Tournament RUPL VII - Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
1584342981620.png

thx Averardo and Bouff for the art
Sponsored by Skribbl.io

Schedule
Standings

(6) The Rillaboomers vs The Ghosting Silvallys (2)

SS: rozes vs Sabella
SS: atomicllamas vs Osh
SS: Eternally vs EviGaro
SS: Kebab mlml vs Bebo
SM: Xiri vs Odd Della Robbia Haxxsel
SM: roman vs HarrisIsAwesome
ORAS: Santu vs false
BW: KW vs SiTum​

(4) The Loud Explouds vs Emblematic Escavaliers (4)

SS: Lopunny Kicks vs Hikari Expulso
SS: Star vs GW
SS: bkdrew vs lighthouses
SS: byronthewellwell vs DKM
SM: Alkione vs eifo
SM: Cam vs Raichy
ORAS: Kushalos vs MrAldo
BW: The Leprechaun vs Finchinator

(2) The Voracious Vileplumes vs The Weed Smoking Whimsicotts (6)

SS: TDK vs robjr
SS: jake vs Bouff LegendarySerperior
SS: bugzinator vs Amaroq
SS: Averardo vs ima
SM: Zesty43 vs Sage
SM: Luthier vs Hurtadoo
ORAS: TSR vs Garay Oak
BW: LuckOverSkill vs esche

(5) The Snob Frogs vs The Flapple Force (3)

SS: yeezyknows vs Feliburn
SS: Megazard col49 vs lax
SS: Yggdrasil60 vs ggggd
SS: FLCL vs Meru
SM: Vapo vs Spl4sh
SM: Yay vs TheFranklin
ORAS: Chaitanya vs Ajna
BW: tko vs -Tsunami-​

Deadline is Sunday midnight EDT, replays must be posted

Last edited:

sensei axew

i’m not a stop along the way, i’m a destination
is a Community Contributoris a Three-Time Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Looks like I'm the first one to do predicts!

The Rillaboomers(2) vs The Ghosting Silvallys(4)

SS: rozes vs Sabella (gonna skip this one bc i dont really know either of these players besides the fact that rozes hosted LTPL and Sabella kinda sounds like a pasta brand)
SS: atomicllamas vs Osh (slight edge towards llamas here. I know Osh is good in LC(right?) but I'm not so sure how good he is at RU)
SS: Eternally vs EviGaro (eternally's a goat but id be wilding if I didn't bold Evi here)
SS: Kebab mlml vs Bebo (I've honestly never seen Kebab play RU ever so Bebo should clean up good herre)
SM: Xiri vs Odd Della Robbia (HL game for me. Xiri is really friggin good, but ODR is like unbeatable so gonna have to give him the edge here)
SM: roman vs HarrisIsAwesome (in normal circumstances, I'd bold roman here but he kinda dipped for like 4-5 months and just came back recently)
ORAS: Santu vs false (both of these players are good iirc but I think I've heard more about Santu then false)
BW: KW vs SiTuM (idk bro BW is wild)

The Loud Explouds(4) vs Emblematic Escavaliers(1)

SS: Lopunny Kicks vs Hikari (once again, I'm an RU mainer so I don't know much about either of these players but I've heard and seen more from Lopunny Kicks)
SS: Star vs GW (GW's a goat but Star is a tough person to play for his first RU team tour)
SS: bkdrew vs lighthouses (yo i'm always gonna bold bkdrew that man is FLAMES, best RU player 2020)
SS: byronthewellwell vs DKM (idk man, DKM is heat too but byron made it to ru circuit playoffs last years so I'm gonna 50-50 this one)
SM: Alkione vs eifo (you'd think I'd know alkione as a player by now, but I really don't so I'm gonna give the edge to eifo here)
SM: Cam vs Raichy (all I know about these players is that Cam is from TLT and he was pretty good)
ORAS: Kushalos vs MrAldo (Normally, I'd bold Aldo here because I only know about him. HOWEVER, I have heard from many sources that Kushalos is great at ORAS so I'm just gonna leave this as a 50-50)
BW: The Leprechaun vs Finchinator (anything can happen in BW)

The Voracious Vileplumes(0) vs The Weed Smoking Whimsicotts(8)

SS: TDK vs robjr (lol)
SS: jake vs Bouff (imagine)
SS: bugzinator vs Amaroq (my)
SS: Averardo vs ima (team)
SM: Zesty43 vs Sage (losing)
SM: Luthier vs Hurtadoo (haha)
ORAS: TSR vs Garay oak (nope)
BW: LuckOverSkill vs esche (c:)

The Snob Frogs(3) vs The Flapple Force(3)

SS: yeezyknows vs Feliburn (Feliburn is probably one of the best RU'ers out there and even though yeezy is fire, I gotta give Feliburn an edge here)
SS: col49 vs lax (another HL match, both of these players are really good, but I feel that col is more associated with RU rn, I'm gonna give him a slight edge)
SS: Yggdrasil60 vs ggggd (oof I don't know either of these players)
SS: FLCL vs Meru (I've seen replays of FLCL from last RUPL and they were impressive, and I haven't seen much of Meru recently so slight edge to FLCL)
SM: Vapo vs Spl4sh (Spl4sh is going off in generations rn, but man Vapo has impressed everyone the past couple of RU-related tours so I'm expected a Vapo win here)
SM: Yay vs TheFranklin (Gonna give just the slightest edge to Arce because he showed up in the last fall SSNL)
ORAS: Chaitanya vs Ajna (don't think I have to explain this one too much, Ajna's probably the best ORAS player out there)
BW: tko vs -Tsunami- (anything can happen in BW)

Last edited:

Mavis

Banned deucer.
okok fine let's get the bkpredicts going

The Rillaboomers (3) vs The Ghosting Silvallys (3)
SS: rozes vs Sabella: definitely think rozes has this pretty solidly. no idea how versed Sabella is with RU, and I see him as the better player combined with atomicllamas support. big edge.
SS: atomicllamas vs Osh: llamas knows ss well, and this is another case of me never seeing the opponent play a single game of RU in their lives. however, there is something to be said for bebo/evi/odd all on the same team, so perhaps they can assist in the supporting department. slight edge regardless.
SS: Eternally vs EviGaro: I would be lying if I bolded against evi unless she was playing some renowned spreadsheet god, and I don't think llamas support is enough to get eternally the win here. also completely unsure how much RU eternally has been playing, so big edge to evi since I know she's been practicing.
SS: Kebab mlml vs Bebo: BEBOAT
SM: Xiri vs Odd Della Robbia: undoubtedly the highlight matchup of this fight. both high-level, well-known RU players, and seeing them face off in their comfort tier of SM should be a spectacle. on one hand, I want to give slight edge to odd for existing, but I've still got good faith in xiri.
SM: roman vs HarrisIsAwesome: roman going MIA for almost half a year isn't enough for me to give him an edge over Harris. last I saw him play SM it was his very solid Snake Draft performance, so solid edge here. speaking of SSD, he's back with his former manager evi too. so, another point to harris' edge.
ORAS: Santu vs false: know very little about either of these players but will place minimal edge in santu
BW: KW vs SiTuM: bw

The Voracious Vileplumes (3) vs The Weed Smoking Whimsicotts (4)
SS: TDK vs robjr: minimal edge to robjr here. tdk is a titan and I am absolutely not taking anything away from him and his ability to play a million tiers at a tournament level, but robjr is more versed in RU as is.
SS: jake vs Bouff: gogo bouff big edge
SS: bugzinator vs Amaroq: bolding bugz
SS: Averardo vs ima: the pizza is here, and surrounded by friends, so I've gotta give him the pretty solid edge.
SM: Zesty43 vs Sage: slay queen
SM: Luthier vs Hurtadoo: I drank the luthier kool-aid, like, last fucking year, and still haven't hit the bathroom even since then. I've always been super high on luthier since his insane run through an RU circuit pool he seemed poor against, only to knock the shit out of the competition and make it to finals. hurtadoo is definitely good, but luthier is on another level. decent edge.
ORAS: TSR vs Garay oak: garay has proven his merit as an exceptional tours player and I see no reason it won't translate to success here. no clue how good tsr is at oras anyways. slight edge.
BW: LuckOverSkill vs esche: this guy is SO GOOD how could I bold against esche

The Snob Frogs (3) vs The Flapple Force (5)
SS: yeezyknows vs Feliburn: this bold brought to you by the felifans. however, it is yeezy he's playing against, and the man has learned RU and put up great performances in a staggeringly small amount of time. this one should be good. slight edge.
SS: col49 vs lax: I trust boomer49's RU performance a lot more than I trust lax's, and think he can edge this one out. decent edge.
SS: Yggdrasil60 vs ggggd: sip that koolaid folks
SS: FLCL vs Meru: RU god meru is back once again to drag flcl's corpse through the mud
SM: Vapo vs Spl4sh: ok FINE I'll bold vapo. slight edge anyways but spl4sh is decent so it could go either way
SM: Yay vs TheFranklin: seasonal winner arce is about to pimp all over yay, but I'd still love to see how close this game could get if yay pulls up with a great team and plays with a little metered aggression. decent edge.
ORAS: Chaitanya vs Ajna: imagine bolding against ajna in oras couldn't be me
BW: tko vs -Tsunami- yahallo

Last edited:

lighthouses

Inordinary
is a Tiering Contributor
The Rillaboomers(5) vs The Ghosting Silvallys(3)

SS: rozes vs Sabella
SS: atomicllamas vs Osh
SS: Eternally vs EviGaro
SS: Kebab mlml vs Bebo - could be totally wrong but i get the impression that Bebo is the kind of player that either would do really well or tilt hard after a couple early losses; hes super high on himself rn so these early matches are very important in a way to his overall performance
SM: Xiri vs Odd Della Robbia
SM: roman vs HarrisIsAwesome
ORAS: Santu vs false - this is a good game, will give the edge to the wielder of kushalos teams for being more experienced in the tier playing it in rupl multiple times
BW: KW vs SiTuM - kw is pretty good at pokemon despite what everyone thinks of him as a person

The Voracious Vileplumes(3) vs The Weed Smoking Whimsicotts(5)

SS: TDK vs robjr - simply because i think rob will be equiped with better teams
SS: jake vs Bouff
SS: bugzinator vs Amaroq
SS: Averardo vs ima
SM: Zesty43 vs Sage
SM: Luthier vs Hurtadoo - closer than it seems, small edge to luth tho as i have seen more of him recently
ORAS: TSR vs Garay oak - garays heat
BW: LuckOverSkill vs esche

The Snob Frogs(3) vs The Flapple Force(4)

SS: yeezyknows vs Feliburn
SS: col49 vs lax
SS: Yggdrasil60 vs ggggd
SS: FLCL vs Meru
SM: Vapo vs Spl4sh
SM: Yay vs TheFranklin
ORAS: Chaitanya vs Ajna

gl friendos

YAHALLO AND NYANPASU FRIENDS! YOUR VRO BOP THE BUILDER IS HERE AND THAT MEANS IT'S TIME FOR UNBIASED PREDICTIONS

BW: tko vs -Tsunami- - LOLO shake in 2020??? what are we doing here bros LMFAO NOOOOOOOO there's absolutely no evidence to support that this clown isn't an unviable loser in 2020.. the Hall of Fame farmer is actually positive on the sheet, but put up a downright laughable 2-5 in 2019 across wcop and snake.. a 2-5 in pu and dpp, aka the Variance Madhouse, btw; the two most farmable tiers of the two aforementioned tournaments LOLO #crustrule SHAKE IS SO BAD thankfully it's not all terrible news for the flapple force, as the former Smogon Classic winner has been self quarantined in his room ever since the late 90s OML Sylvia Lyyneheym > Corona-chan bop... tko seems solid enough i guess and always grabs a few wins in these tournaments. tko's edge here is bigger than the edge on the grand canyon oh my god LOLOLO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)