Aha-aha-aaa
Ruby, Ruby, Ruby, Ruby
Aha-aha-aaa
Do ya, do ya, do ya, do ya
Aha-aha-aaa (Da da da, da da da)
Know what ya doing, doing to me?

Aha-aha-aaa, aaa (Da da da)

Introduction
I built this team before the Suspect Test, but I got "success" with it during Alakazam's Suspect Test, I think that this team works well without Alakazam, I'll post it here because I got reqs with it, so if you want to try to get too, you can use this to get it. Have fun reading!
The Squad

Teambuilding Process
I started to build this team with the Krookodile + Sceptile-Mega core. This core can wreck Defensive Cores with ease, since Krookodile has some troubles to defeat Bulky Waters and Sceptile can't defeat Bulky Psychics and Bulky Steels.
I added Suicune because the entire team is weak to Entei and SD Cobalion, so Suicune can provide a Counter and a Check, respectively. Suicune is a hard check to Gyarados too, being able to roar it out.
Sylveon is one of the newest drops to UU, and I added it because it pairs very well with Krookodile and it has the needed support to Wallbreak on this team too. It is the only Pokémon on the team that can switch in Hydreigon too.
I needed one Stealth Rock user and one "safe" switch to Mamoswine, and Cobalion does it's work very well. It has Volt Switch and Stealth Rock, aside of Shuca Berry to check Ground-Types, all that I needed.
Crobat is Team's glue. I needed one good Fighting and Fairy Resist, aside of a Defogger, so I found Crobat, that has a bonus that is being able to U-Turn too!

Depht

Krookodile @ Choice Band
Abiloty: Intimidate | Jolly Nature
EVs: 252 Atk / 16 Def / 240 Spe
Knock Off | Pursuit | Earthquake | Stone Edge
Overview

So, how I said before, I built the team around the Krookodile + Sceptile Core, and it works very well in many matches mainly because Krookodile has too much limited switch-ins. So, how this is an "In Depht", I'll not explain about the core, but about the Pokémon. Krookodile does it's job very well on this team, it pressures Offense and Balance and it can hold Bulky Psychic-Types without much efforts, and that's why it is here. I already tried to use AoA Mamoswine on this slot, and it doesn't work very well since I'm still weak to Cresselia, Slowking and Reuniclus. Krookodile can punish Eviolite Pokémon too, so be careful to Gligar, Doublade and Porygon2, if they are on your Knock Off range, you can get a crucial KO on the late game. Krookodile acts as a good Poison-Type check too, being able to threat Defensive Tentacruel, Nidos,
Moves

Knock Off is Krookodile's first and most crucial move, without it, my team will not be able to defeat Bulky Psychic-Types, but Knock Off can help with other things, like defeating Eviolite users and punish more Fat Mons, like Blissey and Suicune. Pursuit can trap stuff like Bronzong, Metagross, Entei, Aerodactyl-Mega, Chandelure and other fat Psychic-Types. Earthquake is a relevant move that can demolish the most of the Steel- and Fire-Types in the tier, neutral damage in Fairies is always welcome too, since Sylveon and Florges are 2HKOed by Earthquake. Stone Edge is a very good coverage move that can hit key threats when switching-in, like Gyarados, Aerodactyl-Mega and Salamence, but I can run Superpower too, a good move that can defeat Dark-Types, like Krookodile, Hydreigon and Umbreon.
Set Details

I actually run this EV spread because it can still outspeed 90' Base Speed Pokémon - Roserade, Lucario and PorygonZ - and Entei, so the 16 EVs in Defense can be used to resist STABs from powerful Physical Attackers, like Cobalion and Mamoswine. A Jolly Nature is needed to outspeed the aformentioned 90' Base Speed Pokémon and Entei. Intimidate is Krookodile's Ability because it grants you to survive a lot of Powerful STABs, like a -1 Beedrill-Mega U-Turn and a -1 Cobalion Close Combat. Choice Band is Krookodile's Item because it turns Krookodile into a very powerful and scary Wallbreaker.

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite

Ability: Overgrow | Timid Nature
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 HP / 252 Spe | IVs: 0 Atk
Giga Drain | Dragon Pulse | Leaf Storm | Focus Blast
Overview

Sceptile is the second member of the main core. It mainly acts as a Special Wallbreaker and a Scald Switch-In, but it is a very good Revenge Killer too, since it can revenge kill Swords Dance Cobalion, LO Hydreigon, non-Dragon Dance Salamence and Choice Banded Krookodile, most of these Pokémon are very dangerous threats to this team. Sceptile is the Pokémon that has the best matchup versus Hyper Offense on this team, being able to outspeed not only all the Pokémon of this playstyle, but it can OHKO all the Pokémon with it's STAB moves. So, Sceptile is the best answer to Bulky Waters on this team, being able to OHKO Slowking, Swampert, Suicune and Alomomola with it's Grass-Type STABs. Sceptile acts as a Dragon Check aswell, scaring Hydreigon and Salamence.
Moves

Giga Drain is Sceptile's most useful STAB, since it can recover it's health and is still a dangerous move to hit Ground- and Water-Types, like Suicune, Slowking and Krookodile. Dragon Pulse is a powerful Dragon STAB Move that can hit Dragons very hard. Leaf Storm is a move that I can run to OHKO urgently some Pokémon, like Suicune, Slowking and other Fat Water-Types. Focus Blast is a very useful coverage move that is essential to hit Steel-Types, like Cobalion (OHKOes), Empoleon, Aggron-Mega and stuff like this. Otherwise, Hidden Power Fire can hit Escavalier and Forretress harder, doing a good amount of damage in Cobalion too.
Set Details

This is the Standart Set, so I have not too much to talk about it. 252 EVs in SpA and 252 in Spe maximizes my Speed and my Special Attack stats, so Sceptile is free to spam it's STAB moves with a high damage being still faster. A Jolly Nature is needed to outspeed stuff like Feraligatr at +1, Choice Scarf Chandelure and Choice Scarf Gardevoir and Speed Tie with Beedrill-Mega. Sceptile can run a Modest Nature too, but with this change, I can't outspeed the aformentioned Pokémon. Overgrow is used to... Nothing. Just Mega Evolve to have Lightning Rod.

Suicune @ Leftovers

Ability: Pressure | Bold Nature
EVs: 238 HP / 252 Def / 20 Spe | IVs: 0 Atk
Scald | Calm Mind | Rest | Roar
Overview

Suicune is a Pokémon that helps this team a lot, since it has the needed support to Calm Mind and win the game. Suicune has Sceptile-Mega as it's best friend, since it can absorb Electric- and Grass-Types attacks without much effort. This beautiful Pokémon is the only one that can defeat the most of the Fire- and Steel-Types, like Entei and Aggron-Mega, but Suicune is a setup bait too, so that's why I use RoarCune, it can defeat a ton of dangerous Pokémon like DD Mence, DD Gyarados, CM Reuniclus or even NP Celebi with it (see "Replays", bottom of the page). Unfortunately, Suicune can't resist SD Cobalion at all, a big threat to the most of my teams, but I can phaze it with Roar, so it isn't the biggest threat. Suicune is also a nice wincon with Calm Mind, being able to use stuff like Florges as a setup fodder, and if it is Calm Mind, I can CM and Roar.
Moves

Scald is the most important move on this set, since it is Cune's single attack on this set and can Burn the most of the Pokémon in the tier. Scald works very well when paired with Calm Mind, another very good move that allows Suicune to threat more fat Builds and help it to defeat Special Sweepers, like Sylveon (after one Calm Mind). Rest is Suicune's only way to recover health and avoid Status too, so Suicune isn't weak to Status at all. Roar is a move that helps Suicune to phaze a ton of Setup Sweepers.
Set Details

Suicune has 20 Speed investment to outspeed other Suicune and Cresselia, what allows Suicune to phaze them, the other EVs and the Bold Nature are used to maximize Suicune's bulk. Leftovers is Suicune's Item because it allows it to recover it's health slowly. Pressure is Suicune's only Ability, but it is still very good, since it ables Suicune to be a pain to Stall Teams and Fat Pokémon.

Sylveon @ Choice Specs

Ability: Pixilate | Modest Nature
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hyper Voice | Psyshock | Quick Attack | Baton Pass
Overview

Sylveon, one of the newest adds to UU, is probably the best Wallbreaker in the Tier actually, since it has the most huge Fairy-Type STAB in the metagame. How my team was too much frail versus Offensive builds and Hydreigon I decided to add Sylveon and see what will happen, and it stayed until the moment that you are reading this RMT. Sylveon can scare teams at the team preview, since it has so many limited switch-ins. It has a good synergy with the team overall, but Sylveon has a better synergy particularly with Krookodile, since it can defeat Steel- and Poison-Types without too much efforts and Pursuit Trap Bronzong for Sylveon.
Moves

Hyper Voice is Sylveon's mandatory STAB, this move allows Sylveon to hit very hard any Pokémon in the Tier. Psyshock is a coverage move that allows Sylveon to OHKO the most of the Poison-Types after Stealth Rock, stuff like Crobat, Nidoqueen and Toxicroak. So, my choice to the third slow could be a little strange, but Quick Attack can help Sylveon to defeat some dangerous threats when weakened, like Hydreigon, Salamence and Honchkrow, it is hard to explain. Otherwise, I can run tother Coverage Moves, like Shadow Ball and Hidden Power [Fire], or simply other STAB moves, like Echoed Voice or Hyper Beam. I choose Baton Pass for my last slot because it ables my team to VoltTurn with ease, and it can be very useful when my opponent has a Bronzong and I Baton Pass in a predict.
Set Details

Max Speed and Max Special Attack with a Modest Nature allows me to outspeed a ton of Pokémon (Standart Nidoqueen, Standart Blastoise) while still doing heavy damage. Pixialite is used to bump Hyper Voice Power and turn it into a STAB Move. Choice Specs is Sylveon's Item just because it maximizes Sylveon's attack and turns it into another powerhouse.

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Justified | Jolly Nature
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Close Combat | Iron Head | Volt Switch | Stealth Rock
Overview

How I said before, Cobalion is a useful to this team since it has a lot of useful roles. First of all, it has Volt Switch, so it can form a very good VoltTurn Core with Sylveon and Crobat. Aside of VoltSwitch, Cobalion has Stealth Rock to support the team and two good STABs that don't exist on this team, this ables Cobalion to defeat stuff like Porygon2, Florges and Blissey. Cobalion can check a good amount of Ground-Type threats to this team too, like Mamoswine, Krookodile and Nidoking.
Moves

Close Combat is a mandatory STAB that allows Cobalion to defeat Normal- and Dark-Types, like Hydreigon, Crawdaunt, Blissey and Sharpedo-Mega. Iron Head is another very good STAB that can defeat Fairies and Rock-Types, so it is a very decent check to Diancie, Aerodactyl-Mega, Florges and Sylveon. Volt Switch is a move that gives momentum and is useful in 9/10 matches that I play, since I have not to predict, I just have to click Volt Switch. I can use Swords Dance over Volt Switch too, what ables Cobalion to be less passive, but I think that Volt Switch is a better option. Stealth Rock is a mandatory move on every single team, and with it, Cobalion can pressure Spinners and Defoggers with Volt Switch, what ables me to switch to Krookodile, Sylveon or even Sceptile-Mega.
Set Details

This is the Standart Set. Max Attack and Max Speed with a Jolly Nature allows me to outspeed a ton of Pokémon while I can still do a very high Damage. Justified is a good Ability that makes Cobalion a good Dark Switch-In. Shuca Berry is a good Item that allows Cobalion to resist attacks that come from Mamoswine, Nidos and Krookodile, so Cobalion shouldn't be killed by it and can be a hard check to them.

Crobat @ Black Sludge

Ability: Infiltrator | Jolly Nature
EVs: 248 HP / 48 Def / 212 Spe
Brave Bird | U-turn | Defog | Roost
Overview

How I said in "Teambuilding Process", Crobat is a glue to this team. It finishes the VoltTurn Core, it is a Fairy Resist, a Fighting Resist and a Defogger, wow! Yeah, Crobat rose a lot in utility after the new drops, and with the Alakazam Suspect, it is still more useful, since it actually lose two hard checks (Alakazam and Zapdos) and got three toys (Celebi, Conkeldurr and Sylveon). Crobat can Defog too, and how my team is very weak to Hazard Stack and has 0 Ground Immunities ahead of Crobat, it is very useful to the team. Crobat can resist Grass- and Bug-Types too, a very useful thing since my team had 0 safe switches to Beedrill-Mega and Roserade.
Moves

Brave Bird is a mandatory STAB that allows Crobat to hit Grass-, Bug- and Fighting-Types harder. U-Turn is a move that gives me momentum and completes the VoltTurn Core. Defog is a utility move that cleans hazards, what is useful since my team is weak to Spike Attacking. Otherwise, I can run Taunt over Defog, but this is dangerous. Roost is Crobat's only way to recover it's health.
Set Details

This is the Standar Set, too. This EV Spread with a Jolly Nature allows Crobat to outspeed Pokémon with a Base Speed limit of 120', so it allows me to outspeed +1 Adamant Feraligatr too, and the other EVs are used to give Crobat a better bulk. Infiltrator is an awesome Ability since Crobat can hit Pokémon after substitute, like Chandelure, Gyarados and "troll" Whimsicott. Black Sludge is Crobat's Item because it recovers Crobat's health slowly and if tricked, a Pokémon will receive 12% of damage, so it is very useful.

Threatlist
Green Text = Minor Threat
Yellow Text = Dangerous
Red Text = Major Threat

Note: Threatlist until B+ Rank of the UU Viability Rankings, 8 June 2016.
UU Viablity Rankings said:
S Rank:
Hydreigon: If it is Choice Scarf/Stallbreaker, it is OK, but if it is LO Iron Tail it can't be countered by Sylveon anymore, but it can be revenged by Sceptile-Mega and Cobalion.
Mega Aerodactyl:
Aerodactyl is more "passive" to this team if it hasn't Hone Claws, but if it is, try to keep Suicune and Cobalion healthy.
Salamence:
What kind of team (that isn't Stall) isn't weak to this shit? Offensive Defoger is "OK", Choice Scarf too, but if it is DD I'm really fucked, my only play is switch to Cune, try to phaze it with Roar, and if it is Outrage, I need to sack Suicune to put Sylveon to finally kill this.
Suicune:
Suicune isn't a big issue since I have a faster Suicune most of the time, and aside of that I have Sceptile-Mega and Sylveon, both fast threats to it.

A Rank
A+ Rank
Entei:
I have Suicune, muahaha.
Mega Swampert:
So, this is an issue, but both Suicune and Sceptile-Mega can hardly check it.
Alakazam:
God, I have 0 Switches to this, thanks that this is being suspected. Play around it with Crobat + Sceptile + Krookodile and pray for 0 predictions if it is Focus Sashed.
Cobalion:
Stealth Rock Cobalion is OK, but SD Cobalion is an issue, I have to sack Suicune (don't sack Suicune if your opponent has an Entei) and after it pray for that Sceptile-Mega don't miss Focus Blast.
Mamoswine:
Mamoswine is very hard to resist, that's why I use Shuca Berry Cobalion, otherwise, I can play around it very well.
Krookodile:
The same as Mamoswine, but it is easier to defeat since I have Sceptile-Mega to check it.
Gyarados:
I can play around it very well since Sylveon isn't OHKOed by a +1 Waterfall, Suicune can phaze it with Roar, Krookodile can 2HKO it with with Stone Edge after Stealth Rock and Cobalion can hurt it with Volt Switch. But I can't understimate it anyway.

A Rank
Celebi:
The Utility Set is very bad since Krookodile can Pursuit it, but NP Sets are dangerous, I have to sack a Pokémon to try to Revenge Kill with Crobat.
Florges: Florges is very "meh" versus this team since I have Roar Suicune, Cobalion, Crobat, Banded Krookodile and Choice Specs Sylveon. This team is basically 100% prepared to CM Florges.
Sceptile-Mega:
Sceptile-Mega is dangerous, but Sceptile-Mega can try to Speed Tie with it, what is risky, so the best option is always switch to Sceptile, and nextly switch to Sylveon. Crobat is a nice check too, since it can switch in Giga Drain, without Stealth Rocks setted preferentialy.
Beedrill-Mega:
Both Crobat and Cobalion are hard checks to it, so it isn't all that dangerous, but it is still a threat.
Sharpedo-Mega:
Cobalion can provide a good check to it, I can also double switch with Cune and Krookodile.
Sableye:
It is dangerous since it can cripple all the Pokémon with Will-O-Wisp, but Suicune can pressure it and Sylveon can OHKO it without any effort.
Whimsicott:
Whimsicott isn't a big issue since I have Crobat and Sylveon, but it is a good check to Suicune, Sceptile-Mega and Krookodile.

A- Rank
Blastoise:
Blastoise is dangerous, but I can hardly check it with Sceptile and use it as a Setup Fodder for Suicune (If I don't got Flinched). Krookodile and Sylveon can outspeed the Standart Set and 2HKO it.
Nidoqueen:
Nidoqueen is very dangerous, but Suicune can setup on it (can't switch) and Krookodile can OHKO it wih Earthquake.
Infernape:
Infernape is dangerous too, but only the NP Set is dangerous. Crobat can't switch on a Fire Blast, so I have to put in Suicune, and after switch to Crobat just to absorb a Grass Knot.Otherwise, Infernape can't switch in a Dragon Pulse.
Feraligatr:
Dragon Dance isn't dangerous at all since Sceptile can outspeed it, but SD is very dangerous, so I have to Roar it with Cune or simply Revenge Kill it with Sceptile.
Empoleon:
Empoleon is annoying, but I can OHKO it with Krookodile or Cobalion if it lacks a resist Berry, what is unfortalately uncommon.
Sylveon:
Specs Sylveon is very dangerous, and if it predict a switch to Crobat, I need to sack a Pokémon every time that this thing touch the floor. But I can play around it very well, even if it is Choice Specs.
Toxicroak:
I have Crobat, so I can switch in without take too much damage, Krookodile can revenge kill too.
Heracross:
If it lacks Rock-Type coverage, it is easily defeated by Crobat. Sylveon can revenge kill too.
Snorlax:
Cobalion and Suicune can pressure it very well with Close Combat and Roar, respectively
Cresselia:
Cresselia is annoying, but I have Suicune and Krookodile to deal with it.
Swampert:
Sceptile-Mega, Sylveon and Suicune can easily defeat it.

B Rank:
B+ Rank
Tentacurel:
Tentacruel is a thing, but Krookodile can defeat it with STABs and Tentacruel can't resist a Psyshock from Sylveon.
Crobat:
Suicune can pressure it very well and it can't switch in Sceptile-Mega.
Mienshao:
If it doesn't Stone Edge my Crbat, it can't give me trouble.
Alomomola:
Sylveon, Sceptile-Mega and Suicune...
Kyurem:
0 Switches, but Sceptile and Cobalion can revenge kill.
Tornadus:
Funny, 0 Switches! Sylveon can revenge kill, but that's basically nothing.
Escavalier:
Escavalier can be very dangerous when SD, since AV can't give me any trouble, but Cobalion can check non-Drill Run variants.
Lucario:
If SD, no problems, I have Krookodile and Cobalion, but if NP, I have to sack a Pokémon and pray for Sceptile-Mega don't miss Focus Blast.
Crawdaunt:
Cobalion and Sceptile can revenge kill, but I have still 0 switches.
Houndoom-Mega:
Suicune can tank a +2 Dark Pulse, but if Suicune is gone and it has Flame Charge, it will be easy.
Slowking:
Slowking is less annoying than other Pokémon since I have Krookodile and Sceptile-Mega. Roar Suicune and Specs Sylveon are good checks too.
Gardevoir:
Gardevoir has 0 switches, but I can play around it very well.
Roserade:
Crobat can hand it very well.
Chandelure:
Scarfed Chandelure is easily defeated by Suicune, and if it is locked in Shadow Ball, I can switch to Krookodile to Pursuit it. Choice Specs and SubCM are more annoying, but these sets can't give too much trouble to Krookodile when revenge killing.
Azelf:
Focus Sash Lead is easily defeated by Crobat, but NP and LO 3 Attacks + SR are less passive and more dangerous, but Sceptile-Mega can pressure it very well.
Rotom-C:
Rotom-C is annoying, but I can play around it with Sceptile-Mega, and if I know that it will Volt Switch and is locked, I can switch to Krookodile.
Conkeldurr:
Sylveon can outspeed it, Crobat too, Suicune can defeat LO Sheer Force if lacking Thunder Punch, and if AV Guts, Suicune can pressure it with CM + Rest too.
Nidoking:
It has absolutely 0 switches on this team, but if I play around it well it will not do too much trouble.
Milotic:
It can't switch in Sylveon and Sceptile. Suicune can pressure it too.
Froslass:
I usually put in Crobat as a lead when I see Froslass, so I can Brave Bird and force it to Icy Wind my Crobat.
Porygon2:
Both Krookodile and Cobalion are annoying to defeat if it is BoltBeam, and if not BoltBeam, Suicune can pressure it. It can't swith in Hyper Voice and in Focus Blast, too.
Mega Absol:
If it is Superpower, Sylveon can check it, if it is Play Rough, Cobalion can check it.
Replays

Versus Happen:
Game - 1
Game - 2
Game - 3

Versus pokemonisfun:
Game - 1
Game - 2

Versus Finding True Love
Game - 1

Versus Island Spices
Game - 1

Versus xMarth
Game - 1

Versus Aquadext
Game - 1
Game - 2

Versus azian
Game - 1

Versus Guardian UU
Game - 1

Versus Spoofz
Game - 1

Shoutouts
Thank you firstly retrowaves and GustavoYAY, my best friends on PS! s2. Thank you Randomnick, ericaroselia, Marcos00002, DragonLatios, Kaydan, Nayuki, lockjaw, Yaotome, Jynx Nuggets , Luna Bakitso, modafocka nigga (plz change it to Halfway Crooks, I'm serious) and Mistt, awesome friends! I'm sure that I forgot someone, but that's the life :p
Also, thanks again Randomnick for of this awesome banner xD

Last edited:
Hi, so this is a really cool team you've got here and the biggest issue I see with your team is the fact you have no way to deter setup sweepers from clicking Swords Dance / Nasty Plot / etc aside from Suicune, which makes you very dependent on it (also in some of your replays you seriously should have clicked Roar > Scald). This isn't usually a big issue with the majority of teams, but your team structure just makes it an issue. You can't really implement anything that instantly alleviates this weakness, but you can usually add something that gives you a bit more counterplay.
  • So first off, I don't think you need Defog on Crobat at all. You're only weakness to Stealth Rock is Crobat, but having recovery in Roost can offset the chip damage it acquires from pivoting around. Taunt > Defog would be a pretty great change that can gives you another great form of counterplay to setup sweepers (Cobalion, Mence to an extent, Mega Houndoom) and by extension Stealth Rock setter which gives you a small buffer that makes up for not having Defog. I watched you're replays against hazard stacking teams and after playing a few games myself you pressure Forretress and other Spikers to hell and back which prevents them from freely setting up Spikes which is another contributing factor of which you don't exactly need Defog for optimal team functionality. I do see the apprehension though with the huge amount of Grounded teammates. This is a more subjective change, but you could run a more offensive spread on Crobat along with Sky Plate to amp up it's offensive presence, which would be a very good change alongside Taunt.
Crobat @ Sky Plate
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 112 HP / 128 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Taunt
- roost

• You should definitely use Swords Dance or even Stone Edge > Volt Switch on Cobalion. Swords Dance is overall a really nice addition for this team as in the replays you over-relied on Suicune as the only method of winning the game via setup. SD Cobalion is excellent for taking advantage of the walls that Krookdile and Sylveon breaks for it. I did see how Volt Switch was rather good support for you're team so Cobalion can pivot out it's counters bar Swampert. Stone Edge is another option that helps with your Salamence weakness since Cobalion is bait for it. With Stone Edge you can 2HKO Salamence as it attempts to use it as setup bait and survive the following +1 EQ with the Shuca Berry. It also maintains your matchup with Gyarados (although Volt Switch still does more)

That's all I've got, but really solid team overall! You aren't particularly weak to Mega Houndoom btw, it's just the looming threat of if you let it setup where you've got a few problems, but Taunt on Crobat helps out with this a bit and use Roar on Suicune to the fullest to ensure you don't autolose to these setup sweepers. Hope my suggestions help!

Vapo

water me
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hey Mr. Highways, cool team you have here! I actually built a very similar team to this around the Specs Sylveon / Band Krookodile offensive core, and it really is extremely effective at breaking down defensive builds. Anyways, your team looks pretty solid already, but I definitely think there are a few changes you can make that will patch up some holes your team currently has.

The biggest issue with your team that I see is its lack of Flying resist. In a meta where Crobat is seeing a massive spike in usage, and Tornadus is starting to pick up in popularity, not having a solid switch in will result in a difficult position for you. Sky Plate Crobat with Taunt (its best set, imo) has a ton of fun versus your team, as your main defensive switch in gets neutered by Taunt, and nothing else on your team can switch into Brave Bird if rocks are up (even Cobalion has a 70% chance to be 2HKO'd). I see Cobalion as the weak link of the team and think switching it out for Empoleon would be a good fix. I would suggest a variation of the Offensive Shuca Berry set that has been seeing a ton of usage recently. A moveset of Scald / Ice Beam / Stealth Rock / Defog would provide your team with a ton of role compression, a nice Flying resist, and a sturdier check to DD Salamence, which also threatens your team in its current state. While Offensive Empoleon typically runs Grass Knot to check Mega Swampert, I believe your team handles it well enough between Intimidate and Suicune. For the EV spread, I'd recommend 252 HP / 148 Spa / 108 SpD with a Modest nature. This ensures you live a LO Focus Blast from Tornadus after rocks 100% of the time (allowing you to better check it) while maintaining OHKOs on Mamoswine, Krookodile, and Salamence.

There are also a few minor EV and moveset adjustments I'd like to suggest to futher optimize your team's performance. Since you have Defog on Empoleon, you can switch that out on Crobat for Taunt. Taunt is a fantastic support move that lets you break things like Florges, Blissey, Milotic, and Suicune (provided no Scald burn on the latter two). It also prevents common Defoggers in Empoleon and opposing Crobat from clearing hazards, which is always helpful. I would also change your EV spread to 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe with a Jolly nature, as this allows you to outspeed neutral natured base 145's and Crobats not running max speed. The slight loss in physical bulk isn't really that relevant, either.

I would also recommend changing your Krookodile set a bit. I understand you want to outpace base 90's while squeezing as many EVs into bulk as possible, but I don't believe it's worth being outsped by opposing Krookodiles 100% of the time (I believe we faced on the ladder, and I won because it came down to Krookodile vs Krookodile). The loss in bulk is so minuscule that I sincerely doubt it'll ever come into play. Since you have a solid Flying check in Empoleon, I would also suggest replacing Stone Edge with Superpower, which provides you with better coverage overall. It also lets you counter-lure Shuca Berry Empoleon and Cobalion, which may stay in or switch into you thinking they can stomach a hit.

I'd like to end with a few nitpicks. I believe it would be a good idea to increase the amount of speed creep on your Suicune. 20 EVs is generally enough for low ladder, but as you get higher up, people creep more and more, knowing the importance of outpacing opposing RoarCune. The actual amount is up to you, but I personally run anything up to around 64 EVs. I also think Quick Attack on Sylveon is mostly unnecessary, and you could replace it with Heal Bell to provide your team with cleric support. This can be quite helpful in certain matchups and works well in conjunction with Sleep Talk-less Suicune.

With those changes in mind, I believe you have yourself an even more effective team that takes on most of the threats in the current UU meta. I hope you try out my suggestions! Thanks for reading, and good luck with everything.

Krookodile @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Superpower

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Leaf Storm
- Focus Blast

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 196 HP / 252 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Roar

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell
- Psyshock
- Baton Pass

Empoleon @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 148 SpA / 108 SpD
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Defog

Crobat @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Taunt
- Roost

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
Hey man, really cool team n_n
Just a couple of nitpicks ::
1) Superpower is so much better on krook dude, gyara isn't a switch-in on banded knock off anyways, and for aero you can go to something else, strong fighting coverage is pretty awesome since your cob doesn't have swords dance. Also, run 252+ speed on krook as losing to other krooks is noot worth that miniscule increase in bulk(unless 16 def evs help you survive something specific).
2) Also, quick attack is pretty meh on sylvi, when you can have hp fire or shadow ball there(I know you will use only hypervoice or psyshock most of the times, but still.....). Also isn't 216 speed evs good enough to outspeed conk(I understand nidoqueen), anyways, since your team is weak to hydrei, your sylveon might appreciate a little bulk, however little that maybe.
3)Taunt > defog on crobat will make your stall match-up even better, as it stops wishes and stuff, allowing your wallbreakers to work efficiently.
That's all lol ;) nice team

Natan

is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Mr. Highways, first of all, thanks by the shotout xD
And this is an awesome team, I'm not good in UU, but this team seems really solid and Sylveon Specs + CB Krook + Sceptile-Mega sounds awesome. And I agree with -Magic- and Darksylvion and I think you should use Taunt Crobat > Defog Crobat, ur team don't need of Defog at all, you have 2 resists, 2 recovery pokémon, Sceptile with Giga Drain (not reliable but can recover itself many times) and Sylveon (won't worry so much about Stealth Rocks).
Crobat @ Sky Plate
EVs: 112 HP / 128 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Taunt
- Roost

Last edited:

Manipulative

Camila <3
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey there! Really solid looking team you've got going here. I have a few minor changes that you can try out to improve it.

• The main issue with running CM + Roar Suicune is the gigantic sink in momentum right after you click Rest. It gives your opponent two whole free turns to take advantage of, which are also really useful for any setup sweeper. Especially on a mostly offensive team that you're using here, those two turns that you give up can be deadly. I would suggest replacing Calm Mind with Sleep Talk. This change would eliminate the issue of giving your opponent free turns, also making you less susceptible to the setup sweepers that your team fears. You will have much better odds of being able to handle threats you've mentioned like DD Salamence, SD Cobalion, and Lucario thanks to the odds of being able to either fire off a Scald or phaze them out during the turns that Suicune is asleep. You will also feel less pressured to switch Suicune out while its asleep.

• The previous change had got rid of your only setup sweeper. The team also becomes more vulnerable to being swept by last mon CurseLax. I suggest replacing Volt Switch with Swords Dance on Cobalion. This mitigates both of the aforementioned issues by providing you with a new wincon, as well as giving you a solid answer to CurseLax. Swords Dance will generally make it easier for you to be able to break down the opposing team. The loss of Volt Switch could suck, but I think it is well worth the perks that Swords Dance provides.

• As Vapo already mentioned, it would do your team better to replace Stone Edge with Superpower on Krookodile, as it provides better coverage overall with better power and accuracy as well. It has noticeable perks like hitting Hydreigon on the switch and getting past common Shuca Berry users. I also agree with the Max Speed EVs as the additional bulk is so miniscule and you would really like to potentially win speed ties against opposing Krookodiles.

Other Options:
  • I would personally replace Quick Attack with Hyper Beam on Sylveon for the chance to nuke a wall if needed. It seems much more useful than the weak priority that Quick Attack provides.

I hope this helps, and good luck with the team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)