RU Sub Meloetta

Status
Not open for further replies.
This team is one that I built fairly quickly, and I feel like it could be good with positive feedback and construction. It is focused around Meloetta-Aria.
Meloetta @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Hyper Voice
The star of this team. It is meant to set up a sub on something that it can tank attacks from, like a blastoise. IF you can get a sub up before he scalds, you can get some Calm Minds going and maybe a sweep.

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot
This Garbador is meant to support the Meloetta, because it sets entry hazards, while also performing as a physical wall/tank, and walls other bulky mons like Venusaur. With his hazards up, and meloetta setting up, there is a better chance of a sweep because of the residual damage.

Virizion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Zen Headbutt
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
The is the most changeable mon to my team in my opinion. It dosent really fit on the team, and is only on the team because I needed a filler. It is the Lum Berry set, with Swords Dance and 3 coverage moves. Whats good is it can deal with Meloetta's threats like Absol and non-scarf Drapion

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Superpower
When I build a team, people tell me that I need a pivot. I didnt have enough physical attackers, plus I needed that pivot and a wall breaker. It can take holes in the opponent team, so Meloetta can late/middle game clean up.

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Scald
Alo is an obvious staple for most RU teams, and that is because of its Wish passing Potential. I can keep my bulky mons alive, and even Meloetta if I have to take it out from its sub.

Diancie @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Gentle Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Heal Bell
- Diamond Storm
Diancie is there for more entry hazards and to deal with Fletchinder. It also takes annoying statues away, and can tank most special attacks.

I think this team could be more solid, and a notable threat to Meloetta that isnt covered very well is Escavalier. I cant really do anything to it and it can destroy Meloetta. Another counter is Bronzong. If you could help me out with this team, that would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)