solidly 2HKO'ing it, the Speed Evs are to be able to outspeed modest max speed clawitzer, who does a number to our team, and the rest is thrown into satk for power and HP for bulk. Overall, I believe lanturn would be the best way for this team to go, as this set lures in amoonguss and other slow, bulky grass types, and then we can proceed to switch into vivillion to sleep something or setup or just throw out a LO hurricane

revive lanturn the menace ! ;_;7

Spiritomb @ Choice Band
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Shadow Sneak / Trick
- Pursuit
- Will-o-Wisp

CB tomb is very good at coming in on and eliminating psychics that the team has some issues with, like reun, slowking, meloetta, some delphox and cress (moonblast does like 35% unboosted lel). Infiltrator lets it come in on stuff like Mismagius if given an opening and get rid of them with good prediction. wow is always good for neutralising physical attackers and tomb has poop for physical movepool lol. trick cripples a lot of support mons and bulky sweepers, but without sneak missy and slowking can just stay in and status you. the evs can be played with to hit some specific threat with pursuit while increasing special bulk, you could even run speed to try to creep rhyp and doublade if that's your bag. overall a solid set that has some issues but works well in fucking over a few key threats for teams that require that.

I'm going to throw in another Eelektross set, because dammit I love his adorable face. Lookit! Lookit the cutie!

Pivotross GO!

Eelektross @ EelExpert Belt
Ability: EeLevitate
EelVs: 248 HP / 252 Attack / 8 Defence
Nature: Adamant
=> U-Turn
=> Fire Punch
=> Aqua Tail
=> Rock Slide

Expert Belt is, in my opinion, a fantastic item for Eelektross, especially considering its gargantuan movepool. It's also something of an unexpected item in general, since most people run Life Orb because of the general power boost. However, when you have the insane coverage options that Eelektross has, Expert Belt comes into its own. It grants a lower power boost, yeah, but when you combine it with a pivoting SE spreader with a slow switch like my eely friend, there's good stuff in store for everyone. Yeah, there's no STAB, but STAB ain't everything, especially with an E-Belt.

With this set, you can get the following kind of damage:-
252+ Atk Expert Belt Eelektross Aqua Tail vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Solid Rock Rhyperior: 284-338 (65.4 - 77.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Expert Belt Eelektross Aqua Tail vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Delphox: 312-367 (106.8 - 125.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Expert Belt Eelektross Rock Slide vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Moltres: 432-514 (134.1 - 159.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Expert Belt Eelektross Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Escavalier: 379-451 (110.1 - 131.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Expert Belt Eelektross Fire Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Froslass: 266-314 (94.6 - 111.7%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Expert Belt Eelektross U-turn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Sharpedo: 374-442 (133 - 157.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Expert Belt Eelektross U-turn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Zoroark: 281-331 (107.6 - 126.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Expert Belt Eelektross Fire Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Yanmega: 226-266 (71.9 - 84.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Expert Belt gives a Pokemon with a lot of options the right combination of damage and survivability to work wonders. However, this set is not without problems, and that problem is called Reuniclus. A Defence-heavy set can almost 2HKO this variant of Eelektross. Cresselia's not much better, considering that you can't get that much damage on the thing unless you run Crunch, and the less said about Hitmonlee the better, little bendy-legged bastard...

So yeah. Eelektross. Y/N?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)