Tournament RUPL SEMIFINALS

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hoodrich Hoopas (1) vs. The Avaricious Arcanine (3)
SM: dodmen vs. soulgazer
SM: Lord Esche vs. Hikari
SM: Sacri' vs. Leru
SM: Welli0u vs. KratosMana
ORAS: Star vs. Christo
ORAS: Lycans vs. Level 56
BW: Finchinator vs. DittoCrow
BW: Void vs. snagaa

The Strawberry Sneasels (3) vs. The Kinglax (5)
SM: Meru vs. Erzengel
SM: Shiba vs. Sam I Yam
SM: Eternal Spirit vs. TDK
SM: Poek vs. Arifeen
ORAS: Melle2402 vs. J0RIS
ORAS: Natalie. vs. Lax
BW: Chill Shadow vs. Kushalos
BW: r0ady vs. Pohjis

To honor the valiant efforts of the Arcanine last week, I present to you, once again, Kirino's Arcanine impression:

spoiler alert: next week will have 12 gifs (or more tbh). Be prepared.

Last edited by a moderator:

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
The Strawberry Sneasels (3.5) vs. The Kinglax (4.5)
SM: Meru vs. Erzengel - i played erz so i now know he's good, meru's obviously a good player too but i feel erz is more invested in the tier so that gives him the edge
SM: Shiba vs. Sam I Yam - sorry still don't know you
SM: Eternal Spirit vs. TDK
SM: Poek vs. Arifeen - all you gotta do is stay in constantly because feen will absolutely try to make a play every time, it's not hard
ORAS: Melle2402 vs. J0RIS - don't know either player very well but both have proven to be assets to their teams, giving the edge to melle but could go either way
ORAS: Natalie. vs. Lax
BW: Chill Shadow vs. Kushalos - i would rather put kush in oras but o well he'll still perform here
BW: r0ady vs. passion - PASSION!! :}

sorry for being a meanie to you guys kinglax, you're actually not all that awful

The Hoodrich Hoopas (8) vs. The Avaricious Arcanine (0)
SM: dodmen vs. soulgazer
SM: Lord Esche vs. Hikari
SM: Sacri' vs. Manipulative
SM: Welli0u vs. KratosMana
ORAS: Star vs. Christo
ORAS: Lycans vs. Level 56
BW: Finchinator vs. DittoCrow
BW: Void vs. Windsong

shakeitup go 0-8 bitch

shoutouts mudsdale

Meru

ate them up
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
I made it two years ago and ofc shake's weeb ass loved it and has been using it ever since

The picture itself is from a google image search probably some deviantart

Its hard to say the game was 100% won when i still had 4 Pokemon left. J0ris could choke or i could hax him, like he did before which brought me in this bad spot.
Heres a reason why the match wasnt 100% won:
The opposing Diancie used Diamond Storm!
It's super effective! Golbat lost 64.6% of its health!
The opposing Diancie's Defense rose!
0 Atk Diancie Diamond Storm vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Golbat: 194-230 (54.8 - 64.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
golbat was at 71%, braviary was inside vs seismitoad
+1 0 Atk Braviary Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Golbat: 207-244 (58.4 - 68.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 0 Atk Braviary Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Golbat on a critical hit: 310-366 (87.5 - 103.3%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

So theres for example a chance that i crit golbat which would let me win the match i think

always hate doing this cause i like getting to actually play pokemon but i'm going to have to call activity vs shiba. i attempted to schedule for earlier in the week (don't have proof of this, but it was in the uu room) but he wanted to wait until weekend. we set and both confirmed a time for 10AM - 12 PM my time today. I messaged him at 10:03AM on smogon and even tracked down his discord to reach out to him on there but he hasn't showed. i planned my day around being able to play in the AM, so i won't be able to play later today and will be traveling all day tomorrow.

Edit - nvm I goofed lol. Fuck daylight savings time

Last edited:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6ru-613541247
Obviously, no one sends teams in RUPL so...
J0RIS did in fact time out. The only way he can receive the win is if the win was in fact 100%. Melle's Braviary was Sub Bulk up, which I can say with relative certainty based on metagame knowledge + his telling me. I suppose I should get Zarel to verify...god knows how long this will take though. If it is not Sub Bulk Up, Melle will be disqualified for lying.

Anyway, unfortunately for J0RIS, I do not see how this game was a 100% win. Braviary could easily win through a combination of crits + dodges (Toxic is only 90%, so for the purpose of this exercise, we assume it misses). Because of this, it is impossible to give J0RIS the win. Therefore, Melle2402 receives the DQ /Timeout victory. I suppose if you live in a 3rd world country, sending your team is wise.
Arifeen Meru

always hate doing this cause i like getting to actually play pokemon but i'm going to have to call activity vs shiba. i attempted to schedule for earlier in the week (don't have proof of this, but it was in the uu room) but he wanted to wait until weekend. we set and both confirmed a time for 10AM - 12 PM my time today. I messaged him at 10:03AM on smogon and even tracked down his discord to reach out to him on there but he hasn't showed. i planned my day around being able to play in the AM, so i won't be able to play later today and will be traveling all day tomorrow.
im gonna post on behalf of shiba
it's 11 am for you right now, as you stated here that you are gmt -5, shiba will play you on the scheduled time. have fun in ur trip tmrw.

feen

control
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6ru-613541247
Obviously, no one sends teams in RUPL so...
J0RIS did in fact time out. The only way he can receive the win is if the win was in fact 100%. Melle's Braviary was Sub Bulk up, which I can say with relative certainty based on metagame knowledge + his telling me. I suppose I should get Zarel to verify...god knows how long this will take though. If it is not Sub Bulk Up, Melle will be disqualified for lying.

Anyway, unfortunately for J0RIS, I do not see how this game was a 100% win. Braviary could easily win through a combination of crits + dodges (Toxic is only 90%, so for the purpose of this exercise, we assume it misses). Because of this, it is impossible to give J0RIS the win. Therefore, Melle2402 receives the DQ /Timeout victory. I suppose if you live in a 3rd world country, sending your team is wise.
Arifeen Meru
theres no rocks on the field and golbat cant miss toxic +diancie has toxic and breaks the sub with moonblasts and melle2402 forgot golbat is faster then braviary

theres no rocks on the field and golbat cant miss toxic +diancie has toxic and breaks the sub with moonblasts and melle2402 forgot golbat is faster then braviary
Ok, I forgot about the Toxic being unable to miss when Poison-types use it mechanic; I thought that was Gen 7 for some reason. Regardless, Diancie being able to break the sub is irrelevant because that Pokemon can miss both Toxic and Diamond Storm and theoretically just end up as a set up fodder. Which means...the only way for J0RIS to win is if Golbat is in fact faster than the Braviary. This poses a problem because there is no way to verify the EV spreads...do I really have to get Zarel involved for fucking rupl omg

My Braviary had the standard ev spread, which means it had 88 evs. Even if you are faster its not a guaranteed win. I really dont see how someone can say i lost this 100%. I dont see a reason to give him the win.
E: fuck it, i want the win

i LOVE people who take wins by discussing shit omfg

What the fuck happened to playing for FUN and not taking wins by alienating the timers purpose which is stopping players from taking too long when you have limited time. This is RUPL, you're not gonna get famous for spouting "LOL XD I WIN BC I TIMER MY OPPS"
Would you yourself like to get eliminated out of the tournament or have more losses in your stats because of something like that?

You're literally only creating anger and sadness, the saying "do not do to others what you would not want them to do to you" doesn't exist without a reason, you imbeciles

i LOVE people who take wins by discussing shit omfg

What the fuck happened to playing for FUN and not taking wins by alienating the timers purpose which is stopping players from taking too long when you have limited time. This is RUPL, you're not gonna get famous for spouting "LOL XD I WIN BC I TIMER MY OPPS"
Would you yourself like to get eliminated out of the tournament or have more losses in your stats because of something like that?

You're literally only creating anger and sadness, the saying "do not do to others what you would not want them to do to you" doesn't exist without a reason, you imbeciles
shut up no one cares

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)