RU (Jedi) Council - A Change of Pace

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentVerse

Into the New World
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hey,

I know a lot of you may be wondering why the senate was retired. Basically, I've just been really disappointed with the activity of the senate; many senate members haven't been playing the tier enough, but unfortunately, it's been very difficult for me to find suitable replacements for senate members who have gone inactive, meaning that inactive senate members have been stuck on the senate for far too long.

Thus, Oglemi and I have decided to re-implement the old rotating council system that we used in BW1, but with a few important changes. The council will be a group of 9 or 11 people handpicked by myself and Oglemi depending on the amount of activity we get per round. The council will be chosen based on the following criteria:

1st seat: Whoever is #1 on the ladder at the end of the round.
2nd seat: Whoever showed consistent high rankings* on the ladder.
3rd seat: Whoever showed consistent high rankings* on the ladder.
4th seat: Whoever showed the best** forum presence/discussion starter.
5th seat: Whoever showed the best*** IRC presence.
6th seat: A combination of the above roles
7th seat: A combination of the above roles
8th seat: A combination of the above roles

*Think top #15 throughout the round, or top 30 with plenty of alts.
**The np threads will be weighed heavily for this; people who post excellent posts in the np threads will be considered more for this slot. Posting in the other threads is still important though!
***Oglemi and I will subjectively choose this based on criteria along the same lines as who gets picked for Poster of the Month.

Furthermore, unlike the old rotating council, there will also be some permanent spots. These semi-permanent spots will be rewarded to users who go above and beyond for a certain amount of rounds, and are consistently active in RU. However, if a member who has a permanent spot starts to go inactive, unless they have a very legitimate reason, they will lose their permanent spot. Hopefully, this will ensure that people who get permanent spots will be encouraged to keep doing what they were given a permanent spot for!

The end of each round and the requirements to get on the rotating council will be posted periodically.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
This is nice, and would probably spark some much-needed activity, too.

Question: How would you keep track of "consistent" ladderers? Will you guys be keeping screenshots every other day or so? Or should the players take responsibility in keeping track of their laddering record?

Also, which #1 gets the first seat? The one at the end of the first two weeks or the other? Because it seems kinda biased to choose one.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
This is nice, and would probably spark some much-needed activity, too.

Question: How would you keep track of "consistent" ladderers? Will you guys be keeping screenshots every other day or so? Or should the players take responsibility in keeping track of their laddering record?
We'll be keeping track like I used to; taking screenshots periodically and just generally checking to see the top of the ladders. I used to provide another list of alts that may not be at the top of the end of the round but were for a majority of it. It'll be the same deal here.

Also, which #1 gets the first seat? The one at the end of the first two weeks or the other? Because it seems kinda biased to choose one.
Good point. I haven't confirmed with SV but we'll probably just have 2 seats provided to the two #1 on the ladders, assuming it isn't the same person.

EDIT: jk just confirmed with sv that that's what we'll do.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Myself and SilentVerse have decided to call it quits to the Rotating Council.

As far as council systems go, this is by far my favorite model. Myself and Nails worked hard to perfect it, and me and sv worked hard to keep it going and running as an efficient model.

However, me and Nails also created it out of necessity; the suspect tests that were used in the past were no longer allowed, so we made do.

Now with the OU model of council + suspect test available, it looks to be the best in terms of efficiency and fairness.

What will happen in the future is the suspects will be determined by the tiering leader(s), and will be voted on by voters that must obtain a Glicko2 rating of 1950 or higher and a Glicko2 deviation of 55 or lower on the "RU (current)" ladder. (Actual rating and deviation to be finalized at a later point.)

And in other news, SilentVerse has decided to take a break from co-leading with me for a while. I want to thank him personally for always being there for me when I needed him and for taking the position in stride and confidence. I'll be taking the helm solo for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)