Project RU Lure That Threat! Week 10: Roserade (Sub)

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Zizalith (Tyrantrum) because Bewear is basically always used as the primary pivot into it to see the set compared to other mons where stuff like Donhpan (Lycanroc) is pivoted in much before for example

Congratulations zizalith for winning this week and both Katy and hobosnake for coming second!

Next Lure is...

Roserade @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Synthesis
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power Fire
[Sub ends 23rd September]​

Katy

Banned deucer.
z -dream eater rotom cut

:sm/Rotom-Mow:
Rotom-Mow @ Psychium Z
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Dream Eater

Usally Roserade can come in on Rotom-Mow and can tank any hit from it due to its typing and the resistances to Rotom-Mow moves.
It has also Synthesisfor its longevity against Rotom-Mow, but Z-Dream Eater will do the trick,
when Roserade tries to come in on Rotom-Mow: 252 SpA Rotom-Mow Shattered Psyche (180 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Roserade: 324-382 (124.1 - 146.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:
got a spicy one

diancie.gif

Diancie @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
Modest Nature
- Rock Polish
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Psyshock

Normally Roserade can swap in on anything from standard diancie and threaten to KO in response. With this set, you can use the switch as an opportunity to set up, and then outspeed/KO with psyshock. With the speed boost, diancie can actually beat a lot of stuff you wouldn't expect it to, including mblastoise, virizion and necrozma.

252+ SpA Life Orb Diancie Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Roserade: 294-348 (112.6 - 133.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Diancie Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Blastoise-Mega: 165-195 (55.1 - 65.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Life Orb Diancie Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Virizion: 296-351 (91.6 - 108.6%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Life Orb Diancie Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Necrozma: 203-239 (60.5 - 71.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

porygon2.gif

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Calm Nature
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 124 SpA / 128 SpD
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Tri Attack

124 SpA Porygon2 Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Roserade: 146-172 (55.9 - 65.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Roserade Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 128+ SpD Eviolite Porygon2: 149-177 (39.8 - 47.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Roserade Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 128+ SpD Eviolite Porygon2: 105-125 (28 - 33.4%) -- 0% chance to 3HKO

Flower Bouqet

Florges (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SpA / 144 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Energy Ball
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]/Hidden Power [Ground]

Not gonna take credit for the set because Snow (change back to dbw) brought this set up. I have used it, however, and I very much like it. Specs Florg is arguably the most unexpected set in RU and it can do heavy damage to the mons like roserade (okho), registeel, metagross (outspeeds offensive rocks and 2hkos), dragalge (outspeeds and 2hkos), escavalier (ohkos band), etc.. that otherwise love the opportunity to switch into the general cleric set and set hazards or fire off strong stabs. 112 Spa with specs has some very serious firepower and Florg has the movepool to smack every mon in the tier very, very hard, and net consistent KOs. HP ground can also be ran if you would rather OHKO salazzle and 2HKO Arcanine rather than beat Escav. It works really well on offensive teams with scarfed heal wishers like shaymin and gardevoir.​

Last edited:
->

Ability: Queenly Majesty
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Power Whip
- U-turn
- Bounce

I've personally used this set myself on ladder and have had decent success with it. Usually Roserade (especially Z variants) can comfortably check Tsareena and hit it extremely hard with Sludge Bomb. But Z-Bounce is able to lure it in and OHKO it. This set also lures a lot of other meta relevant mons like Golisopod, Toxicroak, and Virizion.

252+ Atk
(160 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def
: 268-316 (198.5 - 234%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:
Cloyster @ Life Orb
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 236 Atk / 20 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Shell Smash
- Liquidation
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Shard

rose is an easy way to scare cloy out cause every move kills. if u run lo ice shard u kill most of the time after rocks and u can also use it to take stuff like noivern, scept, swellow, viriz (all of which scare cloy out) and other weakened mons by surprise

esche

Frust kommt auf, denn der Bus kommt nicht
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
idk if posting is still up but

:slowbro:
Slowbro @ Rindo Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Slack Off

pretty straightforward lure to m-sceptile, virizion and roserade

252 SpA Life Orb Roserade Leaf Storm vs. 248 HP / 88 SpD Rindo Berry Slowbro: 290-343 (73.7 - 87.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
0 SpA Slowbro Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Roserade: 246-290 (94.2 - 111.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after 1 round of Life Orb damage

->

Ability: Queenly Majesty
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Power Whip
- U-turn
- Bounce

I've personally used this set myself on ladder and have had decent success with it. Usually Roserade (especially Z variants) can comfortably check Tsareena and hit it extremely hard with Sludge Bomb. But Z-Bounce is able to lure it in and OHKO it. This set also lures a lot of other meta relevant mons like Golisopod, Toxicroak, and Virizion.

252+ Atk
(160 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def
: 268-316 (198.5 - 234%) -- guaranteed OHKO

I realize this thread is kind of dead (sad to see it go, but I guess it was inevitable with the generation shift) but reading this again and looking at that 200% HP kill gave me pause. Other than getting 81.6 - 96% vs. goli instead of just forcing emergency exit (or possibly threatening a free 2HKO if sitrus thanks to queenly majesty), I'm not finding a solid reason to run z-bounce over itemless acrobatics. It hits almost as hard (still OHKOing all the other mons you list) and works more than once. It also doesn't burn the z-move slot while still allowing you to convincingly *bluff* a Z-move before you reveal acrobatics (so e.g. mandibuzz might get spooked expecting fairium Z, opponent won't expect the z on another mon, etc.)... goddang Tsareena's a fun mon, I hope gen7ru never dies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)