RU Sub Virizion

This team is mainly centered around Virizion and Drapion. Virizion has a sub SD set, while Drapion has a standard SD set. Here is the team..
Drapion @ Leftovers
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Tail
- Swords Dance
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
First there is Drapion. He is used to knock off incoming switches, and set up swords dance on pokemon that cant really hurt him. He has aqua tail for Diancie and other rock type threats, such as Rhypherior. He has Poison Jab to hurt Alomomola after it has been knocked off, also hurting mons like Virizion and Sceptile, while giving nice STAB.

Glalie-Mega @ Glalitite
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Ice Shard
- Double-Edge
- Freeze-Dry
- Earthquake
Glalie is used for wallbreaking, and catching Alomomola off guard with freeze dry. He has Ice Shard for revenge kill capability and Earthquake for fire type mons such as Delphox, Houndoom, and Camerupt. He has Double Edge for wall breaking potential, or even killing some mons like Flygon, Venusaur, and Virizion.

Virizion @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Substitute
This is the main set up sweeper for the team. The goal is for the other team members to take out threats, and then Virizion can set up Sub on Alomomola's Scald, then set up Swords Dances and kill even some fire type threats. Leaf Blade is for nice STAB, and can kill Flygon in one shot at +2. Close Combat is also pretty good STAB, and can hit threats like Braviary for neutral damage.

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 120 HP / 136 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Protect
- Wish
- Toxic
Alo is for wish passing into other mons and giving out burns with Scald. It can also break other bulky mons with Toxic, Wish, Protect stall. It's good for bulky support and high hp Wish passes. It can take down Virizion's threats like Aerodactyl, and Mega Camerupt.

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
This is my primary lead, can set up rocks and take alot of hits. He can also start Dragon Tail after his rocks are up and maybe hit some incoming Flygon. He can take out Fletchinder, Golbat, and Diancie, all threats to Virizion.

Golbat @ Eviolite
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Super Fang
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn
Golbat is for hazard removal and a good pivot. He can Super Fang down some high HP targets like Alomomola and Rhy, while keeping his HP up with Roost. I only put him in the last slot because I had no pivot and no type of hazard removal. His spot is up for changing.

The main threat I see to this team is Medicham. Not only can it take out Alomomola in 2 hits with High Jump Kick, it caries Ice Punch, and can 2HKO Golbat with the life orb set. Can kill Virizion with Psycho Cut, and kill Rhy with HJK. Also kills Glalie with Drain Punch.

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Hi,

SD Drapion / MGlalie / SubSD Virizion / Mola / Rhyperior / Golbat

I notice a very exploitableflaw in your team that its very weak to offensive Fighting + Psychic cores which could spread through your team. Heck even a well played specs Meloetta could potentially win on its own. So to stop that from happening I think you should run more reliable checks to said type. Also CB Flygon can run house on this team of they weaken Mola.

First change I'd recommend is changing Mega Glalie -> Sneasel. This gives you something to also revenge kill Delphox and of course check Psychic-types better with Dark STABs. You may miss out on Mega Glalie's super wallbreaking abilities but Sneasel adds much more utility.

Next I think you should change Golbat -> Granbull. Golbat to be frank is as in this meta and Granbull can check stuff like Medicham so much better. Granbull can shake off status for Mola and Rhyperior and provide TWave support. Defog isnt too important since most of your Pokemon can fare well w/ or w/o hazards up.

I'd change your Rhyperior set to be more specially defensive, have Roar > Dragon Tail, and Rock Blast > Stone Edge. SpDef because Rhyperior doesnt need anymore physical bulk and it allows it to check stuff like Houndoom and Jolteon much better. Roar because Braviary can become a huge problem for the the team and Dragon Tail can't stop Sub sweepers. And Rock Blast for safety reasons against Archeops and Vivillon, the former more than the ladder as it can stop Stealth Rock from getting up on your side.

You might want to try Lum Berry and Zen Headbutt > Leftovers and Swords Dance. You want to hit Venusaur really badly on this team so you aren't dependent on Snark and Lum Berry is almost like a one time Substitute so you aren't missing out on too much.

Hope I helped

Thanks for the reply, I aleady changed golbat to jolteon, and ill try your sets, as medicham and meloetta have been large threats to this team. I think granbull is a good idea because it can take away toxic, and ive lost many games to toxic stall. I will try granbul over jolteon now. I will try the lum berry virizion set. Sneasel is super powerful, as i have used it before, so i can it on this team. Thanks...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)