RU RU Circuit Playoffs - Finals [Won by Pohjis]

phantom

Banned deucer.
Congrats Pohjis, impressive run you’ve had!

Great performance from you too, evi. Even if you didn’t win, if there’s a silver lining in this, it’s that you’re starting to get the recognition you deserve. You played well throughout the tour, especially in the playoffs, so I have no doubt you’ll show good results in the future. :toast:

won vs evigaro, ggs

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ru-408542
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ru-408543
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ru-408544

it does feel unreal winning this circuit after losing early on in the first seasonal and taking a quick exit from ru open. in the second seasonal all hope was pretty much lost when i lost to pepeduce in round 6. the only way to make playoffs was to win twice as many opponents i beat so far and hope that would be enough to sneak into playoffs. all the hard work and effort paid off and here i am.

big shout-out to everyone who has helped me during my run during the whole year or even talked about the tier with me. aldo and sam did both great in snake and thank you sage for all the help in finals. also thank you aldo for all the help during rupl. col49 has always been the most passionate person to mess around with and there is a reason why the guys you helped in ru open won the tour back-to-back. lasse knows himself he doesn't want to be mentioned but without his interest towards the tier i wouldn't have taken the 2nd seasonal as seriously i ended up taking it. my two fallen soldiers bouff ans slurmz deserve a mention for being there since day one.

if kushalos has been my man in NU, Alpha Rabbit has been my man in RU. it has been an absolute pleasure working with you so closely and discussing about anything from prepping to real life commitments. it is very unfortunate you are not playing in SPL but real life always takes priority over everything else. much thank you for everything one more time n_n

only time will tell if i will continue playing RU in SPL but i do hope that game 3 didn't kill evigaro's passion to play in SPL which you very much deserve. you have been a force to recognize for a long time. i am more than certain that the upcoming SPL will be yours to dominate.

all the support i have gotten has been absolutely awesome. it makes me keep pushing myself even further and i am more than grateful for it. cheers

EviGaro

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
RU Leader
Well there's realistically no way I post something about the games without sounding "emotional" - such a bad thing wow - so I'm just gonna avoid that but still wanted to thank some people who deserved it because I bothered them enough:

- passion you're great, even if sometimes you stress about as much as I do about the game in general. Said it before, will say it again, I think you're amazing beyond the top tier memes that rose you to fame, and you generally surpass even my crazy which is fun. Thanks for the help with things.
- Sage I promise I'll clutch ZU Best Friends even if I have to bring triple regen to do it. You're a great person and meeting you was probably the highlight of a fairly bad year lol
- MrAldo because you're the best dang thing about this community - no offence to everyone else, just you know - and your advice is always appreciated. Literally Dad for most newbies.
- xastify and every lover of the Starbucks establishment - even you lighthouses don't think we don't know that about you - for being a main reason why I smile so much around this website, and even the help in testing. Sorry xast I didn't bring Xatu but it doesn't have Scald so idt it would have saved me anyway.
- Ajna I often say you suck and I hate you but really I only mean it half the time, you're great and probably the first one who believed in me really (that's right settling this debate once and for all)
- EonX come back :(

Ajna

i tell my ppl i don't need love but
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Well there's realistically no way I post something about the games without sounding "emotional" - such a bad thing wow - so I'm just gonna avoid that but still wanted to thank some people who deserved it because I bothered them enough:

- passion you're great, even if sometimes you stress about as much as I do about the game in general. Said it before, will say it again, I think you're amazing beyond the top tier memes that rose you to fame, and you generally surpass even my crazy which is fun. Thanks for the help with things.
- Sage I promise I'll clutch ZU Best Friends even if I have to bring triple regen to do it. You're a great person and meeting you was probably the highlight of a fairly bad year lol
- MrAldo because you're the best dang thing about this community - no offence to everyone else, just you know - and your advice is always appreciated. Literally Dad for most newbies.
- xastify and every lover of the Starbucks establishment - even you lighthouses don't think we don't know that about you - for being a main reason why I smile so much around this website, and even the help in testing. Sorry xast I didn't bring Xatu but it doesn't have Scald so idt it would have saved me anyway.
- Ajna I often say you suck and I hate you but really I only mean it half the time, you're great and probably the first one who believed in me really (that's right settling this debate once and for all)
- EonX come back :(
:blobnom:good try evi goat, and congrats pohjis

Sage promise I'll clutch ZU Best Friends even if I have to bring triple regen to do it.
:pikuh:

Anyway, congrats to Pohjis! I've been hyping you up for a long time (shoutout all the people who hated on me for it) and I can't wait to see how you continue as an amazing and consistent player in the future. I always enjoy watching you play (ZU as well!) and you're a cool dude as well. Good luck with your other playoff runs!

Evi, congrats on your amazing run! Keep your head up, you've shown everybody that you're the real RU threat after many people underestimated you for your "unique" team choices. You still won the most memorable and funny RU game of 2018 during this circuit playoffs run - I think we know which game we're talking about. You're always approachable and a fun person (another ZU "player" lol), and I'm excited to see what you do in SPL and beyond.

Great job both!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)