Sand Coffin

Hello, everybody. It's me again. So I've had this Sand Team in my head for a while now, and I think it's time to put it down on paper, err, the Internet. So, without further ado, here it is.

I didn't really have a team-building process so much as I just thought of Pokemon who could take advantage of, or weren't hurt by, Sand.

1. Tyranitar (Sand Stream): Adamant Nature @ Choice Band. 156 HP / 252 Atk / 100 SpD.
Stone Edge, Crunch, Pursuit, Superpower.

This is more or less your standard Band Tar. I gave it the evs above as, with the standard 180 HP evs, you only get 6 more HP, and I thought it would be better just to put the rest into Special Defense after maximizing Attack. I originally had the last 100 evs in defense, but Tyranitar, with it's weaknesses, is almost always going to be taking STAB super effective hits, so it's pointless. This way, he can be my weather setter, my wallbreaker, and my special tank, all in one. Love this guy, and is my favorite Pokemon. Chosen over Hippowdon for the reason stated above, and also because he's more offensive, which I wanted. Standard Banded Ttar moves, I might change Pursuit to Ice Punch if I find myself not using the move.

2. Terrakion (Justified): Jolly Nature @ Life Orb. 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe.
Stone Edge, Close Combat, Swords Dance, Rock Polish/Stealth Rock.

Terrakion, how I love you so. This guy is a monster, and often cannot be taken down easily, especially in Sand. He is fast, strong, and has good bulk. Also possesses great synergy with the rest of my team, as Tyranitar and Latias remove the Psychic and Fighting Types which he may struggle against. I am debating on whether or not to change Rock Polish to Stealth Rock, as I would love to have Stealth Rock on my team, and I really like Ferrothorn's moveslots as is. This is where you (my friends) come in. The rest are standard STAB moves, Swords Dance plus Life Orb to plow through anything, even Gliscor and Slowbro.

3. Landorus (Sand Force): Naive Nature @ Choice Scarf. 4 SpA / 252 Atk / 252 Spe.
Earthquake, Stone Edge, U-Turn, Hidden Power Ice/Fire.

Landorus is amazing in Sand! His attack with EQ and SE, damn. In a more serious vein, Landorus is my revenge killer, and does an excellent job at doing so. EQ and SE to form the infamous EdgeQuake combo, as well as getting a Sand Boost, U-Turn for scouting, switch advantage, Latias, and Celebi, and HP Ice for Gliscor and opposing Landorus and things like Garchomp. Might change it to HP Fire, so I can have a solid answer to Scizor besides Jellicent.

4. Latios (Levitate): Timid Nature @ Choice Specs. 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe.
Draco Meteor, Psyshock, Surf, Hidden Power Fire

Ah, Latios. This thing is great with Tyranitar and Terrakion, removing pesky Fighting Types from the fray, and sponging special hits when needed, while remaining all around bulky and offensively present. Originally Reinculus, I believe that he was too slow for the faster pace I want for my team. I then changed it to Latias but felt that Latios was better suited for the role of Fast special attacker to remove Fighting Types for Terrakion to better sweep. Latios just feels like a better fit, the only major disadvantage being that he takes damage from Sand. Standard moves only without Trick. Draco Meteor to make things dissipate quickly, Psyshock to obliterate Fighting Types, Surf to take advantage of the ever present Rain and to deal with Tyranitar and Heatran, as well as some Steels, and HP Fire to take advantage of Sun, and to counter Ferrothorn and Scizor, as well as other Steel types. I hate how it makes me run 349 Speed, but oh well. It's worth the ability to remove annoying pokes like Scizor and Celebi.

5. Ferrothorn (Iron Barbs): Relaxed Nature @ Leftovers. 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD.
Spikes, Leech Seed, Power Whip, Gyro Ball.

Standard Ferrothorn here. I chose him because I needed a good entry hazard abuser, and Ferrothorn is excellent at setting up multiple layers of Spikes. He has Power Whip for bulky Waters and STAB, and Gyro Ball for another powerful STAB attack against Fast Dragons, Alakazam, and Gengar (Plus others). Leech Seed is for self healing, to force switches, and for general annoyance. Overall, a great mixed wall, and with some nice offensive capabilities, as well!

6. Jellicent (Water Absorb): Calm Nature @ Leftovers 252 HP / 36 Def / 220 SpD.
Scald, Shadow Ball, Will-O-Wisp, Recover.

Jellicient, my beautiful special wall. Responsible for forming the amazing Ferrocent defensive core, that resists or is immune to all types but Ground and Flying, one of which is covered by Latias, while Terrakion covers Flying Types, and also Tyranitar completely resists and decimates with Stone Edge. Evs are to maximize HP, not be 2HKOed by Starmie's Psyshock, and to sponge special attacks like a bossy boss. Scald and Shadow Ball for STABs, as well as that nice 30% burn chance. Will-O-Wisp if I want to burn for sure (I'm looking at you, Scizor!), and Recover to keep it healthy. Works very nicely, and also functions as my spinblocker.

The Gameplan

The general strategy of the team is to use my offensive core of Tyranitar, Latios, and Terrakion to punch holes in the team and clear the path of checks and counters to Terrakion, hopefully allowing for a late game sweep. Ferrothorn and Jellicent form the classic and amazing Ferrocent Defensive Core, while Landorus is my Revenge Killer, and can possibly make a little mini-sweep with Earthquake and Stone Edge if the conditions are good enough to do so.

Well, I hope you all enjoyed my RMT! I appreciate any and all feedback.

Just one thing, why not add Garchomp to the team in place of Latias?
Garchomp has better HP and Defense which will help take on Scizor
Garchomp has HUGE attack and can kill entire teams with the bulk sand offers.
Also, I would recommend you remove Ferrothorn for Heatran else you have no way to deal with Grass-types like Breloom(takes Terra and Ttar, whereas Latias switch can be predicted and used for momentum) along with Scizor(Scizor can U-turn and hit Latias hard, maybe OHKO with Choice Band).
Heatran also helps you beat Sun teams by walling the Sun sweepers with Flash Fire, setting up Stealth Rock and Roaring away

I don't wish to change Latias, just because I sort of have an offensive core with Tyranitar, Terrakion, and Latias. I could see Swords Dance Garchomp with Fire Blast being useful, though.

I see a huge weakness to Scizor, it can hit everything on the team for super effective damage except Landorus who doesn't want to take a BP anyway. As for now I would go with HP Fire Landorus and I'll be doing some tests with the team. Will be back.

Bumping because I replaced Latias with Latios and included my team's strategy. Also am looking for some ideas on dealing with Scizor and Breloom. Probably going to just use HP Fire for Landorus.

If you want your Scizor and Breloom problem solved Skarmory is a good substitute for Ferrothorn. He can set up spikes too. Test him and see if it works.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)