Resource RU Samples

taken over by me and op stolen from Arifeen
banner done by @iphibi
approved by phantom

PicsArt_03-10-05.38.54.png

Hello! This thread serves as a place for successful RU teams intended to help new players get acclimated to the metagame and different playstyles. The subtle differences in each tier can make RU seem overwhelming, even to seasoned veterans of other tiers. Here, you can post and archive your own team for new RU players to use.

Posting Guidelines
  • Give a short explanation of the role that each member of your team plays, and how the team works.
  • Provide an importable.
  • You must have some experience with your team before posting. Don’t post a team you just made in the team builder and thought looked good. Providing replays is a good way to prove that you have used your team a fair bit and that it’s viable; it will also give us an idea of how to play with the team.
  • Your team must represent the current metagame.
  • You must PM me here or on Discord (bebo#2611) with the above criteria for approval.
  • Do not post a team without approval.
  • 1-liners are not allowed. If you have a question, PM over Discord (My Discord is above) with any questions, I can guarantee I will provide an answer quickly. Posting them here simply clogs the thread and makes it harder for new players to find samples, don't do it.

Last edited:
Current Samples
Dual Sweeper Bulky Offense by Oathkeepre
Passimian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Salazzle @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Corrosion
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Toxic

Silvally-Fairy @ Fairy Memory
Ability: RKS System
Jolly Nature
- Multi-Attack
- Psychic Fangs
- U-turn
- Swords Dance

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 192 Atk / 64 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Body Slam
- Darkest Lariat
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Steelix @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Mantine @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Roost
- Defog

Passimian: This monkey serves as the speed control for the team with its Choice Scarf should the other 2 set up sweepers/wincons in Fairyvally and Salazzle go down. It can outspeed Salazzle and OHKO it with Earthquake (especially the SubToxiTect variants) as well as prevent Snorlax from completely wiping the floor with this team. It also serves as a pivot with U-turn to go into said sweepers or hazard control.

Salazzle: The first of the two set up sweepers is this lady lizard. It gets Nasty Plot to do this and can even bluff setting up with Toxic. Thanks to its ability in Corrosion, Toxic will affect anything including fellow Poison-types and Steel-types. Since Hidden Power was removed for this generation, it lacks good coverage move but dual STABs serve it well with Fire Blast and Sludge Wave. Thanks to these moves, it can help out its teammate in Silvally-Fairy. Speaking of which.....

Silvally-Fairy: Man oh man did this thing get better! Along with the rest of its brethren, Multi-Attack got a huge buff from base 90 power to base 120. Because of that, I chose to make it a sweeper to first and foremost, OHKO Goodra, and secondly sweep late game when all Steels and Poisons are gone. However, another nifty little addition is that all the Silvallys got Psychic Fangs. This works very well on this Silvally forme since Poisons are an easy lure for it. For instance, any non-Heavy Duty Boots Salazzle can go down to 1 Psychic Fangs hit after rocks damage. Other than that, its got Swords Dance to deal massive damage, U-turn to pivot out for momentum, and takes the Draco Meteors from Goodra.

Snorlax: This big oaf is quietly the MVP of the team. It's used as the default Goodra check thanks to its ridiculous bulk and special defense. It easily comes in on Fire Blasts and need not worry about a burn due to this set being a RestTalk set. It can even come in on any of its other moves and eat them up and even risk attacking on the next turn. The EV spread is thanks to bkdrew which allows it to 2HKO Silvally-Ghost with Darkest Lariat, which is a new move to it this gen.

Steelix: The rocker for the team. I gave it dual STABs in Earthquake and Heavy Slam and threw in Toxic to be annoying for other teams and for opposing Mantine which resist both STABs. I maximized its special defense since its physical defense is already up there. It also serves as a reliable normal/flying resist for the team since the rest of the team lacks it.

Mantine: And finally we have the hazard control. Mantine is yet another Pokemon that benefits from the new item in Heavy Duty Boots since it can come in on Stealth Rock with no issues. Mantine also serves as a nice check to opposing Steelix, NP Salazzle, and Passimian among others and Defog is where the hazard control comes in. Although the team doesn't suffer hugely from it since the team is comprised of 2 Boots users, a Fighting type, and a Steel type, a RestTalk mon, and Fairyvally, it always is a must on teams.

Possible problems:
  • At first glance,

CAN be, but as I stated before, the team does have enough coverage to force Goodra into mind games and pick the right move for the right situation.
  • Should Salazzle go down, this team practically instaloses to

unless Fairyvally can take it down via Psychic Fangs.

• is also a problem once Passimian goes down, especially with the CurseTalk set since nothing will be able to stop it once it gets going.

Bewear + Indeedee Bulky Offense built by lighthouses

Vileplume @ Black Sludge
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Strength Sap
- Stun Spore
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Rock Head
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Rock Blast

Indeedee (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Mystical Fire
- Hyper Voice

bolinha n_n (Togedemaru) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Nuzzle
- Zing Zap

Bewear @ Chople Berry
Ability: Fluffy
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Darkest Lariat
- Body Slam
- Drain Punch

EVs: 248 HP / 84 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- Toxic
- Roost

Xatu Bulky Offense built by Bebo

Xatu @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Psychic
- Heat Wave
- Toxic

Bewear @ Silk Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Double-Edge
- Drain Punch
- Darkest Lariat

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Scald
- Defog
- Toxic

Passimian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Silvally-Steel @ Steel Memory
Ability: RKS System
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Multi-Attack
- U-turn
- Rock Slide

Drednaw + Hitmonlee Offense built by aVocado
Drednaw @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Liquidation
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish

Hitmonlee (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Steelix @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Indeedee (M) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Hyper Voice
- Aromatherapy
- Mystical Fire

Rillaboom @ Choice Band
Ability: Overgrow
Jolly Nature
- Drum Beating
- Wood Hammer
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Rotom-Frost @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Blizzard
- Nasty Plot
- Pain Split

This is my early take on offense in ru. being someone that only recently started playing gen 8 seriously (after things settled down a bit), i wanted to use some of the more interesting mons in ru and to me those were rillaboom, indeedee, and rotom-frost. each one of those mons provides a key role for the team. indeedee is an all around great scarfer being both reasonably fast while being strong and having good stabs + coverage. aromatherapy also allows for a quick refresher when one of ur main guys gets randomly burned or whatever. rotom-frost's role mainly is to cover mantine and vileplume, while being a nuisance to a lot of teams in general. it has good survivability with pain split while the ice+electric coverage coupled with nasty plot can easily break through common cores in ru atm.

rillaboom hits like a fucking truck and it's the mon you'd use to break past any given wall. dark/grass coverage is incredible and wood hammer hits very hard while u-turn is always good. hitmonlee was added for spinning but mach punch has also proven quite useful. you can also use rapid spin's speed boost to sweep with it.

finally, drednaw is the reason i built this team in the first place but he turned out to not be the star of the team :shrug:, it's still strong but disappointed me a few times with random misses here and there. use swords dance when the enemies team is slower, rock polish vs offense teams. rock polish is good cuz liquidation with LO boost and adamant nature is surprisingly strong.

steelix is just glue and provides rocks

the team struggles a bit vs fighting types but u gotta rely on being faster, wearing them down, or just nuking them with indeedee's psychic.

CB Copperajah+ Ninetales Bulky Offense built by Funbot28
Copperajah @ Choice Band
Ability: Heavy Metal
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Heat Crash
- Power Whip
- Earthquake

Mudsdale @ Leftovers
Ability: Stamina
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Toxic

Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Mystical Fire
- Trick

EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Roost
- Toxic

Ninetales @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Drought
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Toxic
- Nasty Plot

Bewear @ Silk Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Double-Edge
- Close Combat
- Darkest Lariat

Made this fun CB Copperajah Bulky Offense that I feel has a lot of merit in the metagame rn considering how it packs a bunch of wallbreakers that can easily overwhelm all the balance / opposing bulky offense spam that is going on right now.

CB Rajah hits like a fucking truck and not much can avoid a 2HKO from this monster apart from dedicated switchins like fully defensive Mudsdale and.... ye thats it lol. I wanted to pair it with a physical wallbreaker that appreciates Rajah's initial ability to breakthrough most of the metagame, so I thought SD Bewear would be a dope pick as it loves shit like Quagsire and defensive Vileplume being weakened so it can have a much more easier time cleaning up lategame. It also provides some additional physical bulk to the team which is also really appreciated especially when facing off against threats like SD GhostVally and Rillaboom especially.

For special wallbreakers, I decided to go with the core of NP Ninetales and Scarf Indeedee as they both can deal with eachother's checks quite well. Ninetale's of course dealing with most Steel types alongside providing additional power to Indeedee's own Fire coverage while Indeedee can provide a nice speed control for the team as it is one of the fastest Scarfers used rn and can also cripple common Ninetale checks like Mantine, Jellicent, Coalossal with a Trick + Scarf as it can lure them in quite often. I decided to go with Boots on Ninetale's so I don't always need to rely on Defog in order to make it come in safely, but Life Orb/Charcoal also works here just fine.

For the defensive backbone, I went with the standard Mudsdale + Mantine classic core that really just works wonders rn. Mud can check most physical threats that can punish Tine such as Boltund, Cincinno, and Escavalier while Tine helps check stupid shit like Salazzle, opposing Ninetale's, and certain Indeedee.

Def not having a sturdy Steel type here means that opposing Indeedee can just go ham especially if it's the Specs / Twisted Spoon + CM sets and can properly predict around Mantine + Rajah switchins. Opposing Bewear can also be a huge problem at +2 since Mudsdale really needs a defense boost to properly deal with it and even then Fluffy means that it cannot immediately damage it.

All in all, i think the team works quite well and gets to showcase new threats that came into the tier from last tier shift quite nicely.

Choice Specs-Indeedee-M Offense built by Katy
Indeedee (M) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam
- Mystical Fire

Steelix @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Defog

Rotom @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunderbolt
- Hex
- Nasty Plot

Bewear @ Silk Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Double-Edge
- Close Combat
- Darkest Lariat

Rillaboom @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-turn

This is an offensive team built around Choice Specs-Indeedee-M because this is one of the most dangerous pokémon in the RU-Tier currently.
It provides a great offensive typing in psychic as most pokémon don't resist its STAB-options, whereas Dazzling Gleam and Mystical Fire can be helpful coverage options
as especially Mystical Fire deals with the resistances to its psychic-attacks well, Steelix,Silvally-Steel and Copperajah.
Indeedees first teammate is Steelix, which is there to set Stealth Rocks on the field to cripple opposing mons down and is a good ground-type with the assets to check Boltund,
Flapple and Silvally-Fairy.
Third teammate is Mantine which is a way to check Ninetales and can lure in problematic grass-types in due to its access to stab Air Slash which is helpful
against Vileplume, Whimsicott and is also a way to hit Gastrodon.
Rotom is another good breaker in the Tier with this Natsy Plot boosted Thunderbolt and Hex which lets it easily break through a wide variety of pokémon and it tanks a hit with the help of
Colbur Berry from opposing rotom, Knock Off Passimian and it can cripple especially fighting-types really well with Will-O-Wisp.
It's also a way to negate Leftovers-recovery and Black Sludge-recovery from the likes of Gastrodon and Vileplume. Bewear is another good breaker and helps against Snorlax
which can be otherwise annoying to this team. Rillaboom is here to offer speed-control and can help to maintain Momentum with U-turn.
Its coverage-options are Earthquake to bypass steel-types and Knock Off to get rid off necessary Items like Leftovers and Heavy-Duty-Boots from opposing pokémon -
Wood Hammer is its Main-STAB-option and more powerful than its signature-move in Drum Beating and can guarantee necessary 2HKOs or OHKOs.

This team however has its weaknesses too, one of the first is opposing Indeedee-M as this pokémon is really tough to switch into, especially when the opponent predicts right.
Ninetales is a threat to this team as it only has Mantine as a check and can only be revengekilled by Choice Scarf-Rillabooms Earthquake and last but not least
Vanilluxe because its strong STAB in Blizzard hits Mantine and Steelix for neutral damage.

I wanna give a big shoutout to Emre Mor 9 who built the initial version of this team.

Last edited:
DUAL SWEEPERS BULKY OFFENSE

Importable: https://pokepast.es/db237dccf4f2c675

First of all, a huge shoutout to bkdrew for his help with a couple of things (EV setup on Snorlax and scarf Rilla to scarf Pass).

Passimian: This monkey serves as the speed control for the team with its Choice Scarf should the other 2 set up sweepers/wincons in Fairyvally and Salazzle go down. It can outspeed Salazzle and OHKO it with Earthquake (especially the SubToxiTect variants) as well as prevent Snorlax from completely wiping the floor with this team. It also serves as a pivot with U-turn to go into said sweepers or hazard control.

Salazzle: The first of the two set up sweepers is this lady lizard. It gets Nasty Plot to do this and can even bluff setting up with Toxic. Thanks to its ability in Corrosion, Toxic will affect anything including fellow Poison-types and Steel-types. Since Hidden Power was removed for this generation, it lacks good coverage move but dual STABs serve it well with Fire Blast and Sludge Wave. Thanks to these moves, it can help out its teammate in Silvally-Fairy. Speaking of which.....

Silvally-Fairy: Man oh man did this thing get better! Along with the rest of its brethren, Multi-Attack got a huge buff from base 90 power to base 120. Because of that, I chose to make it a sweeper to first and foremost, OHKO Goodra, and secondly sweep late game when all Steels and Poisons are gone. However, another nifty little addition is that all the Silvallys got Psychic Fangs. This works very well on this Silvally forme since Poisons are an easy lure for it. For instance, any non-Heavy Duty Boots Salazzle can go down to 1 Psychic Fangs hit after rocks damage. Other than that, its got Swords Dance to deal massive damage, U-turn to pivot out for momentum, and takes the Draco Meteors from Goodra.

Snorlax: This big oaf is quietly the MVP of the team. It's used as the default Goodra check thanks to its ridiculous bulk and special defense. It easily comes in on Fire Blasts and need not worry about a burn due to this set being a RestTalk set. It can even come in on any of its other moves and eat them up and even risk attacking on the next turn. The EV spread is thanks to bkdrew which allows it to 2HKO Silvally-Ghost with Darkest Lariat, which is a new move to it this gen.

Steelix: The rocker for the team. I gave it dual STABs in Earthquake and Heavy Slam and threw in Toxic to be annoying for other teams and for opposing Mantine which resist both STABs. I maximized its special defense since its physical defense is already up there. It also serves as a reliable normal/flying resist for the team since the rest of the team lacks it.

Mantine: And finally we have the hazard control. Mantine is yet another Pokemon that benefits from the new item in Heavy Duty Boots since it can come in on Stealth Rock with no issues. Mantine also serves as a nice check to opposing Steelix, NP Salazzle, and Passimian among others and Defog is where the hazard control comes in. Although the team doesn't suffer hugely from it since the team is comprised of 2 Boots users, a Fighting type, and a Steel type, a RestTalk mon, and Fairyvally, it always is a must on teams.

Possible problems:
  • At first glance,
    CAN be, but as I stated before, the team does have enough coverage to force Goodra into mind games and pick the right move for the right situation.
  • Should Salazzle go down, this team practically instaloses to
    unless Fairyvally can take it down via Psychic Fangs.
  • is also a problem once Passimian goes down, especially with the CurseTalk set since nothing will be able to stop it once it gets going.

Last edited:

aVocado

I mean, where the fuck should I really even start?
is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
:drednaw: :hitmonlee: :steelix: :indeedee: :rillaboom: :rotom-frost:
Drednaw @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Liquidation
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish

Hitmonlee (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Steelix @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Hyper Voice
- Aromatherapy
- Mystical Fire

Rillaboom @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Drum Beating
- Wood Hammer
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Rotom-Frost @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Blizzard
- Nasty Plot
- Pain Split

This is my early take on offense in ru. being someone that only recently started playing gen 8 seriously (after things settled down a bit), i wanted to use some of the more interesting mons in ru and to me those were rillaboom, indeedee, and rotom-frost. each one of those mons provides a key role for the team. indeedee is an all around great scarfer being both reasonably fast while being strong and having good stabs + coverage. aromatherapy also allows for a quick refresher when one of ur main guys gets randomly burned or whatever. rotom-frost's role mainly is to cover mantine and vileplume, while being a nuisance to a lot of teams in general. it has good survivability with pain split while the ice+electric coverage coupled with nasty plot can easily break through common cores in ru atm.

rillaboom hits like a fucking truck and it's the mon you'd use to break past any given wall. dark/grass coverage is incredible and wood hammer hits very hard while u-turn is always good. hitmonlee was added for spinning but mach punch has also proven quite useful. you can also use rapid spin's speed boost to sweep with it.

finally, drednaw is the reason i built this team in the first place but he turned out to not be the star of the team :shrug:, it's still strong but disappointed me a few times with random misses here and there. use swords dance when the enemies team is slower, rock polish vs offense teams. rock polish is good cuz liquidation with LO boost and adamant nature is surprisingly strong.

steelix is just glue and provides rocks

the team struggles a bit vs fighting types but u gotta rely on being faster, wearing them down, or just nuking them with indeedee's psychic.

Funbot28

Men say I taste like sugar but ain't shit sweet
is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Made this fun CB Copperajah Bulky Offense that I feel has a lot of merit in the metagame rn considering how it packs a bunch of wallbreakers that can easily overwhelm all the balance / opposing bulky offense spam that is going on right now.

CB Rajah hits like a fucking truck and not much can avoid a 2HKO from this monster apart from dedicated switchins like fully defensive Mudsdale and.... ye thats it lol. I wanted to pair it with a physical wallbreaker that appreciates Rajah's initial ability to breakthrough most of the metagame, so I thought SD Bewear would be a dope pick as it loves shit like Quagsire and defensive Vileplume being weakened so it can have a much more easier time cleaning up lategame. It also provides some additional physical bulk to the team which is also really appreciated especially when facing off against threats like SD GhostVally and Rillaboom especially.

For special wallbreakers, I decided to go with the core of NP Ninetales and Scarf Indeedee as they both can deal with eachother's checks quite well. Ninetale's of course dealing with most Steel types alongside providing additional power to Indeedee's own Fire coverage while Indeedee can provide a nice speed control for the team as it is one of the fastest Scarfers used rn and can also cripple common Ninetale checks like Mantine, Jellicent, Coalossal with a Trick + Scarf as it can lure them in quite often. I decided to go with Boots on Ninetale's so I don't always need to rely on Defog in order to make it come in safely, but Life Orb/Charcoal also works here just fine.

For the defensive backbone, I went with the standard Mudsdale + Mantine classic core that really just works wonders rn. Mud can check most physical threats that can punish Tine such as Boltund, Cincinno, and Escavalier while Tine helps check stupid shit like Salazzle, opposing Ninetale's, and certain Indeedee.

Def not having a sturdy Steel type here means that opposing Indeedee can just go ham especially if it's the Specs / Twisted Spoon + CM sets and can properly predict around Mantine + Rajah switchins. Opposing Bewear can also be a huge problem at +2 since Mudsdale really needs a defense boost to properly deal with it and even then Fluffy means that it cannot immediately damage it.

All in all, i think the team works quite well and gets to showcase new threats that came into the tier from last tier shift quite nicely.

Choice Specs-Indeedee-M Offense

:Indeedee: :steelix: :mantine: :rotom: :bewear: :Rillaboom:

Importable:
Indeedee (M) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam
- Mystical Fire

Steelix @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Defog

Rotom @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunderbolt
- Hex
- Nasty Plot

Bewear @ Silk Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Double-Edge
- Close Combat
- Darkest Lariat

Rillaboom @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Explanation:
This is an offensive team built around Choice Specs-Indeedee-M because this is one of the most dangerous pokémon in the RU-Tier currently.
It provides a great offensive typing in psychic as most pokémon don't resist its STAB-options, whereas Dazzling Gleam and Mystical Fire can be helpful coverage options
as especially Mystical Fire deals with the resistances to its psychic-attacks well, Steelix,Silvally-Steel and Copperajah.
Indeedees first teammate is Steelix, which is there to set Stealth Rocks on the field to cripple opposing mons down and is a good ground-type with the assets to check Boltund,
Flapple and Silvally-Fairy.
Third teammate is Mantine which is a way to check Ninetales and can lure in problematic grass-types in due to its access to stab Air Slash which is helpful
against Vileplume, Whimsicott and is also a way to hit Gastrodon.
Rotom is another good breaker in the Tier with this Natsy Plot boosted Thunderbolt and Hex which lets it easily break through a wide variety of pokémon and it tanks a hit with the help of
Colbur Berry from opposing rotom, Knock Off Passimian and it can cripple especially fighting-types really well with Will-O-Wisp.
It's also a way to negate Leftovers-recovery and Black Sludge-recovery from the likes of Gastrodon and Vileplume. Bewear is another good breaker and helps against Snorlax
which can be otherwise annoying to this team. Rillaboom is here to offer speed-control and can help to maintain Momentum with U-turn.
Its coverage-options are Earthquake to bypass steel-types and Knock Off to get rid off necessary Items like Leftovers and Heavy-Duty-Boots from opposing pokémon -
Wood Hammer is its Main-STAB-option and more powerful than its signature-move in Drum Beating and can guarantee necessary 2HKOs or OHKOs.

This team however has its weaknesses too, one of the first is opposing Indeedee-M as this pokémon is really tough to switch into, especially when the opponent predicts right.
Ninetales is a threat to this team as it only has Mantine as a check and can only be revengekilled by Choice Scarf-Rillabooms Earthquake and last but not least
Vanilluxe because its strong STAB in Blizzard hits Mantine and Steelix for neutral damage.

I wanna give a big shoutout to Emre Mor 9 who built the initial version of this team.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 1)