Hobbies Samurai Jack (awyp episode analysis)

Status
Not open for further replies.

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Since Basketball Season is winding down I decided to put my time and do something very cool, I was at my friends house over the weekend and we were a bit under the influence so since HBO Max had Samurai Jack I suggested to watch the first episode and it was quite a masterpiece. Since I'm in my late 20s I grew up watching Samurai Jack when I was younger and it always hits the nostalgic feels so I'll be posting episode analyses since I have nothing better to do and plus I've been dying to finish the show almost 20 years ago when they released the last season in 2017, just never ended up watching it.

1716301279476.png

awyp

is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
there will be spoilers from here on out so look away if you care

episode 1: so i rewatched from a couple of days ago. what i love about the first episode is that they lay down the premise in the first 5 minutes of the show. aku is a really cool villain voiced by a legend (mako rip). aku has these shape shifting abilities which makes him a difficult adversary for jack. my favorite thing about episode 1 is probably the soundtrack / music. it captures the mood and emotion of whats going on with very little narration. i am a big fan of the scene after jacks father gets kidnapped by aku and he travels across many places for training and the soundtrack adapts to each place. there's a bunch of good quotes from jacks father (emperor) about defeating evil and mind over matter type shit. the first fight with samurai jack vs aku is a legendary one because you discover 2 things how powerful the sword is + jack and get to see akus shape shifting abilities.

1716322601019.png

awyp

episode 2: okay so the samurai lands in akus world and there are flying cars which i thought we plausible nowadays but w/e he meets these 3 goons who are using 2000s lingo to talk to him and they call him jack. this scene is quite funny cus bruh has no idea on whats going on. this episode is quite a step down from the first, but the next scene jack goes and grabs refreshments from what looks to be a club but not just any club a strip club??? kinda wild for cartoon network but whatever. gets in a fight and is shocked by all the aliens, meets talking dogs and explain that they been treated like slaves in a gold mine or something. whats crazy is i remember the scene where theres a sad dog that resembled a bloodhound mining as sad music is playing the background (nostalgic feels), not much going on this episode which opens up with some action in episode 3

1716328068982.png

awyp

episode 3: so essentially in the last episode jack says dogs arent supposed to be treated like dogs which was a joke but yeah beginning of the episode jack asks for some help from the dog miners to build weapons and an armour since aku sent out drones to wreck havoc on the dog miners, jack p much cooked with some cool fight scenes but it wasn't too challenging, i do remember this legendary scene where he splits open a drone and theres oil inside of it and he gets covered in this black oil and continues to fight, its actually pretty badass. thus far i dont think jack has had much of a challenge he's usually bruised up but its like no competition thus far tbh.

1716357379533.png

awyp

episode 4: so the episode starts with jack hunting for food since he hasnt eaten in days. he comes across these futuristic monkey looking things chasing down something called woolies. the evil monkeys p much tell him that the woolies are bad but something great about animation sometimes is you can tell usually based off design and facial expression whos usually good or bad. essentially jack speaks to a bunch of the woolies back at this evil monkey camp where they're all captures and treated like slaves and tell jack they need to be saved. just another episode where samurai jack looks extremely overpowering where they go ahead and destroy this orb which is controlling all the woolies, towards the end of the episode leads to the king of the woolies telling jack where to find aku.

1716413762668.png

awyp

episode 5: not much going on here but essentially jack is exploring and he comes a long these scientists who are trying to escape the planet because life is shit for everyone not named aku. so they tell jack that they can get him back in time if they travel in light speed with the rocket they're building, but aku sends his robot minions and not much gets done so jack essentially fights these robot minions as the scientists have to leave jack behind or the ship gets destroyed so jack puts in work again and helps them flee on their own, jack gets hit my this huge robot mosquito and essentially turns into a asteroid and flies back into akus planet

1717047430824.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)