Tournament RU World Cup - WEEK 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
RUWC BANNER.png
WEEK 1

Germany.png
Germany(3) vs LA(5)
descarga.jpg

SM: Necrozma vs Gondra
SM: Heni-san vs Spectear
SM: TTJonas19 vs Chrisloud1
SM: mind gaming vs ZDen
ORAS: soTsoT vs Lycans
ORAS: BelmontGabriel vs rau
BW: Melle2402 vs Hikari
BW: pasy_g vs Feliburn

images5.png
France(3) vs Brazil(5)
images2.jpg

SM: Hurtadoo vs Ren-chon
SM: RedEmption vs Randomnick
SM: Carmin06 vs GustavoYAY
SM: yedla vs Giopato
ORAS: Pepeduce vs lighthouses
ORAS: Arcobaleno vs HANTSUKI
BW: Alkione vs Eternal Spirit
BW: SiTuM vs CaCaTuA

images3.png
Europe(2) vs UK(6)
pasted image 0.png

SM: Pearl vs Alpha Rabbit
SM: Leru vs Taskr
SM: TonyFlygon vs banks
SM: Welli0u vs SilvioGuacamole
ORAS: Pohjis vs Hamhamhamham
ORAS: Kushalos vs HJAD
BW: Void vs The Leprechaun
BW: eifo vs barton

west.png
US West(0) vs Asia + Rest of the World(8)
images4.png

SM: Meru vs trace
SM: Rakan vs Leoshad
SM: Analytic vs yjh971203
SM: TSR vs Eternally
ORAS: xastify vs Arifeen
ORAS: rozes vs J0RIS
BW: tko vs Chill Shadow
BW: Windsong vs Aeroblacktyl

canada.png
Canada + US Central(3) vs US East(5)
images1.jpg

SM: passion vs obii
SM: Kink vs Finchinator
SM: FLCL vs KW
SM: Sam vs Nat
ORAS: EviGaro vs Star
ORAS: Lord Death Man vs TDK
BW: SilentVerse vs august
BW: Amaroq vs -Tsunami-

Will edit the OP to make it prettier later, right now I have to go

Deadline will be December 2nd at 11:59 GMT -5

HAVE FUN!

Last edited:
Upon popular demand, I will once again be doing predictions. As a manager, however, I will not be predicting my own team's games. lol.

Germany (1) vs LA (3)

SM: Necrozma vs Gondra | bro who are these players LOL. gondra imo is slightly above average. the other guy is just a clown named after a random ru mon. who gives a fuck
SM: Heni-san vs Spectear
SM: TT Jonas 19 vs Chrisloud
SM: mind gaming vs ZDen

ive heard of some of these dudes but haven't really watched enough or been impressed / unimpressed enough to really have an opinion. all of them are probably bad.

ORAS: soTsoT vs Lycans | lycans put forth a very solid snake showing off the heels of some more mediocre performances. soTsoT is a ladder fiend I believe who seems to b relatively competent. lycans should win this comfortably though.
ORAS: BelmontGabriel vs rau | once again, irrelevant bad players
BW: Melle2402 vs Hikari | melle seems to b a below average gsc player, and now ur throwing him into ru against one of the best bw ruers in the tournament. call it a snackwrap
BW: pasy_g vs Feliburn | this is an interesting game. my friend feliburn struggled in SPL and because of this, did not get bought in Snake. I'm not sure how much he actually plays bw, whereas I know pasy_g is at least competent in BW OU and in general, is probably a better player based on his solid adv performances. feliburn did catch fire during the latest edition of the LLPL, however, so maybe he can deliver on the hype. but for now, i will back the veteran.

France (1) vs Brazil (1)

SM: Hurtadoo vs
SM: RedEmption vs
SM: Carmin06 vs
SM: yedla vs

ORAS: Pepeduce vs lighthouses | UPSET ALERT BROS!! diogo struggled heavily in snake and really did no favors to increase his public perception within the tournament community. he finds himself up against a complete enigma. the french seemed to rally behind this mysterious figure, however, and they all seem to think he is amazing or whatever. it's always very difficult to bold a french person's name that's not ojama, but ill give him the 50.55% edge here.
ORAS: Arcobaleno vs Eternal Spirit | come on, who tf is this
BW: Alkione vs
BW: SiTuM vs

both these teams are garbage so not even gonna wait for the lineups cuz it doesnt make a difference. theyre all bad. only person i've heard of is redemption and he seemed like a trash ass goon in snake.

Europe (7) vs UK (1)

SM: Pearl vs Alpha Rabbit | i don't really know how good this rabbit guy is, but i do know that grand slam winner pearl is on a massive tear. with a massive experience edge as well as probably better teambuilding help, i find it very hard to support the underdog in this matchup.
SM: Leru vs Taskr | i believe taskr is a PU player? I vaguely recall that from somewhere. that does not bode well for his playing skills, since everyone knows most PU players have a very low floor and middling ceilings. Leru was a monster in the latter stages of Snake Draft, and I believe he will have the team support to come up with a win here.
SM: TonyFlygon vs banks | to be honest, i haven't really watched either of these people play. however, i think tony is more likely to get the matchup edge and will be more motivated to prove himself in one of the 3 battles he plays every year.
SM: Welli0u vs SilvioGuacamole | the well is a very interesting figure. he seemed to be below average after spl, but after defeating SoulWind, his stock seems to have climbed a bit. opposing him, we have one of my managers in the prestigious discord PL. I don't really buy into the welliou hype, but I'll buy it vs a random.
ORAS: Pohjis vs Hamhamhamham | i think pohjis is probably like average and i still don't know after like 4 yrs if his opponent is just a meme or not so.
ORAS: Kushalos vs HJAD | HJAD is yet another PU player, though I believe he is highly regarded in that arena. unfortunately for him, however, his first match is against the chef, a man who has already been retained for 10k in SPL this season and has shown mastery over teambuilding in ORAS RU. he's gonna cook him for breakfast haha no im not aids.
BW: Void vs theleprechaun | leprechaun is an ru room owner that I have rarely seen play. he is going up against someone who has dominated SPL DPP over the past two seasons, and who I have had as my BW RU player in RUPL before. void is extremely skilled and has the teams to take down some threats in this tier. i don't really view theleprechaun as one of them.
BW: eifo vs barton | barton is another average to below average ruer, but i don't really know his opponent. barton has won some RUPL games before, so he can have the edge.

US West (4) vs Asia + Rest of the World (4)

SM: Meru vs trace | meru was competent enough at older stages of RU, and he should probably be given the edge here considering I don't think his opponent is good.
SM: Rakan vs Leoshad | going a bit against my crust philosophy here, but because omicron finds himself against a random, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
SM: Analytic vs yjh971203 | i think yjh is a better player after the few flashes he showed in world cup.
SM: TSR vs Eternally | not another random 3 letter ru dude god. w/e. idk who this clown is and eternally is prob slightly above average.
ORAS: xastify vs Arifeen | LOLO THE RUTL BROS OML MY BOY ARIFEEN is in. i don't really know how good xastify is whereas I think arifeen is probably slightly above average and has more metagame knowledge.
ORAS: rozes vs J0RIS | i can't believe im picking rozes in a tour but here we are. j0ris is another ladder fiend but I haven't rally been impressed with his few tour showings, and there's probably a 50% chance he gets the activity loss.
BW: tko vs Chill Shadow | chill shadow probably has the advantage in metagame knowledge as well as playing ability in this one.
BW: Windsong vs Aeroblacktyl | OML MOP!!! rooting for mop here, obviously, but it's hard to justify picking him against one of the best BWers and RU players in general in the tier.

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
i won gg

btw: why the fuck is sandslash not allowed? i dont wanna lose my teams bc 3 or 4 retard orphans wanna play bw with broken exca by any cost and forget that lower tiers exist. do something about it please.
To answer that... Sand Veil and NOW Sand Rush are banned to Ubers so... oh for fuck sake this is a mess.

For now anyone trying to make use of Sandslash in bw ru would have to challenge to Ubers until I find a way out of this, it is how it is.

Keep it going boys, excellent games so far so ty!

Sigh, calling act. We scheduled for 2pm gmt +1 today, but he never showed up. I have been trying to contact him ever since, but to no avail. Lep, Leo, Tww can all confirm that i was there. Check my wall for the posts.

Edit: he contacted me. Playing sometime tmrw.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)