Russian Roulette I - Finals [won by Melle2402]

Status
Not open for further replies.

teal6

is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion

Are you one of those people that talk a big game on Smogtours but don't wanna back it up when the time comes? If so, this tournament's probably not for you. Russian Roulette is a tournament made for the loudmouths of the community to show that they're actually fearless, and don't mind putting a little something extra on the line when it comes to playing a competitive match.

Each round is a simple best of one ORAS OU, no frills. However, there's a price for losing. When signing up, each player must submit a condition, and upon losing, each player will be assigned one of these conditions randomly. Yes, you can even get your own!

Confused? Here's an example:

in
the user that beats me gets full control of my avatar for 3 months on smogon

So when CharizardLover loses round 1, he has a chance to forfeit control of his avatar on Smogon to BlastoiseGuy69 for 3 months - if he's unlucky enough to draw his own condition. However, some of the other ones might even be worse!

So obviously we can't do anything ridiculously extreme but I will be moderating the conditions to make sure they're not insanely light. I'd rather see some too-harsh and have to edit them down, though, so be creative! This is a chance to prove that you are actually fearless when it comes to battling - no more writing "LOL!" during WCOP games if you aren't willing to prove that you're definitively better than the person you're making fun of.

1. teal6
2. rozes
3. idiotfrommars
4. aramonia
5. ice tea
6. littlelucario
7. the idiot ninja
8. crestfall
9. get this money
10. dusk raimon
11. arifeen
12. mr. 378
13. itsBaku
14. dodmen
15. srn
16. luigi
17. drangonn.
18. analytic
19. MONNA LUSA
20. syncrasy
21. melle2402
22. haund
23. king uu
24. hogg
25. p2
26. omfuga
27. ttftw
28. prague kick
29. jacob
30. AAAmen
31. Kiyo
32. Rare Poison
33. YABO
34. shadestep
35. GIGO
36. Lord Ninjax
37. Aurora
38. TonyFlygon
39. HQuaze
40. Sabella
41. Marcop9923
42. Exiline
43. Jhonx~
44. Always!
45. Entreflores
46. Aubisio
47. Sand1234
48. Confide
-------------
49. Hammy
50. bushtush

1. the user who loses this match has to voice-record a reading of the following post and post it in this thread: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/lc-viability-rankings-2-0.3547566/page-16#post-6796756
2. "if i lose i will post daily daily messages onto the wall a of user the person that beats me chooses for the next month"
3. "If i lose ill nickname every Pokemon I use in a trophy tournament HODOR or a variation of it until the SPL all-star break."
4. "if I lose I'll end every post on smogon and every smogon related channels servers etc with 'XD' "
5. "If I lose I'll change my smogon name to whatever you wish."
6. Changing my condition to: "If I lose, I will have to record myself singing the following TV show theme songs, post it on YT, then link on my smogon sig until the end of SPL: Jimmy Neutron, Pokemon Advanced Battle, Pokemon (original), Danny Phantom, Fairly Odd Parents, Scooby Doo Where are You, and Hey Arnold"
7. If it's possible I'd like to change my condition to "I will record and upload footage of me shouting "FUCK THUNDER WAVE" in a public place"
8. "if I lose I will ladder to top 10 on any ORAS ladder using no S rank mons nor Thunder Wave"
9. "if I lose I'll change my signature to what ever to person who beat me choses, till the end of spl finals"
10. will let anyone who beats me change my status to whatever they want
11. "if i lose ill post an audio of me singing wrecking ball"
12. "If I lose I must start my posts with a number starting at 1 ending at 378. In other words the first post will start with 1. the second 2. until the 378th post is made."
13. "If i lose i will post "I love you" in the profile of a random user in the rest of the year."
14. If I lose, I must make a relevant reasonable-effort MS paint (or similar) picture to post along with each of my smogon posts till the end of 2016.
15. If I lose, I must change my custom title to "5 out of 6 Doctors agree that russian roulette is completely safe!"
16. "If i lose i'll make 40 high effort, high quality posts in the ASB and/or CAP forums (you can do 20/20, 40/0, 15/25 etc as long as it's 40 across both of them)"
17. "if I lose I will actually do an essay of your choice within the time limit provided, for school or otherwise."
18. "If I lose I will profess my love for Finchinator by VMing him everyday for the next 50 days. The VM will be of a minimum of 3 sentences and cannot be repeated "
19. "if i lose i will post daily daily messages onto the wall a of user the person that beats me chooses for the next month... Twice"
20. "If u lose I will have to send a voice recording singing Justin bieber for a week(no repeats)"
21. If I lose, i lose i will post daily daily messages onto the wall a of user the person that beats me chooses for the next month"
22. if i lose i'll write my next 50 posts with a nice and friendly font and pink color, using friendly dongers and friendly emoticons (◕‿◕✿)like this! :) ^_^ (◕‿◕✿)
23. If I lose I will let anyone who beats me change my status to whatever they want
24. "If I lose, I will unironically incorporate a quote from Pwnemon's Reddit into every post I make for the next 60 days."
25. if i lose the winner gets full control of my profile (avi, ct, sig, status, info) until 2017
26. loser writes reviews of every single beyonce single ever released with x/10 ratings and small descriptions
27. if I lose I'm using an exaggerated amount of japanese words such as desu~ or kawaii~ and whatever google translator can throw at me in every forum post until spl sign ups
28. if I lose I will tag faint in every post I make until 2017
29. if i lose i will end every post with "you just got nae nae'd son" until wcop signups
30. If i lose i change my avatar with a glittered picture like this for three months
31. "If I lose I will work my way up to driver in the roleplaying room within 6 months"
32. "I will like all of the posts of the person who beats me until 2017"
33. The loser of this match has to be the personal battle scheduler for FlamingVictini until 2017
34. if i lose i will do the daily hard challenge from the health & fitness room until the end of 2016 and post the result in the Bona Fida thread. (before/after)
35. The loser of this match must post 25 times in Serebii.net's tournament subforum, contributing to the conversation, but at the end, asking if anyone knows "TDK or TheDragonKnight"
36. the loser of this battle must create and maintain a ChristianMingle account posing as Ash Ketchum and get 1 woman to respond
37. if I lose I dab at your service anywhere you so desire
38. "If I lose I'll write up, narrate and edit together a special YouTube feature (to be uploaded on Smogon's official YouTube channel) on Smogon's 1st Classic winner and best ever overall tournament player: -Tsunami-. It shall be named Smogon's Greatest: -Tsunami- and will include analyses of his best games, team- and individual tournament records, famous quotes, a compiled list of waifus and much more. Stay tuned!"
39. loser has to record a special "additional verse" to the pokemon cypher 2016 and post the recording in this thread
40. the loser of this match has to type (on smogon and smogtours and pokemon showdown) the way the user: -Tsunami talks until SPL week 1
41. Loser gets a name change decided by the winner
42. If I lose, I'll ladder until i reach top 5 in random battle.
43. "If I lose, I must change my custom title to "5 out of 6 Doctors agree that russian roulette is completely safe!"
44. If I lose I will submit a small reflection from a verse in Tao Te Ching and my CT / Avi can be changed to anything the winner wants until SPL signups begin. Every day for a week I will post reflections of works from some figure in addition to regular posts.
45. And if I lose I will play my next 100 ladder matches with teams made by the one and only Fruitdealer. And actually play em out and not click X 100 times as I should.
46. Whenever the loser makes a post, from now until the end of the year, they must include Wikipedia-style citations
47. "If I lose,I'll ladder to the top 50 of the OU ladder using an all stars meta team(1 OU,1 UU,1 RU,1 NU,1 PU,1 LC) on a fresh alt"
48. every post the loser makes will be in haiku form (5 - 7 - 5) until the end of the year
49. In if I lose I'll give a user full control of my alt for a week
50. "ill let the winner change my status to whatever they want"

An activity loss will count the same as an actual loss, so try to play your games if you do decide to signup. Conditions are assigned at the time of the loss, so you'll not know what lies in store for you going into each match.

Signups will last until September 19th 11:59 PM GMT+10 and from there each round will be 1 week, provided the games don't get finished more quickly.

Good luck to everyone that participates, and think outside the box with some funny and creative punishments to give to the losers!

To kick things off, I'll post a signup myself and give an example:

in
the user who loses this match has to voice-record a reading of the following post and post it in this thread: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/lc-viability-rankings-2-0.3547566/page-16#post-6796756

Last edited:

Amaranth

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
UPL Champion
in
"if I lose I will properly rate five different awful teams in the ORAS OU Teams section, giving an in depth explaination for every suggestion. Teams must have less than 3 replies on their threads."

In.

"If i lose i will post "I love you" in the profile of a random user in the rest of the year."

Last edited:

Srn

Water (Spirytus - 96%)
is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
In

If I lose, I must change my custom title to "5 out of 6 Doctors agree that russian roulette is completely safe!"

Syncrasy

Change the game, don't let the game change you
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
In
"If u lose I will have to send a voice recording singing Justin bieber for a week(no repeats)"

In
If I lose, i lose i will post daily daily messages onto the wall a of user the person that beats me chooses for the next month"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)