Project RU Teambuilding Factory (Moved to new thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, the team that I got from the similar thread in NU brought me excellent results so I thought I might as well try here. I've always wanted to build a team with Sigilyph. I'm not particularly picky on the type of the team aside from full Stall so, have at it o generous builders =).

SGGT
Delphox/Megasnow Offense

Delphox @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Switcheroo
- Flamethrower

Accelgor @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Bug Buzz
- Encore
- Final Gambit

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Atk / 80 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak

Druddigon @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Punch
- Glare

Hitmonlee (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- High Jump Kick
- Mach Punch

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 160 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Mild Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Ice Shard
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Delphox and Mega Abomasnow form a solid offensive core that threaten many team styles. These 2 mons both fit well on spike-stacking offense, so I built what I feel to be a pretty cool example of a spike stacking team in the current RU meta. As I was going to use spikes, I chose to use a special all-out attacking Abomasnow and a scarfed Delphox, as I feel it is one of its main niches with trick. Accelgor was chosen as a hazard lead due to most teams being prepared for toxic spikes and preferring absorbers over actual hazard clearance. Druddigon helps put some form of bulk on the team while setting up rocks, and switches into and weakens opposing Doublade/other physical attackers via rocky helmet and rough skin. Although many teams lack a spinner, I chose to use Doublade as another offensive threat with the ability to spinblock, because spikes are so integral to the teams success. Finally, as Megasnow and Delphox both suffer a stealth rock weakness, Hitmonlee's ability to rapid spin as well as break walls and weaken Doublade was a nice addition to the team. Note that both Abomasnow and Delphox appreciate Doublade being weakened or gone.

Other Options:
HP ground>Flamethrower on Delphox to surprise Houndoom​
Thx man, cool team :]

I'm looking to build a team around a CM Slowking mostly because I haven't seen many variants of it and it looks like it has some potential. I'm mostly looking to build a Offense/Balance type of team with mon that aren't usually seen. I know some people have said that Mega Steelix pairs well with Slowking but I want to try and build a team without the steel snake.

Last edited:
Jaymz
M-Glalie + Heliolisk/Braviary VoltTurn core

Glalie @ Glalitite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Super Fang
- Spikes

Braviary (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Return
- Superpower
- U-turn

Heliolisk @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hyper Voice

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Scald
- Toxic

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak

Cresselia (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonlight
- Moonblast
- Lunar Dance

Heliolisk and Braviary form such an effective offensive core as they both threaten almost everything the other can't. So since you wanted to build a team that focus on VoltTurn's offensive pressure I decided to use Mega-Glalie as a Spikes setter, which should be used in any VoltTurn team seeing as how this combo forces switches on the opponent. Although it pairs well with Braviary's Defiant which means a free +2 Attack when it switches into Defog. Then I decided to change Heliolisk's item to Life Orb as being locked on Volt Switch might be really annoying for you. Seismitoad was chosen as an answer to bulky Steel-/Rock- types in general that come pretty much easily on both M-Glalie and Braviary, gives a Volt Switch immunity to the team, as well as helping its offensive pressure with Stealth Rock. Next up we have Doublade as a Spinblocker to keep hazards on the field against spinners, and is a pretty nice switchin to Fighting-types. And finally I've picked Specially Defensive Cresselia that handles pretty well some powerful Special Attackers (mostly Exploud), and can allow a Sweeper to strike back in the battle with Lunar Dance.

Edit : For the next requests, please don't post a core that pairs more than two mons (only one is fine though), on doing that you heavily restrict teambuilding for the person that will work on your base and it may not be 100% effective. Although otherwise your request might not be accepted.

Last edited:

Natural Talent

Don't die trying to live..
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
WreckingBolt

Slowking @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off
- Calm Mind

Virizion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt

Magneton @ Eviolite
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Toxic

Aromatisse @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Wish
- Aromatherapy

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 216 HP / 16 Atk / 252 SpD / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Roar

Hitmonlee (M) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Close Combat

I built this team with a core of Slowking + Virizion. I needed something to beat flying types such as fletchinder. I added magneton and aromatisse to fit on as they both work as pivots. It's a pretty bulky core my friend lighthouses was hyping in XY. I needed a rocker so i chose Rhyperior as it's one of the best if not the best stealth rocker in the tier. I chose the spinner hitmonlee and made it scarf ti get suprise ko's on scarf Rotom- Mow. Toxic on magneton is for it's counters and if you just don't feel like predicting a play and just weaken something. Virizion beats other slowking cresselia if cm moonblast and rhyperior, along with stall cores of mola and a amoongus because of zen headbutt.

Last edited:

gorex

penguin council
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
LCPL Champion
Kableye
Team around Calm Mind Meloetta

Meloetta @ Life Orb
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

Drapion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sniper
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake

Emboar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Sleep Talk

Jellicent (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 216 SpD / 44 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Taunt

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Leaf Storm
- Trick

Steelix @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 204 HP / 252 Atk / 52 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Toxic

So the team you requested was around Calm Mind Meloetta, and let me just explain the move choice here. The reason why we have Psyshock over Shadow Ball is the ability to win Calm Mind wars easier as it obviously hits harder. Because we don't have Shadow Ball, Meloetta has a little bit more trouble beating bulky Psychics when not boosted, thus causing the need for something that could break bulky Psychics for Meloetta. I went with Drapion for the obvious reason that it pretty much takes bulky Psychics as set-up fodder and it can clean late game if all the faster threats are taken out. For the next mon, I went with Scarf Emboar for a fast and hard-hitting mon and also as a mon that can help break down Steel types for Meloetta. Sleep Talk over any other possible moves for the sole reason of absorbing sleep for the team if needed. I went with Specs Rotom-C for the next mon as it could help provide momentum for the team and hit hard simultaneously. Initially it was Banded Emboar and Scarf Rotom-C, but I realised that I didn't need quick momentum, but rather, I needed a quicker breaking down of Steels, which kinda explains the change in items, and it has worked better since. Next up, we have a secondary check to bulky Psychics and a Fighting check in Jellicent. The spread ensures that it outspeeds Alomomola, to be able to Taunt it and counter it, and also maximises special bulk on it. Lastly, we have Mega Steelix on the team to provide Stealth Rock support and also a secondary switch-in to bulky Psychics. Speed ensures that it outspeeds no speed Rhyperior, max attack to be able to hit as hard as possible, and rest in HP to give it some bulk.

Other Options
Toxic Spikes > Poison Jab on Drapion - Poison Jab is essentially just on there as STAB to be able to hit stuff like Hitmonlee harder. On the other hand, Toxic Spikes can help wear down checks to Meloetta and other mons
Leftovers > Life Orb on Meloetta - Gives Meloetta recovery turn per turn instead of getting worn down by Life Orb, but does not hit as hard as it should

got some ideas from KingT for the team so credits to him I guess :)

Kazil
Team around Sigilyph

Sigilyph @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Heat Wave
- Roost

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Close Combat

Drapion @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Tail
- Knock Off
- Toxic Spikes

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover

Steelix @ Steelixite
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Emboar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Sleep Talk

Yeah, so having used Sigilyph before, I knew its potential as a late game cleaner, which is pretty much what I had in mind while building the team, supporting Sigilyph to have it possibly clean late game as I already said. Drapion was put on there as a way to punish bulky Psychics that could check Sigilyph really well, as a way to set up on Dark types that threaten Sigilyph, and also for its ability to set up on bulky walls like Alomomola and Amoonguss really well. Cobalion found its way onto the team due to the fact that it was another mon that could set up on Dark-types that trouble Sigilyph and also another mon that could set up on bulky walls, similarly to Drapion. Previously, I toyed around with Dugtrio but I often found it dying too quickly or being kinda useless against bulkier teams, and it also forced a lot of 50/50s against Houndoom, which is one of the things stopping Sigilyph dead in its tracks with its current moveset, so I replaced it with Cobalion since it outspeeds Houndoom and resists Sucker Punch, making it a really good stop to Houndoom and it actually functions really well against bulky teams as it can set up on bulky walls as previously mentioned. Next up, we have Reuniclus, as a Fighting check, mainly due to Sigilyph not being reliable enough as it takes a chunk from Knock Offs unlike Reuniclus which can often just heal off the damage, and also as a win condition against Stall. Mega Steelix went on the team to provide Stealth Rock support and also a secondary switch-in to bulky Psychics. Speed ensures that it outspeeds no speed Rhyperior, max attack to be able to hit as hard as possible, and rest in HP to give it some bulk. Lastly, we have Choice Scarf Emboar as a secondary way to break down Steels and also to help improve matchup against Houndoom.

Other Options
Air Slash > Roost on Sigilyph - Provides it with a move to hit Houndoom with, but severely limits longevity throughout the match.
Poison Jab > Toxic Spikes on Drapion - Poison Jab is essentially to function as STAB to be able to hit stuff like Hitmonlee harder, which you can run if you want an all-out attacking set. On the other hand, Toxic Spikes can be really useful to wear down checks to Sigilyph and other mons

galbia obligatory tag to remind you to update the archive

Kazil
Team around Sigilyph

Sigilyph @ Life Orb
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Heat Wave
- Roost

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Close Combat

Drapion @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Tail
- Knock Off
- Toxic Spikes

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover

Steelix @ Steelixite
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Emboar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Sleep Talk

Yeah, so having used Sigilyph before, I knew its potential as a late game cleaner, which is pretty much what I had in mind while building the team, supporting Sigilyph to have it possibly clean late game as I already said. Drapion was put on there as a way to punish bulky Psychics that could check Sigilyph really well, as a way to set up on Dark types that threaten Sigilyph, and also for its ability to set up on bulky walls like Alomomola and Amoonguss really well. Cobalion found its way onto the team due to the fact that it was another mon that could set up on Dark-types that trouble Sigilyph and also another mon that could set up on bulky walls, similarly to Drapion. Previously, I toyed around with Dugtrio but I often found it dying too quickly or being kinda useless against bulkier teams, and it also forced a lot of 50/50s against Houndoom, which is one of the things stopping Sigilyph dead in its tracks with its current moveset, so I replaced it with Cobalion since it outspeeds Houndoom and resists Sucker Punch, making it a really good stop to Houndoom and it actually functions really well against bulky teams as it can set up on bulky walls as previously mentioned. Next up, we have Reuniclus, as a Fighting check, mainly due to Sigilyph not being reliable enough as it takes a chunk from Knock Offs unlike Reuniclus which can often just heal off the damage, and also as a win condition against Stall. Mega Steelix went on the team to provide Stealth Rock support and also a secondary switch-in to bulky Psychics. Speed ensures that it outspeeds no speed Rhyperior, max attack to be able to hit as hard as possible, and rest in HP to give it some bulk. Lastly, we have Choice Scarf Emboar as a secondary way to break down Steels and also to help improve matchup against Houndoom.

Other Options
Air Slash > Roost on Sigilyph - Provides it with a move to hit Houndoom with, but severely limits longevity throughout the match.
Poison Jab > Toxic Spikes on Drapion - Poison Jab is essentially to function as STAB to be able to hit stuff like Hitmonlee harder, which you can run if you want an all-out attacking set. On the other hand, Toxic Spikes can be really useful to wear down checks to Sigilyph and other mons

galbia obligatory tag to remind you to update the archive
Thank you so much gorex. I will ladder up with this team and post what I've achieved after I'm high enough on the ladder (probably 1200-ish since I'm shit at battling).

Can I get a team built around Curse Mega Steelix? I don't really have much of a preference over what team style it is, but I don't really need it to be easy to understand. I know how to battle/teambuild, I just need a team to adjust to this meta.

gorex

penguin council
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
LCPL Champion
Kavatika there is already a team with Curse Mega Steelix in the archive, please go look it up and see whether you are fine with the team or you want a different style of team, and let us know when you have decided. Alphadawg33 , we are going to have to reject your request unless you edit your post following the rules indicated in the OP, and if you decide to do so, please indicate whether you want an offensive or defensive variant, although there is already a team with defensive Rhyperior in the archive which you should go look up

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Alrighty, this is something i'm quite interested in post gatr ban actually

What do you guys think of building a team around Swords Dance Samurott? With Feraligatr gone (both Torrent and Sheer Force), rott doesn't have to compete with it for a teamslot anymore, and i personally think Samurott has the potential to be every bit as viable as Torrent Feraligatr was before, (as shown by its performance in SPL pre Sheer Force release, that thing really put in some work from what i remember). I'll probably be building something around Samurott myself later on, but i'd really like to see what you guys do with the idea :o.

lighthouses

Inordinary
is a Tiering Contributor
kk Molk

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Seed Bomb

Samurott @ Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Megahorn

Steelix-Mega @ Steelixite
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 140 HP / 252 Atk / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Cresselia (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 154 Def / 104 SpD
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Moonlight
- Lunar Dance
- Psychic

Hitmonlee (M) @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- Double-Edge

Houndoom @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Water]

So when i saw i had to build around samurott i instantly thought of toxic spikes, i didn't really wanted to use qwilfish so i won't stack a electric weakeness so i went with garbodor(standard nu spread since i wasn't sure on how much speed i should run, would appreciate some input on that ;_;) instead of drain punch i went with seed bomb to have a move that hits rhyperior for actual damage. Jolly nature on samurott to outspeed shiftry and ko with megahorn. Obviously needed rocks, went with mega steelix because it has some synergy with the other two members and it's the best stealth rocker for bulky offense teams nowadays in my opinion(mesprit is a really strong one, too). Wasn't sure on how rott would handle itself as the team's only fire type check, i then added houndoom, i wanted a secondary fire type check that could have some offensive synergy with samurott and wouldn't cost me too much momentum, as well as being a secondary win condition. I was feeling a bit vunerable to fighting types, and some heavy hitter in general so i added deffensive lunar dance cresselia which gives me some speed support for samurott and houndoom, as well as providing them with a second chance at a sweep later on in the game(cress is surprisingly not that much of a momentum killer), psychic over moonblast as i felt i didn't really had a big issue with spiritomb or opposing houndoom. At this point i was still in need of hazard removal and felt like a revenge killer would be nice to have, so i went with choice scarf hitmonlee, being an ok spinner and having great offensive synergy with houndoom.
I run hidden power water on nasty plot houndoom for checking opposing houndoom and because rhyperior can live a +2 dark pulse, most other water types take a lot of damage from dark pulse anyways(also does 60~ish to emboar which is nice :]).
Hope you like it o-o

Kavatika there is already a team with Curse Mega Steelix in the archive, please go look it up and see whether you are fine with the team or you want a different style of team, and let us know when you have decided. Alphadawg33 , we are going to have to reject your request unless you edit your post following the rules indicated in the OP, and if you decide to do so, please indicate whether you want an offensive or defensive variant, although there is already a team with defensive Rhyperior in the archive which you should go look up
I'm sorry, I should've mentioned that in my post. I'm not really sure that's the kinda of team I'd like to have. Specifically, I'd prefer a more defensive team than the one in the OP

Don Honchkrorleone

Happy Qwilfish the nightmare
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I'm have creator's block and Smogon crisis plus no time at all to think about teams so to save my staying here can someone make me a team around CM Aromatisse please (can be CRO or not). I always wanted to use it but was never able to due to either forgetting or other stuff preventing me from building.

PS.: DON'T MAKE IT STALL for Jeovah's sake. Can be balance but don't throw more than one wall on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Okay, I'm here to drop a request, since my RU record isn't as good as I want it to be (Don't laugh.) So let me see a team based around the god known as Unburden Hitmonlee. With the combo of Endure & Leichi Berry, Reversal does so much damage it isn't even funny, pretty much 2HKOing anything that doesn't resist it. Looking forward to see what you can come up with! Cheers!

Hitmonlee @ Liechi Berry
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Endure
- Reversal
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

tehy

Banned deucer.
Bronzong @ Mental Herb / Normal Gem
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Explosion

i really need to ladder with this set, so a team built around it would be nice :D

thanks yall

Edit:yea, i just make all my sets by stealing a nearby set format so

Last edited:

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hitmonlee @ Mental Herb / Normal Gem
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Explosion

i really need to ladder with this set, so a team built around it would be nice :D

thanks yall
Can't tell if trolling or if Hitmonlee = Bronzong .-.

edit: fuck galbia

gorex

penguin council
LCPL Champion
tehy, would you be ok if gyro ball is replaced with iron head or earthquake? and heatproof over levitate? just curious because it might suit the team better...

Don Honchkrorleone
Team around CM Aromatisse

Aromatisse @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 28 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast

Magneton @ Eviolite
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Magnet Rise
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Dugtrio @ Life Orb
Ability: Arena Trap
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Sucker Punch

Meloetta @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Perish Song
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell
- U-turn

Drapion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Battle Armor
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Aqua Tail

Hitmontop (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Close Combat
- Toxic
- Foresight

Alright so since your request was a team built around CM Aromatisse I decided to pair it with some Trappers that can get rid of the former's usual checks and counters. My first target was bulky Steel- types, such as Mega-Steelix and Escavalier. So I've chosen Magnet Pull Magneton, a fairly nice and funny tool that litterally walls the fuck out of them with Magnet Rise, escav doesn't do much to Magneton thanks to its great bulk while Mega-Steelix users tend to increasingly use Toxic over Roar considering how threatly CM Slowking is for this meta. Now I wanted something that could catch those targets on the switchin with U-Turn, I've firstly thought about Mesprit but finally Meloetta was a better idea, using its Specially Defensive support set that just pairs perfectly well with Aromatisse's Wish Support as well as helping it getting rid of forseeable toxics. Although it's a great answer to opposing Calm Minders. Now the team was super weak to Poison-types and hates facing Houndoom and Cobalion that's why Dugtrio joined the team. Now I needed a Toxic spikes sponger to deal easily with balanced teams, as well as an other lure to CM Aromatisse checks, Drapion just fitted in perfectly. Overall the team lacked a way to remove hazards and an actual switchin to bulky Stealth Rock users, so standard defensive Hitmontop went into it. Have done a couple of battles on ladder with it and it worked very well, hope you'll enjoy it!

Other Options :

You can use Physically Defensive Seismitoad over Dugtrio for a sturdier build but it leaves it kinda more stally so yeah.
Shadow Ball over Perish Song for Doublade.
Toxic Spikes Drapion over SD.

edit : this thing is an absolute monster though, it sets up over specs exploud if you managed to get one cm and be at full life before it comes in.
btw fixed aromatisse set it wasn't supposed to be cro, sorry o.o

Last edited:

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Hi! I would like to request a team around this certain Granbull set:

(Granbull) @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 44 Spd / 212 HP
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Wild Charge / Ice Punch

I saw this in the RU Creative/Underrated Sets Thread and I thought it was a cool Pokemon to use in RU. According to the post, It's Fairy Type and Intimidate ability could check many RU Pokemon, such as Virizion, Hitmonlee, Druddigon, and many more.

TROP posted the set if you were wondering :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)