RU RU Ladder Tour V - Semifinals

Ampha

"They don’t call me Greed for nothing!"
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
imagem_2024-03-04_235308912.png

1678174573482.png
Welcome to the official RU ladder tour (RULT), where qualified ladder players will get a chance to compete amongst themselves to earn points for the RU Circuit Playoffs. We are now starting the first stage of the playoffs phase, where the 24 qualified players will battle each other in a single elimination seeded bracket to see who moves on to the top 16, top 2 of each cycle got a bye on round 1, Players continue playing in this single elimination stage until the winner is decided. This is a Type B tournament.

Tour Specific Rules:
  • This is a standard SV RU tournament.
  • Best of three, single elimination tournament.
  • Matchups are based on seeds, according to how well you did on the overall count of cycles.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokémon Showdown (main or smogtours).
  • All matches are to be played in [Gen 9] RU. If a ban or unban to the tier occurs during a round, the change will take effect as of the following round.
  • Replays are required, if you don't post them / if they aren't public, your games will not count.
Standard Rules and Clauses:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokémon with the same Pokédex number on his team.
  • Sleep Clause: You cannot inflict sleep upon more than one member of the opposing team.
  • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned.
  • OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
Semifinals

#1 THE_CHUNGLER vs #20 Master Chief
#2 hjkhj vs #3 hi.naming is hard

Good luck to all competitors!
REPLAYS ARE REQUIRED!!!
Round 3 deadline is Sunday, March 31st at 11:59 PM GMT-4!

Last edited:

Rarelyme

Comfortably Numb
is a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator
Very cool semi-finals, the three top seeds have managed to make it that far which is oddly surprising because most of their opponents were more established and experienced in the tier, so props to them.

#1 THE_CHUNGLER vs #20 Master Chief --> Master Chief had a very hard path to get to these semis as he had to defeat yovan, Lime and Feliburn. On the other hand, Chungler beat LBN and Ming. While I think Chungler has gained a ton of experience thanks to this tournament and his in game has gotten better and better, I am still unsure if he has what it takes to get through Master Chief. Even if he didn't have the shiniest ladder experience during the qualifying cycles, I think Master Chief was seen has one of the top dogs of these Playoffs and his presence here confirms it. His builds are very solid, he pilots them efficiently and his Scalds burn, now if that's not a winning combo tell me what is. I trust Chungler to make this serie as close as possible and would of course not be surprised if he ends up winning. 40-60

#2 hjkhj vs #3 hi.naming is hard --> The hidden boss matchup with one guy I know close to nothing about but I bolded twice against him and he proved me wrong twice and another I don't know that much about except that he is very nice and listens to eifo when he shows demonic coalossal sets. I think I might be blessing hjkhj by bolding against him so I'm not sure who I'm doing a favor to here tbh. Nonetheless, I think gew can win this serie because he has (at least I hope) help from the other chinese like Metallica or S0ul King who are very talented RU players as well as the support of his rupl china team. He beat eifo and Hoopsspooh to get here, notably winning in g3 with a sample against a team I know Hoop was very comfortable with which was impressive. hjkhj is of course not here because of chance, he won against feen and Metallica which is also very impressive. He definitively has his shot notably because he still manages to win with stall despite his opponents knowing damn well he will bring it which shows a deep understanding of the archetype and the meta. Very close one. 45-55

#1 THE_CHUNGLER vs #20 Master Chief - I know MC has done the funny by usurping Feliburn as the better Feliburn, but Chungler remains consistent in the builder and in games. 65/35

#2 hjkhj vs #3 hi.naming is hard - I went 4-0 in predicts last week, but honestly with the way several series went I shouldn't have - hnih vs Hoops being the main one. I think hjkhj remains the best RU Stall player (not builder :psysly: ) and the structures and in-game rhythm of Gew don't strike me as the kind to beat a more methodical approach. I expect to see a Bellibolt Stall (the good Electro Belli... hopefully...) winning here. 70/30

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)