Tournament RU CCAT TOURNAMENT FINALS [Won by Lasagne]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow massive two sets posted.

Complete Legitimacy's set is good but it stacks weaknesses, so I'm going vote for myself, LightningLuxray, though if that's not allowed then disregard my comment.

EDIT: Ehh fuck it, if I'm not allowed to vote for myself then give atomicllamas my vote.

Last edited:

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
atomicllamas

anyone voting for moltres here is making a big mistake.... All it does is add more weaknesses to Thunderbolt and Stealth Rock in a tier that just got a new good Electric-type .-..

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Tsunami said I could do this.

Lanturn @ Choice Specs
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 192 Spd / 252 SAtk / 64 HP
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt

Renomming glassglaceon's set from last round because we need bolt beam resist, plus this lures in grass types for Vivi. Lets not make this team suck k thx B).

complete legitimacy

is it cold in the water?
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I hope that you will all vote for me next round. I am deeply sorry that my submission was not up to the lofty standards of the RarelyUsed forum CCAT, I will try much harder to put together a set that can have the honor of being a part of this team.

atomicllamas wins!
Team so far:

Vivillon @ Leftovers
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sleep Powder
- Hurricane
- Quiver Dance
- Substitute

Xatu @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Heat Wave
- Grass Knot
- Roost

Cobalion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Magnet Rise

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Roar

Lanturn @ Choice Specs
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 192 Spd / 252 SAtk / 64 HP
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt

You may begin nominating the sixth and final Pokemon.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I might make a nomination of my own, but for now i'm just going to give people a point of view on what our last Pokemon is going to need to do here.

As the sixth and final slot on this team before the team is done, what we choose here and how well it performs overall could make or break this team, the team might seem solid now, but there are still some problems that i can clearly see that i think p. much need to be fixed with the final slot here. So whatever you guys nominate as the final Pokemon, take into account these threats and make sure that they can help out vs at least some of them, or at the very least not outright lose to them.

Looking through the viability rankings, here are some of the biggest threats to this team at the moment imo.

Virizion: Swords Dance Virizion with Stone Edge pretty much sweeps us here lol, of course it has to hit two stone edges against xatu and vivillon to do so, but if its able to accomplish this we simply flat out lose, Virizion can set up on choice locked lanturn and rhyperior too, so it's not like it'll never get a chance to boost.

Reuniclus and Cresselia: Yeah the bulky CM Psychic-types could end up being problematic here, We don't have a single way to hit these Pokemon super effectively, and once they end up as the last Pokemon they can simply keep on boosting and recovering until they become completely unbreakable, being able to set up on xatu pretty easily in particular. Good luck winning a CM war with vivi too, since both of them commonly run psyshock. Personally i think Megahorn>Roar on rhyperior would help out with this quite a bit, especially vs Cresselia, but we aren't supposed to be doing minor changes now.

Hp Rock Sceptile: This is uncommon but still around, same thing as Virizion pretty much except it doesnt rely on boosting as much.

Mega Abomasnow: can hit everything except Cobalion hard with at least one coverage move/Ice Shard and can switch in on lanturn pretty easily, not as big of a threat as the others, but we don't want or sixth mon outright losing to this.

We most likely won't be able to cover everything+things i missed in one slot, but just remember to keep this in mind when selecting a sixth pokemon nomination.

Drapion @ Black Sludge
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def/ 4 Atk
Imphish Nature
- Taunt
- Knock Off
- Whirlwind
- Poison Jab

One of the things that can check the threats meantioned by Molk the best. It can survive a +2 CC from virizion at full health and OHKO back with Poison Jab. It is also a full stop to SubCM users with Taunt+Whirlwind and it poops on HP Rock Sceptile. Only downsides are that reuniclus does still over 50% with Focus Blast but we have 2 4x resists, and that Mega Abomasnow still dents this drapion with Blizzard, which sucks. But Cobalion can switch in on any of his moves bar Earthquake, where we have two immunities for. It is also a good last-resrt to keep hazards of the field since Drapion has a surprisingly fast taunt, outspeeding the most common setters bar Cobalion.

However this would make the team Very reliant on xatu and vivillon switching in on eartquakes.

+2 252 Atk Virizion Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Drapion: 205-243 (59.5 - 70.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery
4 Atk Drapion Poison Jab vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Virizion: 210-248 (64.8 - 76.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

+1 4 SpA Cresselia Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Drapion: 97-115 (28.1 - 33.4%) -- 0.1% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery

Tbh the team is too reliant on Xatu and that stacks weaknesses :/

The Leprechaun

wear nike not fila
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Whimsicott @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Stun Spore/ Encore
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain
- Hurricane

So yeah, i had this in mind mainly because it deals with strong ground type attacks as well as acting as a revenger of sorts, working like thundurus in ou and stun sporing anything that's fast with +1 priority acting as a failsafe to pretty much any set-up sweeper which boosts speed (see slurpuff, endure hitmonlee, opposing vivillon, sharpedo, yanmega and of course flame charge moltres). But after seeing molk's post, it seems like it checks a whole bunch of other shit - namely the strong grass types. It has great defensive synergy with the rest of the mons with all its weaknesses being covered to a great extent while also providing another water resist to take the pressure off lanturn, another ground resist to take the pressure off xatu and vivillion (rhyper can block blast these :[) and most importantly, a grass resist which isn't weak to rock.

Maybe a more defensive set would be appropriate but I've always found offensive whimsi fun to use. Feel free to nom a more fitting whimsi set if there is one.

With the mention of bulky psychic CM users i decided to slash encore, not sure if that is allowed but i guess some opinions would be nice.

Reactions: g

Emboar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Earthquake

Ok, right now, Grass-type with a way to hit Flying-types seem to be our main problem, like Molk brought up. Anyways, Choice Scarf Emboar outspeeds Virizion and Sceptile (and also Mega Snow but it does w/o CS regardless) and OHKOs them with a super-effective Fire-type move. He's also a general revenge killer for any faster threats that threaten this team. Whats more, Emboar doesn't bring another Stealth Rock weakness like Delphox or Moltres would. Moves are pretty standard, and I decided to forgo Sleep Talk since we have Xatu and EQ's always nice for Delphox and shit. While this does weaken us a bit to Psychic-types, I feel Molk's basically stated that Megahorn is a simple switch that can deal with these Pokemon pretty easily. Anyways, Emboar provides an answer to Grass-types, a non-Stealth Rock weak Fire-typing, and a revenge killer all in one, making him a pretty strong pick in my opinion.

Last edited:
I see a huge Zoroark weakness here,as it outspeeds and OHKOS both Coballion and Vivillon with Flamethrower,kills Xatu with Night Daze or Dark Pulse,and can just switch to another teammate to kill Rhyperior/Lanturn.Therefore,I present to you my submission.

Hitmonlee@Normal Gem
Adamant Nature.EVS:252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP.
-Fake Out
-High Jump Kick
-Stone Edge
-Sucker Punch

Pretty standard set,Fake Out is here for the unburden normal gem boost,High Jump Kick is for STAB,Stone Edge is to get hits on flying-types,and Sucker Punch is to get psychic-types and priority users.Hitmonlee also counters 2 of the biggest threats to the team,namely Zoroark and Heliolisk.

Last edited:

GlassGlaceon

My heart has now been set on love
Hitmonlee@Normal Gem
EVS:252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP.
-Fake Out
-High Jump Kick
-Stone Edge
-Sucker Punch
why not knock off and what nature and augghhh this is a trainwreck i mean he already hits like 546 with adamant nature with ur spread why does he need more priority that might not even work if a psy type would try to status him ?_?

why not knock off and what nature and augghhh this is a trainwreck i mean he already hits like 546 with adamant nature with ur spread why does he need more priority that might not even work if a psy type would try to status him ?_?
Didn't know that hitmonlee got knock off,and sucker punch is here to hit opposing priority users that try to revenge kill Hitmonlee.Will edit the nature in.

complete legitimacy

is it cold in the water?
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Virizion @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Spd / 8 Def
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain

Ok, this set is legitimately good. I'm not gonna explain it a whole lot, but basically it's fast, has great typing, is moderately bulky, and could honestly be Virizion's best set. After hours of brainstorming and playtesting, this set is my greatest ever innovation and I know that it will do a great job for this team and I hope that I have earned all of your votes.

Whimsicott @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Stun Spore/ Encore
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain
- Hurricane

So yeah, i had this in mind mainly because it deals with strong ground type attacks as well as acting as a revenger of sorts, working like thundurus in ou and stun sporing anything that's fast with +1 priority acting as a failsafe to pretty much any set-up sweeper which boosts speed (see slurpuff, endure hitmonlee, opposing vivillon, sharpedo, yanmega and of course flame charge moltres). But after seeing molk's post, it seems like it checks a whole bunch of other shit - namely the strong grass types. It has great defensive synergy with the rest of the mons with all its weaknesses being covered to a great extent while also providing another water resist to take the pressure off lanturn, another ground resist to take the pressure off xatu and vivillion (rhyper can block blast these :[) and most importantly, a grass resist which isn't weak to rock.

Maybe a more defensive set would be appropriate but I've always found offensive whimsi fun to use. Feel free to nom a more fitting whimsi set if there is one.

With the mention of bulky psychic CM users i decided to slash encore, not sure if that is allowed but i guess some opinions would be nice.
I feel like both Stun Spore and Encore are pretty helpful on this set. Would it be worth forgoing Hurricane in order to run both? I know we wouldn't have a super effective attack for Grass-types, but I feel as though being able to Encore Cresselia into Calm Mind and being able to Stun Spore Virizion are two very important things that Whimsicott should be able to do.

Virizion @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Spd / 8 Def
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain

Ok, this set is legitimately good. I'm not gonna explain it a whole lot, but basically it's fast, has great typing, is moderately bulky, and could honestly be Virizion's best set. After hours of brainstorming and playtesting, this set is my greatest ever innovation and I know that it will do a great job for this team and I hope that I have earned all of your votes.
Lol I ran this set on the ladder before you even posted it. Imanalt can prove that n.n
I switched Toxic to Sacred Sword though to deal with steel types better but eh.

Jacks0n

formerly grassycow
I think after making the team, we should go over each individual pokemon and see if there is a better spread, moveset or even pokemon that would benefit the team better, and don't let randoms vote, but molk, tsunami, trop and lama decide wether it is better. I think this would allow for a better CAP than previous years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)