RU Welcomes Manectric

Wandering Wobbuffet

formerly Based Honker
Well since Manectric just dropped I wanted to build a team around it. It was the drop I was most interested. I guess next up would be gyara in UU but that's besides the point. Anyways I was laddering with it on one of my alts and it's done decently. Far from the best RU team I've made but still not bad. Anyways:

Mane Man (Manectric) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Lightning Rod
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower/Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]/Hidden Power [Grass]
- Switcheroo

So the main man of the team here is manectric. I wanted to run scarf to revenge kill stuff like durant and scarfed braviary. Volt switch is nice for momentum and switcheroo is nice for annoying walls. I keep swapping between hidden power types but either really works. Flamethrower is very nice for hitting mega steelix and various grass types and is the reason to use manectric over jolteon.

Obamasnow (Abomasnow-Mega) (M) @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 8 HP / 68 Atk / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Mild Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake

Next up is good ol obamasnow. Figured it would pair nicely since it takes on ground types very easily. Not much to say besides for the fact that it's pretty standard. Just hits hard and does well against bulky stally teams. I prefer giga drain too wood hammer since instead of taking loads of damage vs alomomola I instead heal loads of damage. Ice shard also OHKOs offensive flygon which is amazing.

Turtle Power (Blastoise) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Toxic
- Foresight

Next up I wanted some hazard control and blastoise is quite reliable for that sort of thing. It has enough speed to speed creep adamant aggron which could be somewhat of a threat. Foresight is really nice for stupid ghosts who try to spinblock.

Retarded Rhydon (Rhyperior) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Atk / 232 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Roar

Next up I wanted a good SRocker so went with rhyperior. I think registeel might(?) fit better here I'm not sure. It does take hits fairly well and deals out good damage. Roar is nice for mons that try to setup although I'm still debating ice punch over it to hit stuff like flygon and virizion. Also not sure this fits that great o the team. I want to hear suggestions a lot about this slot.

Gallade @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Psycho Cut
- Knock Off

Next I wanted a setup mon and gallade seemed to do alright. It also resists fighting which my team didn't appreciate that much at this point. CC hits really hard at +2, psycho cut hits fighting types and stuff, and knock off is knock off and hits ghosts. Lum berry is cool for taking a status move and is very useful vs smeargle leads.

Death Foddeur (Aromatisse) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 112 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

Lastly I wanted a cleric so I went with aromatisse since it seemed to fit decently. I gave it enough spdef to not get 2HKOd by houndoom's fire blast. The speed is enough to outspeed uninvested base 30s I think. Other then that it's very standard.

Well I hope this team looks good. I wanted to share it since like I said it was doing decently and has manectric on it. I'm excited to hear feedback on this team. Thanks for reading. :)

Last edited:

feen

control
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey bro this is really nice team you have here.

• I really like the idea of Manectric balance, having a nice speedy offensive pivot + a balance breaker is really cool. However, I see a glaring weakness in Fighting spam, because threats such as Medicham and Virizion can pressure your team a lot, and Aromatisse isn't a good switchin, because Medicham's Zen Headbutt does a lot to it (calc), and it can switch out and spam High Jump Kick later on, making your team very weak to it. Virizion is no exception, as Swords Dance sets can pressure Aromatisse easily, while live a Moonblast due to its high SpD stat. Calm Mind Virizion is also a nightmare to face, as it is very hard to kill, since Manectric and Aromatisse can't beat it. Therefore your only bet would be to beat it with Abomasnow, but is weak to rocks. Virizion has a free switch-in to Rhyperior and Blastoise, meaning it can just switch out on Abomasnow and come back later on. Another glaring weakness I find in your team is weakness to Grass spam, especially Life Orb Tangrowth and Venusaur. They can click Leaf Storm and get a free kill everytime they switch in on Blastoise or Aromatisse, making them very dangerous threats to your team. Furthermore, offensive teams pressure you a lot, since your only momentum grabber is Manectric, while Blastoise and Aromatisse are just momentum killers, giving the opponent a lot of free switches. Therefore, you need a Pokemon to deal with Fighting and Grass spam, as well as offensive teams in general. Moreover, Gallade, although a nice setup sweeper, faces a lot of competition due to its mediocre physical bulk and sub-par attack. Therefore, the best solution is to run Fletchinder over Gallade, as it can beat Medicham, and switch into Virizion, Venusaur, and Tangrowth on their Grass-type moves. The best thing about Fletchinder is that it can pressure offensive teams a lot, and give you a better setup sweeper, as well as a revenge killer.

• I also do not thing having SpD EVs on Aromatisse is worth keeping because you don't switch it in on Houndoom when you have a Rhyperior and a Blastoise. Therefore, having a Max Def Aromatisse is better, as it also lets you check Medicham, Scrafty, Hitmonlee, Sawk, Gallade and Virizion better.

• Lastly, I don't agree that 68 Atk Abomasnow can KO Flygon from full; it is a roll. You need 88 Atk to KO it. Running that much Speed creep isn't really worth it, so you can run 88 Atk / 252 SpA / 168 Spe EVs, as 168 Speed EVs outspeed base 50 Speed Pokemon, and Granbulls that try to creep them. Earthquake isn't really good on Abomasnow as well, because its best counters are Bronzong and Escavalier, so it would be nice to have a move that can hit them. Therefore running Focus Blast over Earthquake is better, as Focus Blast also guarantees you to KO Mega Steelix after a bit of prior damage as well. Also, another tip to deal with a threat such as Tangrowth is to not mega early, and wait til its KOed or weakened enough to be KOed by your teammates.
tl;dr
to

(EV spread)
(Focus Blast > Earthquake and EV spread)

Fletchinder
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Hope I helped! :toast:

Wandering Wobbuffet

formerly Based Honker
Moreover, Gallade, although a nice setup sweeper, faces a lot of competition due to its mediocre physical bulk and sub-par attack.
I'm just confused by this line. Since when is 125 base attack subpar especially for RU standards? I also am generally making aboma mega right away since I know about the whole better speed thing. Also tbh fletchinder makes me pretty rock weak and if I do that I'm pretty weak to banded rhyperior. Basically I'll make all the changes except for fletch. I'm honestly not sure it fits as well as you make it seem. I honestly haven't had too much of an issue with medicham or virizion.

feen

control
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm just confused by this line. Since when is 125 base attack subpar especially for RU standards? I also am generally making aboma mega right away since I know about the whole better speed thing. Also tbh fletchinder makes me pretty rock weak and if I do that I'm pretty weak to banded rhyperior. Basically I'll make all the changes except for fletch. I'm honestly not sure it fits as well as you make it seem. I honestly haven't had too much of an issue with medicham or virizion.
Sub par attack compared to other Fighting-types like Reckless Hitmonlee and Medicham. As for Rock weakness, you have a Blastoise which is a solid check to it, while Abomasnow can easily outspeed it. It's good if you don't have issues with Medi or Virizion but they are threats to ur team

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)